PDA

View Full Version : Football meets futbol: Peyton Manning meets Carli Lloyd

Denver Native (Carol)
08-23-2015, 07:48 PM
HOUSTON — Legends of the gridiron and pitch collided Saturday night in Houston when Peyton Manning met reigning FIFA Women's World Cup champion Carli Lloyd following the Broncos' victory at NRG Stadium.

For Lloyd, it was a bit of reversal of her experiences meeting fans over the past couple months since she and the U.S. Women's National Team teammates won the World Cup title in July.

"I typically don't really stalk too many people out there," she said with a laugh. "I kind of know what it's like, but for me, I really respect athletes and professionals that are just pros on and off the field and Peyton is one of the best athletes ever, one of the greatest football players ever and just so classy, humble and goes out there and does his job. So, for me, this has probably been one of the coolest moments post-World Cup, to be able to meet somebody who, for me, I just admire and respect. So it was a pretty cool and amazing moment."

rest - good article
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Football-meets-futbol-Peyton-Manning-meets-Carli-Lloyd/7c16d3bc-cd36-4f50-8fbe-8021b7085973