PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Report for 7/31/15 by pnbronco

pnbronco
07-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Hey guys it's that time of year again when camp starts and I do my best to give a camp report with non technical terms. I am a 100% fan and for me Sam, Mike and Will are the names of men I know.....so let's get started....:D

These are heads up for anyone trying to get down there this year. They do have parking kind of where it was in the past, just a little further east so keep going till you see the signs. We usually park at the Park, it's a OK walk so if the parking is full keep that in mind. Here is a link that gives you a summery of what you can do and what you can't:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/trainingcamp.html

Heads up everyone. There are no trees anymore and it got hotter than snot out there today. Even with sun block I burned some....so keep this in mind if you are sensitive to heat/sun. I heard so many babies crying out there....it's super hot with no shade so please keep this in mind if you want to attend....it's much tougher than it's been in the past and no real place for the kids to play other than the misting thing.

Next thing I noticed. We use to sit along the side lines so you could spread out pretty good from the 10 to the 10 side lines. Now we are sitting on a longer slop and it's what would be a end zone view. For pictures it's fine, but it does feel different and harder to see over all.

Started out as normal with Special teams punting. Those catching punts were Bolden, Norwood, Patton, Taylor and Williams. Nothing really stood out to me today one way or another on any of them today. Will try to concentrate on them better later in camp.

Got my first view of Sambrailo.....a big kid. Big shoulders and I got the feeling from him that I get from Vasquez a presence you can't ignore.

Early before general stretches I saw Palmer and Sanders warming up on the side practicing catching the ball. I did see Antonio Smith doing a lot of stretching on the side lines. I didn't see him do much else. I also noticed that Trevathan would do a drill and then get a rub down on his legs right away. They seem to have a specific plan for each guy on warming up and where ever they are at this time. Before they did formal drill Von and Ware were working out with trainers on getting good stretches and what each player needed.

Once organized practice started it was run to every new drill. That first hour it was non stop do this drill, now run to the next and get moving....and so and so on. Wade had the big boys get right to it with a kind of suicides drills....they weren't a long distance but they got right with it. He kept those boys moving till it was 11/11's.

Peyton and Brock were working with RB and TE early on.

There was a lot of passing drills but it felt like more running drills than I remembered in the past and they kept coming back to hand off drills over and over.

Something new I noticed was going at a full run knocking a dummy out of the way and then tacking a dummy on a mat. At first I just thought it was the LB's but it ended up being a assortment of LB, TE's, DB's, RB's and Cody Latimer. I'm talking full run with a punishing in the air tackle....

On the other side you had Safety's pushing through their dummy and stopping the one on the end.

With the passing drills Sanders and DT made it look easy. I know that DT did not practice that much but dang he has great hands and just grabbed everything that went his way today even the bad throws. Sanders has not lost a step and looks great. I know it's only the first day but Nathan Palmer seems to have improved from what I remembered before. Just a lot more at easy and catching some of the harder passes.

Peyton threw quite a few and seemed like our normal Peyton. It did seem like Brock and Dysert got a lot more reps this year. Siemian has a lot to learn and will need time for things to slow down for him....you could tell he was a rookie. Jordan Taylor is so tall, 6-5 but is on a steep learning curve right now. I could tell he was a rookie just the little I saw of him, but dang he is super tall.

A couple of other drill I noticed with the D was lot of cutting directions and one where they couldn't jump off sides.

It seemed like they were doing a lot of blocking drills with the RB's and TE's today as well.

IMO Brock looks better, but there were some bad throws and bad hand offs. Not sure if was first day or what but will try to keep a eye on him and report later. Dysert has a nice touch and threw some great balls today. Just not sure how he plays with live bullets, but he seems to have picked up a lot this last year.

CJ looks great and is picking up where he left off last year. It looks like he's worked out a lot this off season. Oh and DT looks great physically. Montee Ball looked a lot better than I've seen him in a long time. A lot more zip and power in his run these days. Hillman had some good runs with speed. Juwan Thompson and Kapri Bibbs kept getting my attention too. Again I know it's the first day but the RB's seem to be all fighting for a place early on.

Peyton and Owen Daniels seem to be developing a nice chemistry already. Some great passes to him. Also Green looks great and caught some nice passes. We even saw Peyton do a little run and complete a pass to Green...:D

I didn't seem much of Malik today and did see Wolfe out there a lot with Walker. Will try to focus more on them next time. I just know that Phillips worked their tails off.

On kick off's today you had Burse the best with speed and field vision. Norwood solid, Kyle Williams solid and had a nice bust of speed on a couple and Solomon Patton OK. It was kind of funny they had extra point practice with kicking into the crowd....a few kids got to catch a ball and have a blast.

Then the last 45 minutes was helmets off and a lot of "walk through". Again a lot of hand offs and developing muscle memory. I saw Kubes watch the 2's a lot today. He let his coaches interact with the players and he did a lot of observing.

Overall I would say the first day was lot's of hard work with a purpose. Then a good cooling down phase to work on muscle memory. I'm not sure that I really told you anything but I hope you enjoy the report and get excited for a new Bronco Season.....GO BRONCOS!!!

BroncoWave
07-31-2015, 05:53 PM
So glad to have these back this year. I really missed all of these reports last season. Thanks for doing this, pola!

pnbronco
07-31-2015, 05:56 PM
So glad to have these back this year. I really missed all of these reports last season. Thanks for doing this, pola!

You're welcome....I'll try to do several...not sure how many time I can go out there or take the heat to be honest. Just remember I'm a fan and my reports are from a female fan perspective.

JPPT1974
07-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Have a blast at camp my friend! For those that attend.

Cugel
07-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Have a blast at camp my friend! For those that attend.

Is that Graham Chapman in the upper right of your avatar? It doesn't look like him.

TXBRONC
07-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks Pola it's good to get these again.

Davii
07-31-2015, 11:33 PM
Still the #1 training camp report! Thank you Pola!

Dapper Dan
07-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Did you see Malik for a bit and then see him disappear? I read that he stretched his quad or calf.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Kubes said it was a calf for Malik but didn't know the extent.

pnbronco
08-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Did you see Malik for a bit and then see him disappear? I read that he stretched his quad or calf.

Yes I saw him warm up but then when the big boys lines were going against each other I didn't see him anymore. I really hope he's OK, we need him.

Rick
08-01-2015, 11:02 AM
I went a couple of years ago and am thinking of going again this year. Just it is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way for me :(

I read something that taking pictures with a cell phone is not allowed but I might have misread it. Is this true?

BroncoJoe
08-01-2015, 11:04 AM
I went a couple of years ago and am thinking of going again this year. Just it is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way for me :(

I read something that taking pictures with a cell phone is not allowed but I might have misread it. Is this true?

Cameras: Fans are welcome to use still cameras during Broncos 2015 training camp, but video cameras (and the recording/live streaming of video on other devices such as cell phones and tablets) will not be permitted. Only members of the media will be allowed to bring cameras with professional lenses and tripods to training camp. ANY DETACHABLE LENSES LONGER THAN THE LENGTH OF A CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON CAMP PREMISES.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/trainingcamp.html

Rick
08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
That's the part I read and was confused about.

I think though reading it again is cell phones are fine unless you shot video with them.

MasterShake
08-01-2015, 02:53 PM
That's the part I read and was confused about.

I think though reading it again is cell phones are fine unless you shot video with them.

Yeah they just don't want you shooting video. I brought my Canon Digital Camera today and was able to get some good shots: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/376-Post-Your-Pic-Thread?p=2365901#post2365901

Ziggy
08-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Monday is the first practice in full pads. Can't wait. I'll have a TC report out that night.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Monday is the first practice in full pads. Can't wait. I'll have a TC report out that night.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 1h

Gary Kubiak said today #Broncos will go in full pads at tomorrow morning's practice -- 10 a.m., "That's next big step,'' Kubiak said.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 15m

Ah, gimme re-write...Kubiak jumped the gun, he said full pads tomorrow, but it's MONDAY for #Broncos in full pads -- shells tomorrow

pnbronco
08-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah they just don't want you shooting video. I brought my Canon Digital Camera today and was able to get some good shots: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/376-Post-Your-Pic-Thread?p=2365901#post2365901

Great pictures! I also agree with your comment on the sun. It was brutal yesterday and I didn't have it in me to head down there today. If you go take lots of sunscreen and a hat. I'm thinking of looking for one with a big brim...:laugh:

You can take pictures with a phone just don't leave it up like you are taking a video.

pnbronco
08-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Yeah! A big thank you to all your sweet comments. You know I don't like writing these but I know it helps give those of you that can't go a little more insight to what's going on at Dove.

Thanks Ziggy for doing this on Monday.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Denver BroncosVerified account
‏@Broncos

#BroncosCamp practices to begin at 9:30 am for remainder of training camp.

UPDATED SCHEDULE http://dbron.co/76d

dogfish
08-02-2015, 11:38 AM
hi, P!

:defense:

TXBRONC
08-02-2015, 12:23 PM

I expect your report to be detailed but brief. :D

Dzone
08-02-2015, 12:47 PM
If they are allowing pictures with cell phones, can someone please post some pictures? Thank you...
edit just saw MSs post with pics! Awesome. Thanks! Anyone else wants to post some more that would be great

TXBRONC
08-02-2015, 01:22 PM
If they are allowing pictures with cell phones, can someone please post some pictures? Thank you...
edit just saw MSs post with pics! Awesome. Thanks! Anyone else wants to post some more that would be great

I am so looking forward to the start of the season.

pnbronco
08-02-2015, 03:50 PM
hi, P!

:defense:

Hi dog....how have you been? Actually home for a few weeks...it's been great and I survived taking care of my grand daughter last week.....wooo hooo!

dogfish
08-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Hi dog....how have you been? Actually home for a few weeks...it's been great and I survived taking care of my grand daughter last week.....wooo hooo!

been good, just working six days most weeks, so i'm always tired. . . had some out of town friends in for the weekend as well, so no extra sleep. . . i'm definitely getting ready for some football to start!

silkamilkamonico
08-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Anyone watching the practices liking the much faster pace? I think it's critical to have a mentality of always on the go, and I love to see players hustle in and out of drills I think it shows a certain type of go get em. I believe last year when we shared training camp with the Texans, that ELway was not happy to see the Broncos players loaf to the next drills and in and out of practices and at the same time seeing Houston constantly hustling.

TXBRONC
08-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Hey did I hear right that the Broncos are going have a joint practice/scrimmage like last year and that it's with Texans again? :confused:

SR
08-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Hey did I hear right that the Broncos are going have a joint practice/scrimmage like last year and that it's with Texans again? :confused:

If that's true I hope it's in Houston!

TXBRONC
08-03-2015, 09:50 AM
If that's true I hope it's in Houston!

I would go if I had the chance.

pnbronco
08-03-2015, 10:05 AM

I though it was with the Niners....but could be wrong. Carol we need you...:D

I thought it was here....to use the new facility.

TXBRONC
08-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I though it was with the Niners....but could be wrong. Carol we need you...:D

I thought it was here....to use the new facility.

I thought Denver had another scheduled I just couldn't remember for sure who it was with. Thinking about it, I think you're right it's the 49ers.

pnbronco
08-04-2015, 01:02 AM
I thought Denver had another scheduled I just couldn't remember for sure who it was with. Thinking about it, I think you're right it's the 49ers.

Found it! it was starting to bug me that I couldn't remember for sure....:lol:

Broncos will hold joint practices with 49ers

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-will-hold-joint-practices-with-49ers/7cf8ed12-1a93-42c2-8f96-542aa32d1657

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Found it! it was starting to bug me that I couldn't remember for sure....:lol:

Broncos will hold joint practices with 49ers

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-will-hold-joint-practices-with-49ers/7cf8ed12-1a93-42c2-8f96-542aa32d1657

Thank you Pola you're a peach. :hug:

dogfish
08-04-2015, 03:38 PM

a palisade peach, at that. . .

pnbronco
08-04-2015, 06:44 PM

Thank you TX and Dog....since I love peaches this is quite a compliment. However Carol must be the entire Western Slope....:D

pnbronco
08-04-2015, 06:47 PM
FYI I was planning to go to Dove today and take notes for a report. Well at midnight I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning. Two hour of bad worship was not any fun, then it was just hard to go back to sleep. So my plans didn't really work out for today. Will try on Thurs and I'll just cook at home the next few days.....:shocked:

Davii
08-07-2015, 09:42 PM
FYI I was planning to go to Dove today and take notes for a report. Well at midnight I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning. Two hour of bad worship was not any fun, then it was just hard to go back to sleep. So my plans didn't really work out for today. Will try on Thurs and I'll just cook at home the next few days.....:shocked:

Feel better soon m'lady