PDA

View Full Version : John Elway ready for Broncos camp, has high hopes for season

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2015, 04:37 PM
The wait is almost over. The Broncos reported to Dove Valley Thursday preparing to get back on the field and kick off training camp, which begins Friday.

"I feel good about where we are now," Broncos general manager John Elway said. "Hopefully this is our year."

Elway said no players will begin the season on the physically unable to perform list. The plan is to move linebackers Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall along slowly as they recover from injuries. That plan also will hold true for Demaryius Thomas as he arrives for Broncos workouts for the first time after sitting out organized team activities and workouts with the team as he negotiated a new contract.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28561961/john-elway-ready-broncos-camp-has-high-hopes

CrazyHorse
07-31-2015, 01:17 AM
Super Bowl or Bust!

tubby
07-31-2015, 01:42 AM
Boo-yow!

Poet
07-31-2015, 02:57 AM
You guys still have a Super Bowl contending roster. That's pretty dope. Wade Phillips is going to make you guys swoon with Von Miller. While I don't think Kubiak is anything more than a middling coach, he isn't a passionless automaton like John Fox, so that's a bonus.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2015, 10:02 AM
Two autumns ago, Peyton Manning finished sixth all-time with a whopping 659 single-season pass attempts. He won't come anywhere close to that mark in 2015.

By all indications, the Broncos are planning to churn out an even-keeled attack that allows Manning to make more use of his backs -- just as John Elway did in Denver over his final two Super Bowl-winning seasons in 1997 and 1998.

"Number one, we're going to have good balance on the offensive side," Elway, now the team's general manager, said Thursday. "What I can say, late in my career, that was my best friend, the running game. And I think that running game will be Peyton's best friend also."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505250/article/elway-broncos-run-game-will-be-mannings-best-friend

Jsteve01
07-31-2015, 07:24 PM
You guys still have a Super Bowl contending roster. That's pretty dope. Wade Phillips is going to make you guys swoon with Von Miller. While I don't think Kubiak is anything more than a middling coach, he isn't a passionless automaton like John Fox, so that's a bonus. im a homer but i like to look at the 2013 Texans team as a perfect world scenario. I think the thing we are all excited to see is more dedication to teaching the game to our youngsters. Kubes, wade, denison, barone an d kolar are all known to be teachers. This alone excites me

Poet
07-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Kubiak will let the kids play if the situation says so. There's that to look forward to.

BroncoWave
07-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Kubiak will let the kids play if the situation says so. There's that to look forward to.

Hopefully this isn't a "be careful what you wish for" type of scenario. If many of these young guys suck, Fox might not look so bad for benching them afterall. I do hope that is not the case though.

TXBRONC
07-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Hopefully this isn't a "be careful what you wish for" type of scenario. If many of these young guys suck, Fox might not look so bad for benching them afterall. I do hope that is not the case though.

It's always a possibily but I have feeling that Elway has done a better job of drafing than what some people think.