PDA

View Full Version : Streaming 2015 Pre-season and regular games

BroncoTech
08-06-2015, 03:50 PM
My, what a terrible job the NFL does of this. I see one service the NFL offers GAME PASS allows live pre-season games, but regular season games are audio only, like this is 1940 on the radio. WTH.

I see direct TV offers only streaming - NFL SEASON TICKET - and oddly it asks your address to determine if a stream on the internet is available at my location, guess what, it isn't.

I see some shady service from Russia looks like a season ticket features - NFL2GO - service for $25. Might be worth the risk since $25.

Previous seasons I have found a web stream or a SOPCAST stream and have never missed a game for 10 years. But I tire of looking them up 15 mins before game time, web casts get dropped mid game and the quality of a steady stream can be poor.

So am I overlooking anything? Is the NFL ever going to get this right? I mean seriously, audio only? I hate you NFL!

weazel
08-06-2015, 03:53 PM
the NFL really need to talk to the MLB, they have really set it up nicely.

Valar Morghulis
08-06-2015, 03:57 PM
My, what a terrible job the NFL does of this. I see one service the NFL offers GAME PASS allows live pre-season games, but regular season games are audio only, like this is 1940 on the radio. WTH. I see direct TV offers only streaming - NFL SEASON TICKET - and oddly it asks your address to determine if a stream on the internet is available at my location, guess what, it isn't. I see some shady service from Russia looks like a season ticket features - NFL2GO - service for $25. Might be worth the risk since $25. Previous seasons I have found a web stream or a SOPCAST stream and have never missed a game for 10 years. But I tire of looking them up 15 mins before game time, web casts get dropped mid game and the quality of a steady stream can be poor. So am I overlooking anything? Is the NFL ever going to get this right? I mean seriously, audio only? I hate you NFL!

I have the overseas game pass. All games, pre season and regular, with red zone. Great deal.

BroncoJoe
08-06-2015, 03:57 PM
DirecTV pays the NFL $1 BILLION to have exclusivity. It's messed up, but that's the way the the NFL has decided to do it.

They'd (the NFL) make SO much more if they didn't grant exclusive rights to the games to one provider.

BroncoTech
08-06-2015, 04:01 PM
It was my understanding last year was the end of that exclusive agreement with Direct TV. Unless they re-upped or something.

weazel
08-06-2015, 04:36 PM
NHL has the same agreement with Rogers (Canada) and NBC (USA).

BroncoJoe
08-07-2015, 08:03 AM
It was my understanding last year was the end of that exclusive agreement with Direct TV. Unless they re-upped or something.

The NFL Sunday Ticket package gives you the opportunity to watch NFL regular-season games broadcast outside your local market. DIRECTV renewed its exclusive distribution contract for the NFL Sunday Ticket in 3Q14.

According to the company, this contract adds rights related to NFL Sunday Ticket.TV. NFL Sunday Ticket.TV is a broadband and mobile streaming service. This is particularly significant for AT&T considering Verizon’s (VZ) NFL mobile distribution rights.

According to ESPN.com sports business reporter Darren Rovell, DIRECTV has renewed its contract for an eight-year period. The company will have to pay ~$1.5 billion per year for exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket during this time.

http://marketrealist.com/2015/08/att-gets-nfl-sunday-ticket-directv-deal/

SR
08-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Someone flood my inbox with sites for streaming please. TIA.

VonDoom
08-08-2015, 01:54 PM
How much do you want to spend, OP? Because you can very easily get the international Game Pass for $130, which includes every game, every week as well as Red Zone. I hear that's how some people watch out of market Bronco games, but I don't know anything about that ...

SR
08-08-2015, 02:24 PM
How much do you want to spend, OP? Because you can very easily get the international Game Pass for $130, which includes every game, every week as well as Red Zone. I hear that's how some people watch out of market Bronco games, but I don't know anything about that ...

I may look in to this if it'll work CONUS

VonDoom
08-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I may look in to this if it'll work CONUS

It worked great last year. If you have a VPN, you're in. Sign up from a country that offers it the cheapest (I think Romania and Brazil have it for $129.99 - that's whole season, not "season plus". I assume you can watch playoff games on regular tv). You can use a US credit card (I heard of someone who did that last year ...) It's not technically illegal, since you're paying for an NFL site, but you're just pretending to be from out of the country.

SR
08-08-2015, 03:30 PM
It worked great last year. If you have a VPN, you're in. Sign up from a country that offers it the cheapest (I think Romania and Brazil have it for $129.99 - that's whole season, not "season plus". I assume you can watch playoff games on regular tv). You can use a US credit card (I heard of someone who did that last year ...) It's not technically illegal, since you're paying for an NFL site, but you're just pretending to be from out of the country.

I'll have to look in to it and research a little because I don't have a clue how this works.

tomjonesrocks
08-08-2015, 03:30 PM

I was looking into this before DirecTV folded and gave me the NFL Ticket free after I actually disconnected my service.

But I was kind of losing hope on this. The NFL actually does a pretty good job of foiling most of the well known VPNs. The ones that work people on cordcutters on Reddit are reticent to share publicly as it alerts the NFL to stomp them out. Which they do mid season.

Legally it's a gray area. Spoofing your country and buying GamePass from what I understand really isn't a punishable offense.

Anyway if you know a VPN that works that could be valuable information but it may not continue to work forever.

VonDoom
08-08-2015, 04:40 PM
I was looking into this before DirecTV folded and gave me the NFL Ticket free after I actually disconnected my service.

But I was kind of losing hope on this. The NFL actually does a pretty good job of foiling most of the well known VPNs. The ones that work people on cordcutters on Reddit are reticent to share publicly as it alerts the NFL to stomp them out. Which they do mid season.

Legally it's a gray area. Spoofing your country and buying GamePass from what I understand really isn't a punishable offense.

Anyway if you know a VPN that works that could be valuable information but it may not continue to work forever.

I use Private Internet Access for VPN. I've never had an issue with the IP addresses provided. If you just randomly hunt for IPs, then yeah, it's a lot harder to find ones the NFL hasn't shut down.

Shazam!
08-08-2015, 10:51 PM
firstrow.eu

All games are streamed. Even PPV boxing, wrestling, UFC, etc.

Quality is not good and you have to X out of multiple windows often, but who cares. I watch EVERY Broncos game on this, every year.

MasterShake
08-09-2015, 09:40 AM
firstrow.eu

All games are streamed. Even PPV boxing, wrestling, UFC, etc.

Quality is not good and you have to X out of multiple windows often, but who cares. I watch EVERY Broncos game on this, every year.

The best workaround is to use Firefox and install adblock as an add on. Gets rid of all of those pop-ups.

BroncoJoe
08-09-2015, 11:07 AM
The best workaround is to use Firefox and install adblock as an add on. Gets rid of all of those pop-ups.

Chrome has that as well.

MasterShake
08-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Chrome has that as well.

Yup, but for some reason (on my computer anyway) it seems to do better with Firefox. All hail Adblock! I think they probably make that plugin for any browser, come to think of it.