PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2015 NFL Team Preview: Broncos

EmDiggy
08-16-2015, 07:15 PM
http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2015-nfl-team-preview-denver-broncos/

Good evening Broncos fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em

Simple Jaded
08-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Starting OL looked pretty good the other night, not so much for backups.

I'm not as concerned about DL, I think the holdovers fit well and the newcomers are underrated. Here's hoping Anunike can continue to flash and make Uncle Creepy expendable.

We need McManus to develop at PK, especially if the ST's are slow to come around, because Barth is just a guy, imo.

TXBRONC
08-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks Em. You hit upon a lot of things that we've kicked around here. You're not going get much of any kind of argument from people about the offensive line we know it's a work in progress but with time I can see them being a solid unit. As far the center position is concerned Paradis is ahead of Gradkowski and I don't expected to change. He's quick the second level in the run game and he looks like he can hold up well in pass protection. If I understood you correctly in the video you think Denver will hold onto four or five running backs. I don't see that happening. Four is the max but more than likely it will be three to the active roster and with one on the practice squad. What you said about Manning play action passing and the running game is spot on. That's what's been coming out Dove Valley since Kubiak was hired.

Unlike the offensive line where there is going to be three players will start who have never started before the defensive line has three guys that all have been starters so they have a lot playing time in already. Wolfe and Jackson are both very versatile and they're big enough to play defensive end in a 3-4 scheme and in other packages they can play defensive tackle if need be. Yes Williams is not a 330lbs monster he closer 320 lbs if I recall correctly but Phillips scheme he's not going to be asked to take on three or four blockers. From what I've heard Phillips will want him to use his quickness into the backfield. The linebackers are going to be a lot fun to watch. I would not be surprised if Miller has monsterous year. The secondary should be pretty good.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2015, 09:23 PM
I think Bibbs is the 5th RB but will be stashed on PS, he didn't see the field on Friday for a reason.

I don't think we saw Paradis do anything to lose the job, in fact I think he is proving more than capable.

Syl Wil got handled 1-on-1 in the redzone once but seemed to respond afterwards.

TXBRONC
08-16-2015, 09:41 PM
I think Bibbs is the 5th RB but will be stashed on PS, he didn't see the field on Friday for a reason.

I don't think we saw Paradis do anything to lose the job, in fact I think he is proving more than capable.

Syl Wil got handled 1-on-1 in the redzone once but seemed to respond afterwards.

I don't know if Denver is going to carry four runningbacks on the active roster. It's possible but I doubt they do.

SR
08-16-2015, 09:42 PM
I don't know if Denver is going to carry four runningbacks on the active roster. It's possible but I doubt they do.

They'll carry four.

TXBRONC
08-16-2015, 09:46 PM
They'll carry four.

I can see three on the active roster and one on the practice squad. If they carry four what other position loses the depth? It's probably the tight end or the fullback position.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2015, 10:04 PM
I checked Ourlads depth chart archives and it looks as though Kubiak's teams have typically carried just 3 RB's and 1 FB, in recent seasons.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/151/HOU

SR
08-17-2015, 06:47 AM
I can see three on the active roster and one on the practice squad. If they carry four what other position loses the depth? It's probably the tight end or the fullback position.

They carried four all year last year. Why would they only carry three? Awfully risky.

BroncoWave
08-17-2015, 07:12 AM
They carried four all year last year. Why would they only carry three? Awfully risky.

Well this is a totally different coaching staff, so I'm not sure I'd put too much stock into what happened last year. This is not to say we won't keep 4, I just wouldn't base that on what another coaching staff did.

TXBRONC
08-17-2015, 08:05 AM

One could be put on the practice squad. Also last season Denver didn't carry a fullback this year they going to so I don't see how they carry that backs without stress on the depth at other positions. I don't disagree that's very possible but that means another position is going to lose some depth.

SR
08-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Well this is a totally different coaching staff, so I'm not sure I'd put too much stock into what happened last year. This is not to say we won't keep 4, I just wouldn't base that on what another coaching staff did.

I understand that. If the team is leaning more toward the run this season with ZBS and all that jazz wouldn't you think it makes more sense to carry four backs? If they have a fullback, say it's Duncan, maybe I could see carrying three backs plus Casey in a FB/TE dual role in addition to a full-time FB and three backs. That said, in the pre-season game I saw a one back set the majority of the time which would lead me to believe that a full-time FB isn't in the plans.

TXBRONC
08-17-2015, 08:12 AM
I understand that. If the team is leaning more toward the run this season with ZBS and all that jazz wouldn't you think it makes more sense to carry four backs? If they have a fullback, say it's Duncan, maybe I could see carrying three backs plus Casey in a FB/TE dual role in addition to a full-time FB and three backs. That said, in the pre-season game I saw a one back set the majority of the time which would lead me to believe that a full-time FB isn't in the plans.

That's what I'm saying. It looks like Duncan stands a very good chance of making the team if does then it would be hard to carry four running backs. Kubiak could change his mind but he did say that the roster would have a fullback on it.