PDA

View Full Version : Bill Barnwell's top 100 NFL players on Grantland

BroncoWave
07-28-2015, 06:21 PM
I think his list is a bit too QB heavy at the top, but overall better than the stupid one that did not include Chris Harris.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nfl-100-rankings-part-1/

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nfl-100-rankings-2015-part-2/

Broncos Ranked:

5: Peyton Manning
15: Von Miller
33: DeMaryius Thomas
61: Aquib Talib
62: Chris Harris, Jr.
81: Louis Vasquez
87: DeMarcus Ware

VonDoom
07-28-2015, 08:36 PM
I respect Barnwell greatly (though I think he had too much of a hot take on Brady after the Hardy suspension was reduced) and think he's on the right track here. Any list like this will be debatable but he does a good job of explaining his methods and reasoning

Poet
07-28-2015, 09:53 PM
He really put too many QB's too high on that list, but his reasoning is actually defensible.

I am a huge fan of how he understands and respects the coverage skills and overall worth to a defense some safeties have.

BroncoWave
07-29-2015, 07:43 AM
He really put too many QB's too high on that list, but his reasoning is actually defensible.

I am a huge fan of how he understands and respects the coverage skills and overall worth to a defense some safeties have.

Yeah, I totally get his reasoning as well, but I have a hard time putting guys like Romo and Wilson in the top 10 overall in the NFL.

Now if this were a top 100 most valuable list, then yeah, chock it full of QBs at the top because they are the most valuable players pretty much always.

But in a list of top 100 best players, I think more weight should be given to how good a player is compared to other guys at his position (which he did at least acknowledge in his summary of JJ Watt).

Poet
07-29-2015, 07:49 AM
I actually don't have an issue with Romo being in the top ten as he played a great year and really stepped up to the plate, especially through the injuries he had.

Wilson being in the top twenty-five in general is just wrong. He's not a good passer. If he had to lead a passing attack based offense he would crumble, and his playstyle and abilities makes him only a perfect fit for the 'Hawks. If he leaves in free agency some team is going to inherit a guy who can't sniff numbers a real pro bowl QB can make.

But, he 'run's and has 'intangibles' so I can't play media guys for overvaluing him. Regardless, it's a real list that provides real reasoning and deserves to be addressed with rebuttals that do the same thing.