PDA

View Full Version : In Last 5 years Denver is 2nd highest in player arrests

Northman
08-12-2015, 05:58 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2544821-vikings-lead-nfl-teams-with-most-player-arrests-in-last-5-years?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=teamstream

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMFoIRSUMAAtOLR.jpg

On Monday, just days after the San Francisco 49ers releasedAldon Smith (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2542169-aldon-smith-arrested-latest-details-reaction-and-more) in light of the linebacker's fifth arrest in three years, former San Jose Mercury News reporter Mike Rosenberg compiled and shared team-by-team statistics of NFL (http://bleacherreport.com/nfl) arrests over the last five years:

The Minnesota Vikings led the pack with 18, while the Denver Broncos followed with 16.Meanwhile, the Houston Texans had just one.
Here are some other breakdowns from Rosenberg:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMFDe1vUMAA7tEl.png:large

BigDaddyBronco
08-12-2015, 08:59 AM
We're #2, we're #2.........wait....

Maybe things will change under Kubiak.

G_Money
08-12-2015, 09:12 AM

Considering the Texans had one, and the majority of that time was under Kubes - it's entirely possible. Fingers crossed. Nothing I hate more than seeing a guy wearing "my" colors and bein' a repulsive human being (thanks Clarence Kay).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Considering the Texans had one, and the majority of that time was under Kubes - it's entirely possible. Fingers crossed. Nothing I hate more than seeing a guy wearing "my" colors and bein' a repulsive human being (thanks Clarence Kay).

Maybe the cops in Houston have a different way of dealing with football players. :-)

BroncoWave
08-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Maybe the cops in Houston have a different way of dealing with football players. :-)

That doesn't account for the fact that most NFL arrests tend to happen in Atlanta or Miami in the offseason. So it's still commendable that they haven't had those types of guys on their team.

chazoe60
08-12-2015, 11:18 AM
North is our version of
http://www.bellefontefaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/debbie-downer.jpg

Cugel
08-12-2015, 11:29 AM
We have a clean season so far. Nobody's been convicted. Let's all just turn the page until we have to face someone doing something stupid. At least we didn't draft Aldon Smith with the 7th pick of the first round. :beer:

OrangeHoof
08-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Bob McNair isn't in charge of personnel but he clearly expresses that he wants players who don't get into trouble. Remember those three guys that were caught smoking a blunt in a KC hotel room prior to a game? - booted off the team the next day. Granted, these were back-ups, not stars, but the Texans are derided in some circles for acquiring only boy-scoutish types.

turftoad
08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
I wonder where our front office ranks vs the rest? :listen:

MOtorboat
08-12-2015, 02:25 PM
For a good time call 1-800-DOVE-VALLEY

ShaneFalco
08-12-2015, 02:49 PM
but i thought they got rid of Dj Williams :)

LawDog
08-12-2015, 03:03 PM
While the number is disconcerting, it is just one number for a five-year snapshot. Also, arrests do not equal convictions, or even criminal cases being filed. And, it doesn't show what the trend is for that five year period (increasing, decreasing, or a consistent rate). Plus it doesn't take into consideration the nature of the suspected offense underlying the arrest. Von's arrest for failure to appear on a traffic ticket isn't the same thing as Hernandez being arrested for first degree murder. So, a pretty useless chart on the whole.

MOtorboat
08-12-2015, 03:13 PM
One conviction for murder should equal 100 arrests for "drunk and dumb."

Northman
08-12-2015, 03:29 PM
North is our version of
http://www.bellefontefaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/debbie-downer.jpg

I dont know what your talking about. Im a great ball of sunshine! :D

sneakers
08-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Texans only had 1 arrest, and he was the coach during most of this time, so perhaps

FanInAZ
08-12-2015, 04:23 PM
One conviction for murder should equal 100 arrests for "drunk and dumb."

If you ranked them by total criminal fines paid, total amount of time in jail, as well as total games due to suspensions & incarceration:

Ravens shoot up the chart (Thanks to Rice)
Vikings put distance between them & most of the rest of the league (Thanks to Petersen)
Patriots are #1. (How do you score it if Hernandez gets the needle?)

TXBRONC
08-13-2015, 01:31 PM
I dont know what your talking about. Im a great ball of sunshine! :D

Only if you're dipping into Chronic's bag of weed.

Cugel
08-13-2015, 07:40 PM
I thought in the past, that a significant part of the problem was that strip club that is right on the way to Dove Valley. Players just get out of practice or camp and drive past that and think "what the hell? I'll just stop by and see what's going down in this club!" And that's just a bad, bad, idea. Next thing you know they're getting arrested for getting drunk and getting into a fight or something, or refusing to leave the strip club, or arguing about how friendly they could get to the stripper, etc.

They ought to have a rule - "we're not going to order you to stay out of strip clubs, but if I ever open the newspaper and read that you were in an incident there or arrested for any damn reason at all at a strip club, you're gone!"

FanInAZ
08-13-2015, 07:44 PM
I thought in the past, that a significant part of the problem was that strip club that is right on the way to Dove Valley. Players just get out of practice or camp and drive past that and think "what the hell? I'll just stop by and see what's going down in this club!" And that's just a bad, bad, idea. Next thing you know they're getting arrested for getting drunk and getting into a fight or something, or refusing to leave the strip club, or arguing about how friendly they could get to the stripper, etc.

They ought to have a rule - "we're not going to order you to stay out of strip clubs, but if I ever open the newspaper and read that you were in an incident there or arrested for any damn reason at all at a strip club, you're gone!"

They pretty much already have that policy, with the 3rd stringers. Let's see them implement it with a Pro Bowler.

Poet
08-13-2015, 08:56 PM
I have been pointing this out for awhile. Please stop making Bengals criminal jokes you jagoffs.

:D

Devilspawn
08-13-2015, 09:24 PM
I have been pointing this out for awhile. Please stop making Raiders criminal jokes you jagoffs.

:D

Davii
08-13-2015, 10:34 PM
A Raider and a Bengal walk into a bar, which one gets into a fight and goes to jail?

BroncoJoe
08-14-2015, 08:40 AM

There isn't a strip club near Dove Valley.

Poet
08-14-2015, 09:31 AM
A Raider and a Bengal walk into a bar, which one gets into a fight and goes to jail?

Yes.

Davii
08-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Yes.

Good answer.

tomjonesrocks
08-14-2015, 11:40 AM
There isn't a strip club near Dove Valley.

Hmm. How much up front do you need to start one of those things? I might have just gotten a business idea.

chazoe60
08-14-2015, 11:42 AM

It was the Blue Oyster Bar wasn't it?