PDA

View Full Version : von hoops it up.

ShaneFalco
07-27-2015, 01:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdmucMQo10

Rick
07-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Get your ass off the basketball court Von.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Get your ass off the basketball court Von.

He can't stand around and shoot baskets? It's not like he was actually playing in a full-speed pickup game.

Rick
07-27-2015, 07:58 AM
He can't stand around and shoot baskets? It's not like he was actually playing in a full-speed pickup game.

With our luck, no.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 08:01 AM
With our luck, no.

If you're going to tell a guy he can't stand around and shoot baskets on a court by himself, you might as well just lock him in a bubble when he's not at team facilities. I get limiting more dangerous activity like riding motorcycles or playing in full-speed basketball games, but you still have to let them be human beings with lives.

SR
07-27-2015, 08:38 AM

Who was the other NFL player last year that tore his Achilles playing a game of charity or pickup basketball?

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Who was the other NFL player last year that tore his Achilles playing a game of charity or pickup basketball?

Like I said, I'm fine with teams banning guys from actually playing in pickup games. That's where injuries happen. But I've never heard of someone sustaining a serious injury from shooting around by himself.

Rick
07-27-2015, 02:56 PM
If you're going to tell a guy he can't stand around and shoot baskets on a court by himself, you might as well just lock him in a bubble when he's not at team facilities. I get limiting more dangerous activity like riding motorcycles or playing in full-speed basketball games, but you still have to let them be human beings with lives.

I am OK with putting Von in a bubble, good idea.

Valar Morghulis
07-27-2015, 03:07 PM
you want Von to run a bubble screen. are you adam gase?

UnderArmour
07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
uh yeah i demand that von not be allowed to move from his couch outside of scheduled team activities this is a huge mess he could get injured or whatever so in the next contract it needs 2 be written on all the bronco that no outside exercise or practice at all cuz we dont want no 1 gettin hurt.

we need clause in all contract that stop player from following sport cuz of injury risk:
-golf: he could pull muscle swinging club, golf cart could flip over, he could tear acl walking in sand trap, or he could tear pectoral muscle swinging club
-tennis: he could get hit by a ball in the head and get a concussion and forget who he is. he could also get turf toe, which for a player of his position would hurt his ability 2 rush
-basketball: he could get hit in the kneecap by an errant pass and be out for weeks. basketballs can be hard. he could also suffer from self esteem issues and lose all confidence in athletic ability if he get picked last in team game cuz we all know von is 4-eye-nerdo. i dont know about u but i dont want a star football player out all year with self esteem issue
-football: we dont want him showing any defensive plays or his moves inadvertantly. i kno this is not injury risk but he could be out in public showing nfl offenses how he gonna attack the passer. inside information
-nascar: von might tear acl hitting gas pedal
-hockey: a puck could hit von very hard in the arm and probably break it off even through the pads
-fireworks: not rly a sport but we cant be 2 safe
-swimming: von could drown.
-soccer: von could get hit in the face and break his nose
-baseball: von might break his favorite bat playing and that could break his feelings which is season ending injury
-watching sports: von might be a fan of a team and yell 2 loud and have a heart attack

in conclusion elway needs 2 handle all of these and stop von from getting hurt at all. we need 24/7 surveillance on von and prevent him from moving outside of official team activity

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 03:16 PM
That might be the dumbest post ever.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 03:25 PM
That might be the greatest post ever.

Rick
07-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Obviously I wasn't serious on he can't shot at the gym...

However, we do have shit luck with the stupidest things.

Cugel
07-27-2015, 06:54 PM

At least he's not mogul skiing! :laugh:

Cugel
07-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Obviously I wasn't serious on he can't shot at the gym...

However, we do have shit luck with the stupidest things.

Yeah, remember when Brian Griese got injured when he was tripped by his dog down the stairs?

And Shannon Sharpe mocked him: "Tripped by his dog?! [mimics the dog sneaking up behind Brian, looking both ways to see if someone is watching, then shoves him down the stairs"]

That was one of the funniest jokes I've ever seen.

And then Griese hurt his ankle falling down the hill at Shannon's party? Guy was just a klutz.

FanInAZ
07-27-2015, 07:04 PM
uh yeah i demand that von not be allowed to move from his couch outside of scheduled team activities this is a huge mess he could get injured or whatever so in the next contract it needs 2 be written on all the bronco that no outside exercise or practice at all cuz we dont want no 1 gettin hurt.

we need clause in all contract that stop player from following sport cuz of injury risk:
-golf: he could pull muscle swinging club, golf cart could flip over, he could tear acl walking in sand trap, or he could tear pectoral muscle swinging club
-tennis: he could get hit by a ball in the head and get a concussion and forget who he is. he could also get turf toe, which for a player of his position would hurt his ability 2 rush
-basketball: he could get hit in the kneecap by an errant pass and be out for weeks. basketballs can be hard. he could also suffer from self esteem issues and lose all confidence in athletic ability if he get picked last in team game cuz we all know von is 4-eye-nerdo. i dont know about u but i dont want a star football player out all year with self esteem issue
-football: we dont want him showing any defensive plays or his moves inadvertantly. i kno this is not injury risk but he could be out in public showing nfl offenses how he gonna attack the passer. inside information
-nascar: von might tear acl hitting gas pedal
-hockey: a puck could hit von very hard in the arm and probably break it off even through the pads
-fireworks: not rly a sport but we cant be 2 safe
-swimming: von could drown.
-soccer: von could get hit in the face and break his nose
-baseball: von might break his favorite bat playing and that could break his feelings which is season ending injury
-watching sports: von might be a fan of a team and yell 2 loud and have a heart attack

in conclusion elway needs 2 handle all of these and stop von from getting hurt at all. we need 24/7 surveillance on von and prevent him from moving outside of official team activity

He could also tear an ACL during training camp, happens to at least a dozen time every year, so maybe we should just cancel train camps & just started the season.

Cugel
07-27-2015, 07:12 PM
He could also tear an ACL during training camp, happens to at least a dozen time every year, so maybe we should just cancel train camps & just started the season.

I think we need to cancel the season too, because injuries happen all the time during the season.

Perhaps they could just play the game on Madden?