PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Camp report 8/6 and a little 7th by pnbronco

pnbronco
08-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Being sick took more out of me than I thought it would. I was there on 8/6 but picked the wrong side to sit on. They were doing most of the drills on the left field and I was sitting on the right. Then on the 7th I felt like a truck hit me so I was down there just for the 2 minute drills and again sat on the wrong side. So I'm just going to try to give a general feeling of the 2 days.

Peyton was throwing longer and more zip passes both days. I was surprised how far several of his passes went. Before Sanders left the field he out threw him and that rarely happens....Sanders is fast. I saw Peyton do many different plays. They are handing off the ball more than I've seen in a long, long time but it seems smoother.

Thursday was not pretty with the O line. Ware and Von just broke threw over and over with passing plays. Peyton would have been sacked a lot if it were real play. Garcia seems to be catching on faster than Ty at this time. Wolfe schooled Max once and really bad. I didn't see Wolfe get behind him after that, but Ware was giving Ty a tough, tough time. I did see Ware talking to Ty on the side lines when they were not playing it looked like he was trying to give him tips on how to stop him. Peyton looked frustrated, more than I've seen him in a long time. Now I will say that the little on Friday they looked much better. I'm not sure if the 2 minute drill seems to be Peyton's friend and he can change things at the line, but they looked better. I'm sure the film study on Thurday day was ugly. Not sure if Von was that good or if was more Harris not holding him, who I like a lot. They have some serious work to protect in the passing plays and it seems like our TE will be more important that ever.

On the other side the D seems to really be gelling and loving it out there. Man Phillips keeps them moving and at a fast pace from the time they get going till the end. They did have pads on Thurs and I can't imagine how much water those boys are loosing. The coaches on the D side are loud and you hear them bark orders over and over and over. There is no doubt what is expected from them and they seem to be responding in a really positive way. Like I said Von and Ware are looking great right now. Ware has been the best thing for Von, he just seems to be the most focused I've seen in a long time. They are being super disruptive. I've also been impressed with Williams. He and Wolfe seem to be on the right track as far as creating havoc in the center. I was really bummed to see Wolfe carted off the field. He had a towel oven his head and they had to help him walk into the building. I'm glad that they are taking the possible concussion serious. Combine the hit on the head with the heat and I'm sure anyone would be seriously woozy. It's still hotter than snot out there. The clouds help but when the sun breaks through it's brutal.

The DB work the furthest away, but they seem to have developed a good chemistry too. I'm hearing a lot of chatter between them and remember Talib getting a pick on Manning. Ward looks more comfortable this year to me. As a group it just feels like they are gelling in a good way and know what the other one is doing. Roby has that walk out there that I'm "the one". He is giving crap to all the WR and just has a lot of confidence....:D

One of the players that I don't anything about but got a lot of my attention is 98 Darius Kilgo. I saw him bat a ball down and he seems to be giving the O line some grief.

DT has hands that continue to grab anything in his zip code. The kid jumps, dashes and just has those kind of hands. He did look tired to me on Thursday. I think he is still getting into football shape and walked pretty slow from one drill to the next, but he is special. Sanders just works his butt off. The man is always catching if he is in a drill or not. He gives it 110% each time he is in a drill. I wondered what happened to him at the end of Thurs, I'm hoping it just a glitch because we need what he brings.

Latimer and Norwood are looking great out there. Cody seems to have DT hands he grabbed everything that has been close, I did see Cody with the 1's several time. Norwood is fast and can seem to get open. IMO they are both better than Caldwell but DMac seems to think that Caldwell will be on this team.... The 2 that have improved a lot in just a week were Jordan Taylor that kid is so tall but is getting so much better at being in the right place and catching the tough throws and man did Soloman Patton improve. That kid got open and caught great passes from Dysert and Siemian. I know he won't make the squad but Corbin Louks has looked good, he is the guy that they just brought in. I'm hoping that he can make PS, because he seems to have caught on a lot for just getting here.

I don't know what to think about Brock. In practice he just isn't that much better than Dysert. In fact with 3's Dysert seems to be able to get down field in the 2 minute drill and Brock didn't. I think that Dysert has a nicer touch pass and had a few great long passes. Siemian has really improved in his week here. He was making a lot more completions and seems to be more comfortable overall. I'm sure they are looking for a PS guy and he very well could be that guy.

The RB are what I saw a week ago. CJ is the # 1 but Montee is pushing him. He looks the best I've ever seen him. His runs are just so much sharper and faster. He has really improved. Juwan is a powerful runner and Hillman is fast. Bibbs looks good, but there is a lot of talent on the roster right now.

Green and Daniels have stayed with the 1's and look good. They are passing a lot more to Green this year and he looks good, he looks really athletic. I don't remember him being that well built and looking so strong. James Casey has caught everything thrown his way and Marcel Jensen is just big. Joe Don Duncan is solid and has that pit bull kind of feel about him, but I haven't seen enough of him to really comment on him otherwise.

I noticed on Thurs that Schmitz was gone. So he did his part by getting Colquitt to reduce his salary. On Thursday they had McManus kick most of the FG and Friday they had Barth kick them. Both kicked some pretty long ones. It feels like they want to see as much as possible with both these guys because I suspect that in the end there will just be one that makes the team.

I'm looking forward to the first pre season game. The D just looks better to me right now, but I think that's normal. It will be nice to see how these guys play when it's against someone they can hit. Also I want to see how Brock is in real time with the WR's and RB's and the 1st O line. I hope this gives you a little more insight. Sorry it took me so long but sometimes I just have to go over what I saw and try to put it into words. GO BRONCS...pn

ShaneFalco
08-08-2015, 01:28 PM
cant believe they released karl.

He was half the price and could kick it 15 yards deeper.

Colquitt better not suck again this year.

Davii
08-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Being sick took more out of me than I thought it would. I was there on 8/6 but picked the wrong side to sit on. They were doing most of the drills on the left field and I was sitting on the right. Then on the 7th I felt like a truck hit me so I was down there just for the 2 minute drills and again sat on the wrong side. So I'm just going to try to give a general feeling of the 2 days.

Peyton was throwing longer and more zip passes both days. I was surprised how far several of his passes went. Before Sanders left the field he out threw him and that rarely happens....Sanders is fast. I saw Peyton do many different plays. They are handing off the ball more than I've seen in a long, long time but it seems smoother.

Thursday was not pretty with the O line. Ware and Von just broke threw over and over with passing plays. Peyton would have been sacked a lot if it were real play. Garcia seems to be catching on faster than Ty at this time. Wolfe schooled Max once and really bad. I didn't see Wolfe get behind him after that, but Ware was giving Ty a tough, tough time. I did see Ware talking to Ty on the side lines when they were not playing it looked like he was trying to give him tips on how to stop him. Peyton looked frustrated, more than I've seen him in a long time. Now I will say that the little on Friday they looked much better. I'm not sure if the 2 minute drill seems to be Peyton's friend and he can change things at the line, but they looked better. I'm sure the film study on Thurday day was ugly. Not sure if Von was that good or if was more Harris not holding him, who I like a lot. They have some serious work to protect in the passing plays and it seems like our TE will be more important that ever.

On the other side the D seems to really be gelling and loving it out there. Man Phillips keeps them moving and at a fast pace from the time they get going till the end. They did have pads on Thurs and I can't imagine how much water those boys are loosing. The coaches on the D side are loud and you hear them bark orders over and over and over. There is no doubt what is expected from them and they seem to be responding in a really positive way. Like I said Von and Ware are looking great right now. Ware has been the best thing for Von, he just seems to be the most focused I've seen in a long time. They are being super disruptive. I've also been impressed with Williams. He and Wolfe seem to be on the right track as far as creating havoc in the center. I was really bummed to see Wolfe carted off the field. He had a towel oven his head and they had to help him walk into the building. I'm glad that they are taking the possible concussion serious. Combine the hit on the head with the heat and I'm sure anyone would be seriously woozy. It's still hotter than snot out there. The clouds help but when the sun breaks through it's brutal.

The DB work the furthest away, but they seem to have developed a good chemistry too. I'm hearing a lot of chatter between them and remember Talib getting a pick on Manning. Ward looks more comfortable this year to me. As a group it just feels like they are gelling in a good way and know what the other one is doing. Roby has that walk out there that I'm "the one". He is giving crap to all the WR and just has a lot of confidence....:D

One of the players that I don't anything about but got a lot of my attention is 98 Darius Kilgo. I saw him bat a ball down and he seems to be giving the O line some grief.

DT has hands that continue to grab anything in his zip code. The kid jumps, dashes and just has those kind of hands. He did look tired to me on Thursday. I think he is still getting into football shape and walked pretty slow from one drill to the next, but he is special. Sanders just works his butt off. The man is always catching if he is in a drill or not. He gives it 110% each time he is in a drill. I wondered what happened to him at the end of Thurs, I'm hoping it just a glitch because we need what he brings.

Latimer and Norwood are looking great out there. Cody seems to have DT hands he grabbed everything that has been close, I did see Cody with the 1's several time. Norwood is fast and can seem to get open. IMO they are both better than Caldwell but DMac seems to think that Caldwell will be on this team.... The 2 that have improved a lot in just a week were Jordan Taylor that kid is so tall but is getting so much better at being in the right place and catching the tough throws and man did Soloman Patton improve. That kid got open and caught great passes from Dysert and Siemian. I know he won't make the squad but Corbin Louks has looked good, he is the guy that they just brought in. I'm hoping that he can make PS, because he seems to have caught on a lot for just getting here.

I don't know what to think about Brock. In practice he just isn't that much better than Dysert. In fact with 3's Dysert seems to be able to get down field in the 2 minute drill and Brock didn't. I think that Dysert has a nicer touch pass and had a few great long passes. Siemian has really improved in his week here. He was making a lot more completions and seems to be more comfortable overall. I'm sure they are looking for a PS guy and he very well could be that guy.

The RB are what I saw a week ago. CJ is the # 1 but Montee is pushing him. He looks the best I've ever seen him. His runs are just so much sharper and faster. He has really improved. Juwan is a powerful runner and Hillman is fast. Bibbs looks good, but there is a lot of talent on the roster right now.

Green and Daniels have stayed with the 1's and look good. They are passing a lot more to Green this year and he looks good, he looks really athletic. I don't remember him being that well built and looking so strong. James Casey has caught everything thrown his way and Marcel Jensen is just big. Joe Don Duncan is solid and has that pit bull kind of feel about him, but I haven't seen enough of him to really comment on him otherwise.

I noticed on Thurs that Schmitz was gone. So he did his part by getting Colquitt to reduce his salary. On Thursday they had McManus kick most of the FG and Friday they had Barth kick them. Both kicked some pretty long ones. It feels like they want to see as much as possible with both these guys because I suspect that in the end there will just be one that makes the team.

I'm looking forward to the first pre season game. The D just looks better to me right now, but I think that's normal. It will be nice to see how these guys play when it's against someone they can hit. Also I want to see how Brock is in real time with the WR's and RB's and the 1st O line. I hope this gives you a little more insight. Sorry it took me so long but sometimes I just have to go over what I saw and try to put it into words. GO BRONCS...pn

Always my favorite camp report!

SR
08-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Always my favorite camp report!

If her camp report ISN'T someone's favorite let me know so I can slash their tires. I'll do it.

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 02:25 PM

Thanks again Pola. :salute:

A couple of things:

Do you have an information on Shane Ray?

Second I saw a report from Mason (I think) that the Broncos do not want to carry two kickers and punter. I also saw a video of the Special teams coach telling the media that the Broncos plan to carry one kicker and one punter because it can put much stress on another position group.

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 02:26 PM
cant believe they released karl.

He was half the price and could kick it 15 yards deeper.

Colquitt better not suck again this year.

Apparently they didn't think he was better.

SR
08-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Apparently they didn't think he was better.

Falco has a penchant for rooting for people that aren't very good and inflating their skills.

Davii
08-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Falco has a penchant for rooting for people that aren't very good and inflating their skills.

He loves being under a dog, or something like that.

ShaneFalco
08-08-2015, 05:02 PM
i know karl personally so yea, forgive me for rooting for a friend. Guy did his training video at my old HS field we played on.

Davii
08-08-2015, 05:04 PM
i know karl personally so yea, forgive me for rooting for a friend. Guy did his training video at my old HS field we played on.

Of course you do.

SR
08-08-2015, 05:06 PM

Let me guess, you know Tim Tebow personally too.

ShaneFalco
08-08-2015, 05:06 PM
he was actually a grade above me. Jairis Byrd was on our team as well. He played both ways QB and Safety. Won State.

ShaneFalco
08-08-2015, 05:10 PM
he liked all this wierd island shit too, since he originally was from somewhere in the Caribbean but moved to our school his senior year.

ShaneFalco
08-08-2015, 05:13 PM
I remember his dad owning this bar in clayton, and we would all go in there and get served Rum n Cokes because his dad was super lax with drinking. good times. I would say some other stuff, but frankly i dont trust yall. :cool:

Davii
08-08-2015, 05:18 PM
I remember his dad owning this bar in clayton, and we would all go in there and get served Rum n Cokes because his dad was super lax with drinking. good times. I would say some other stuff, but frankly i dont trust yall. :cool:

The feeling is mutual, believe me.

ShaneFalco
08-08-2015, 05:25 PM
yea well when you have physcos who stalk your facebook and youtube pages, i am sure you might feel the same.

yall would probably have me swatted if i ever revealed RL information about myself.

Davii
08-08-2015, 05:28 PM
yea well when you have physcos who stalk your facebook and youtube pages, i am sure you might feel the same.

yall would probably have me swatted if i ever revealed RL information about myself.

Whatever that means.

SR
08-08-2015, 05:55 PM

Irony = you continuously using how "bad" alcohol is in your pro-weed arguments then bragging about being served booze underage.

pnbronco
08-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Boys behave.... :laugh: Karl was one of the nicer guys that signed after.... He talked to the fans and was super kind.

pnbronco
08-08-2015, 07:23 PM
TX I haven't noticed Shane Ray this year....but I haven't really looked for him. Ware is dominating when ever I would look that way or Von so I really didn't notice other LB's. We are going to try to get down there early tomorrow and I'll try to notice him. If you have any other request please ask tonight. Hubby will be with me so I can move around more and still keep my spot for autographs. I'm down to needing 22 players on this years football...I get kind of crazy when I get this close...:lol:

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 07:44 PM
TX I haven't noticed Shane Ray this year....but I haven't really looked for him. Ware is dominating when ever I would look that way or Von so I really didn't notice other LB's. We are going to try to get down there early tomorrow and I'll try to notice him. If you have any other request please ask tonight. Hubby will be with me so I can move around more and still keep my spot for autographs. I'm down to needing 22 players on this years football...I get kind of crazy when I get this close...:lol:

I keep hearing good things through the media on Shane Ray but if have a chance to lay an eyeball that would be great. Another player I'm interested is Virgil Green. I think this could be a break year for him in pass game so if you have chance to lay an eyeball on him that would be great.

Thanks Pola you and Carol are the best. :hug:

pnbronco
08-08-2015, 10:49 PM
I keep hearing good things through the media on Shane Ray but if have a chance to lay an eyeball that would be great. Another player I'm interested is Virgil Green. I think this could be a break year for him in pass game so if you have chance to lay an eyeball on him that would be great.

I can tell you that Virgil has looked good. They have been working him in since he was injured last year. He's bigger and has been catching a lot more passes. He is working with Peyton and they seem to be developing some good timing. Will keep a eye out and will post more if I see something different. Thank you for the kind words.

Cugel
08-09-2015, 06:54 AM

This is simply a great report. Thanks!

The billion $ question is "is the OL really, really bad, or is the pass-rush with Von & Ware really, really good?"

I guess we'll get to learn a lot more after next week's game against the Seahawks. I'm just glad we aren't playing them in the regular season. Getting spanked game one of the pre-season is embarrassing, but it doesn't count in the standings.

Right now the OL looks to be a work in progress, but they still have a month of preseason games and practices to get it right. If Sambrailo can't do better than he looked in camp so far they're going to have to make some emergency move and blow up the current lineup. Possibly sign a FA veteran like Long, who I believe is still out there.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Broncos are "passing" on free agent OT Jake Long.
The Broncos have an ugly tackle situation with second-rounder Ty Sambrailo and Chris Clark penciled in as the Week 1 starters, but they didn't see enough from Long to take a flier. Long has also visited the Giants and Falcons. Jul 30 - 5:41 PM

I'd say more that Elway & Co. are trying to stick with the players they have already on the roster rather than sign any more FAs at this time, than that they didn't like what they saw in Long. Long would cost them more money, and the budget is tight. But, all this could change in a hurry if Sambrailo struggles trying to block Michael Bennett & the rest of the Seahawks.

Job #1 this season is keeping Peyton healthy. They face Justin Houston twice, and Elvis Dumervil and Robert Mathis once each. Practically every team they face has somebody who could give Manning fits if Sambrailo can't block properly.

Cugel
08-09-2015, 06:59 AM
I can tell you that Virgil has looked good. They have been working him in since he was injured last year. He's bigger and has been catching a lot more passes. He is working with Peyton and they seem to be developing some good timing. Will keep a eye out and will post more if I see something different. Thank you for the kind words.

It seems likely that Virgil is to be more the blocking TE while Owen Daniels catches the majority of the passes thrown to TEs. Not that Virgil can't catch passes, but they seem to want Daniels to do more of that.

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 08:13 AM
This is simply a great report. Thanks!

The billion $ question is "is the OL really, really bad, or is the pass-rush with Von & Ware really, really good?"

I guess we'll get to learn a lot more after next week's game against the Seahawks. I'm just glad we aren't playing them in the regular season. Getting spanked game one of the pre-season is embarrassing, but it doesn't count in the standings.

Right now the OL looks to be a work in progress, but they still have a month of preseason games and practices to get it right. If Sambrailo can't do better than he looked in camp so far they're going to have to make some emergency move and blow up the current lineup. Possibly sign a FA veteran like Long, who I believe is still out there.

I'd say more that Elway & Co. are trying to stick with the players they have already on the roster rather than sign any more FAs at this time, than that they didn't like what they saw in Long. Long would cost them more money, and the budget is tight. But, all this could change in a hurry if Sambrailo struggles trying to block Michael Bennett & the rest of the Seahawks.

Job #1 this season is keeping Peyton healthy. They face Justin Houston twice, and Elvis Dumervil and Robert Mathis once each. Practically every team they face has somebody who could give Manning fits if Sambrailo can't block properly.

From what I've heard the Bleacher Report is off. Clark is not penciled in as the starter it seems that the more likely candidate is Ryan Harris.

Von and Ware are that good and the line is very young and in process of trying to gel. Also it sounds like Sambrailo is showing a lot of promise. He getting beat by a veteran who has been best pass rushers in the League for quite some time but from what gathering he's not losing all the battles. I doubt that Denver is going panick is Sambrailo struggles some in the preseason. I wouldn't assume that Sambrailo is going to be left on an island to fend for himself they will slide protection his way when needed.

BroncoWave
08-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Of course you do.

Let me guess, you know Tim Tebow personally too.

Come on now, you guys are just trolling at this point. Why would he lie about knowing a backup punter? It's not like it's totally out of the realm of possibility to have gone to school with guys in the NFL. Especially since, ya know, they went to high school in Missouri, where Shane is from.

I had college classes with and even did group assignments with Ryan Griffin who has been the Saints 3rd string QB for the past couple of years. I'm sure many people have similar stories.

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Come on now, you guys are just trolling at this point. Why would he lie about knowing a backup punter? It's not like it's totally out of the realm of possibility to have gone to school with guys in the NFL. Especially since, ya know, they went to high school in Missouri, where Shane is from.

I had college classes with and even did group assignments with Ryan Griffin who has been the Saints 3rd string QB for the past couple of years. I'm sure many people have similar stories.

Chronic hasn't been shy about trolling others.

BroncoWave
08-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Chronic hasn't been shy about trolling others.

No I get that, but his story actually makes sense. I really can't think of any other reason for being so gung-ho about an unknown backup punter unless you actually know the guy. If I were going to make up a story about knowing an NFL player, I'd get a bit more creative than that.

SR
08-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Come on now, you guys are just trolling at this point. Why would he lie about knowing a backup punter? It's not like it's totally out of the realm of possibility to have gone to school with guys in the NFL. Especially since, ya know, they went to high school in Missouri, where Shane is from. I had college classes with and even did group assignments with Ryan Griffin who has been the Saints 3rd string QB for the past couple of years. I'm sure many people have similar stories.

I was trolling him pretty hard last night.

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 11:50 AM
No I get that, but his story actually makes sense. I really can't think of any other reason for being so gung-ho about an unknown backup punter unless you actually know the guy. If I were going to make up a story about knowing an NFL player, I'd get a bit more creative than that.

I'm not going call Chronic a liar but as you mentioned the guy was a back up punter that was released. He's over doing it a little again not that I'm he's lying he's making to much it.

Btw didn't say one time the you briefly roomed with Matt Forte when you were in college?

Cugel
08-09-2015, 12:15 PM
From what I've heard the Bleacher Report is off. Clark is not penciled in as the starter it seems that the more likely candidate is Ryan Harris.

Von and Ware are that good and the line is very young and in process of trying to gel. Also it sounds like Sambrailo is showing a lot of promise. He getting beat by a veteran who has been best pass rushers in the League for quite some time but from what gathering he's not losing all the battles. I doubt that Denver is going panick is Sambrailo struggles some in the preseason. I wouldn't assume that Sambrailo is going to be left on an island to fend for himself they will slide protection his way when needed.

You are correct, Ryan Harris is pretty much the starting RT at this point. I'm happy about that. He's a veteran and Chris Clark was a total failure at RT last year, so why would they put him back there instead of moving him back to the left side where he played decently in starting for an injured Ryan Clady in 2013?

He was good enough up till the Super Bowl where the entire OL stunk horribly and Peyton was under constant pressure all game.

As for Sambarilo, he's a promising rookie, but he's a rookie. It would be unreasonable to expect him to jump straight into the league and be great from day 1. Nobody can do that at LT. That's why I don't like the idea of starting him, and I continue to believe that the Broncos will have to make a move and acquire somebody like Long, or else move Chris Clark back to LT to start the season and let Sambrailo come off the bench.

I'm a lot happier about Max Garcia starting at LG than I am about Sambrailo starting. I think Garcia has simply out-performed the veteran Ben Garland and deserves that spot. But, I think Chris Clark has proven he can play LT adequately well and should be pencilled in as the starter. Instead they seem to have just handed the job to Sambrailo.

Of course, you're also right that they will slide protection to Sambrailo's side to help him out, but the LT has to be able to be the anchor on the OL and he's not that yet.

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 01:26 PM
You are correct, Ryan Harris is pretty much the starting RT at this point. I'm happy about that. He's a veteran and Chris Clark was a total failure at RT last year, so why would they put him back there instead of moving him back to the left side where he played decently in starting for an injured Ryan Clady in 2013?

He was good enough up till the Super Bowl where the entire OL stunk horribly and Peyton was under constant pressure all game.

As for Sambarilo, he's a promising rookie, but he's a rookie. It would be unreasonable to expect him to jump straight into the league and be great from day 1. Nobody can do that at LT. That's why I don't like the idea of starting him, and I continue to believe that the Broncos will have to make a move and acquire somebody like Long, or else move Chris Clark back to LT to start the season and let Sambrailo come off the bench.

I'm a lot happier about Max Garcia starting at LG than I am about Sambrailo starting. I think Garcia has simply out-performed the veteran Ben Garland and deserves that spot. But, I think Chris Clark has proven he can play LT adequately well and should be pencilled in as the starter. Instead they seem to have just handed the job to Sambrailo.

Of course, you're also right that they will slide protection to Sambrailo's side to help him out, but the LT has to be able to be the anchor on the OL and he's not that yet.

Clady did start as rookie and only gave up a half sack for the season. Sambrailo isn't Clady but I think he'll be fine. Chris Clark is terrific depth but I don't think he would be all that anchoring the left side. I remember how Clark did he was solid in pass protection but he was not a very good run blocker. I don't think Kubiak would leave Sambrailo over on the left side if he didn't believe he could handle the job. Kubiak isn't play round with Manning's health.

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 01:28 PM

Clady did start as rookie and only gave up a half sack for the season. Sambrailo isn't Clady but I think he'll be fine. Chris Clark is terrific depth but I don't think he would be all that anchoring the left side. I remember how Clark did he was solid in pass protection but he was not a very good run blocker. I don't think Kubiak would leave Sambrailo over on the left side if he didn't believe he could handle the job. Kubiak isn't play round with Manning's health. There is plenty time for him to get up to speed.

ShaneFalco
08-09-2015, 07:55 PM

im just kinda pissed they released him before the first preseason game.

Should have at least seen how he behaved in a game. Kind of shitty to make someone go through all that training just to be released before the first preseason game. but tis the business of the NFL. I know karl was just happy to be there, but at the end of day, would have been cool to play in a game once.

Like i said, Colquitt better not suck this year. He is still getting paid alot for a punter, even with the restructure. And i happen to believe Karl is just a better punter then him ( my bias :) ). He can kick off and punt. Has great leg strength. Would have liked to see Barth as sole kicker and Karl kicking off and punting this year, but hey , not everything always works out. :(

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 07:59 PM
im just kinda pissed they released him before the first preseason game.

Should have at least seen how he behaved in a game. Kind of shitty to make someone go through all that training just to be released before the first preseason game. but tis the business of the NFL. I know karl was just happy to be there, but at the end of day, would have been cool to play in a game once.

Like i said, Colquitt better not suck this year. He is still getting paid alot for a punter, even with the restructure.

Elway knows what he is doing. Also letting him go now might actually work to his advantage.

BroncoWave
08-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm not going call Chronic a liar but as you mentioned the guy was a back up punter that was released. He's over doing it a little again not that I'm he's lying he's making to much it.

Btw didn't say one time the you briefly roomed with Matt Forte when you were in college?

Not roomed with but I did meet him while I was there. He came back to finish up his degree and he was in the same major I was. It was a pretty brief meeting though, might have said two words to him.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2015, 01:20 AM
I need Schmitz to go on to be Ray Guy v2.0 for any other team than the Rams and Broncos.

pnbronco
08-10-2015, 10:37 AM

We went for a little while yesterday. What I saw of Shane Ray I think is promising. He is fast. You can tell he's still thinking but there was one play where he just went and would of tackled Brock. I liked what I saw.

Has anyone heard how Joe Don Duncan is? He went down hard and stayed down.

While I trust Kubes.....I really wish they would try Clark with the 1st. The game is just so fast for TY. Garcia is doing great and I heard on the radio that Garcia went against a lot of talent at his school and just seems to learn fast. Ty will be good in the future....I'm just not sure he needs to be pushed so hard right now. The new center seems to be fitting in really well too.

I read that Brock did better yesterday, but what I saw at the end...there was still a lot of over throws, missed timing and I'm ready to see how he preforms in Seattle. They did a lot of walk through at the end working on his timing.

I still did not see a clear winner in the who the kicker will be. I'm super glad it's not my job to pick these guys.

Between my grand daughter and the super hot sun....I'm just having a hard time making it down to Dove early these days. Sorry I don't have more but I think we are all ready for Friday to get here so we can watch how they are doing as a team.

CoachChaz
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Played with Michael Payton in high school, who went on to set a bunch of records at Marshall and won the Walter Payton Award (1-AA Heisman). Just elected to the college football hall of fame this year.

Played against Ricky Watters and Kyle Brady in high school.

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 11:30 AM
We went for a little while yesterday. What I saw of Shane Ray I think is promising. He is fast. You can tell he's still thinking but there was one play where he just went and would of tackled Brock. I liked what I saw.

Has anyone heard how Joe Don Duncan is? He went down hard and stayed down.

While I trust Kubes.....I really wish they would try Clark with the 1st. The game is just so fast for TY. Garcia is doing great and I heard on the radio that Garcia went against a lot of talent at his school and just seems to learn fast. Ty will be good in the future....I'm just not sure he needs to be pushed so hard right now. The new center seems to be fitting in really well too.

I read that Brock did better yesterday, but what I saw at the end...there was still a lot of over throws, missed timing and I'm ready to see how he preforms in Seattle. They did a lot of walk through at the end working on his timing.

I still did not see a clear winner in the who the kicker will be. I'm super glad it's not my job to pick these guys.

Between my grand daughter and the super hot sun....I'm just having a hard time making it down to Dove early these days. Sorry I don't have more but I think we are all ready for Friday to get here so we can watch how they are doing as a team.

Thanks Pola from the tips of my toes to the top of head. :D

What you said about Ray is almost word for word what Ziggy said. I'm looking forward to seeing him play on Friday.

Valar Morghulis
08-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Played with Michael Payton in high school, who went on to set a bunch of records at Marshall and won the Walter Payton Award (1-AA Heisman). Just elected to the college football hall of fame this year. Played against Ricky Watters and Kyle Brady in high school.

I used the wrestle Ricky the Dragon steamboat and had miss Elizabeth behind the bike shed.

None off the above is true and I have no explanation for this post

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2015, 02:54 PM
I used the wrestle Ricky the Dragon steamboat and had miss Elizabeth behind the bike shed.

None off the above is true and I have no explanation for this post

Dave, this made visiting the message board worth it today. This kind of random and meaningless post is right up my alley

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Dave, this made visiting the message board worth it today. This kind of random and meaningless post is right up my alley

No Dave, it's not a sexual analogy in America.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2015, 11:14 PM
I hope this Matt Hall lasts long enough for us to see what a 6-9 OL looks like.

G_Money
08-11-2015, 10:10 AM
I hope this Matt Hall lasts long enough for us to see what a 6-9 OL looks like.

Jonathan Ogden, basically. So obviously we're set.

pnbronco
08-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Jonathan Ogden, basically. So obviously we're set.

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: