PDA

View Full Version : Montee Ball's long, hot summer has resulted in slide down Broncos' depth chart

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2015, 06:05 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It was just a couple calendar pages ago – June – when Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball was talking about an offseason filled with focus, of hard work, to get back what was once his.

And that was the starting running back job.

“As of right now I’m second; I’m behind C.J. [Anderson]," Ball said in June. “But I’m sure it’s going to be a 1-A, 1-B style and we’re looking forward to it. … The only thing I can do is work and fight back to get the No. 1 spot. But let’s say I do fight back and get the No. 1 spot, they can’t keep C.J. on the bench based off what he did. They most definitely have to use both of us.’’

This time last year, Ball was at the front of the line. Saturday night, as the Broncos closed out their third preseason game, Ball was the fourth running back into the game. The Broncos may indeed have a 1-A, 1-B look, but Ball is no longer in position to be the second back in line.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/14566/montee-balls-long-hot-summer-has-resulted-in-slide-down-broncos-depth-chart

TXBRONC
08-30-2015, 06:14 PM
I feel bad for him. He had really promising rookie campaign but has struggled ever since.

aberdien
08-30-2015, 06:18 PM
What do we reckon will be the tandem with CJ? Juwan?

Dzone
08-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Similar in some ways to Knowshon Moreno in his early years. Hope Ball can pull off a comeback. He seems like a real likeable kid with a great attitude.

Northman
08-30-2015, 06:19 PM
The life in the NFL unfortunately.

Northman
08-30-2015, 06:20 PM
What do we reckon will be the tandem with CJ? Juwan?

Probably the 1-2 combo will be CJ and Hillman.

VonDoom
08-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Probably the 1-2 combo will be CJ and Hillman.

Sure seems that way. Hillman has played well this preseason. Juwan makes the most of his limited reps and plays on ST. Ball is just kind of ... there. I still think he makes the roster, but he is certainly out of favor right now

TXBRONC
08-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Sure seems that way. Hillman has played well this preseason. Juwan makes the most of his limited reps and plays on ST. Ball is just kind of ... there. I still think he makes the roster, but he is certainly out of favor right now

Thompson and Anderson are very similar in that they both power runners. Hillman adds speed.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-30-2015, 07:48 PM
A slide down the depth chart is one thing, but I doubt Ball is going anywhere. We all know the importance of having a "stable" of running backs in this system. Injuries happen all the time, especially to RBs. Ball has more value to the team on it than any potential late round draft pick we might be able to scavenge by trading him. I can see us keeping more RBs/TEs on the roster this season and less WRs than we have previously.

tripp
08-31-2015, 08:33 PM
I've heard nothing but bad news for Montee Ball, nothing but good news for Hillman. I think Hillman is a situational RB.. could be effective if used properly, don't see Montee Ball being that type of back, CJ has his role filled.

Dzone
08-31-2015, 09:46 PM
On that play where ball caught the pass over the middle, had room to run, tried to juke a guy and ran right into him, well, he looked like a guy who aint got no game. Maybe he's just rusty but dang

Dapper Dan
08-31-2015, 10:45 PM
I guess I'm a bit confused because I haven't seen him struggle. I feel like he does well enough. I haven't really heard too much from practice and camps. He played well as a rookie and got hurt last year. He's still just 24 years old. Do you really give up on a 2nd round pick this quickly?

Northman
09-01-2015, 05:41 AM
I guess I'm a bit confused because I haven't seen him struggle. I feel like he does well enough. I haven't really heard too much from practice and camps. He played well as a rookie and got hurt last year. He's still just 24 years old. Do you really give up on a 2nd round pick this quickly?

Its not about giving up on him, its whether or not they need him because of other backs playing better. You cant keep everyone so thats why its important to make your statement to the team early and often. Injuries suck but they do tend to leave the door open for other players to step up and take your place.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Its not about giving up on him, its whether or not they need him because of other backs playing better. You cant keep everyone so thats why its important to make your statement to the team early and often. Injuries suck but they do tend to leave the door open for other players to step up and take your place.

Then we're pretty lucky our RBs and WRs sucked when Knowshon and Demaryius were hurt.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 06:13 AM
If CJ goes down are we comfortable with Hillman/Thompson?

SR
09-01-2015, 06:17 AM

I'm more comfortable with them than Hillman and Ball.

Based on what I've seen in preseason, CJ missing a couple games here and there is a reality Bronco fans need to get comfortable with. He gets dinged up a lot.

Northman
09-01-2015, 06:34 AM

Yea why. Both are playing well and much better than Ball.

VonDoom
09-01-2015, 06:35 AM

I think they keep four RB's, though, so unless they think they can get something by trading him, he should make the roster as the number four. That's not where he wants to be (nor where the team wants him to be) but it is what it is at this point. They haven't shown any real commitment to Bibbs taking that spot, so I'd guess it's still Ball's at this point.

VonDoom
09-01-2015, 06:37 AM
I'm more comfortable with them than Hillman and Ball.

Based on what I've seen in preseason, CJ missing a couple games here and there is a reality Bronco fans need to get comfortable with. He gets dinged up a lot.

I don't know if it's just because I'm thinking how important CJ is to us this year, but every time he gets up from a pile, I'm watching him like a hawk to see if he's limping off the field. Like, "Why is he leaving the game so slowly? Oh, he just needs a breather."

Northman
09-01-2015, 06:38 AM
I think they keep four RB's, though, so unless they think they can get something by trading him, he should make the roster as the number four. That's not where he wants to be (nor where the team wants him to be) but it is what it is at this point. They haven't shown any real commitment to Bibbs taking that spot, so I'd guess it's still Ball's at this point.

They might keep four but thats not guaranteed. Point is, if Ball was listed at #2 to begin camp and now is #4 than thats on him for not playing better to secure that spot.

SR
09-01-2015, 06:42 AM
I don't know if it's just because I'm thinking how important CJ is to us this year, but every time he gets up from a pile, I'm watching him like a hawk to see if he's limping off the field. Like, "Why is he leaving the game so slowly? Oh, he just needs a breather."

Same here

SR
09-01-2015, 06:43 AM
They might keep four but thats not guaranteed. Point is, if Ball was listed at #2 to begin camp and now is #4 than thats on him for not playing better to secure that spot.

They will keep four, plus Casey as a FB/TE.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 06:48 AM
If they keep 4 then that would be perfect. I guess that's the benefits of having only 1 kicker.

Valar Morghulis
09-01-2015, 06:55 AM
I think ball makes the team and proves his worth.

His first season he showed promise. Last year he got injured in training camp then again early in the season.

I think he comes good.

But I love Juwan.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 06:57 AM
I think ball makes the team and proves his worth.

His first season he showed promise. Last year he got injured in training camp then again early in the season.

I think he comes good.

But I love Juwan.

I agree.

I think I like Juwan because he went to Duke.

VonDoom
09-01-2015, 08:10 AM

Right, I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that if they keep four RB (and I think they will) that Ball will likely be one of them. Unless they think they can get something of value from him in a trade, I don't see them cutting him. He was a second rounder only two years ago. With our late developing RB's, there's always a chance he can become something in the future, so there's no need to throw him away unless there is someone to take his spot.

SR
09-01-2015, 08:17 AM
If Ball drops down the depth chart in an offense that uses ZBS, I'm not sure what use he'll be on this team.

silkamilkamonico
09-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Do you cut Hillman or Thomson to keep a guy like Ball?

wayninja
09-01-2015, 11:00 AM

I wouldn't, and based on the play time, Denver's not thinking that either.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-01-2015, 11:04 AM
How many RB's are we projected to keep? We kept 4 last year, if I remember correctly.

Just because Ball has slipped down the depth chart it doesn't mean he'll be cut. We need all of these RB's this year.

tomjonesrocks
09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Wow I can't believe this news all over that Ball is getting shopped.

He was so amazing and dynamic that first year. What a tragic decision. It's waaayy too early to let him go. Fire everybody!

Mike
09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't give up on him. He has no trade value.

It really does look like he is trying too hard right now and it's in his head. Give him more time and keep coaching him.

Bronco4ever
09-01-2015, 11:08 AM

Nope. Hillman is a lock to make the team and Thompson not only have versatility but has shined almost every time he's been on the field. Hopefully Ball can pull it together and become a great player, but we have a pretty good stable of backs with or without him.

SR
09-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Nope. Hillman is a lock to make the team and Thompson not only have versatility but has shined almost every time he's been on the field. Hopefully Ball can pull it together and become a great player, but we have a pretty good stable of backs with or without him.

Thompson is also really valuable on special teams

tomjonesrocks
09-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Montee's going to show us what he can do! Fasten your seat belts!

(sorry if this was posted already)
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/177065/monte-ball-ill-show-them-what-i-can-do

Buff
09-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Montee's going to show us what he can do! Fasten your seat belts!

(sorry if this was posted already)
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/177065/monte-ball-ill-show-them-what-i-can-do

Anytime you're ready, fella.

BroncoJoe
09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
I just don't know if we'll keep 4 RB's this year. I think they're going to keep QB Trevor Siemian on the roster. Can't afford to lose him by trying to sneak him on the PS.

Dzone
09-01-2015, 12:19 PM
I agree.

I think I like Juwan because he went to Duke.
Yes, most Duke athletes can actually read and write. Big plus.

Buff
09-01-2015, 12:25 PM
I just don't know if we'll keep 4 RB's this year. I think they're going to keep QB Trevor Siemian on the roster. Can't afford to lose him by trying to sneak him on the PS.

Seems more likely that we'd go light at WR in a run-heavy offense than go 3-deep at RB.

Dzone
09-01-2015, 01:03 PM
So Vic says broncos are actively seeking a trade for Montee. Is that true?..Cant help but feel a little sad about that. You cant help but like ball. He seems like a real cool dude. Maybe he will end up in san diego for an all wisconsin backfield then come back and wreak havoc on us. Or maybe he'll end up a raider with del rio and descend into football oblivion. Hope he can have a good career if he is as good a kid as he seems to be.

Valar Morghulis
09-01-2015, 01:18 PM
So Vic says broncos are actively seeking a trade for Montee. Is that true?..Cant help but feel a little sad about that. You cant help but like ball. He seems like a real cool dude. Maybe he will end up in san diego for an all wisconsin backfield then come back and wreak havoc on us. Or maybe he'll end up a raider with del rio and descend into football oblivion. Hope he can have a good career if he is as good a kid as he seems to be.

I really hope he stays on the roster as the 4rth back - i honestly think he will come good.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 01:27 PM
If you are trying to trade the guy, limiting his reps and moving him to 4th on the depth chart is a great way to ruin his value.

Dzone
09-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know if Montee is going to start Thursday night? Wondering if it will be him and Bibbs getting the bulk...Bibbs was 6th before Stewart got the ax.
Just found out that Bibbs, Montee Ball and Barry sanders are the lone members of college football’s single-season “30 touchdown” club. Interesting.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/08/30/kapri-bibbs-future-denver-broncos/71427852/

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know if Montee is going to start Thursday night? Wondering if it will be him and Bibbs getting the bulk...Bibbs was 6th before Stewart got the ax.
Just found out that Bibbs, Montee Ball and Barry sanders are the lone members of college football’s single-season “30 touchdown” club. Interesting.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/08/30/kapri-bibbs-future-denver-broncos/71427852/

I can't remember where I saw it, but I heard he would get a lot of reps, which 3rd and 4th stringers usually do in game 4.

Dzone
09-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Yes, just read that Thursday night its going to be Bibbs vs Ball for the last RB spot. May the best man win.

VonDoom
09-01-2015, 01:40 PM

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

Kubiak said ball and Bibbs will get plenty of carries And both will play on special teams

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

Ball and Bibbs competing this weekend. Still no guarantee either make it... But at this point auditioning for all teams, not just one

underrated29
09-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Do we play this thrusday night?

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 01:43 PM

I'm not. I have to work.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 01:45 PM
I wonder if they're doing it in hopes that he will respond like Knowshon did.

SR
09-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if Montee is going to start Thursday night? Wondering if it will be him and Bibbs getting the bulk...Bibbs was 6th before Stewart got the ax. Just found out that Bibbs, Montee Ball and Barry sanders are the lone members of college football’s single-season “30 touchdown” club. Interesting. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/08/30/kapri-bibbs-future-denver-broncos/71427852/
Ball set the NCAA career rushing TD record.

VonDoom
09-01-2015, 01:59 PM

Yeah, I think every team's final preseason game is this Thursday, in preparation for the actual season opening a week later.

I'm not. I have to work.

We'll have to make do without you.

tomjonesrocks
09-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Ball vs. Bibbs in a mano-a-mano Thursday-night throwdown.

Let's see if Ball can complete his seemingly-limitless slide from RB1 in a Peyton Manning-led offense to cut 12 months later.

Pins and needles.

BroncoJoe
09-01-2015, 02:55 PM
I really hope he stays on the roster as the 4rth back - i honestly think he will come good.

You don't need the "r" in 4th.

Idiot.

Valar Morghulis
09-01-2015, 03:26 PM
You don't need the "r" in 4th. Idiot.

Lol, I do that a lot.

I think when I get to Denver I might just enter you for all your cheek and abuse.

TXBRONC
09-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Have you been watching the games?

honz
09-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Lol, I do that a lot.

I think when I get to Denver I might just enter you for all your cheek and abuse.

Whoa bro, what happens in the hotel room stays in the hotel room. TMI to the 10nth degree.

tomjonesrocks
09-01-2015, 07:45 PM
I wonder if Green Bay is going to be giving Eddie Lacy a long look Thursday night.

Haven't read anything about him "on the bubble..."

underrated29
09-01-2015, 07:54 PM
There's a name I haven't seen in a while

Dzone
09-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I wonder if Green Bay is going to be giving Eddie Lacy a long look Thursday night.

I doubt he will amount to anything since he has a bad toe and he is a fat lazy slob...Good thing we took Ball instead

silkamilkamonico
09-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Have you been watching the games?

wayninja
09-01-2015, 09:30 PM

What's not to be sure about? Hillman and Thomson are outperforming him. Ball is playing 4th string and struggling. Are you not seeing that?

TXBRONC
09-01-2015, 09:32 PM

Yes I'm serious because if you have watching then you it is highly likely Denver is going to keep four backs three of which are in your previous post.

BroncoWave
09-01-2015, 09:33 PM

What is the point of keeping up this trolling act? Have enough people not patted you on the back for being right a few years ago? The fact is, people who were saying it's too early to compare Lacy and Ball when they were rookies were right as well. It's stupid that early in any player's career to make a definitive statement on how good they are.

Yes you wound up being right, but no one is saying Ball is better than Lacy anymore, so what the hell is your point in bringing it up every damn day exactly?

TXBRONC
09-01-2015, 09:41 PM

I'll still take Elway's assessments over yours every day of week and twice on Sundays.

Slick
09-01-2015, 09:46 PM
There's a name I haven't seen in a while

He doesn't know Dave very well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Ball played well against Seattle.

Dapper Dan
09-01-2015, 10:10 PM
We already got rid of Lance, if we get rid of Montee too we won't have any Balls.

Dzone
09-01-2015, 11:20 PM
What is the point of keeping up this trolling act? Have enough people not patted you on the back for being right a few years ago? The fact is, people who were saying it's too early to compare Lacy and Ball when they were rookies were right as well. It's stupid that early in any player's career to make a definitive statement on how good they are.

Yes you wound up being right, but no one is saying Ball is better than Lacy anymore, so what the hell is your point in bringing it up every damn day exactly?
Who pissed in your cheerios? Your constant attacks on people are way more annoying than any ones joking posts. Are you a moderator? No? Then shut up and learn how to ignore people you dont like. smh

Northman
09-02-2015, 06:17 AM
Ouch.... Wave getting a smackdown in the ZONE.

BroncoWave
09-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Who pissed in your cheerios? Your constant attacks on people are way more annoying than any ones joking posts. Are you a moderator? No? Then shut up and learn how to ignore people you dont like. smh

Who pissed in your cheerios? Are you a moderator? No? Then shut up and learn how to ignore people you don't like. smh

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 07:39 AM
:popcorn:

BroncoWave
09-02-2015, 07:46 AM
:popcorn:

I don't really plan to engage him further on this, sorry to ruin the show. :lol:

He has some weird obsession with me that I don't quite understand.

Dzone
09-02-2015, 07:54 AM
I don't really plan to engage him further on this, sorry to ruin the show.

Thank you.

Dzone
09-02-2015, 08:04 AM
We should have drafted Eddie Lacy. Damnit. This pisses me off lol

SR
09-02-2015, 08:08 AM
I don't really plan to engage him further on this, sorry to ruin the show. :lol: He has some weird obsession with me that I don't quite understand.

He gets hard ones for different people from week to week.

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2015, 09:26 AM
What is the point of keeping up this trolling act? Have enough people not patted you on the back for being right a few years ago? The fact is, people who were saying it's too early to compare Lacy and Ball when they were rookies were right as well. It's stupid that early in any player's career to make a definitive statement on how good they are. Yes you wound up being right, but no one is saying Ball is better than Lacy anymore, so what the hell is your point in bringing it up every damn day exactly?

It's fair criticism if I'm honest. And obviously Elway overall has been great. But this was a very, very mad miss - Lacy is a beast that would have come more than a little handy vs. Seattle - classic over-thinking.

Ever experience this tomato-can on your fantasy roster. That's true frustration.

This topic goes away on its own as I think Ball is going to get cut. But I might have one thread left on this to get out of my system about Thursday night. I'm on the fence.

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2015, 09:30 AM
What's not to be sure about? Hillman and Thomson are outperforming him. Ball is playing 4th string and struggling. Are you not seeing that?

I was hoping people on the Ball bandwagon would have seen the back and forth. You can't keep everyone. And you're not going to cut Hillman or Thompson to keep Ball. So no, it's not a surprise that Ball is either being shopped, or very well will not make the team, which is the opposite of what some people are insinuating. As for Ball on the field aside from who he's competing against, he just flat out sucks, IMHO.

VonDoom
09-02-2015, 09:38 AM
I know people were clamoring for Lacy, but at the time, he was an injury concern and there was no guarantee he was going to be a beast. Either way, even if Ball is a bust, we got CJ that same year. Can't we all be happy? I like to pretend that we drafted CJ in the second and picked up Ball as a UDFA. Then again, if he wasn't a second rounder, Ball would be gone by now.

wayninja
09-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I was hoping people on the Ball bandwagon would have seen the back and forth. You can't keep everyone. And you're not going to cut Hillman or Thompson to keep Ball. So no, it's not a surprise that Ball is either being shopped, or very well will not make the team, which is the opposite of what some people are insinuating. As for Ball on the field aside from who he's competing against, he just flat out sucks, IMHO.

Ok, then I think I misunderstood, I didn't realize your question was rhetorical.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 10:00 AM
I know people were clamoring for Lacy, but at the time, he was an injury concern and there was no guarantee he was going to be a beast. Either way, even if Ball is a bust, we got CJ that same year. Can't we all be happy? I like to pretend that we drafted CJ in the second and picked up Ball as a UDFA. Then again, if he wasn't a second rounder, Ball would be gone by now.

Lacy looked just like Igram and Richardson except he also was hurt. Everyone has been complaining about us drafting players with injuries, but we should have done it when we have hindsight.

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Lacy looked just like Igram and Richardson except he also was hurt. Everyone has been complaining about us drafting players with injuries, but we should have done it when we have hindsight.

Clever except if you go back to the '13 thread, day of, there were plenty at the time scratching their heads over the Ball over Lacy pick. It wasn't as bad as the '04 draft when every Broncos forum assumed Denver would take Stephen Jackson and wound up with D.J. Williams -- but it was a Shanahan-type "we're smarter than everyone else" selection. Elway just saw something that wasn't there - comparing Ball to TD many times after the draft.

Inexplicable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Clever except if you go back to the '13 thread, day of, there were plenty at the time scratching their heads over the Ball over Lacy pick. It wasn't as bad as the '04 draft when every Broncos forum assumed Denver would take Stephen Jackson and wound up with D.J. Williams -- but it was a Shanahan-type "we're smarter than everyone else" selection. Elway just saw something that wasn't there - comparing Ball to TD many times after the draft.

Inexplicable.
I thought Lacy was a great back in college. I was just worried about his knee. I thought Ball was the right pick at the time, but I was wrong.

wayninja
09-02-2015, 11:44 AM

It's always going to be a gamble no matter what. I have no problems with the guys making the decisions going with their gut. You'll win some and lose some.

For example, I'm much happier with Thomas than with Dez, and that surprised lots of people.

Northman
09-02-2015, 11:49 AM
I was never concerned with Lacy's injury. But i didnt mind Ball either, guess it just didnt work out too well for him. Kind of expected Ball to be an immediate impact player than he actually was.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 11:54 AM

Inexplicable.

There are fans on each side about every single pick.

TXBRONC
09-02-2015, 12:18 PM
We already got rid of Lance, if we get rid of Montee too we won't have any Balls.

Yep Denver is one Ball short of a pair.

Northman
09-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Im just waiting for the Ball to drop.

underrated29
09-02-2015, 12:21 PM
I thought Lacy was a great back in college. I was just worried about his knee. I thought Ball was the right pick at the time, but I was wrong.

Yep, I loved the pick but I wanted Christine Michael, who went to Seattle. Obviously as my prediction thread states I had Leveon Bell as my #1 but I didnt think he would fall to us and he didnt. A few picks ahead to pitts. Still I thought the Ball pick was fantastic. He is sucking major butthole right now.

TXBRONC
09-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Yep, I loved the pick but I wanted Christine Michael, who went to Seattle. Obviously as my prediction thread states I had Leveon Bell as my #1 but I didnt think he would fall to us and he didnt. A few picks ahead to pitts. Still I thought the Ball pick was fantastic. He is sucking major butthole right now.

Like most of your predictions. :lol:

Just kidding Under well sort of. :D

underrated29
09-02-2015, 02:08 PM

like all of them

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Where's Sneakers' gameday thread?

I'm ready! Game 4 is normally a snooze but this promise of our RBs-on-the-bubble showcase vs Arizona's desperate, 3rd/string defenders - I'm legitimately looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

wayninja
09-02-2015, 02:14 PM
He lost the bronco raping jpg I guess.

BroncoJoe
09-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Isn't the game tomorrow?

And, that stupid picture he posts should be replaced.

wayninja
09-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Isn't the game tomorrow?

And, that stupid picture he posts should be replaced.

Yeah, he usually starts it the day before. If you want the picture replaced, do you have candidates for consideration?

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Isn't the game tomorrow? And, that stupid picture he posts should be replaced.

You have no respect for tradition, Joe. Where's your sentimentality?

The picture is classic.

Northman
09-02-2015, 03:13 PM

UR has no game like the Northman. His predictions suck. :)

BroncoJoe
09-02-2015, 03:39 PM
You have no respect for tradition, Joe. Where's your sentimentality?

The picture is classic.

That picture represents two 1st round exits from the playoffs, and a through beating in the SB. Plus, it's stupid. "No, Denver. No!" WTF does that even mean? Don't win? The horse is beating a child, for chrissake.

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2015, 03:54 PM
That picture represents two 1st round exits from the playoffs, and a through beating in the SB. Plus, it's stupid. "No, Denver. No!" WTF does that even mean? Don't win? The horse is beating a child, for chrissake.

I always found the horse weird looking, like it had rotated an unnatural 180 degrees from the waist

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Let's talk about dark chocolate and walnuts. I love that stuff.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2015, 04:26 PM
So is Ball getting cut? Seems to me, he gets cut and Hillman is the sure back up with Thompson coming up in third.

Valar Morghulis
09-02-2015, 04:27 PM
I think they keep 4 - CJ, Hillman, Juwan and Montee

Ravage!!!
09-02-2015, 04:55 PM
I think they keep 4 - CJ, Hillman, Juwan and Montee

Wouldn't surprise me, but at the same time, those roster spots are valuable.

Timmy!
09-02-2015, 04:58 PM
2nd round playoff exits, not 1st round.

BroncoJoe
09-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, but at the same time, those roster spots are valuable.

Especially if they want to keep three QB's on the roster.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 09:01 AM
So is Ball getting cut? Seems to me, he gets cut and Hillman is the sure back up with Thompson coming up in third.

I keep hearing and reading that it will be between Ball and Bibbs, and play on special teams will be a major factor.

Northman
09-03-2015, 09:04 AM
If thats the case i think Bibbs has more speed but it depends what they are looking for them to do on ST's.

silkamilkamonico
09-03-2015, 02:18 PM
I keep hearing and reading that it will be between Ball and Bibbs, and play on special teams will be a major factor.

I would hope so. We don't need the 4th RB sitting on the bench doing absolutely nothing.

TXBRONC
09-03-2015, 02:28 PM
If thats the case i think Bibbs has more speed but it depends what they are looking for them to do on ST's.

I don't think Bibbs has gotten even one carry this preseason. Maybe that all changes tonight but as right I'm pretty sure he has carried the ball in any of the three previous games.

Valar Morghulis
09-03-2015, 02:30 PM
I would hope so. We don't need the 4th RB sitting on the bench doing absolutely nothing.

neither CJ nor Ronnie have proved themselves to be ironmen, unless we want to sign ray rice in week 10, i say keep 4 that know the system

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 03:03 PM
We'd be foolish to keep fewer than four RB's, given the physical toll of the position. We're going to be running a lot - we can't afford to be caught short. Hopefully CJ stays healthy and dominates all year, but we can't guarantee that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
neither CJ nor Ronnie have proved themselves to be ironmen, unless we want to sign ray rice in week 10, i say keep 4 that know the system

Agreed, the idea of keeping 3 RB's in this system seems a little crazy. We kept 4 last year, why would we keep less this year, in this system?

Every year 1 or 2 RB's on the roster seem to miss at least one game.

Northman
09-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Don't know about Ball but if this guy Mustert for Philly doesn't make it Denver should take a look at him.

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Don't know about Ball but if this guy Mustert for Philly doesn't make it Denver should take a look at him.

I'm not enamored with Bibbs the Under is but if Ball is done Bibbs will be the fourth back.

dogfish
09-04-2015, 12:22 PM
i think we're going to end up cutting ball and keeping bibbs. . . which is the right way to go, IMO. . .

ball does have some ability, but he's not fitting here. . . doesn't necessarily look like he has the feet for the pro-style ZBS, and his confidence is obviously shot. . . the kid could probably use a fresh start somewhere else if he's going to get his career back on track. . . and bibbs would give us another speed back in case hillman gets dinged. . .

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2015, 12:25 PM
I heard we just picked up Trent Richardson

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Ok - i just made that up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I heard we just picked up Trent Richardson

You're joking, right?

Valar Morghulis
09-04-2015, 12:30 PM
You're joking, right?

lol yeah. no idea why i thought that would funny.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-04-2015, 12:40 PM
lol yeah. no idea why i thought that would funny.

Not only was it not funny Dave, it gave me much unwanted stress. :laugh:

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 12:46 PM
i think we're going to end up cutting ball and keeping bibbs. . . which is the right way to go, IMO. . .

ball does have some ability, but he's not fitting here. . . doesn't necessarily look like he has the feet for the pro-style ZBS, and his confidence is obviously shot. . . the kid could probably use a fresh start somewhere else if he's going to get his career back on track. . . and bibbs would give us another speed back in case hillman gets dinged. . .

Does this mean they'll change their name to the Denver Eunuchs? :shocked:

VonDoom
09-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 5m5 minutes ago

Broncos and Cowboys discussing a deal for Montee Ball.

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 02:02 PM

The won't get much and more than likely it will be conditional.

VonDoom
09-04-2015, 02:07 PM
The won't get much and more than likely it will be conditional.

Maybe Elway can work some magic. If we're going to release him anyway, which is a possibility, wouldn't it be nice to get something for him?

dogfish
09-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Maybe Elway can work some magic. If we're going to release him anyway, which is a possibility, wouldn't it be nice to get something for him?

absolutely! i'll take a ham sammich and a 2019 7th rounder. . . put bibbs on the 53, and call it good. . .

in all seriousness, if we can continue to find guys like kilgo in the late rounds, those picks can prove to be really valuable sometimes. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Denver's KCNC-TV's Vic Lombadi is first to report that the Denver Broncos and Dallas Cowboys are in trade talks that involve at least current Broncos running back Montee Ball.

The trade makes sense for a lot of reasons. First, Dallas had Ball ranked 41st on their draft board. Dallas had Ball listed as their third highest running back (a third round grade), just behind Giovani Bernard (second round grade) who would go on to be drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals and Eddie Lacy (second round grade). Ball was a third round grade and rated just ahead of Le'Veon Bell (third round grade) who went on to be drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Joseph Randle (third round grade) who is currently the starter for the Cowboys.

Those are all very recognizable names to even a casual NFL fan.

Our friends over at Predominantly Orange also pointed this out:

rest - http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/4/9262341/montee-ball-involved-in-broncos-cowboys-trade-talk

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-04-2015, 02:15 PM

Awesome...straight swap for Tyrone Crawford. Make it happen John.

VonDoom
09-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Rapoport then says ...

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet

@CowboysNation not true

Which is what Troy Renck says:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Regarding Montee Ball, of course #Broncos will explore trade avenues as part of due dilligence. Told nothing is going on with #Cowboys

... but Vic continues to hear things:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 11m11 minutes ago

Multiple teams in the M Ball discussions, including Houston.

Dapper Dan
09-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Who do I believe?

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 06:26 PM

Agreed getting something for him is better than getting nothing at all.

wayninja
09-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Why would you want ball when trent Richardson is available?

Dzone
09-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Exactly!
Plus, I cant believe we drafted Latimer when we had Tavarres King.

tomjonesrocks
09-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Haven't listened to this yet but I guess Ball admits he's washed up. http://milehighsports.com/2015/09/04/montee-ball-says-he-should-have-skipped-senior-year/

Jsteve01
09-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Exactly!
Plus, I cant believe we drafted Latimer when we had Tavarres King. come on man. Totally different players. The season hasnt even started and we are already declaring Cody a bust too? Sheesh with this mentallity we would have given up on demaryious

Dzone
09-04-2015, 10:32 PM
come on man. Totally different players. The season hasnt even started and we are already declaring Cody a bust too? Sheesh with this mentallity we would have given up on demaryious

lol...

Jsteve01
09-04-2015, 10:57 PM
come on man. Totally different players. The season hasnt even started and we are already declaring Cody a bust too? Sheesh with this mentallity we would have given up on demaryious

lol... sorry sarcasm meter is off

Dzone
09-04-2015, 11:20 PM
sorry sarcasm meter is off
Thats ok...my poor attempt at humor fell completely flat lol

TXBRONC
09-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Thats ok...my poor attempt at humor fell completely flat lol

That's not unusual. :wave: