PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' deep defense leads league with 12 sacks in preseason

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Most come to see Peyton Manning. They typically do. But in Seattle and again in Houston, most marveled at the Broncos' defense.

Coordinator Wade Phillips has transformed the Broncos' defense into his version of the 3-4, simplifying the responsibilities of the linemen and linebackers so they can relentlessly pressure the quarterback.

The transition, like any other, takes time and reps to master. But after only two preseason games, the Broncos' revamped defense is proving to be a force in the making — a very deep and efficient one at that.

Phillips' defense is tailored to what his players do best. With elite edge rushers in Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware and potentially a third in rookie linebacker Shane Ray, plus an inside linebacker corps that Phillips has said is among the deepest he's coached, the Broncos have let their men attack at will.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28691205/broncos-deep-defense-leads-league-12-sacks-preseason

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Shaq Barrett should be mentioned too.

SR
08-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Shaq Barrett should be mentioned too.

He's mentioned in the article along with Kilgo.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-24-2015, 09:17 AM
He's mentioned in the article along with Kilgo.

Ah, that's what I get for not reading it. Sly had a really nice sack on a stunt against Houston. That dude is really agile for his size.

SR
08-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Ah, that's what I get for not reading it. Sly had a really nice sack on a stunt against Houston. That dude is really agile for his size.

Being that Marvin Austin is done I would really like to see Kilgo get some work with the first team defense against SF to see if he disappears against a first string offensive line. He looks great when he's out there against twos and threes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Being that Marvin Austin is done I would really like to see Kilgo get some work with the first team defense against SF to see if he disappears against a first string offensive line. He looks great when he's out there against twos and threes.
They always seem to have him at DE. It's not really clear to me who the backup NT is.

dogfish
08-24-2015, 10:31 AM
if they can stay healthy, this D i going to be a lot of fun to watch. . .

SR
08-24-2015, 12:09 PM
They always seem to have him at DE. It's not really clear to me who the backup NT is.

I thought they had him in the middle. Disregard anything I say. :)

TXBRONC
08-24-2015, 01:34 PM

Kilgo played NT against the Seahawks.

Edit: I just finished watching the game against the Texans again and Kilgo did get time as nose tackle as well at defensive end. It looks like Phillips is trying see what he has when Kilgo and Williams are in at the same time.

Jsteve01
08-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Kilgo has been a very pleasant surprise. Just a great example of trusting your scouts vs the vanilla scouting report because the knock on him was that he was a phone booth type NT who offered little to nothing in the passing game.

TXBRONC
08-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Kilgo has been a very pleasant surprise. Just a great example of trusting your scouts vs the vanilla scouting report because the knock on him was that he was a phone booth type NT who offered little to nothing in the passing game.

I agree Kilgo has been very pleasant surprise.

NightTerror218
08-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Is it just me or is Von Miller different this season. To me it seems like he has matured and is just flat out enjoying football. He is taking o a leadership role.

I saw a video of him on instagra of him just dancing around at practice having fun.

I think he is going to have a monster season and taking on that leadership role and embracing it like we need him to do for long term.

TXBRONC
08-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Is it just me or is Von Miller different this season. To me it seems like he has matured and is just flat out enjoying football. He is taking o a leadership role.

I saw a video of him on instagra of him just dancing around at practice having fun.

I think he is going to have a monster season and taking on that leadership role and embracing it like we need him to do for long term.

Yeah Von seems a lot more focused and in this defense he should have a monster year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-25-2015, 11:32 PM
Kilgo played NT against the Seahawks.

Edit: I just finished watching the game against the Texans again and Kilgo did get time as nose tackle as well at defensive end. It looks like Phillips is trying see what he has when Kilgo and Williams are in at the same time.

For future reference please just pm me when proving me wrong.

:laugh:

TXBRONC
08-26-2015, 07:02 AM
For future reference please just pm me when proving me wrong.

:laugh:

I didn't actually prove you wrong I just added to what you said. :yo: :D