PDA

View Full Version : Poor Chargers....they just never knew what was coming that night

Northman
07-28-2015, 03:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niPj0iT859g

Northman
07-28-2015, 03:40 PM
That game makes me miss Doom and Deck. Made some great plays that night.

VonDoom
07-28-2015, 03:51 PM
This was at the point in the season where we were 2-3 and getting pounded by the Chargers. I remember thinking that Manning wasn't going to work here as I felt the season slipping away.

I'm glad I was wrong about that.

Valar Morghulis
07-28-2015, 03:54 PM
I loved that play by PFM when he got caught in the pocket, avoided the pressure, made lovely jump play before making a pass - that is actually one of my favourite broncos single plays. It is up there with TD snapping that boy in half during the pre-season game and the helicopter play for me.

Valar Morghulis
07-28-2015, 04:07 PM
I loved that play by PFM when he got caught in the pocket, avoided the pressure, made lovely jump play before making a pass - that is actually one of my favourite broncos single plays. It is up there with TD snapping that boy in half during the pre-season game and the helicopter play for me.

maybe i am confused, i cant find that clip on youtube

BroncoJoe
07-28-2015, 04:09 PM
As much as I hate to admit - I love those baby blue uniforms.

BroncoWave
07-28-2015, 06:26 PM
That game was the tipping point of the Peyton Manning era here. As VonDoom said, it was looking pretty shaky at 2-3 and getting killed in that game, but man, the rest was history after that.

I had actually turned the channel at halftime and turned it back in the 3rd quarter just to see how bad it had gotten and I'm glad i stuck around after that. What an incredible game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-28-2015, 06:32 PM
maybe i am confused, i cant find that clip on youtube

I'm with you Dave. I'm highly skeptical whenever I see "Manning" and "jumping" in the same sentence.

OrangeHoof
07-28-2015, 07:14 PM
I remember turning that game off just before halftime. Still recorded it though.

Dapper Dan
07-28-2015, 08:44 PM
I remember watching the game and hoping we would come back.

BroncoWave
07-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I remember watching the game and hoping we would come back.

As opposed to the games when we fall behind and you aren't hoping we would come back? :D

Dapper Dan
07-28-2015, 08:55 PM
As opposed to the games when we fall behind and you aren't hoping we would come back? :D

No. If I'm able to watch, I watch the entire game. It's not very often I change the channel or turn off a game. It can lead to some good memories. I remember Tennessee losing at LSU 21-0 at the half.

BroncoWave
07-28-2015, 08:59 PM
No. If I'm able to watch, I watch the entire game. It's not very often I change the channel or turn off a game. It can lead to some good memories. I remember Tennessee losing at LSU 21-0 at the half.

Oh I know, I just found it funny that you felt the need to clarify that you were hoping we would come back, as that would seemingly be the default position when the team you are rooting for is losing.

Dapper Dan
07-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Oh I know, I just found it funny that you felt the need to clarify that you were hoping we would come back, as that would seemingly be the default position when the team you are rooting for is losing.

Oh. I just woke up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-28-2015, 10:34 PM
Man, I felt awful for the Charger fans that night.

Bahahaha!!!

EastCoastBronco
07-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Fantastic game.
History gives the credit to Manning but anyone with a pair of eyes knows it was the D that pulled our ass out of the fire.
They played inspired football and it infected the entire team.
When the second half of the SB against the Seahawks started I was actually thinking of this game and hoping for something similar.

tomjonesrocks
07-29-2015, 09:05 AM
I was in attendance.

Just a miserable first half with Gary Glitter and cannons every few minutes celebrating Chargers points. Dancing in the stands - I was getting a lot of grief from fans.

I was in the bar when the comeback started. First couple scores were WGAF. Then it kept going.

In the end I actually feared for my safety a little in Orange and Blue. Despite my elation we high tailed it out of there but it was a little toxic.

TXBRONC
07-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Even with everything happened in the first I felt Denver had a chance to comeback. The fact is, most of the Chargers came from the Broncos mistakes not the Chargers dominating the game.

Buff
07-29-2015, 10:56 AM
One of my favorite games of the Manning era. That Stokley TD in the corner on a last second audible was vintage manning.

tubby
07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
That game was so awesome.

TXBRONC
07-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Fantastic game.
History gives the credit to Manning but anyone with a pair of eyes knows it was the D that pulled our ass out of the fire.
They played inspired football and it infected the entire team.
When the second half of the SB against the Seahawks started I was actually thinking of this game and hoping for something similar.

They were actually pretty good in the first half as well. The Chargers offense really did do a whole lot.