PDA

View Full Version : Five things we learned from John Elway’s Q&A

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2015, 04:59 PM
John Elway took time to answer some questions Thursday morning about everything from his playing career to his family.

from article:

DENVER – Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway sat down with Colorado sports talk legend Les Shapiro to talk football and his career at the JCC Sports Hall of Fame Breakfast on Thursday morning.

4. Winning the Super Bowl over the Packers remains his favorite memory

“People ask me what my favorite play was in my career – it was when we kneeled down in the Green Bay game when we knew the game was over. That was my favorite,” said Elway.

“I’d taken 50,000 snaps in my life and I was worried about that snap. We worked so hard to get to that point, and not only us as players but when you think about Bronco Country, waiting 38 years for that and we had been so close and there had been so many disappointments along the way, I think it made it even that much better to finally get over the hump.”

5. Elway wants Manning to walk off ‘into the sunset with a World Championship’

The former Hall of Famer, Elway, and future Hall of Famer, Peyton Manning, often talk shop and exchange philosophies during the season.

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-things-we-learned-from-John-Elway%E2%80%99s-QA/f9f9775a-aa14-44e3-8083-943d9acadae6

BroncoJoe
08-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Did anyone else hear John's voice in their head when reading his responses?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-28-2015, 06:10 PM

That's kind of weird dude. You should get some rest.

Cugel
08-28-2015, 07:19 PM

I know it's odd, but I did too.

TXBRONC
08-28-2015, 08:58 PM

I did.