PDA

View Full Version : Man, i have the #1 pick but im not sure on who to take, any thoughts?

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:04 PM
I had been leaning on taking Rodgers but with Nelson out and Cobb going down last night im not sure how many weapons he has left. And with the Broncos defense showing signs of being totally dominant i know my wife will try and probably snag them at #2. What do you guys think i should do?

Dapper Dan
08-30-2015, 12:07 PM
I'd go with Rodgers and not think twice about it.

Dapper Dan
08-30-2015, 12:11 PM
I guess it depends on how it's set up, but I don't think even a great defense would get you as many points as a great offensive player. A lot of people go with RBs, but I've never been that type. Draft lists have Leveon Bell as the #1 overall player. I don't get that. Throughout the season you can find a few solid RBs off of the free agents. If I've got a chance to get a solid QB like Rodgers, I'd do it all day.

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:12 PM
i would pick montee ball

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:16 PM
I guess it depends on how it's set up, but I don't think even a great defense would get you as many points as a great offensive player. A lot of people go with RBs, but I've never been that type. Draft lists have Leveon Bell as the #1 overall player. I don't get that. Throughout the season you can find a few solid RBs off of the free agents. If I've got a chance to get a solid QB like Rodgers, I'd do it all day.

Well, my league is really QB driven so having a good QB often pays dividends. However, defenses can be very productive especially when it comes to points scored against, turnovers, and stuff like KR's, Punt/kick blocks, etc. It just depends on how effective the defense you have can be. Chances are i will stick with Rodgers because you do need a decent QB but it will be a lot of picks until i get back to my second one so just have to see how i feel when it starts.

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:17 PM
i would pick montee ball

Oh shit! I forgot about him!......

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:17 PM
i just logged in - i cant see my team or the primetime league

chazoe60
08-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:19 PM
i just logged in - i vant see my team or the primetime league

Well, i know the league is full, did you reserve your spot when i posted it a few weeks back? What is your team name and ill look and see if its listed.

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Well, i know the league is full, did you reserve your spot when i posted it a few weeks back? What is your team name and ill look and see if its listed.

elway for president

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:21 PM
elway for president

Yea, i dont see you listed. You must of forgotten to sign up for this year for some reason you dolt....

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Yea, i dont see you listed. You must of forgotten to sign up for this year for some reason you dolt....

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just went out and got some beers for the draft lol

Dapper Dan
08-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Dave, I think you're in Mo's keeper league and you're also in my keeper league.

Northman
wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just went out and got some beers for the draft lol

Good grief dude. I thought the last time we talked you had already signed up because i remember you talking about what a great run you had last year and all.

Dapper Dan
Well, my league is really QB driven so having a good QB often pays dividends. However, defenses can be very productive especially when it comes to points scored against, turnovers, and stuff like KR's, Punt/kick blocks, etc. It just depends on how effective the defense you have can be. Chances are i will stick with Rodgers because you do need a decent QB but it will be a lot of picks until i get back to my second one so just have to see how i feel when it starts.

I have faith in the defense part, not so much in special teams. :lol:

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Good grief dude. I thought the last time we talked you had already signed up because i remember you talking about what a great run you had last year and all.

Yeah - i thought i did, because i was slating my regular season form, but bigging up my clutch run in the play offs

Dapper Dan
08-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah - i thought i did, because i was slating my regular season form, but bigging up my clutch run in the play offs

#EliManning

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Dave, I think you're in Mo's keeper league and you're also in my keeper league.

yeah - i am - i was in this one as well, before i went full retard and never signed up for it (although i am sure i did - making me even more retarded)

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:26 PM

Sorry man, i posted a reminder on 8/13 that i still had 5 spots open before i opened it up to the general public. Guess you didnt see that reminder. Bummer

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/599845-North-s-Primetime-League-2015

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:30 PM
i am a huge testicle

Valar Morghulis
08-30-2015, 12:36 PM
well i know it is late in the day - but if you have anyone drop out - pm me, i will be online all night waiting for MOs draft (which i definately am in!)

Northman
08-30-2015, 12:47 PM
well i know it is late in the day - but if you have anyone drop out - pm me, i will be online all night waiting for MOs draft (which i definately am in!)

Will do man.

MOtorboat
08-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Sorry North, I completely forgot all about this league this year.

Northman
08-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Sorry North, I completely forgot all about this league this year.

Its all good. Hopefully you can get back next year.

Here's how my team panned out this year.

Baltimore Wrath

QB

GB
A. Rodgers

NE
T. Brady

RB
BAL
J. Forsett

IND
F. Gore

TB
D. Martin

DET
A. Abdullah

WR
DAL
D. Bryant

ATL
R. White

NYJ
B. Marshall

NYJ
E. Decker

NO
M. Colston

TE
DAL
J. Witten

MIN
K. Rudolph

K
BAL
J. Tucker

SD
N. Novak

DEF
SEA
Seahawks

MIA
Dolphins

DL
HOU
J. Watt

LB
CAR
L. Kuechly

JAC
P. Posluszny

DB
SD
E. Weddle

OAK
C. Woodson

CLE
J. Haden

Dapper Dan
08-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Nice team. Hopefully Dez doesn't tear the locker room apart.