PDA

View Full Version : Training camp press conference, 7/30/15

VonDoom
07-30-2015, 02:57 PM
They apparently changed Dove Valley to the UCHealth Training Center. Joe Ellis and the CEO of UCHealth unveiled a banner there. They eventually got to football questions (Elway, Kubiak, etc to come).

Joe Ellis:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Joe Ellis on Goodell's handling of Brady ban: "I respect and understand his role to uphold the integrity of the game."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos CEO Joe Ellis on Goodell's Brady ruling: "I spend my time concerned with the Broncos and I am focused on what we do here"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Joe Ellis: "Last year at training camp was pretty flat, I think all of you know that." Looks forward to having fans back at camp.

Joe Ellis on Elway and Kubiak: "they both have the same goal in mind."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Joe Ellis says he doesn't want to speak on whether one of the Bowlen children is closer to stepping up. "No real timetable" on transition.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos Ellis: "I hope we continue our success. We would like to go a little bit further in the tournament. That's the goal."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Joe Ellis says he can't project whether Pat Bowlen will be on hand for his Ring of Fame induction ceremony on Nov. 1 at the Green Bay game.

VonDoom
07-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Elway:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

John Elway: "It's a great situation for Peyton to be able to play for a guy like Gary."

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 5m5 minutes ago

Elway says team will start Trevathan / Marshall off slowly. Won't put anyone on PUP list.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Elway on O-line: "I'm excited about it because I think we have a chance to really be good there. But they're young."

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

John Elway on Jake Long status: "We're doing our homework on it...never count anything out". Long left without a contract offer.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Elway: "It's important that (Peyton) is a part of the time management process. ... I think he's getting better with it."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: "Late in my career, that was my best friend, the running game. There was never a thought in my mind that this wasn't going to work."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 33s33 seconds ago

Elway on @demaryiust: "I like his mindset that he set that goal. I'm hoping that he can get there. You never know."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Elway said he believes team better today than last year. Confident Kubiak-manning partnership will work #broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 52s53 seconds ago

Elway on Brock: "I feel good about Brock and I feel good about his progress. ... We will get something worked out later."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23s23 seconds ago

Elway: "I feel good about where we are now. Hopefully this is the year."

Elway on the level of pisstitude (my word) by him and Peyton after last year's early exit: "I think it was pretty much a tie."

Elway on Smith: "that situation hasn't changed."

Elway on O-line: "They bright, they're tough and they want to be good. It's just a matter of how fast they come along."

VonDoom
07-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Kubiak:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 37s38 seconds ago

Kubiak said he'll be doing a lot of play calling but will let Peyton still have some leeway to audible

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31s32 seconds ago

Kubiak: "I'm really excited about our defense ..." Likes depth at LB, DB and is concerned about the depth on DL.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We're going to be very young up front and there's nothing wrong with that."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We're going to get @CodyLatimer14 in the mix, get him more involved this year."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Chris Clark will move over to LT at various times in camp. Kubiak says team will be "very aggressive" in moving players around early in camp

Kubiak on Wolfe suspension: "he has to be ready to play week 1 like everyone else."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Kenny Anunike "was one of the standout players" throughout the offseason, Kubiak said. "The effort's there, the ability's there."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak: Trevathan & Marshall will not be turned loose tomorrow, but they got some "good work" with the rookies in practice this week.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: Virgil Green had some "hamstring issues" and "various soft tissue stuff" in the offseason. Ready to go, but reps will be limited.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Also Antonio Smith and Demaryius Thomas will be eased in bc missed offseason workouts. Want to see where they are physically before full go

Kubiak said he though Peyton's arm looked really good and overall physical health looked really good.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak: Osweiler "needs to go out there every third or fourth day (in camp) and prove he can run the team."

Kubiak: "we're here to win the championship."

Kubiak on Osweiler: "He gets to sit there and learn from the best."

VonDoom
07-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Emmanuel Sanders:

.@ESanders_10 on @DemaryiusT signing: "I think he's deserving of all of it. I'm just glad to have him back."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

.@ESanders_10 on Demaryius wanting to set NFL records: "For me, I want to be the best receiver in the NFL. You want guys to think like that.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 37s37 seconds ago

.@ESanders_10: "Kubiak has had a lot of success. That's why Elway believes in him and that's why I believe in him."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14s15 seconds ago

E. Sanders on DT wanting to break NFL single-season record. "I love that. I want to break records too. But it's about winning Super Bowl"

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 3m3 minutes ago

"When Demaryius wasn't here ... I got a chance to be a leader, and I learned a lot from that." - @ESanders_10

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Sanders said his goal last year was to earn Peyton's trust. Said almost blew his quad out last camp to do it..

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders said it's "very big" that Osweiler will get the extra 1st-team work. He said he will try to get more indiv. work w/ Oz, too

Emmanuel Sanders said play action in offense could help broncos use speed even more in his routes #Broncos

.@ESanders_10 on Elway's "kicking and screaming" mentality: "I feel like we have a nucleus of guys who have the same mindset."

.@ESanders_10 said he's big on @CodyLatimer14 and expects him to have a big year.

Sanders said team is better this year bcause of improved camaraderie. "Camaraderie can beat athleticism. And we can have both" #Broncos

VonDoom
07-30-2015, 04:48 PM
DeMarcus Ware:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m45 minutes ago

DWare on Antonio Smith "I know he will be ready. He will come into camp sharp and ready to go." #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 44m44 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware talks up Kenny Anunike. Kubiak did earlier. Clearly the Broncos are high on @ANU_NIKE91's progress.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 44m44 minutes ago

.@DeMarcusWare: "I think @ANU_NIKE91, seeing how hungry he was ... he really stood out to a lot of guys."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 44m44 minutes ago

"Defense always wins championships." - @DeMarcusWare

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

Dware said, "This defense is predicated on pressure. We are going to wreak more havoc." #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 43m43 minutes ago

.@DeMarcusWare said having a full offseason will help him be more consistent this season.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

DWare "I asked where did that guy go (after second half dropoff). I only had half an offseason bc of injures. I had a full offseason"

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 42m42 minutes ago

.@DeMarcusWare: "Camp is when you knock the dust off. And the only way to knock the dust off is with hits."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 41m41 minutes ago

.@DeMarcusWare on @X_RAYted56: "I'm going to groom him up the best way I can."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

DWare "I am glad to have Danny (Trevathan) and Brandon (Marshall) back.They do everything quick.They know how to fill their gaps." #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

DWare said that having S. Johnson and Todd Davis gives the linebackers "like four starters. We have more depth."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 39m39 minutes ago

#Broncos DWare on Sly Williams. "We kept our thumb on. Now you see him, and he's making plays. He has to do it everyday now."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 37m37 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware: "I think this year we are a better team because we have guys that have been playing together from last year."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 36m36 minutes ago

"I came here to win a championship ... It's going to be a good year. I'm looking forward to it." - @DeMarcusWare

BroncoJoe
07-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the recaps Von.