PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

FanInAZ
08-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Has anyone upgraded yet? If so, do you recommend that others who still have Windows 8 do so as well?

Northman
08-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Ive done the upgrades to all my computers. I havent played with it too much (the apps) but i do like it better than 7 and 8 in terms of layout. Much smoother on the system ram and memory as well.

Dapper Dan
08-01-2015, 03:47 PM
I love it. I've had an evaluation copy for months. There were bugs. But still awesome. I upgraded to the released version and it seems bug free and still awesome.

Davii
08-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Sounds like I'll go ahead and upgrade tonight

Northman
08-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Sounds like I'll go ahead and upgrade tonight

Only took an hour for me.

olathebroncofan
08-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Can you upgrade directly from 7 to 10?

Northman
08-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Can you upgrade directly from 7 to 10?

Yes.

Poet
08-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Ive done the upgrades to all my computers. I havent played with it too much (the apps) but i do like it better than 7 and 8 in terms of layout. Much smoother on the system ram and memory as well.

I have a rinky dink laptop which I use as a glorified word processor. I will appreciate this greatly.

FanInAZ
08-02-2015, 02:10 AM
I'm in the middle of my upgrade. Included on my screen right now is instructions to, "Sit back and relax."

:sleeping:

FanInAZ
08-02-2015, 03:21 AM
Upgrade complete! So far, my computer hasn't exploded. Time to go through my various programs to see how well they work.

Rick
08-02-2015, 07:18 PM
I upgraded around October. A lot more polished now than it was then.

Still a few things to work out but they did a decent job trying to bridge tablet and desktop use and it's mostly stable.

Rick
08-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Another nice feature for those of you that own and Xbox One and have upgraded to Windows 10, you can now stream your Xbox games to your windows 10 device, so long as on same network.

Unfortunately at this time you can't multitask with it, so if you are using your Xbox one as a media center to manage your direct TV, etc, while you stream no one would be able to use the Xbox one for Netflix, direct TV, whatever.

I bought this from Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DSLMY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00, which I have the direct TV as the in to the spitter, and then I have 1 of the outs going to the TV and 1 to the Xbox one, and then the out on the Xbox one also going to the TV, so if I want to stream and let family also watch direct TV I can change the hdmi input on the TV so it shows the output from the splitter instead of output from Xbox one.

The Xbox one blue ray cannot stream at this time, but if you use the splitter or one similar that I posted that strips HDCP, you can stream direct TV to the windows 10 device as well as your games.

Download the Xbox app from the store, not the smart glass app. Do a search on the net on how to stream with it, lots of articles.

*http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-stream-xbox-one-games-windows-10*