PDA

View Full Version : Broncos first-round pick Shane Ray: 'I'm 100 percent'

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2015, 04:55 PM
KUSA—While staying put during his summer vacation, Shane Ray lost all pain in his toe and gained a chip on his shoulder.

The Broncos' first-round draft pick, No. 23 overall, Ray apparently heard some backlash to his announced goal of becoming the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

"I think that there are a lot of questions that people have on what I can do and what I was brought here to do," Ray said Monday at Broncos headquarters, where the team's rookies and injured players reported for an early start to training camp. "This is an opportunity for me to show everybody what I'm capable of."

AND

"I'm 100 percent—full go,'' he said. "All drills, 100 percent. The issue was that I didn't have any time to rest during the pre-draft process and get the proper treatment. As soon as I got here, I got the things that I needed, the treatment that I needed and the orthotics that I needed, and my recovery happened like it was supposed to. Now it is not an issue."

Because of the injury, Ray spent the bulk of the five-week break following the Broncos' final offseason workout on June 18 near the team's Dove Valley headquarters getting treatment from the medical team and working out with strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson.

full article - http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2015/07/27/shane-ray-denver-broncos-defense-rockie-mike-klis/30751039/

TXBRONC
07-27-2015, 06:04 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing Ray on the field with Miller and Ware.

Cugel
07-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Man has a point:

"I'm very eager," Ray said. "I think that sometimes people forget that I was SEC Defensive Player of the Year because of where I fell in the draft and my situation. For me to come out and remind everybody of what I'm still capable of doing is very important to me."

Of course, he has to do it on the field before he can talk, but no question getting Shane Ray at the 23rd pick of the draft is a huge coup. Completely healthy there's simply no way he falls out of the top 15. It just shows how every little thing gets magnified before the draft, even though it should have Zero long-term bearing on the player's value to the team.

This is not even remotely as bad as the foot injury that cause Demaryius Thomas to fall in the draft, and which really did hamper his early career to the point where lots of people thought he was going to be a bust, simply because he couldn't get on the field and stay there.