PDA

View Full Version : Broncos work out punters

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
This happened on Wednesday - maybe a "shape up or ship out" statement to Kern?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/16/broncos-work-out-punters/

The Broncos took the opportunity to work out two punters this week — Britton Colquitt, who was with the team during training camp and Justin Brantly, who was third in the nation last year at Texas A&M with a 45.7 average.

Colquitt battled some inconsistency in training camp practices, but finished strong in his opportunities in preseason games.

Brett Kern had two 50-yarders in Sunday’s win in Cincinnati, but also had a 28-yard effort from deep in Denver territory in the game as well.

The Broncos also worked out guard Andrew Crummey.

OldschoolFreak
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Colquitt's good enough to warrant a spot on the PS. I know that's usually a waste of valuable real estate but I think it's worth it in this case.

Superchop 7
09-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Colquitt is a bit of a gamer.

Also an uncanny knack for putting the ball right where he wants to. (Inside 20)

If you have a guy like that you can angle it just out of bounds and avoid any return. (as opposed to outkicking the coverage)

Thats why I like the kid, if he is consistent, he is a weapon.

Now granted, "both" could kick your nuts into your throat.

But Colquitt could hide em behind your adams apple.

The Glue Factory
09-18-2009, 07:10 PM

:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh:

Slick
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I like the kid too.

Does McDaniels have buyers remorse or is he simply trying to motivate Kern?

Shutdown
09-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Also an uncanny knack for putting the ball right where he wants to. (Inside 20)

If you have a guy like that you can angle it just out of bounds and avoid any return. (as opposed to outkicking the coverage)

Thats why I like the kid, if he is consistent, he is a weapon.

LOL!

Colquitt did great in Preseason. I was really surprised to see him get cut.

honz
09-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Colquitt had 2 really good punts! Fire Kern!

Seriously, Colquitt got a couple lucky bounces that resulted in 2 great punts. Kern consistently punted better in practice and proved last year that he is an above average NFL punter. One shank does not a career destroy.

Ravage!!!
09-18-2009, 08:15 PM
seems a quick hook and pressure considering its been one bad kick

LRtagger
09-18-2009, 08:42 PM
We had this same conversation last season. They bring in guys for try outs every week so they can have a list of guys they like should something drastic happen.

wbmustang
09-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I can't believe someone said that a punter is a gamer :-s. J/K I was at the game and thought Kern did pretty good besides that one kick he shanked :-s.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 09:26 PM
they could always cut Moreno, to make room for Colquitt.

just saying. :coffee:

GEM
09-19-2009, 10:08 PM
they could always cut Moreno, to make room for Colquitt.

just saying. :coffee:

At this point you're trolling. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Knowshon Moreno. Get to the topic or take yourself over to your Knowshon thread.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 10:16 PM
At this point you're trolling. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Knowshon Moreno. Get to the topic or take yourself over to your Knowshon thread.

actually it does Gem. if the Broncos cut Moreno, it would open up a roster spot to allow Colquitt to be signed. indirect I know, but still...

GEM
09-19-2009, 10:17 PM
actually it does Gem. if the Broncos cut Moreno, it would open up a roster spot to allow Colquitt to be signed. indirect I know, but still...

The Broncos aren't going to cut Knowshon. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:23 PM
We had this same conversation last season. They bring in guys for try outs every week so they can have a list of guys they like should something drastic happen.

shhhhhh.......

....you'll ruin the fun. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM

You don't have an athlete's foot to stand on..... :coffee:

nbenallo33
09-20-2009, 01:21 AM
where is bret kerns biggest fan on here to comment on this thread :confused:

Simple Jaded
09-20-2009, 12:19 PM
They should have kept Colquitt like I told them to, they should do a lot of things I tell them to, they'd be a far better team now.

I don't know why they don't listen, maybe Joshua is still bent about the Doogie comments, but where The Mile High Propaganda Report tries to make the bullshit you buy better, I'm only trying to help them get it right the first time.......

Superchop 7
09-20-2009, 12:37 PM
They should have kept Colquitt like I told them to, they should do a lot of things I tell them to, they'd be a far better team now.

I don't know why they don't listen, maybe Joshua is still bent about the Doogie comments, but where The Mile High Propaganda Report tries to make the bullshit you buy better, I'm only trying to help them get it right the first time.......

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

I've been on the boards a long time now, and it simply amazes me how often the collective IQ makes better decisions.

Simple Jaded
09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

I've been on the boards a long time now, and it simply amazes me how often the collective IQ makes better decisions.

As long as the collective belief agrees with me and I get all the credit.......

frenchfan
09-21-2009, 02:36 AM
According to what I've heard about Kern is his only problem is when he's putting under pressure, trying to make the greatest kick...

Is it right or not? can some people help me on that one? TIA :beer: