PDA

View Full Version : Ty, schofield and Shane- in review preseason game 1.

underrated29
08-16-2015, 12:27 PM
I just rewatched each play by Ty, schofield and Ray. we all saw the game so we know overall how all of them did. I was going to breakdown each play of each player but due to my drinking antics last night I'm not feeling too hot subsequently no play by play breakdown.

Ty:

As we saw he performed very well. I was impressed. We know about the miscommunication. We know the hilarious false start. He did a great job anchoring when he was bull rushed. He has nice smooth feet. He struggles at cut blocking. He missed nearl all of his cut blocks. This will be an area that he will need to work on greatly. I love his tenacity when he is going to make his cut blocks. He just shoots into people like a torpedo, but his aim? Or whatever is not there yet. I believe Ty is our LT of the future even tho they say he was drafted to be our RT. I say this for several reasons, the main one I will go into further detail later but it has to do with Schofield. Ty has a very mean streak and I love it. He has the mentality I like to see in my football players. He is a tenacious mean SOb....he literally tried to take a Seahawks player head off....it was near the Hawks end zone on a montee ball run....play was done and Ty was still trying to push him over by his neck. Ty pulled once and looked agile. It wasn't a great pull but seeing him have the ability to pull was nice to see. He does a good job in space too. However he needs to work a lot in that area as well. He was effective but you could tell he wasn't quite sure who he wanted to target when he was out in space. From the review, it seemed to me that is the reason why he didn't pancake people out there. I have no doubt that he is going to wreck some people this year when we get him in space. He is a nasty mofo. I wasn't thrilled with the pick but I was wrong! If he keeps progressing like it looks, and the coaches do what they do this guy has the ability to be very very good. He just plays mean. I love it!!

Shane:
Did way better than I expected. I was also not fond of this pick as I like Gregory better. So far, it looks like I was way wrong! Usually the rookies try to use speed at first. When that doesn't work they go to bull rush. I watched this with Jarvis moss, Robert ayers, and half a dozen other players on other teams whom I liked. Shane did this as well but he did more. He had other moves but what he really does well is he transitions from speed to power and back again. Reminds me of doom. He was beating his guy around the edge with speed on occasion. He slipped once otherwise he would have had the sack. As we all saw he was the reason for the sack by Malik?....he went outside for speed before breaking inside with power. That forced Wilson back and we got the sack. He did a pretty good job of playing contain in the run game too. That one run around the corner near our end zone where John lunch called out Bradley Toby for losing contain (which he did) was a direct result of Shane's inability to shed the block. He got washed down the line by a smaller guy. He needs to get off blocks better. As we all also saw it was pretty evident that he was thinking a fair amount out there which slowed his play a bit. I didn't really notice an insane first step but he does have quick feet. And he constantly moves them. Constantly driving with shirt choppy steps. I think this allows him to keep speed when he is using power. This was very impressive. I look for more good things from him. I am quite excited about what he can become.

Schofield:

I'd heard that the right side of the line was better once schofield came in. This got me very excited! After re watching only schofield I would have to completely disagree. He struggled to transition from speed rushes to power and was even worse when they went with power then to speed. He did ok, don't get me wrong but I woul be pooping my pants if I was Peyton and he is starting, right now anyway. He missed all of his cut blocks. Some badly. The angle block where we went for it on 4th down, that play was in part blown up because of schofield. Yes, I had to rewatched that play a few times to be sure as the play went to the left,but it's true. Schofield missed completely and the hawk defender came right through and forced Stewart to the left and helped make the tackle. Now, there was another lb there in front who made the tackle too but the play may have been different had schofield made the block. He did have a few nice plays where he rode th guy past the qb, but there was much more bad than good. It is of my opinion that he is a Guard. He has the agility but it was not there that day. I think if he was a guard he would be a much better player. I hope he backs up Vasquez. There may be some promise as his successor.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Did you watch Paradis at all? I was encouraged by what I saw. He got guys on the ground or removed from the play with cut blocks 5-10 yards down the field on several occasions. I thought he looked pretty affective.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Schofield didn't look comfortable at all but he got results. Kinda like Sambrailo.

TXBRONC
08-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Did you watch Paradis at all? I was encouraged by what I saw. He got guys on the ground or removed from the play with cut blocks 5-10 yards down the field on several occasions. I thought he looked pretty affective.

Paradis is going be fine as the starting center. Sambrailo too will be fine as Denver's starting left tackle in fact he is an improvement over Clark. It's will take some time for him adjust to zbs but he seems to have the skills needed to handle the position.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Paradis is going be fine as the starting center. Sambrailo too will be fine as Denver's starting left tackle in fact he is an improvement over Clark. It's will take some time for him adjust to zbs but he seems to have the skills needed to handle the position.

You think Sambrailo holds up better against the Seahawks in the SB than Clark did?

TXBRONC
08-16-2015, 09:49 PM
You think Sambrailo holds up better against the Seahawks in the SB than Clark did?

If he's as good as I think he is then yes. He's got a nasty streak that Clark doesn't.

Simple Jaded
08-16-2015, 09:55 PM
If he's as good as I think he is then yes. He's got a nasty streak that Clark doesn't.

Maybe in this offense but not in that pass happy spread where they did their OL no favors.

TXBRONC
08-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Maybe in this offense but not in that pass happy spread where they did their OL no favors.

They say Sambraillo has the skills to be a very pass blocker so maybe he would've struggled initially in the other offense but eventually he would get up to speed. That said, Kubiak's offense is probably a better fit for his skill set.