PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

Spiritguy
07-31-2015, 11:27 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-LIVE-Training-Camp-Opens/ed50b651-64aa-4e15-8c2c-12286f23c012

Definately want to read all the reports from camp but this is an interesting view for those of us that can't attend. :cool:

EDIT: This stinks, they only did the first 40 minutes of the practice. Don't know if they will do more later or not.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 11:36 AM
I think it would be a good idea if one of the Mods changed the title of this thread to Training Camp 2015, where each day's posts would be in here, rather than new threads started.

MasterShake
07-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Yup, just changed the name.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 16m

Vic Lombardi retweeted Rick (BERG)

Just had knee surgery

Vic Lombardi added,
Rick (BERG) @rick_bergman
@VicLombardi what is Elway wearing on his right leg?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 17m

Watching first team offense run the zone stretch play. Like old times.

Jeff Legwold retweeted
bill hofheimer ‏@bhofheimer_espn 4h

Rocky Mountain return today for ESPNers Tom Jackson & @AdamSchefter who are covering @Broncos camp today.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32m

Antonio Smith working with a trainer. Doing some core work, some stretching and a few side planks.
3 retweets 3 favorites
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 34m

.@ANU_NIKE91 getting some nice ovations for attacking his individual drills with thunderous hits on the tackling dummies.
5 retweets 5 favorites
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 50m

#BroncosCamp is under way. Every player on on the roster but Jeff Heuerman (torn ACL, can't go on IR until cut to 75) is out here.

Rod Mackey ‏@Rod9sports 25m

DT's 1st time on the field with the new staff. They're gonna make him take it slow. No injuries. #9sports.

Rod Mackey ‏@Rod9sports 41m4

Emmanuel Sanders was an early arrival for day one of training camp...
in his Lamborghini! #9news #9sports.

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 12:28 PM
A few random Twitter notes I've seen:

Jon Heath ‏@JonHeathNFL 37m37 minutes ago

Back-to-back completions from Manning to Daniels early on. Way too early note to fantasy owners.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 29m29 minutes ago

Max Garcia going for early tests, working one on one vs. Von Miller. Miller's dominating but it's a learning experience.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 27m27 minutes ago

I am really impressed by the work Ty Sambrailo has done to his physique, bad weight he showed at Sr Bowl is gone, added muscle to shoulders

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 25m25 minutes ago

Peyton still throws the most precise passes on this team. Every crossing pattern right on the money. Without a rush of course.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m24 minutes ago

Manning connects w Sanders on mid range crossing route. And yes the crowd Went wild #Broncos

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 20m20 minutes ago

early on, Ty Sambrailo looking good handling the edge rushers, he can mirror guys outside, I'm concerned about second/inside moves #Broncos

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 17m17 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas being eased into camp. No team drills, but he is standing in nearly every offensive huddle to help learn offense. #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17m17 minutes ago

With Trevathan and Marshall getting limited reps Johnson and Davis seeing extra time as anticipated #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Von Miller dominated his 1-on-1 drills & then the team period blew past Chris Clark twice for plays that would have been sacks in a game.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Malik Jackson was in 1-on-1 OL/DL drills but not in the team period. Walker & Wolfe were out there flanking Williams at NT.

BroncoJoe
07-31-2015, 12:50 PM
Broncos TC segment coming up on NFLN.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 12:52 PM
ndrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m

End-game FG simulation. All kicks from 36 yards. Barth 1-for-1; McManus 2-for-2. #BroncosCamp

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Hopefully this is nothing ...

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Malik Jackson has been down most of practice - Vance Walker in

BroncoJoe
07-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Broncos TC segment coming up on NFLN.

AND, my fricking phone rang. I missed it!

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Posted: 17 minutes ago
BTV LIVE: Training Camp Day 1 Press Conference
Watch as the Broncos wrap up Day 1 of training camp and meet the media for the first time.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-LIVE-Training-Camp-Day-1-Press-Conference/96915ecb-99a6-481d-b0c3-956d5fc2ca79

It was reported locally that this would start around 12:30

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 01:25 PM
Update on Jackson:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak said DE Malik Jackson strained his calf

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 01:29 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#broncos CJ Anderson said "I stay in my lane. We have a lot of superstars. I am ready for whatever they give me"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak said that DT was swimming a bit mentally as learns offense "but I had no idea he was that big. I hadn't met him"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 46s46 seconds ago

Antonio smith will be absent for next few days to attend family funeral

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21s21 seconds ago

Kubiak said Demaryius will do a little more each day.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak said the ILB group looks strong. Trevathan and Marshall limited, but Kubiak said others have stepped up.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 01:54 PM
Posted: 17 minutes ago
BTV LIVE: Training Camp Day 1 Press Conference
Watch as the Broncos wrap up Day 1 of training camp and meet the media for the first time.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-LIVE-Training-Camp-Day-1-Press-Conference/96915ecb-99a6-481d-b0c3-956d5fc2ca79

It was reported locally that this would start around 12:30

Now shows Peyton at 1:00

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Finally Peyton

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Manning:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 5m5 minutes ago

Peyton says he and DT were catching up on plays in the hotel room last week. Party animals.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#broncos Peyton Manning said great to have fans back out at Dove Valley. said really helps as camp goes on

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 15s15 seconds ago

Peyton: "I feel pretty good on the run, to tell you the truth."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19s20 seconds ago

Manning said "I throw pretty well on the run for a gun who doesn't run well" did roll outs today again #broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Seems strange that Peyton is the only one who had a press conference.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 29m

The crowd was 4025 at Broncos UCHealth Training Center today #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m

Malik Jackson's calf injury, Trevathan/Marshall in 7-on-7 & more in the Quick Hits: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Training-Camp-Quick-Hits-Day-

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Kubiak: 'The support this team has is outstanding'

Day 1-Training Camp: Gary Kubiak discuses his first day of training camp as the Broncos Head Coach.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-The-support-this-team-has-is-outstanding/19c34fe7-e8c5-45e7-a8c4-ef78237271c1

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 05:44 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 39s

Malik Jackson is out here for walk through - little hitch in his steps but no big whip. #9News

Andrew Mason retweeted
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 25m

Malik Jackson has rejoined teammates for this afternoon's walk through #Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 07:45 PM
Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe doesn't need any motivation to go hard in training camp.

The fourth-year defensive end was suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancement drug policy, but is allowed to participate in camp and preseason. So he went through drills. He participated in the walk-through. And he put his time in at the weight room.

He's working as though he'll be playing in Week 1, not Week 5.

"I'm going to train my (butt) off, that's what I'm going to do," he said. "I'm going to train every day and embrace the day. I'll come back in even better shape than I left camp."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28569008/derek-wolfe-vows-work-hard-be-ready-broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Fans begun lining up at UCHealth Training Center at 1 a.m.

Midway through day one of Broncos training camp Friday, quarterback Peyton Manning threw a bullet 20-yard pass to Emmanuel Sanders, who pulled it in over of the outstretched hands of Pro Bowl cornerback Chris Harris Jr.

Manning appeared in midseason form on the first day of practice, showing little rust that might be expected on a 39-year-old quarterback.

"That was a perfect throw by Peyton. Obviously that's Peyton Manning right there," Sanders said. "He made it easy for me. Hopefully that's all year long."

rest, plus videos - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28566375/denver-broncos-fans-come-out-droves-start-training-camp

MasterShake
07-31-2015, 10:21 PM
What's the advantage of getting there at 1 am? I usually get there an hour before and still find a good spot. The new facility is even bigger! That's crazy to me.

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 10:22 PM
What's the advantage of getting there at 1 am? I usually get there an hour before and still find a good spot. The new facility is even bigger! That's crazy to me.

Because people love to brag that they're there first? That's all I've got

VonDoom
07-31-2015, 10:23 PM
Paul Klee
‏@bypaulklee

Easy winner of #Broncos first day of school: Von Miller. Looked like he's been plugged into charging outlet.

:strongy::rockon::defense:

Valar Morghulis
08-01-2015, 08:23 AM
How is Kenny anunike getting on?

VonDoom
08-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Since I'm not at work, I'm not sitting in front of Twitter all day. But I just hopped on and figured I'd post a few notes from today:

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 2h2 hours ago

Guard Louis Vasquez is back on the field for practice, missed walk through last night due to an illness.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h2 hours ago

Not at practice today: Antonio Smith (funeral), Connor Rains (foot), Jeff Heuerman (ACL). Malik Jackson (calf) is here, but w/ no helmet.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1h1 hour ago

Kyle Williams went down while fielding punts. Still on the ground. Being tended to by trainers.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h1 hour ago

WR Kyle Williams being carted off field after going down in a non-contact punt return drill. He's distraught. Fee awful for him. #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

Kyle Williams injured during a return drill. One of many competing for a returning job.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h1 hour ago

Kyle Williams has had two prior ACL tears -- 2012 as a Niner, and 2013 as a Chief. He was trying to make Broncos roster as a returner.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 1h1 hour ago

Cody Latimer putting on a show for #Broncos fans, 1-handed snag vs Harris

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 1h1 hour ago

Jordan Norwood making catches above his head, #Broncos likely to make this team if he stays healthy, good returner too

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 57m57 minutes ago

Rangy WR Jordan Taylor continues to show terrific hands Had slick one handed catch.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 57m57 minutes ago

Montee Ball with a difficult catch over the middle. #Broncos pass was a little behind him, he grabbed it from his shoulder

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 54m54 minutes ago

Kayvon playing with good aggression out there, Harris told me not to forget about him....young corner showing well on the outside #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 53m53 minutes ago

#broncos as promised moving some offensive linemen around to create depth. Ryan Harris seeing time at right tackle w first group

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 36m36 minutes ago

DT has not returned to drills. He remains on side getting legs stretched out. Has jogged a few times over last half hour. #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

DT Marvin Austin leaves field w trainer. Walked off w towel on head

I also saw somewhere that Doss was looking good, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Kubes is talking now - not sure how much longer, and not sure if anyone else will talk

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-LIVE-Training-Camp-Day-2/cf5ef341-66d8-468e-a869-7684b2d1a722

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m

Ryan Harris getting most of the reps at RT tackle today. Kubiak says he wants to get Chris Clark some work at LT.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 5m

Williams' Achilles according to Kubiak.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 48m

With the injury to Kyle Williams, look for Jordan Norwood to get a long look at PR. He had the team made last year before ACL in preseason.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m

Broncos lose Kyle Williams to Achilles (not knee)e injury http://on9news.tv/1St3R6g
via @9News #9News

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m

Jeremy Stewart, who was making push for No. 3-4 RB, suffered hamstring pull Saturday. #9News

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 28m

For clarity- Broncos practice in shells Sunday full pads Monday #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Training camp confessionals: T.J. Ward
Broncos safety T.J. Ward talks about the first day of training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Training_camp_confessionals_TJ_Ward/2e9b1eb3-733e-45fe-ad18-05fcb84d0574

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Williams went down in a non-contact, punt-return drill

While attempting to scoop up the football in punt-return drills, Broncos receiver Kyle Williams went down awkwardly grasping his leg in the early part of the team's second day of training camp.

After being tended to by trainers for several minutes, Williams was carted off the field, crying with his hands covering his face.

Coach Gary Kubiak said Williams suffered an Achilles injury, which Williams later confirmed in an Instagram message, adding that he will miss the season as a result.

rest, plus other stuff from day 2
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28571463/malik-jackson-calf-injury-minor-broncos-kick-off

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 21m

Gary Kubiak said today #Broncos will go in full pads at tomorrow morning's practice -- 10 a.m., "That's next big step,'' Kubiak said.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Thomas joked that his mom, in jail since 2000, called a family member asking for a Walkman. DT: "No no no, no one uses Walkmans anymore"

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Demaryius Thomas said his mom is out of prison and into a halfway house in Ga. He hasn't been able to see her yet, but they talk frequently.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 59m59 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

TJ Ward wants the Broncos secondary to lead the league in interceptions, turnovers and sacks.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 15m

Ah, gimme re-write...Kubiak jumped the gun, he said full pads tomorrow, but it's MONDAY for #Broncos in full pads -- shells tomorrow

VonDoom
08-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Renck said that Sly, Shaq Barrett and Jordan Taylor stood out, with Taylor catching "everything"

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Denver BroncosVerified account
‏@Broncos

#BroncosCamp practices to begin at 9:30 am for remainder of training camp.

UPDATED SCHEDULE http://dbron.co/76d

LTC Pain
08-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Saw this at Rotoworld this morning. The source is 9 News Denver.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9831/juwan-thompson

Second-year RB Juwan Thompson is reportedly challenging for the Broncos' No. 2 running back job.

Thompson averaged 5.0 yards on 54 carries as an undrafted rookie out of Duke last season, scoring three touchdowns. He's reportedly putting heat on Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman behind C.J. Anderson. "Forty (Thompson's number) looked unbelievable today," coach Gary Kubiak said after Saturday's practice. "He's built for what we do." It's time to add Thompson in all Dynasty leagues and put him on the re-draft sleeper radar. Aug 1 - 9:48 PM

VonDoom
08-02-2015, 01:05 PM
From today:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3h3 hours ago

Malik Jackson is back in shoulder pads today. Marcel Jensen is here but without a helmet and pads. Antonio Smith has returned (funeral).

Jeremy Stewart is back at practice. Connor Rains (foot) still out, along with Kyle Williams (torn Achilles) & Jeff Heuerman (ACL).

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago

Denver Mayor Hancock attending practice. He worked as #broncos mascot in his youth.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago

Malik Jackson working the trainers on the sideline again

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago

Broncos LBs doing a cat-and-mouse drill right in front of the crowd. Fans going nuts watching DeMarcus chase Von in a circle.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago

Peyton Manning with a perfect - I mean perfect - long ball TD to Emmanuel Sanders - burned Aqib Talib #9News

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago

Uh oh. Slow down Brock express for moment. Curtis Marsh picks him off. Not sure if route was wrong though. Some chatter that way

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

Intensity palpable as #broncos working in helmets/shoulder pads. Gotta believe there will be at least one fight today

Best moment of camp: kids from the crowd running fade routes and catching passes from Manning & Osweiler.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

Oops. Wolfe and Harris threw first punches

Jordan Taylor with another deep over-the-shoulder catch.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 50m50 minutes ago

#broncos McManus goes 2-for-4 on field goals missed from 37 and 51

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37m37 minutes ago

Liked what I saw from center Matt Paradis today. Definitely young guy to keep eye on along w Max Garcia among the backups

VonDoom
08-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Kubiak:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24m24 minutes ago

Kubiak: wished the team had finished practice better than it did today.

Kubiak wants team to fix the issue of having more mistakes late than early.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Manning will get every third/fourth day off. That would mean he's off Monday, but when asked, Kubiak smiled & wouldn't commit to that.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Broncos Day 3 camp report: Sly Williams stands out http://on9news.tv/1N2cKNt
#9News

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Peyton Manning with a perfect - I mean perfect - long ball TD to Emmanuel Sanders - burned Aqib Talib #9News

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h3

TE Marcel Jensen limps out without a helmet #9News

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m

Manning will get every third/fourth day off. That would mean he's off Monday, but when asked, Kubiak smiled & wouldn't commit to that.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m

Kubiak wants team to fix the issue of having more mistakes late than early.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m

Kubiak: wished the team had finished practice better than it did today.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h

The play-action game is working well today. Not always getting completions downfield, but WRs are getting open down the seam.

Best moment of camp: kids from the crowd running fade routes and catching passes from Manning & Osweiler.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3h

Jeremy Stewart is back at practice. Connor Rains (foot) still out, along with Kyle Williams (torn Achilles) & Jeff Heuerman (ACL).

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3h

Malik Jackson is back in shoulder pads today. Marcel Jensen is here but without a helmet and pads. Antonio Smith has returned (funeral).

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 1h ago Dove Valley, CO

WR Jordan Taylor (Rookie from Rice) having a good camp. Creating some buzz with his catching ability.

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 2h ago Dove Valley, CO

1st time I've watched OL/DL 1v1s and Ben Garland looks good today. Sambrailo split his matchups I saw. Vasquez solid.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m

Malik Jackson said could have practiced. Calf feeling better. "We are just talking it slowly " #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 41m

Liked what I saw from center Matt Paradis today. Definitely young guy to keep eye on along w Max Garcia among the backups

VonDoom
08-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I like that Kubiak isn't afraid to say that the end of practice wasn't good. He's putting everyone on notice. What was that slogan that we heard this year? Be accountable. Sounds good to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Osweiler gets opportunity to run first team

Brock Osweiler began acting like a starter in March. He gathered receivers for local workouts. He texted draft picks. He recognizes the critical juncture he has reached in his NFL career. He enters the the final year of his contract, and the Broncos need to know what they have in the quarterback from Arizona State. Is he part of the future? Or will he become a casualty like Ryan Mallett last summer in New England?

Osweiler remains ready to prove himself, a process which picks up in earnest on Monday as he runs with the starters.

"I think it's important he walks out the lockerroom and it's his team for the day. Peyton (Manning) needs his break. I think those will be big days for (Osweiler)," Kubiak said. "He's improving. I want his feet to continue to improve. If his feet improve, he'll be a better player. It's something I am staying on him about. Yes, those leadership days are coming."

In theory, Osweiler fits Kubiak's roll-out, play-action offense better than the audible-heavy Adam Gase attack. But he must perform well to build off the momentum gained in offseason workouts.

rest - stuff on other players
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28575110/day-three-broncos-camp-brings-new-opportunities-osweiler

VonDoom
08-03-2015, 11:31 AM
From today so far:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 50m50 minutes ago

Several vets getting designed rest: manning, Ware, Ward, Talib, harris, Vasquez, Miller, Daniels. Jackson also not in pads #broncos

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 41m41 minutes ago

Malik Jackson bring held out of #Broncos practice with calf injury.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32m32 minutes ago

It's an over-the-shoulder catch vs. air, but still a nice ovation for the newest Bronco, Connor Rains after a grab.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 32m32 minutes ago

Members of #CSU coaching staff watching practice today

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m29 minutes ago

Only player not accounted for at practice is #Broncos' Tevrin Brandon

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

CJ Anderson and Montee ball with a pair of nice runs as 11 on 11 in full pads begin #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m14 minutes ago

Observations: Kilgo w fumble recovery for TD.. Starting to get chippy. RB stewart taking some big hits. Bibbs has impressive run

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 13m13 minutes ago

Matt Paradis and Dillon Day get a little heated with the D-line

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall and Danny Trevathan in pads

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas in for 7-on-7. Catches a pass from Osweiler in the left flat.

VonDoom
08-03-2015, 12:22 PM
More from today:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 31m31 minutes ago

Cody Latimer struggling on special teams Fumble a punt and was blocked into a player and muffed return

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 27m27 minutes ago

Connor Barth made 4 of 5 field goals from long distance. 48-52 range. #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Joe Don Duncan with a nice catch in the left flat, but David Bruton ended his run after the catch with a strong hit near the sideline.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Joe Don Duncan lowers shoulder and runs over Doss on short passing route

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Solomon Patton just had a amazing deep catch along the sideline.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders follows with one of his own.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#broncos Trevor Siemian looks sharp in 11 on 11

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#broncos Brock Osweiler conjuring images of jake Plummer w fake run, bootleg pass to crossing tight end James Casey

VonDoom
08-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago

Jordan Taylor w nifty sideline catch. Shows good hands consistently #Broncos

Osweiler had some nice throws but missed some deep. Best play of the day was a Siemian-to-Patton deep ball beating double coverage.

In a move-the-ball period at the end of practice, the defense got sacks on 2 of 3 series. (1st off. vs. 2nd D; 2nd O vs. 2nd D; 3s vs. 3s)

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23m23 minutes ago

Osweiler, Dysert and Siemian all looked smooth when they rolled out at times during the practice.

Some decent runs at times, but often not a lot of room to roam for the running backs. Juwan Thompson did great at fighting through traffic.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

Tevrin Brandon on field after practice He is shorts, sweatshirt. Not sure yet why didn't practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 53m

Barth just 4-5 on FGs over 45. Made a pair of 50 yarders.

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 2h Dove Valley, CO

Biggest #BroncosCamp crowds have been Friday/Monday. Because skipping work to come is more fun?

VonDoom
08-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

Broncos CB Tevrin Brandon missed practice with shoulder injury. He never missed practice after getting run over by truck so must be serious

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak on rookie @MGarcia_76: "Max showed up to me today. ... Max was a presence on the field."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Thing about Garcia to me is how held his own v. Danny Shelton at Sr. Bowl. Garcia's a tough guy inside, a brawler. Fights you to the death.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos G Max Garcia has consistently showed he's a powerful player who has consistently good hand placement when matching D-Lineman.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 8m8 minutes ago

Ray worked with #Broncos starters with Miller and Ware getting the day off. Showed explosiveness and good balance at the point of attack too

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Osweiler did fare better later in practice but missed some open receivers early in the session.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Denver Broncos backup quarterback Brock Osweiler drew praise from coach Gary Kubiak for his play during Monday’s practice that veterans, including Peyton Manning, sat out. Kubiak said he will manage the veterans’ playing time throughout training camp.

video - Kubes http://dptv.denverpost.com/2015/08/03/brock-osweiler-shines-as-peyton-manning-takes-day-off/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Sylvester Williams recalled the moment that explains how significantly his career has shifted over the past year. At the end of Saturday's practice, Broncos coach Gary Kubiak singled him out in front of the team for his relentless effort.

Williams' progress remains central to the defensive line. If the nose tackle reaches his potential it would echo across the front seven.

"To hear that (praise) meant a lot. They preach, 'Finish plays, be disruptive.' They want 100 percent," Williams said after Monday's practice. "I would say there were opportunities for me to get noticed (last season) if I played better, but obviously I wasn't meeting their expectations. It's a different year for me. Hopefully I can play up to their expectations and keep it going."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28579501/sylvester-williams-draws-broncos-coaches-praise

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2015, 08:37 PM
You can watch all segments

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/category/sports/

VonDoom
08-04-2015, 12:20 PM
From today:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m45 minutes ago

Manning connects w Cody Latimer on 20-yard TD. Perfect pass #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 38m38 minutes ago

Brock ran one in for a TD.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35m35 minutes ago

Aqib Talib makes acrobatic interception or manning pass over middle. Secondary looks sharp early in camp #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 35m35 minutes ago

Montee Ball with his best run of camp, getting to the left side and bursting through two tacklers for a long gain.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

Cody Latimer continues to make catch after catch. He's basically saying, "I dare you not to play me a lot this year." Impressive every day.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Nixon burglarizes Trevor Siemian with the end-zone pick.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 26m26 minutes ago

Connor Barth, Brandon McManus and Karl Schmitz all getting work on kickoffs.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

Barth nice long kickoff. Bolden remains strong on returns. He can be electric weapon IMO #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

McManus finished 3-4. Looked better today. Barth finished 4-4

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago

Von Miller just blew by Harris -- went underneath him! -- then sprinted off the field, his arm raised in celebration. The best.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Peyton to Emmanuel Sanders. Over the shoulder catch in the left corner of the end zone. Beauty.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Michael Schofield walking back to the locker room with a trainer.

Joe Don Duncan getting some chances to be a lead blocker for C.J. Anderson today.

Slight disconnect on a drill. Kubiak huddles up group to ensure strong finish to practice. Break w "team!"

Weird seeing #broncos huddle so much ... New era

Kyle Roberts getting some time at backup tackle as Michael Schofield was stretching out his back on the side #Broncos

#broncos Shane Ray playing w confidence today. Athleticism showing up on rushes. Has quick first step

turftoad
08-04-2015, 12:25 PM
I like what I'm hearing about Latimer,

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m

Malik Jackson's calf injury, Trevathan/Marshall in 7-on-7 & more in the Quick Hits: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Training-Camp-Quick-Hits-Day-

If Trevathan and Marshall can stay healthy they could end up being one of best inside linebacker tandems in the League.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 12:43 PM
From today:

Manning connects w Cody Latimer on 20-yard TD. Perfect pass #Broncos

Brock ran one in for a TD.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35m35 minutes ago

Aqib Talib makes acrobatic interception or manning pass over middle. Secondary looks sharp early in camp #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 35m35 minutes ago

Montee Ball with his best run of camp, getting to the left side and bursting through two tacklers for a long gain.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

Cody Latimer continues to make catch after catch. He's basically saying, "I dare you not to play me a lot this year." Impressive every day.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Nixon burglarizes Trevor Siemian with the end-zone pick.

Connor Barth, Brandon McManus and Karl Schmitz all getting work on kickoffs.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

Barth nice long kickoff. Bolden remains strong on returns. He can be electric weapon IMO #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

McManus finished 3-4. Looked better today. Barth finished 4-4

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago

Von Miller just blew by Harris -- went underneath him! -- then sprinted off the field, his arm raised in celebration. The best.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Peyton to Emmanuel Sanders. Over the shoulder catch in the left corner of the end zone. Beauty.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Michael Schofield walking back to the locker room with a trainer.

Joe Don Duncan getting some chances to be a lead blocker for C.J. Anderson today.

Slight disconnect on a drill. Kubiak huddles up group to ensure strong finish to practice. Break w "team!"

Weird seeing #broncos huddle so much ... New era

Kyle Roberts getting some time at backup tackle as Michael Schofield was stretching out his back on the side #Broncos

#broncos Shane Ray playing w confidence today. Athleticism showing up on rushes. Has quick first step

Connor Barth doesn't have a lot range even in Denver and is not very good on kickoffs so I can easily see him getting cut some point during camp.

Buff
08-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Connor Barth doesn't have a lot range even in Denver and is not very good on kickoffs so I can easily see him getting cut some point during camp.

With the extra point from the 35 this year, I've got my money on Barth getting the job.

Timmy!
08-04-2015, 12:51 PM

That would be all well and good if McManus wasn't as accurate as a Tebow pass. If Barth can improve his kickoffs, at all, Broncos keep him.

Valar Morghulis
With the extra point from the 35 this year, I've got my money on Barth getting the job.

If he doesn't I will eat crow, whatever that actually means.

Timmy!

Good point.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 12:53 PM

He might but that would more than likely keeping around a kick off specialist and I doubt the Broncos want to do that.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 12:53 PM
That would be all well and good if McManus wasn't as accurate as a Tebow pass. If Barth can improve his kickoffs, at all, Broncos keep him.

A year can make a difference.

Timmy!
08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
A year can make a difference.

According to all the camp reports, it hasn't.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
According to all the camp reports, it hasn't.

I haven't seen any on kickers yet. That said there is a third kicker roster right now.

Timmy!
08-04-2015, 01:10 PM
I haven't seen any on kickers yet. That said there is a third kicker roster right now.

Its in this thread. In FG drills McManus went 2/4 one day (including a miss from only 37 yards) and 3/4 another day. Barth, (also mentioned in this threads reports) has been far more accurate.

VonDoom
08-04-2015, 01:16 PM
More practice notes:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 48m48 minutes ago

After trying to stretch out back, #broncos Michael Schofield left field w trainer

Left tackle Ryan Clady watching practice today.

Manning nice short pass to OwenDaniels and Ryan Harris sprung him w good block on Todd Davis #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

Latimer just missed on diving catch and it appeared to knock the wind out of home. Moving around now. Strong effort

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

#broncos bubba Caldwell gets overlooked. But has caught everything today including TD from Osweiler

VonDoom
08-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Kubiak and other coaches, after practice:

Kubiak: Joe Don Duncan has "impressed." Versatility helps his cause. Duncan saw some reps w/ Manning and also was on the 1st KO ret. unit.

D.Thomas and A.Smith are "very close to be turning loose," Kubiak said. Smith saw some team reps today; Thomas had 2 7-on-7 periods.

Joe DeCamillis said Broncos' kicking competition still close. "I think we're separated by one miss now."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

#broncos Wade Phillips said ideally would like to run blend of man and zone coverage "and we have guys who can do that." Will be pressure D

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 15m15 minutes ago

Rick Dennison says Demarcus Ware and Von Miller have been instrumental in the development of rookie Ty Sambrailo. Always teaching. #broncos

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 15m15 minutes ago

For #Broncos Schofield left practice with tightness in his back, Bibbs had ankle injury and Wolfe looked as if heat was bothering him.

Dennison said really seeing comfort level growing w RBs "on putting foot in ground and surging" #broncos. Cut back, cut in half is the plan

Kubiak said injuries to Schofield, Virgil green should not keep them from practicing on Thursday. Team has scheduled day off tomorrow

VonDoom
08-04-2015, 01:21 PM
I like what I'm hearing about Latimer,

I know a lot of it is just camp fluff, but I agree, if Latimer is stepping up, that will be a big help. Sounds like Garcia is doing well too, and Joe Don Duncan (would love to keep him for the name alone; being a 270 pound wrecking ball helps too)

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Its in this thread. In FG drills McManus went 2/4 one day (including a miss from only 37 yards) and 3/4 another day. Barth, (also mentioned in this threads reports) has been far more accurate.

I've went back looked and I found tweet that spoke of McManus having a bad day it didn't say bad but it also said the next day he had a better day. I also saw another tweet showed he was like 4/4 from that distance. If Barth wins the competition that fine with me but I don't think Elway brought McManus back and other guy in just for the heck of it.

Also Doom just posted this tweet fwiw:

Joe DeCamillis said Broncos' kicking competition still close. "I think we're separated by one miss now."

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 01:34 PM
I know a lot of it is just camp fluff, but I agree, if Latimer is stepping up, that will be a big help. Sounds like Garcia is doing well too, and Joe Don Duncan (would love to keep him for the name alone; being a 270 pound wrecking ball helps too)

Denver is really going to need him too so hopefully the fluff is accurate.

VonDoom
08-04-2015, 01:45 PM
I've went back looked and I found tweet that spoke of McManus having a bad day it didn't say bad but it also said the next day he had a better day. I also saw another tweet showed he was like 4/4 from that distance. If Barth wins the competition that fine with me but I don't think Elway brought McManus back and other guy in just for the heck of it.

Also Doom just posted this tweet fwiw:

I doubt they want to tip their hand yet, but it appears that Barth and Colquitt will be the two kickers on the roster come opening day. Vic just posted this:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 22m22 minutes ago

Connor Barth told me he worked with a kickoff coach in the offseason. It shows. He kicked a couple out of the endzone today.

... so if he can actually kick touchbacks a portion of the time and still be accurate on FG's, he's probably our guy.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 01:50 PM
I doubt they want to tip their hand yet, but it appears that Barth and Colquitt will be the two kickers on the roster come opening day. Vic just posted this:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 22m22 minutes ago

Connor Barth told me he worked with a kickoff coach in the offseason. It shows. He kicked a couple out of the endzone today.

... so if he can actually kick touchbacks a portion of the time and still be accurate on FG's, he's probably our guy.

I saw one tweet that said that Barth sent one out of the end zone. I agree if he can do that with some consistency that's great because I don't think Denver wants to take up a roster spot with a kick off specialist.

VonDoom
08-04-2015, 01:57 PM
I saw one tweet that said that Barth sent one out of the end zone. I agree if he can do that with some consistency that's great because I don't think Denver wants to take up a roster spot with a kick off specialist.

Yeah, they've made it pretty clear that they only want to carry two kickers (which I think most people would agree with). I guess I assumed that meant McManus would improve his accuracy but Barth working on kickoffs works just as well.

Dapper Dan is right - we spend a lot of time talking about kickers around here.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Yeah, they've made it pretty clear that they only want to carry two kickers (which I think most people would agree with). I guess I assumed that meant McManus would improve his accuracy but Barth working on kickoffs works just as well.

Dapper Dan is right - we spend a lot of time talking about kickers around here.

If the position was settled it wouldn't talked about.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2015, 04:32 PM
You can watch all segments

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/category/sports/

For those of you who are concerned about the OL this year, you need to at least watch the two segments with Stink talking about the OL, the coaches, players last year, and then the other segment on him talking about the OL, coaches, players, etc. this year, which he is positive about.

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 05:16 PM
For those of you who are concerned about the OL this year, you need to at least watch the two segments with Stink talking about the OL, the coaches, players last year, and then the other segment on him talking about the OL, coaches, players, etc. this year, which he is positive about.

He certainly isn't down in the mouth about the line and seem to think Sambraillo will be fine.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2015, 05:45 PM
He certainly isn't down in the mouth about the line and seem to think Sambraillo will be fine.

And, did you catch the negatives about last year?

TXBRONC
08-04-2015, 05:47 PM
And, did you catch the negatives about last year?

Oh yeah.

VonDoom
08-06-2015, 08:30 AM
In case anyone cares, I'll be away for a couple of days and probably can't keep an eye on Twitter. Enjoy training camp!

TXBRONC
08-06-2015, 08:45 AM
In case anyone cares, I'll be away for a couple of days and probably can't keep an eye on Twitter. Enjoy training camp!

Well that's just peachy.

On a serious note, I hope everything is alright.

NightTerror218
08-06-2015, 10:48 AM
K Schmitz has been cut and DT Fua signed.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Vic Lombardi retweeted
#BroncosCamp ‏@Broncos 31m

#Broncos sign defensive lineman Sione Fua, waive punter Karl Schmitz.

Fua will wear No. 69.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 6m

For #Broncos--Brandon, Madison, Trevathan, McCray, Austin, Schofield not practicing.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9m

LG Max Garcia, C Matt Paradis getting some Peyton Manning love today. #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

The Broncos reached an injury settlement with rookie OT Connor Rains and released the prospect from Wyoming. #9News

TXBRONC
08-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Vic Lombardi retweeted
#BroncosCamp ‏@Broncos 31m

#Broncos sign defensive lineman Sione Fua, waive punter Karl Schmitz.

Fua will wear No. 69.

Well that settles one special teams position. Now it's just a matter of who the kicker will be.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m

Derek Wolfe carted off - cold towel over his head- escorted by two people #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 41

Emmanuel Sanders seems OK as he heads off #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 42m

Emmanuel Sanders out with Cramp in right hammy #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 59m

DL Antonio Smith LB Brandon Marshall getting team reps for first time #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

DL Malik Jackson getting some team reps today.#9news

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 21m

For #Broncos... Derek Wolfe to locker room... Helped by trainers ...woozy Emmanuel Sanders went earlier

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 1h

For #Broncos ... Paradis and Garcia getting some reps in starting OL today ...

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15m

McManus good from 60 and 64. Barth's only long-range attempt was from 60, and he hit it.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m

And McManus hits a 64-yard attempt.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m

Connor Barth just nailed a 60-yard field goal. Little wind at his back, but still a great kick.

Aqib Talib with the INT of Manning for the second consecutive practice.

Brandon Marshall getting some work in the team period. So is Demaryius Thomas.

Love the soccer ball drill to practice lunging kick blocks from the edge. Tim Howard would be proud.

TXBRONC
08-06-2015, 12:39 PM

McManus good from 60 and 64. Barth's only long-range attempt was from 60, and he hit it.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m

And McManus hits a 64-yard attempt.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m

Connor Barth just nailed a 60-yard field goal. Little wind at his back, but still a great kick.

Aqib Talib with the INT of Manning for the second consecutive practice.

Brandon Marshall getting some work in the team period. So is Demaryius Thomas.

Love the soccer ball drill to practice lunging kick blocks from the edge. Tim Howard would be proud.

Barth hit a 60 yarder. Not bad, that said I would have liked to see McManus hit that 64 yarder.

NightTerror218
08-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Hope Wolfe is ok.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 12m

Emmanuel Sanders hamstring, Derek Wolfe concussion, Steven Johnson knee, Michael Schofield back, Danny Trevathan ill. #9news #9sports

SR
08-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Good day for injuries

TXBRONC
08-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 12m

Emmanuel Sanders hamstring, Derek Wolfe concussion, Steven Johnson knee, Michael Schofield back, Danny Trevathan ill. #9news #9sports

Hopefully all those guys will be back on the field soon.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 01:28 PM
BTV LIVE: Training Camp Day 7
Watch as Head Coach Gary Kubiak addresses the media after Thursday's training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-LIVE-Training-Camp-Day-7/21d7c673-214c-4d59-af40-64e70658ff74

Looks like it is about ready to start

TXBRONC
08-06-2015, 01:38 PM
BTV LIVE: Training Camp Day 7
Watch as Head Coach Gary Kubiak addresses the media after Thursday's training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-LIVE-Training-Camp-Day-7/21d7c673-214c-4d59-af40-64e70658ff74

Looks like it is about ready to start

I'm on my phone and unable to watch it right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 01:55 PM
DT talking

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13

Curtis Marsh had quad tightness. Not Brandon Marshall. Heard "Marsh," thought it was short for "Marshall" b/c some call him "B-Marsh." 😳

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m

Boy howdy, somebody in the media scrum didn't use their deodorant.

Kubiak said that Garcia and Paradis have earned the right to get a first-team work. Impressed w/ their progress.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m

Demaryius Thomas on Peyton: "I know you're not going to believe this but it seems like he has more zip" #9news #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Kubiak on young interior linemen, injuries
Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks to the press after Thursday's practice.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-on-young-interior-linemen-injuries/69a873d0-184f-4eb6-be2d-2706928af7f3

The following was posted Aug. 4th

Dennison on Sambrailo, backfield
Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison talks to the press after Tuesday's practice.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Dennison_on_Sambrailo_backfield/ea69c0ef-b3b2-44d7-84ae-bab78c5231f6

VonDoom
08-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Well that's just peachy.

On a serious note, I hope everything is alright.

Quick family mini vacation. All is well!

Spiritguy
08-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Chris Cooper spent a little time with the guys on BTV talking O line.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-live-from-Buffalo-Wild-Wings-Part-3-Kuper/971a9164-c58b-4756-b07a-757732726b87

BroncoJoe
08-06-2015, 03:17 PM
andrew mason ‏@masedenver 17m

boy howdy, somebody in the media scrum didn't use their deodorant.

lol

Spiritguy
08-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Stink does a podcast: (http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=788&pid=527625) First, Mark explains how players Steroid Explanations are pure BS. Then fellow former O-Lineman turned podcaster Ross Tucker chimes in. Finally, Mark explains why Chip Kelly will be coaching college ball in 2016.

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=788&pid=527625

NightTrainLayne
08-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Demaryius Thomas on Peyton: "I know you're not going to believe this but it seems like he has more zip" #9news #9sports

I'm getting cynical in my old age, but we've seen this every year from Bronco receivers since Manning came back. Each year they talk about how he has more zip on the ball.

I think this is more a symptom of how much Manning is falling off during the season than anything else. My the end of the season, he doesn't have any zip left. By the time training camp rolls around, he's well rested and gets the ball there quicker.

These statements no longer make me think he's getting stronger since his surgeries.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Hope Wolfe is ok.

Yeah me too....having had a previous spinal injury it is a concern for him. They can't treat this with regular concussion protocol. He needs to be monitored closely, imo.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm getting cynical in my old age, but we've seen this every year from Bronco receivers since Manning came back. Each year they talk about how he has more zip on the ball.

I think this is more a symptom of how much Manning is falling off during the season than anything else. My the end of the season, he doesn't have any zip left. By the time training camp rolls around, he's well rested and gets the ball there quicker.

These statements no longer make me think he's getting stronger since his surgeries.

He probably does have more zip this year. In the second half of the regular season last year, he was playing injured.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-06-2015, 04:06 PM

I think it's probably half right. I don't think he had dead arm at the end of the season. I think he had a dead leg resulting in an inability to plant and throw.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Go ahead, focus on the running backs. You won’t hurt Demaryius Thomas’ feelings.

In Gary Kubiak’s zone-blocking, stretch run offense, C.J. Anderson and Co. will be asked to do more — much more — and the Broncos’ receiver believes that could only work in his favor.

Why? More attention on the run game means more single coverage for him and his fellow receivers.

“It’s going to leave me one-on-one and probably open down the field a lot,” he said. “When everybody was saying they’re going to run the ball, I’m like, ‘I’m fine with that.'”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/08/06/demaryius-thomas-fine-with-broncos-running-the-ball-more/34845/

TXBRONC
08-06-2015, 09:53 PM
rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/08/06/demaryius-thomas-fine-with-broncos-running-the-ball-more/34845/

D. Thomas is going to get plenty of work even with a focus on the running game.

MOtorboat
08-06-2015, 10:31 PM
I don't think they'll run quite as much as some seem to think. Kubiak's teams since he left Denver have thrown it 54.9 percent of the time.

TXBRONC
08-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Like I said Thomas and for that matter Sanders and the rest of the receiving corps will put up good numbers.

SR
08-07-2015, 08:10 AM
I don't think they'll run quite as much as some seem to think. Kubiak's teams since he left Denver have thrown it 54.9 percent of the time.

In my opinion I think we'll see it close to that. My guess would've been 55/45 in favor of the pass. Now, if our QB was someone else and AP was the back that number would be skewed the other way.

NightTrainLayne
08-07-2015, 11:58 AM
He probably does have more zip this year. In the second half of the regular season last year, he was playing injured.

I think it's probably half right. I don't think he had dead arm at the end of the season. I think he had a dead leg resulting in an inability to plant and throw.

Yes.

My point is that he probably doesn't have more "zip" on the ball in August 2015 than he had in August 2014.

Great. He has great "zip" now. I'm not holding my breathe, based on the past three seasons, that he will maintain the same "zip" through December/January.

underrated29
08-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Yes.

My point is that he probably doesn't have more "zip" on the ball in August 2015 than he had in August 2014.

Great. He has great "zip" now. I'm not holding my breathe, based on the past three seasons, that he will maintain the same "zip" through December/January.

As far as I can remember the only time he didnt have zip in Jan and Dec was last year when he was hurt. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it. Otherwise I think you are basing this purely on speculation, which in large part is unfounded considering he broke every record there is just 2 years ago in December and January.

TXBRONC
08-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Yes.

Hopefully Mannig having the breaks during camp and iirc that is going to extend into the regular season is going pay dividends at the end of the season.

NightTrainLayne
08-07-2015, 01:25 PM

As far as I can remember the only time he didnt have zip in Jan and Dec was last year when he was hurt. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it. Otherwise I think you are basing this purely on speculation, which in large part is unfounded considering he broke every record there is just 2 years ago in December and January.

You don't remember Seattle intercepting him twice and sitting on routes just waiting on the ball to come to them in the Super Bowl? Maybe you're right, but in my opinion, he has dropped off markedly at the end of the season each year. More so last year than the others, I will grant you that.

Hopefully Mannig having the breaks during camp and iirc that is going to extend into the regular season is going pay dividends at the end of the season.

This is my sincere hope as well, and I posted something along those lines immediately after Kubiak was hired. Manning needs to save himself for the end of the season.

underrated29
08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
You don't remember Seattle intercepting him twice and sitting on routes just waiting on the ball to come to them in the Super Bowl? Maybe you're right, but in my opinion, he has dropped off markedly at the end of the season each year. More so last year than the others, I will grant you that.

This is my sincere hope as well, and I posted something along those lines immediately after Kubiak was hired. Manning needs to save himself for the end of the season.

I remember, but I dont think his arm strength is necessarily to blame. A factor, sure, but I remember JT just letting the saftey out muscle him to the ball. That was JT and I remember knowshon not coming back for the ball, I believe after mannings arm got hit when throwing.

I agree about them sitting on the routes, but that to me is a direct result of gase and not arm strength. It could be argued either way but I feel confident in my assessment that I can show more about how Gase was inept, which caused them sitting the routes, than because of his weakened arm. I am sure you have heard me call out Gase and his bubble screens, etc enough so I will spare you that spiel unless you would like to me to go into detail.

Spiritguy
08-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Official rules change video for this season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Official_2015_rules_changes_presentation/4388c2e9-ca3d-4e48-950a-6841e2a1b94a

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2015, 04:31 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Because he is the most accomplished wide receiver on the Denver Broncos roster and has been running routes for Peyton Manning since 2012, Demaryius Thomas is usually a gauge for Manning's game at any given time.

Thomas said Thursday that Manning's passes are stronger and faster in this training camp compared to last year's.

"He's smiling. I feel like he's good," Thomas said after practice. "I don't know if you all are going to believe what I say, but I think it's a little more zip on it. I don't know how he can do that. He's an older guy -- one of the oldest guys on the team -- but I feel like every year around this time, there's almost more zip on his ball. You can notice it. He threw a couple posts, probably 50, 60 yards, and I'm like, 'Whoa.'"

AND

Last year, Manning was slowed by a thigh injury he suffered in December, and his second half of the season did not match his first. He threw 24 touchdowns and five interceptions in the season's first eight games compared with 15 and 10 in the season's second half.

Manning said earlier this offseason that one of the biggest aspects of his decision to return for 2015 was making sure he was physically ready to close the season strong. He called it asking "the tough questions."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13390045/demaryius-thomas-denver-broncos-compliments-peyton-manning-arm-strength-training-camp

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Manning to attend Bill Polian's HOF ceremony Saturday http://on9news.tv/1T0RcrF
via @9News #9news #9Sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Von on Aldon-"He's going through tough time right now. He's in same boat I was before. He was there for me I'm going to be there for him"

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Von Miller on Aldon Smith:"That's my guy. I'm going to be with him till the very end." #9news #9Sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

For clarity-Derek Wolfe does have a concussion. He's in concussion protocol. #9News. #9Sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Peyton Manning will practice Saturday morning , fly to Canton for Bill Polian HOF ceremony -back for practice Sunday #9News #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5h

Distinguished camp watchers: Brian Griese, Mark Schlereth, Sonny Lubick, 50 military personnel. #9News #9Sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5h

No pads today. #9sports #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6h

ILB Steven Johnson (right knee) out #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6h6 hours ago

Emmanuel Sanders observing not practicing - hammy #9news 9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6h

ILB Danny Trevathan back. Sick yesterday #9news #9sports
7 retweets 5 favorites
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6h

OT Michael Schofield returns. Missed Thursday with back spasms. #9news #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 3h

Kubiak cited used of Pistol formation in Fri. practice as example of meshing what Manning has done in past w/Kubiak's past playbooks.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Kubiak on injuries:
Emmanuel Sanders still day to day with hamstring.
Virgil Green dislocated a finger but finished practice.
Chris Harris cramped and was pulled out.
Derek Wolfe has a concussion and is doing protocol.
Hope to have Steven Johnson back next week (knee injury).

Running Back battle – 6 guys, 3 spots?
Ronnie Hillman: depth chart doesn’t matter right now, make the most of your reps.
Kapri Bibbs: can’t worry when someone else does something good? Just focus on yourself.
Kubiak: carry 3-4 guys. Special teams play will separate the last few. Pre-season will be big.

– Update from Mark Haas

C.J. Anderson had a long TD run during a team period, but extended action for Ronnie Hillman today. His roster spot not assured.

Broncos
Broncos Notebook: Training Camp On Aug. 7
August 7, 2015 10:46 AM
Share on email
View Comments
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)
Related Tags: Aqib Talib, CBS4 Broncos Notebook, Denver Broncos, Derek Wolfe, Emmanuel Sanders, Louis Vasquez, Matt Paradis, Peyton Manning, Ryan Harris, T.J. Ward, Ty Sambrailo

Kubiak on injuries:
Emmanuel Sanders still day to day with hamstring.
Virgil Green dislocated a finger but finished practice.
Chris Harris cramped and was pulled out.
Derek Wolfe has a concussion and is doing protocol.
Hope to have Steven Johnson back next week (knee injury).

Running Back battle – 6 guys, 3 spots?
Ronnie Hillman: depth chart doesn’t matter right now, make the most of your reps.
Kapri Bibbs: can’t worry when someone else does something good? Just focus on yourself.
Kubiak: carry 3-4 guys. Special teams play will separate the last few. Pre-season will be big.

– Update from Mark Haas

C.J. Anderson had a long TD run during a team period, but extended action for Ronnie Hillman today. His roster spot not assured.

Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler both lead TD drives during 7 on 7 two-minute drill. TDs to Virgil Green and Bennie Fowler.

Offensive line first team today continuing the youth movement with Ty Sambrailo (rookie), Max Garcia (rookie), Matt Paradis (practice squad last year), Louis Vasquez, Ryan Harris.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/08/07/broncos-notebook-youth-movement-on-the-o-line/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2015, 04:54 PM

#BroncosCamp average attendance is 4,346 through 7 sessions so far. That's 51.3% better than the previous record average (2,872 in 2012).

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

NFL-produced rules-change film tells players not to fight, and "peacemaking won't be accepted as an excuse for entering the [fight] area."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

DeMarcus Ware: "Von is Von again."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4h

Patton catching everything deep out here. Quickest guy on the field.

Dysert's 2:00 series closes with a 33-yard TD strike to Solomon Patton on a go route up the left sideline.

Osweiler's turn in the 2:00 drill ends with a Taurean Nixon INT.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5h

Rough going for backup QBs Osweiler, Dysert in this 7-on-7 period.

Solomon Patton and Jordan Norwood fielding punts today.

Beautiful 1-yard catch by Bennie Fowler for a TD on a fade route to cap an Osweiler-led 7-on-7 drive.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6h

Aqib Talib with a nice breakup of an intended Manning-to-Daniels connection. Talib using his wingspan well lately.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6h

Oh, Brock ... Gotta hit that ... Air-mailed Jordan Taylor on a deep post.

TXBRONC
08-07-2015, 07:44 PM
I think Von is going to have a huge year.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2015, 09:46 PM
I think Von is going to have a huge year.

Von Miller makes football look too easy.

It's not, of course. The sport features offenses with play calls longer than a Shakespearean sonnet. Defenses boast endless disguises, creating mental sandtraps for quarterbacks.

Then Miller stands across the line, and it becomes a simple game. He's faster, stronger and more talented than those looking back at him. Miller vs. an offensive lineman. It's the greatest mismatch since Little Red Riding Hood vs. the Wolf.

"I will be a better tackle because of practicing against him," said Broncos starting right tackle Ryan Harris. "To his credit, he practices hard. A guy like that could take a day off, a week off, heck, he could take the whole camp off, but he brings it everyday. Man, '58' what can't you say about that guy."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/renck/ci_28603739/von-miller-devours-lineman-broncos-camp-look-easy

MOtorboat
08-07-2015, 10:07 PM
I hope he's making it look easy because he's that good and not the other possibility...

tomjonesrocks
08-07-2015, 10:15 PM
I hope he's making it look easy because he's that good and not the other possibility...

Lol...There's no way it could be because we're talking about one of the most gifted, disruptive defensive players in the league against the worst OL in the NFL, could it?

Davii
08-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Lol...There's no way it could be because we're talking about one of the most gifted, disruptive defensive players in the league against the worst OL in the NFL, could it?

We are not, and will not be, the worst OL in the league.

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 08:56 AM

You're calling them the worst offensive line in League without having played a single meaningful game?

SR
08-08-2015, 09:07 AM
You're calling them the worst offensive line in League without having played a single meaningful game so it couldn't be.

You're denying the possibility that they could be the worst offensive line in the league without having played a single meaningful game.

Northman
08-08-2015, 09:34 AM

Lmao,

The very thing i was thinking about.

Northman
08-08-2015, 09:36 AM
You're denying the possibility that they could be the worst offensive line in the league without having played a single meaningful game.

^This

Hopefully Von just had a really good practice but there were already some concerns about the strength of the Oline this year so there could be a possibility that the Oline is making it easier for Von. Hopefully thats not the case here.

Northman
08-08-2015, 09:37 AM
I read that Brian Griese was at camp yesterday or today. Did anyone who attended see him?

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Without them having played a single meaningful game, yes.

Dzone
08-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Brockweiller looking like crap. The parade of wasted second round picks marches on

underrated29
08-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Broncos live from tc is on nfln right now. Td is calling it

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Why don't we use Hillman for kick and punt returns? It's not like any of those other guys are Brian Mitchell.

Davii
08-08-2015, 10:39 AM

Yes. Go back to page 4 and see what Stink had to say. I'll trust his opinion at this juncture and say we'll be better on the line than we were last year.

SR
08-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes. Go back to page 4 and see what Stink had to say. I'll trust his opinion at this juncture and say we'll be better on the line than we were last year.

I hope so

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-08-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm greatly encouraged if Stink isn't calling the oline hot garbage.

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 11:51 AM

I had forgotten about Stinks analysis. Didn't he say that it would take some time to adjust? I'm going to go back see that video still available.

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm greatly encouraged if Stink isn't calling the oline hot garbage.

He said that they would benefit from having a lot slide protections and by running the ball more. He believes putting Vasquez back at guard will help and that Sambraillo will be fine. Also having 3 and 5 steps drops will also help them out.

Dzone
08-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Broncos live from tc is on nfln right now. Td is calling it

Mucho gracias!!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Kenny Chesney at Broncos camp today. Also Terrell Davis #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Broncos report: Shane Ray, Chris Clark exchange blows http://on9news.tv/1T5sZQY
#9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Chris Harris, E. Sanders, Bruton out with leg soreness #9news #9sports

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 20m

#Broncos have finished practice ... Anderson stayed in field but did not participate in last couple practice periods.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 38m

For #Broncos Anderson still has helmet on walking on sideline.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 42m

Trainers checking left shoulder on CJ Anderson for #Broncos in team drills.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h

Steven Johnson, Michael schofield, Lerentee McCray and Marvin Austin Jr also not practicing for #Broncos today.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h

Chris Harris Jr., David Bruton Jr.,and Emmanuel Sanders among #Broncos not practicing today ... Team in full pads.

Best day that the defense has had, Kubiak said, although he wants to see fewer penalties. One offside cost the D a Talib pick-6.

Sunday will be a veteran rest day, Kubiak said.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m

Defense definitely ruled the day in goal-line. Darian Stewart had an INT of Manning. Ray had good pressure on Osweiler forcing a throwaway.

Goal-line walk-through period. Anticipation building for what will come next -- goal-line period, always an apex of camp.

Lorenzo Doss with a near INT of Trevor Siemian -- hands on the ball, couldn't quite bring it in.

Defense having its way so far today. Lots of pressure.

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 21m

Kubiak said Anderson wanted to finish practice but Kubiak told trainer to hold him out
View conversation

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 28m

CJ Anserson walked by media just saying "trainer." We will see what Kubiak says. Looked like he banged up his left shoulder

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 57m

Next play Peyton a perfect deep pass to a diving Owen Daniels. #2MinuteDrill

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 59m

Aqib Talib just had a pick 6 off Peyton. But Roby called offsides.

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 2h

Kickers "taking a break" to chat with Kenny Chesney. #BroncosCamp (yes the picture quality is outstanding).

Here is the link for today's #broncos notes. @CBSDenver http://cbsloc.al/1PdhuRG

Peyton just ran for a 1st down. The crowd loved it.

SR
08-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Maybe he should've ran for a first down against the Colts in the playoffs. Sure would've loved that.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Highlight: Pro Bowl cornerback Aqib Talib continues to make plays in practice. This is nothing new.

"Just watch the film," he said with a smirk. But three interceptions in camp, including a pick-six on Saturday demand attention. The score didn't count because cornerback Bradley Roby was offside, but Talib made a perfect read stepping in front of Andre Caldwell. For Talib, coordinator Wade Phillips' defense plays into his strengths. "It's simple, straight to the point. We put a lot of pressure on the quarterback. It lets us get physical with the receivers. And we also get a chance to play with vision."

Lowlight: The offense failed to gain consistent traction. Safety Darian Stewart said linebacker Brandon Marshall set the tone with his energy and intensity. The offense put the ball on the ground on multiple occasions, looking sloppy at times. Running back C.J. Anderson left with a nicked shoulder. It's not considered serious, but symbolized a tough day for the offense.

Position battle: Roby is a backup in name only. With the Broncos likely to spend large chunk of time in nickel coverage, the former Ohio State star functions like a starter. He gave himself a "C" grade for last year's performance, and is bent on improving and holding his spot over Kayvon Webster. Roby spends extra time after practice working on his hands, and asks plenty of questions of Talib and strong safety T.J. Ward in meetings. "I would be stupid not to," Roby said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28607711/aqib-talib-continues-shine-at-broncos-camp

Northman
08-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Maybe he should've ran for a first down against the Colts in the playoffs. Sure would've loved that.

:lol:

Zing!

Northman
08-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Sounds like defensively we will be good shape. Offense could be a problem though.

TXBRONC
08-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Sounds like defensively we will be good shape. Offense could be a problem though.

I know both sides of the ball have new systems but there but there are bunch new pieces on the offensive side of the ball it's and it's going to take some time to get it all together.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2015, 05:51 PM
T.D. was back on Broncos turf.

The Broncos’ all-time leading rusher and Ring of Famer attended Saturday’s practice for NFL Network, but any time Terrell Davis returns to Broncos Country, it’s about much more.

He spoke to his former quarterback and now general manager, John Elway. He spoke to receiver Demaryius Thomas. He watched practice alongside players and coaches, catching a front-row glimpse of Peyton Manning rolling out. And he saw his former offensive coordinator, Gary Kubiak, running the show.

Afterward, Davis opened up about the team, Kubiak’s offense and how it will work with Manning, his days with Elway and much more. Some highlights:

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/08/08/terrell-davis-talks-broncos-peyton-manning-hall-of-fame-and-more/34921/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Country singer Kenny Chesney got a show just hours before he was scheduled to perform at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Saturday.

Standing on the sideline for Day 8 of Broncos training camp, Chesney got a front-row view of 39-year-old Peyton Manning's oft-scrutinized mobility.

The highlight came early in team drills, when Manning rolled out and ran to the right sideline, mere feet from his longtime friend Chesney, for a first down.

The Broncos' quarterback followed with a rollout and over-the-shoulder pass to tight end Owen Daniels for a touchdown.

"(Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison) had him on the move like a young man today," coach Gary Kubiak said with a smile. "We tried to work him good today."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28607127/broncos-back-pads-day-8-training-camp

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2015, 09:33 PM

Bill Polian to Manning... if you keep playing I may not be around for your HOF induction. @ProFootballHOF

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 08:00 AM

Bill Polian to Manning... if you keep playing I may not be around for your HOF induction. @ProFootballHOF

I'm sure Polian was joking to a certain extent but at the same time Polian there might be hint to truth in that.

Dzone
08-09-2015, 08:23 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/08/08/terrell-davis-talks-broncos-peyton-manning-hall-of-fame-and-more/34921/
On if he gets anxiety waiting to be inducted:
“Not yet. I can imagine, though. Maybe five years from now, 10 years from now, if this is still the case, yeah, I might be a little bothered by that. I might be bothered, but right now, I understand the process. I understand that there are certain people that had to go in before I was even considered, and Jerome was one of them. I think (former NFL RB LeDainian Tomlinson) LT’s coming up next year, and I know I’m not going in before LT. I might have three, four more years to wait. That’s just how it works.”
This whole HOF induction process is utterly ridiculous. How is a guy not worthy of the hall today, but in 5-10 years he will be? What a joke. Sad that TD to has to be put through this year after year after year

VonDoom
08-09-2015, 12:42 PM
From today:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago

Broncos 8 vets day off- Manning Vasquez Daniels Ward Talib Harris Ware Miller #9news #9Sports

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h2 hours ago

For #Broncos... Ball taking reps w/ first offense at RB ... Anderson in uniform looks like willbe limited ... Inj shoulder in Sat practice.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h2 hours ago

For #Broncos Anderson in at RB for starters in first full 11 on 11

Big play for @ANU_NIKE91 ... Strip of Jeremy Stewart, scoop and score.

Special teams period now focusing on post-safety free kicks. Yesterday they practiced running back a short missed FG. Plan for everything.

Shelley Smith getting first-team reps at RG as Louis Vasquez gets veterans' day off.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 58m58 minutes ago

CJ anderson and Hillman shining today Hillman took to heart Kubiak advice to finish stronger #broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 59m59 minutes ago

Peyton hasn't left Greg Knapp's side this entire practice. He watches with the coaches on the field, not on the sideline with the players.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 57m57 minutes ago

In the span of 5 minutes, Osweiler makes a bad short throw to DT that is nearly picked, then finds him on a perfectly placed end-zone post.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 49m49 minutes ago

Outside shoulder fade TD from Osweiler to Palmer. Osweiler is getting very good at that particular throw.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 52m52 minutes ago

Just educated guess but it appears to be #broncos biggest crowd of camp. Berm full, tents full. Huge turnout

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 46m46 minutes ago

Nice block by Casey to spring Hillman on scoring run. Casey been consistent in all areas in camp. #broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 41m41 minutes ago

Joe Don Duncan got lit up on a run play. Was down a while with trainers. Being escorted by two trainers to the sideline.

Brandon McManus on target today. Nailed a 52-yarder

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 26m26 minutes ago

Ben Garland getting some first-reps at RG now.

VonDoom
08-09-2015, 12:43 PM
On another note ... how great is it that we will be watching Bronco football in just FIVE DAYS? All this training camp talk has gotten me ready to see what these guys can do against an actual opponent.

VonDoom
08-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Kubiak:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak said will use Monday off day to determine depth chart for Tuesday entering game week #Broncos

DT probably ready to play first game but Kubiak has not decided if he will play

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak impressed w CJ today Said good competition behind him. Needs to see them in games. Hillman has made impression #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#broncos Joe Don Duncan being evaluated for neck injury

Cool moment yesterday. Kubiak spent time after practice talking w Von Miller's parents. Miller has been dominant in camp #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

CJ Anderson will play fair amount in preseason Kubiak said it's a fine line. But CJ 's age allows for more time

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 01:11 PM
On another note ... how great is it that we will be watching Bronco football in just FIVE DAYS? All this training camp talk has gotten me ready to see what these guys can do against an actual opponent.

First off welcome back I hope the family vaction was good.

Yes it is exciting the Broncos football is back on in five days. :cheers:

Northman
08-09-2015, 01:15 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/08/08/terrell-davis-talks-broncos-peyton-manning-hall-of-fame-and-more/34921/
This whole HOF induction process is utterly ridiculous. How is a guy not worthy of the hall today, but in 5-10 years he will be? What a joke. Sad that TD to has to be put through this year after year after year

Except in some cases TD did more in 6 years than LT did in his entire career including receiving 2 SB rings.

MOtorboat
08-09-2015, 04:25 PM
I'm not going to argue he was better than LaDainian Tomlinson. I will sure as hell argue he was better than Jerome Bettis.

tomjonesrocks
08-09-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm not going to argue he was better than LaDainian Tomlinson. I will sure as hell argue he was better than Jerome Bettis.

Tomlinson was a joke in the playoffs. I mean a total embarrassment. Moping dead weight.

Comparable to Cutler as a leader when the going gets tough actually.

He couldn't hold TDs jock. Superior talent maybe but I couldn't fathom ranking Tomlinson over TD.

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 04:49 PM
All I know is Davis belongs in the Hall of Fame period.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Broncos coach Gary Kubiak loves his tight ends. So does Peyton Manning. But with the loss of Julius Thomas to free agency, Owen Daniels and Virgil Green face higher expectations and bigger roles in the new offense.

Daniels arrived in Denver equipped with experience with Kubiak both in Houston and Baltimore. And Green, who re-signed in March, has not been shy about using Daniels' knowledge.

"I'm a guy, if I don't know something, I will ask," Green said. "I won't hesitate to ask. I know I'm probably getting on his nerves, but he's doing a good job of hiding it.

rest, plus other things
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28611135/joe-don-duncan-injured-hard-hit-broncos-practice

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 08:35 PM
rest, plus other things
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28611135/joe-don-duncan-injured-hard-hit-broncos-practice

I hope Green has a productive year the passing game.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Ryan Harris remembers when he quit baseball. A hulking first baseman at Cretin-Derham Hall school in St. Paul, Minn., he buckled on his first curveball.

"I jumped out of the way," Harris said of his freshman year. "I couldn't hit it."

The right offensive tackle watched teammate Joe Mauer, who struck out once in high school, slug all pitches and figured it was time to move on. The two teamed on the gridiron. Mauer, a quarterback, turned down Florida State to join the Minnesota Twins. Harris went to Notre Dame, beginning a journey that has resembled a slalom course on his way back to the Broncos.

Once too young, once too injured, Harris believes he has found the right team at the right time. At age 30, the 6-foot-5, 302-pounder holds the Broncos starting job at right tackle, five years since he last played in Denver and two years since he worked for coach Gary Kubiak in Houston.

rest - http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/600026-Broncos-Training-Camp-8-9-15/page2

TXBRONC
08-09-2015, 10:16 PM
rest - http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/600026-Broncos-Training-Camp-8-9-15/page2

Harris was a good tackle when he was in Denver earlier in his career. If he can stay healthy he should be solid for Denver once again.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 09:38 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- If you must take away just one detail from the Broncos' 2015 training camp, it is this: No detail is too small and no potential situation is too far-fetched to not receive some preparation.

In the last two days, the Broncos worked on two rare, but realistic special-teams scenarios: missed field goal returns and free kicks after safeties. For Head Coach Gary Kubiak, this is all about laying a groundwork for a situation that might arise.

"The season's about recall. You can't stand out here every day and keep your guys out here doing those things every day, but you've got to throw it to them and talk about how you handle situations," he said. "There has to be great recall during the course of the season.

"We're going to hit it all. We've got what we call ‘mock situations' all the time where we're putting players through mind games, in a lot of ways, and coaches."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Day-10-Training-Camp-Takeaways-Osweiler-Thomas-find-timing/8201b580-e1e0-44ba-902b-cadbc148e794

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 44m

From this A.M. -- #Broncos expect big things from Cody Latimer, but he said he had to "regroup'' to make it happen -- http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/14089/cody-latimer-said-he-had-to-regroup-myself-to-get-ready-for-2015 …

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 11:42 AM
rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Day-10-Training-Camp-Takeaways-Osweiler-Thomas-find-timing/8201b580-e1e0-44ba-902b-cadbc148e794

From what has been reported the defense as whole has been the star of camp. Considering that defenses tend to gel a little faster than offense and all the new parts on the offensive line it's no wonder. Compound that with Denver has two All-Pro pass rushers on both flanks it no wonder it's been tough sledding for the offense. Oh yeah lets not forget the secondary which has been like a blanket on the receivers.

G_Money
08-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I still expect big things from Latimer. Dude has all kinds of talent. Once he wraps his brain around the offense and can just execute, he's gonna be a handful. DT didn't know what a route tree was when he got outta college either - it's a fixable problem, and we have good coaches. Because of the new rules (that weren't in existence for DT) the rookies can work out more than the vets, so Latimer got plenty of work - but not as much as he needed with Manning.

Here's hoping that passing camp got him on the right track. Getting to work against our DBs every day should also be very... instructional. He's not gonna see better as our 3rd threat on the field than he sees in camp.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 11:55 AM
I found the following interesting from the article on the Broncos website that I posted earlier today

But perhaps the most interesting detail of simulating the regular season is one that could have massive implications going forward: the presence of the team's recently hired Director of Analytics, Mitch Tanney, near Kubiak during game-simulation portions of practice.

"If we're moving the ball or we're doing formatting, I've got Mitch with me because he's going to be on the headset, so we're trying to practice," Kubiak said.

With Tanney nearby, Kubiak can receive a quick report on the statistical probabilities of almost any situation. Say that you have fourth-and-3 from the opponent's 45-yard-line with four minutes to go. Do the large-sample-size percentages make the risk-reward ratio acceptable enough to go for it? Tanney's analytics can provide insight to aid Kubiak's decision-making.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Day-10-Training-Camp-Takeaways-Osweiler-Thomas-find-timing/8201b580-e1e0-44ba-902b-cadbc148e794

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 11:57 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Wide receiver Cody Latimer has come a long way since his first training camp in 2014. A combination of his youth and jitters held him back from the season he was hoping for – but now he has a chance to make up for lost time.

“I just needed to have confidence in myself,” Latimer said. “Last year I was down. [I] was always nervous about getting in the huddle with Peyton [Manning] and not wanting to mess up. This year, it's just like, ‘Go out there and play fast.’ If you mess up, you mess up, as long as you're playing fast and keep making plays.”

Last season, Latimer just skimmed the surface of his ability. He was active in eight games and totaled two receptions for 23 yards and two kickoff returns for 22 yards.

rest, plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Cody-Latimer-%E2%80%98way-ahead%E2%80%99-of-where-he-was-last-year/cad59ed1-0fcb-495d-8177-dd5d1fcd43fd

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 12:23 PM
rest, plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Cody-Latimer-%E2%80%98way-ahead%E2%80%99-of-where-he-was-last-year/cad59ed1-0fcb-495d-8177-dd5d1fcd43fd

That is good to here, and t isn't unusual for young receivers to take a couple years to develop. Latimer has the physical skills to be perfect complement to D. Thomas just get down the mental part game then look out.

Spiritguy
08-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Not specifically training camp related but a great compilation of plays for CJ. Time to get excited about the running game! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiUm44Aum3A

NightTerror218
08-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Read in a report on Denver Post that Hillman has taken some snaps behind CJ and infront of Ball. Depth chart could be developing. If hillman makes it as change if pace type back then I do not see Bibbs making the 53 man roster but back on PS.

Casey is playing well and will no doubts make the tram as FB/TE and great ST.

Interesting to see how the depth charts turn out. Comes out today

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Not specifically training camp related but a great compilation of plays for CJ. Time to get excited about the running game! :D

I noticed on the early highlights from that video how well DT was blocking downfield.

underrated29
08-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Read in a report on Denver Post that Hillman has taken some snaps behind CJ and infront of Ball. Depth chart could be developing. If hillman makes it as change if pace type back then I do not see Bibbs making the 53 man roster but back on PS.

I bet anything bibbs makes it over hillman

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 01:06 PM

Don't be surprised if the carry four backs and I would bet that Hillman makes it one way or the other.

Valar Morghulis
08-10-2015, 01:19 PM

i bet the ruski.

NightTerror218
08-10-2015, 01:21 PM

Kubiak was praising hillman the other day. I think Bibbs goes PS.

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 01:23 PM

As I said I wouldn't be surprised if Denver keeps four running backs on the active roster.

G_Money
08-10-2015, 01:28 PM

That's not necessarily indicative of a good job by Hillman. If he's not doing what he needs to do with 3rd team guys then you want to see him getting reps with the better OL and against the better defenders to measure him.

We have 5 RBs: CJ, Ball, Hillman, Thompson and Bibbs. Thompson can play some FB and is really a great special teams guy, so I expect him to make it as the last back. Special teams is an underrated aspect when you get to 3rd and 4th stringers, and Hillman is pretty invisible there. Bibbs and Hillman have to be competing for one slot if that's the case, because we're not taking 5 on the active roster. Bibbs can go back to the practice squad if we can get him through waivers, while Hillman can't. Bibbs has that gear that Hillman doesn't really show in games, though. If you want a change of pace back then it might be better to go with the guy with more gears. Just a thought. Especially since Bibbs is also the bigger back.

Of course, being a RB in this system requires a good knowledge of blocking schemes and pass-blocking awareness. I dunno that I like either Hillman or Bibbs in that regard.

So I guess I'm watching the pre-season running back battle from a standpoint of who is in the right spot, making the right reads and performing their role. I like Bibbs. Those open-field moments with him are exciting in ways that Hillman has rarely been.

But you can't get to the open field if you're unable to read your keys, hit the holes and pass-block when required. Because if you can't do those things you won't be on the field.

The first step to success is showing up, but the second is knowing your shit. We'll see who's better at that soon. Isn't it game day yet?

underrated29
08-10-2015, 01:49 PM
i bet the ruski.

You can have her:

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/20090312/mug_shots_06.jpg

underrated29
08-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Don't be surprised if the carry four backs and I would bet that Hillman makes it one way or the other.

4 backs is quite a lot. We may keep 4. I still doubt hillman is one of the four.
We know CJ and Ball are locks. We know that the other 1 or 2 spots will also be guys who play ST.....Hillman does not.

I also re-watched bibbs in the preseason from last year. He reminds me a lot of Steve Slaton. I think Bibbs is going to fit this like a Glove!!!

Also, let us not forget hillman goes down way to easy. You have to break arm tackles int he zbs. Hillman is not good at doing that and I doubt our OL makes enough holes for any RB to run through clean. We shall see once the game action starts. I have major doubts about hillmans ability to produce in this offense and I have a lot of positives about Bibbs. Friday is so far away.

G_Money
08-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I think I see a little too much Clinton Portis in Bibbs to kick him to the curb, when the best that Hillman seems to be able to be IS a change-of-pace, 8-carries-and-a-couple-catches sort of player. I'd rather bet long with my backs that are down the depth chart instead of getting niche players who can only survive with limited exposure.

Just my personal preference in roster management. I know it's a specialists' game, but I dunno what about Hillman is all that specialized.

But that's why they play the games, and also why I'm not in charge of roster management.

Buff
08-10-2015, 02:05 PM
I think I see a little too much Clinton Portis in Bibbs to kick him to the curb, when the best that Hillman seems to be able to be IS a change-of-pace, 8-carries-and-a-couple-catches sort of player. I'd rather bet long with my backs that are down the depth chart instead of getting niche players who can only survive with limited exposure.

Just my personal preference in roster management. I know it's a specialists' game, but I dunno what about Hillman is all that specialized.

But that's why they play the games, and also why I'm not in charge of roster management.

I do agree that Hillman might have a lower ceiling than some of the others just due to his size - but I disagree with your earlier characterization that Bibbs might be a better change of pace back. Bibbs is notably slower than Ronnie, and while Ronnie hasn't broken the long one, he's been close and rattled off a few chunks of big yardage. And I think there is more value in having a different skillset for different situations - assuming we can afford a RB slot that doesn't play special teams. Hillman might end up being too specialized to justify a roster spot.

G_Money
08-10-2015, 02:10 PM
I do agree that Hillman might have a lower ceiling than some of the others just due to his size - but I disagree with your earlier characterization that Bibbs might be a better change of pace back. Bibbs is notably slower than Ronnie, and while Ronnie hasn't broken the long one, he's been close and rattled off a few chunks of big yardage. And I think there is more value in having a different skillset for different situations - assuming we can afford a RB slot that doesn't play special teams. Hillman might end up being too specialized to justify a roster spot.

Bibbs is not notably slower, Buff - I promise you. Hillman might be shiftier, but Bibbs plays faster in pads and runs at least as fast in a straight line too (at least when not hampered by a turf toe). It's possible that it's the shiftiness we're looking for, but if something happens to CJ and Ball, I think Bibbs can carry the rock a lot. I don't feel the same about Hillman.

Maybe I'm under-rating Ronnie. We'll see about that specialization issue though.

Northman
08-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Hillman started to improve last year between the tackles before going down. Kubes has said he has looked good in practice this year along with Ball and CJ. Ive heard nothing about Bibbs so i dont think he will boot Hillman out of a spot. I dont think Bibbs has made a big enough impact on the coaches.

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Hillman started to improve last year between the tackles before going down. Kubes has said he has looked good in practice this year along with Ball and CJ. Ive heard nothing about Bibbs so i dont think he will boot Hillman out of a spot. I dont think Bibbs has made a big enough impact on the coaches.

Exactly, before Hillman got hurt he had noticeable improved.. He showed he can carry the ball more than eight times. He's no bell cow but he can handle more than eight carries.

underrated29
08-10-2015, 02:23 PM

Off topic here a little bit, but OMG does anyone else see Clinton Portis in Melvon Gordon!??? Im so pissed the chargers got him and he is my ulitmate sleeper in FF this year. I am just praying he looks like crap or has a slight injury so that people dont see how good he is and he falls to me in rd 3 (i pick last).

Gordon= Portis (imo better than portis even)...

As for bibbs I see steve slaton but I bet we get a nice good long look at him in this preseason. Im telling you guys, I made a thread a few months back about our surprise guys for TC and Bibbs was mine. Im really thinking he does very very well.

G_Money
08-10-2015, 02:25 PM
As long as Hillman is much improved, that'll be fine. I don't have a horse in the race, but I've been down on Hillman since we traded up for him. He got pulled down in from behind in college against Mountain West foes a few too many times for my liking. He and Knowshon both took a while to get used to the NFL game, which isn't a crime - just irritating.

Luckily there are at least two dudes higher on the depth chart than Hillman to start with, so we don't need him to be that bell cow. We just need him to be available and to avoid injuries. If he can fit what we're trying to do on offense and provide wrinkles for the defense, that's fine.

That's also all I need out of Bibbs.

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 02:31 PM
As long as Hillman is much improved, that'll be fine. I don't have a horse in the race, but I've been down on Hillman since we traded up for him. He got pulled down in from behind in college against Mountain West foes a few too many times for my liking. He and Knowshon both took a while to get used to the NFL game, which isn't a crime - just irritating.

Luckily there are at least two dudes higher on the depth chart than Hillman to start with, so we don't need him to be that bell cow. We just need him to be available and to avoid injuries. If he can fit what we're trying to do on offense and provide wrinkles for the defense, that's fine.

That's also all I need out of Bibbs.

Kubiak said not to long ago that he's not against having a bell cow but historically MO showed that Kubiak throws the ball almost 55% of the time. The lead back in the offense is probably going average 20 to 25 per game.

Valar Morghulis
08-10-2015, 02:32 PM
You can have her: http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/20090312/mug_shots_06.jpg

They don't age well lol

underrated29
08-10-2015, 02:46 PM
They don't age well lol

They seem to be an all or nothing breed. Either super hot with amazing genetics or the above. Her mom is mid 60s and shes still pretty darn attractive. Practically the same face

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I still think we should use Hillman in the return game, then we can keep an extra back on the roster.

NightTerror218
08-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Hillman jumped ball for 2nd team reps with Kubiak saying this style is fitting him. So we shall see.

NightTerror218
08-10-2015, 03:24 PM
4 backs is quite a lot. We may keep 4. I still doubt hillman is one of the four.
We know CJ and Ball are locks. We know that the other 1 or 2 spots will also be guys who play ST.....Hillman does not.

I also re-watched bibbs in the preseason from last year. He reminds me a lot of Steve Slaton. I think Bibbs is going to fit this like a Glove!!!

Also, let us not forget hillman goes down way to easy. You have to break arm tackles int he zbs. Hillman is not good at doing that and I doubt our OL makes enough holes for any RB to run through clean. We shall see once the game action starts. I have major doubts about hillmans ability to produce in this offense and I have a lot of positives about Bibbs. Friday is so far away.

Hillman checked into camp heavier this year. Anyone know what official weights were for TC?

underrated29
08-10-2015, 03:27 PM
No clue NT, but Hillman only got a few reps w the second team. Just like MOntee only got a few reps ahead of CJ with the 1s. Hillman did not receive majority reps ahead of ball. Just a few for that one point. Just like Juwann did.

pnbronco
08-10-2015, 03:38 PM
The depth chart is out:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

I can't believe that Caldwell is with the 2nd's. Hillman is listed with the 3's..... I know it's early. :D

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 03:48 PM
The depth chart is out:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

I can't believe that Caldwell is with the 2nd's. Hillman is listed with the 3's..... I know it's early. :D

Well, Caldwell would technically be a #4 WR at this point (if you assume Latimer is really a #3) so that sounds about right currently. As you say, Hillman is listed as a #3 with Bibbs as an "other". That may or may not mean anything.

BTW, our current 1st string OL is Sambrailo/Garcia/Paradis/Vasquez/Harris - glad to see Garcia there. Haven't heard much about Harris this TC, but he moved ahead of Schofield since mini camp.

On defense, not many surprises, but the one that stood out to me is the NT depth - Marvin Austin is listed as "other" behind Sly, Kilgo and Sione Fua. Anyone else surprised by this? Austin was a nice find last year and I figured he'd at least get some playing time but he's buried as of now.

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Also, I thought Doss was a boss - what happened, Wave? He's behind Curtis Marsh as of now.

I hadn't looked at special teams until now. No winners on the kicking front yet. I like that Bolden is the return man for both kicks and punts as of now, and that Sanders is nowhere to be found on the PR depth.

underrated29
08-10-2015, 03:54 PM
I think austin has been hurt which is why he is there. Cant be high on the depth chart when you are hurt and not practicing.

MOtorboat
08-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Why are people surprised Caldwell is a No. 2? He's been in that same spot for three seasons and there's nothing behind him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Depth chart for first preseason game. May not be exactly the same for first regular season game.

NightTerror218
08-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Why are people surprised Caldwell is a No. 2? He's been in that same spot for three seasons and there's nothing behind him.

I am ready for Caldwell and Carter to move on for some younger blood.

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Depth chart for first preseason game. May not be exactly the same for first regular season game.

Correct. As you all can see, DT isn't even listed.

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
I am ready for Caldwell and Carter to move on for some younger blood.

I'm pretty much the same. Carter won't see much action and we need depth, so I can understand why he's there. Caldwell is a veteran on this team, so he'll be listed high. But we keep hearing about how great the young WR are showing in TC, so I'd like to see them get a shot

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Correct. As you all can see, DT isn't even listed.

He's listed as the #1 WR

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 04:30 PM
He's listed as the #1 WR

I'm an idiot! I didn't notice that first line! Thanks for pointing that out.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Denver Post's version is easier to read

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28616143/denver-broncos-depth-chart-2015

Buff
08-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty much the same. Carter won't see much action and we need depth, so I can understand why he's there. Caldwell is a veteran on this team, so he'll be listed high. But we keep hearing about how great the young WR are showing in TC, so I'd like to see them get a shot

I can more easily justify Caldwell, who knows all of his assignments on offense and special teams (even though he still makes physical mistakes), and is still as fast as anybody. Carter is undersized, can't tackle, and is prone to killer PI penalties in key situations.

Northman
08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
It makes sense that Caldwell is listed with the seconds. Not sure why that is a surprise.

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 04:51 PM
It makes sense that Caldwell is listed with the seconds. Not sure why that is a surprise.

I'm not surprised. Disappointed maybe :lol:

Magnificent Seven
08-10-2015, 04:55 PM
I think Juwan Thompson should play fullback.

I am surprised that Bradley Roby is not a starter. I am not sold on Darian Stewart. It would be cool if Roby takes over his place.

The left O-line is all rookies. Man, I am worried about that.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos morning practice closed to public tomorrow due to storm damage. Plan accordingly. Again, no open practice Tuesday for fans.

They just showed this on ch9 - right now, the practice field is flooded

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:12 PM
How is Talib in Camp?

Is he Iced Up this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XeL8cLjrA

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:13 PM
He is still on the team? Wtf?

With all 5 catches in 2 years?

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 05:34 PM
He is still on the team? Wtf?

With all 5 catches in 2 years?

Says the guy who REALLY wanted an unproven, never played in the NFL kicker...

Besides - Caldwell had 5 catches last year. He's had 22 since becoming a Broncos player. I'd guess it's a bit tough to get a lot of time and attention with Sanders and Thomas on the roster.

SR
08-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Says the guy who REALLY wanted an unproven, never played in the NFL kicker... Besides - Caldwell had 5 catches last year. He's had 22 since becoming a Broncos player. I'd guess it's a bit tough to get a lot of time and attention with Sanders and Thomas on the roster.

Decker and Welker too.

Spiritguy
08-10-2015, 05:36 PM
New blood for camp

It was reported by Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle that the Denver Broncos (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/denver-broncos) were awarded offensive tackle Matt Hall (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/245513/matt-hall) off waivers from the Indianapolis Colts (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/indianapolis-colts).

Hall is a 6'9", 324lb left tackle who was an undrafted free agent for the Minnesota Vikings (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/minnesota-vikings) last season. He was eventually waived by the Vikings and claimed by the Indianapolis Colts. He bounced on and off the Colts roster for a year, and was recently waived by them this past Saturday. That's when the Broncos put in a waiver claim for the 6'9 offensive tackle.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8/10/9128389/broncos-claim-offensive-tackle-matt-hall-and-waive-receiver-david (http://[URL="http://[/FONT")

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 05:37 PM
New blood for camp

It was reported by Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle that the Denver Broncos (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/denver-broncos) were awarded offensive tackle Matt Hall (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/245513/matt-hall) off waivers from the Indianapolis Colts (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/indianapolis-colts).

Hall is a 6'9", 324lb left tackle who was an undrafted free agent for the Minnesota Vikings (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/minnesota-vikings) last season. He was eventually waived by the Vikings and claimed by the Indianapolis Colts. He bounced on and off the Colts roster for a year, and was recently waived by them this past Saturday. That's when the Broncos put in a waiver claim for the 6'9 offensive tackle.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8/10/9128389/broncos-claim-offensive-tackle-matt-hall-and-waive-receiver-david (http://[URL="http://[/FONT")

:championship:

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Says the guy who REALLY wanted an unproven, never played in the NFL kicker...

Besides - Caldwell had 5 catches last year. He's had 22 since becoming a Broncos player. I'd guess it's a bit tough to get a lot of time and attention with Sanders and Thomas on the roster.
What is proven about Caldwell?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2015, 05:40 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos’ training camp practice on Tuesday will be closed to the public due to damage sustained to the fields, parking lots and viewing areas at UCHealth Training Center during Monday’s storm.

The team will still practice Tuesday from 9:30-11:30 a.m. MT.

“We are very disappointed that today’s storm damage has forced us to close Tuesday’s practice to our fans, who have shown such incredible support to the Broncos throughout the first part of training camp,” Broncos Vice President of Operations Chip Conway said. “Our operations and grounds crews are working diligently to restore all necessary areas so that we can re-open the UCHealth Training Center to fans as soon as possible.”

pictures of damage
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Tuesday-Aug-11-training-camp-practice-closed-to-public/95167021-721b-4e32-93cb-27054cdea565

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:41 PM
guys has never even gone over 500 yards in a season...

please.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4730/andre-caldwell

MOtorboat
08-10-2015, 05:43 PM
guys has never even gone over 500 yards in a season...

please.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4730/andre-caldwell

Sometimes, players become backups. And that's Ok, too.

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Sometimes, players become backups. And that's Ok, too.

Exactly. 147 catches for 1,400+ yards and 9 TD's is far worse than some kicker that no one has ever heard of before. :rolleyes:

I get those are stats that DT might put up in a single season, but pretty respectable for a backup WR.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:47 PM
in 7 seasons....
go ahead and defend that. i wont stop you. just gunna sit back and eat some :popcorn:

MOtorboat
08-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Exactly. 147 catches for 1,400+ yards and 9 TD's is far worse than some kicker that no one has ever heard of before. :rolleyes:

I get those are stats that DT might put up in a single season, but pretty respectable for a backup WR.

No, Joe, it's not good enough. The Broncos should have signed a pro bowler so he could sit on the bench, just in case.

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 05:49 PM
in 7 seasons....
go ahead and defend that. i wont stop you.

And your kicker friend has done what in the NFL?

Zero.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:51 PM
i am glad you are comparing andre caldwell to a punter.
:elefant:

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 05:52 PM
i am glad you are comparing andre caldwell to a punter.
:elefant:

I'm sad to report you often times have no fricking clue what you're talking about.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 05:54 PM
you just made my case for me. Thanks.

You are comparing a WR to a walk on punter. You win. :lol:

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 06:05 PM
How is Talib in Camp?

Is he Iced Up this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XeL8cLjrA

Talib has been great so far, from what I've heard. Seems like he's picking off Manning every day.

I am surprised that Bradley Roby is not a starter. I am not sold on Darian Stewart. It would be cool if Roby takes over his place.

We've got Casey and Duncan at the FB spot. I'd like to see Juwan make the team and get a few carries a game.

Roby is a CB. They've said as much this off season. I'm not saying he'll never see the field in the FS spot, but Stewart is the starter and Roby will be out there as the nickle CB as planned.

VonDoom
08-10-2015, 06:06 PM
As North said, we picked up an OT. The corresponding roster move:

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 8m8 minutes ago

On today's roster report to the NFL, #Broncos have claimed T Matt Hall and waived WR David Porter. Hall spent '14 season on IR w/Colts.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Talib has been great so far, from what I've heard. Seems like he's picking off Manning every day.

Nice. Couple friends and i are going to camp this week. I am pumped.

Spiritguy
08-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Training camp practice will be closed to fans on Tuesday, August 11 after a torrential downpour hit Dove Valley Monday, leaving the field and operations crew to float on inflatable somethings, paddle with snow shovels, and pose for funny pictures.

Presumably, the Broncos will head indoors and practice there instead Tuesday while the operations crew figures out how to make a pond a football field again.

"We are very disappointed that today’s storm damage has forced us to close Tuesday’s practice to our fans, who have shown such incredible support to the Broncos throughout the first part of training camp," Broncos Vice President of Operations Chip Conway said in a statement. "Our operations and grounds crews are working diligently to restore all necessary areas so that we can re-open the UCHealth Training Center to fans as soon as possible."

The Denver Broncos have tweeted that Wednesday's practice status is still a bit murky (https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/630873597108551680) (get it?). Reportedly, the practice field got hit with 3.5 inches of rain in one hour.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8/10/9128557/broncos-training-camp-practice-closed-tuesday-due-to-storm

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Training camp practice will be closed to fans on Tuesday, August 11 after a torrential downpour hit Dove Valley Monday, leaving the field and operations crew to float on inflatable somethings, paddle with snow shovels, and pose for funny pictures.

Presumably, the Broncos will head indoors and practice there instead Tuesday while the operations crew figures out how to make a pond a football field again.

"We are very disappointed that today’s storm damage has forced us to close Tuesday’s practice to our fans, who have shown such incredible support to the Broncos throughout the first part of training camp," Broncos Vice President of Operations Chip Conway said in a statement. "Our operations and grounds crews are working diligently to restore all necessary areas so that we can re-open the UCHealth Training Center to fans as soon as possible."

The Denver Broncos have tweeted that Wednesday's practice status is still a bit murky (https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/630873597108551680) (get it?). Reportedly, the practice field got hit with 3.5 inches of rain in one hour.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8/10/9128557/broncos-training-camp-practice-closed-tuesday-due-to-storm

we still are in a drought, so any rain is nice! Even though it did rain for like a month straight. Thanks for posting. Will have to change days

MOtorboat
08-10-2015, 06:56 PM
we still are in a drought, so any rain is nice! Even though it did rain for like a month straight. Thanks for posting. Will have to change days

Colorado hasn't been in a drought for over two years. http://drought.unl.edu/Home.aspx

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 07:01 PM
i am pretty sure parts of CO are still considered a "light drought". maybe we are out of it though.

http://www.profarmer.com/Image%20Library/MainNav/news/2015/March%202015/drought_march262015.png

SR
08-10-2015, 07:03 PM
i am pretty sure parts of CO are still considered a "light drought". maybe we are out of it though.

Sweet backpedal.

BroncoJoe
08-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Some people have no fricken clue what they're talking about.

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 08:09 PM

Right now he's not going to play ahead of Talib or Harris.

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 08:12 PM
:championship:

That is only true if played for the Rams or is known personally by Chronic. :nod:

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 08:18 PM
lies.

speaking of former Rams. Has anybody noticed anything out of Shelly Smith?

Davii
08-10-2015, 08:25 PM
lies.

We've been knowing that.

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 08:26 PM
i think its hilarious you cant get past the fact i know a backup punter.

CHS Greyhounds 4 life. Wut wut. We chase you down cause were fast like the dog!

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 08:33 PM
#buthowcouldheknowthemascotoftheHSteam???

Dzone
08-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Why not sure of Darian Stewart at safety? Are we better off with stewart or rahim?

ShaneFalco
08-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Why not sure of Darian Stewart at safety? Are we better off with stewart or rahim?

stewart can hit, but sells out when he does it. Not a great coverage guy, but decent enough. I would say better then rahim.

SR
08-10-2015, 08:36 PM
i think its hilarious you cant get past the fact i know a backup punter. CHS Greyhounds 4 life. Wut wut. We chase you down cause were fast like the dog!

You think someone can't get over that? How not smart are you?

TXBRONC
08-10-2015, 09:25 PM
You think someone can't get over that? How not smart are you?

Is that a trick question?

SR
08-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Is that a trick question?

I didn't wanna call him stupid and get reported