PDA

View Full Version : Which loss hurt more?

CrazyHorse
07-26-2015, 06:03 AM
Looking back on the recent past which loss do you think was worse?

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Looking back on the recent past which loss do you think was worse?

The superbowl defeat was the worst loss - but the Ravens game hurt more.

I was in Germany for it, and i remember sitting on my couch at about 0300 hrs thinking this is the worst moment of my life as a sports fan.

I blame Hillman. Lol. Got to blame someone.

The Seahawks was so bad, i never invested in it after the second quarter, whereas the Ravens game had me on the edge of my seat for the full game.

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2015, 06:18 AM
Oh - and as much as i hate the seahawks i really hate the Ravens and i really really hate ray lewis - and his stupid dance makes me want to end my own life it fills me with so much hate.

Northman
07-26-2015, 06:41 AM
The superbowl defeat was the worst loss - but the Ravens game hurt more.

I was in Germany for it, and i remember sitting on my couch at about 0300 hrs thinking this is the worst moment of my life as a sports fan.

I blame Hillman. Lol. Got to blame someone.

The Seahawks was so bad, i never invested in it after the second quarter, whereas the Ravens game had me on the edge of my seat for the full game.

Pretty much.

The Ravens loss hurt worse because we could of still won it. The SB was just shameful from start to finish.

BroncoWave
07-26-2015, 08:14 AM
The Ravens loss hurt more in terms of how I felt right after the game just due the the stomach punch of how we lost. I was already checked out of the Super Bowl by halftime. Looking at it a few years later though, the Super Bowl loss hurts more. Looking at it objectively, we still were going to have to get past New England had we beaten Baltimore, and I'm not too sure we would have done so. Nothing is more embarrassing than crapping our pants on the biggest stage like we did against Seattle. Most people (other than Broncos fans) have forgotten that Ravens game. The Super Bowl humiliation will last forever.

BroncoWave
07-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Heck I would even say in hindsight that the Colts loss was worse than the Ravens loss. At least we played hard in the Ravens game and just lost on a fluke play. We flat out quit from the word "go" in the Colts game. That is a far more shameful way to go out.

Shazam!
07-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Nothing even comes close to Jags 96. Nothing.

Dapper Dan
07-26-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't remember either hurting as bad. The Super Bowl was more embarrassing. The game that hurt me most was the Pittsburgh game. I think it was in 2006.

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2015, 11:05 AM
I don't remember either hurting as bad. The Super Bowl was more embarrassing. The game that hurt me most was the Pittsburgh game. I think it was in 2006.

was that the AFC championship game?

Zweems56
07-26-2015, 11:11 AM

yes it was the AFCCG. Agreed with dan. 2006 AFCCG was my biggest pain as a fan as a 28 year old fan. I was too young to be wounded in 96, and had only just become a fan because of ESPN Sunday Night NFL on Genesis (I live in NJ with no family football influences). 2006 hurt. A lot. That's mostly because of my mindset as a person then compared to now though. In 2006 I was ready to throw something through the TV. 2013 and 2014, I was Zen as ****.

Dapper Dan
07-26-2015, 11:11 AM

Yes. Plummer versus Roethlisberger

BroncoWave
07-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Yeah, that 06 AFC title game was definitely my most painful loss as well. We had the Super Bowl on a freaking silver platter that year. Manning, who totally had our number in the playoffs, was out and we were going up against a guy with very little experience in Big Ben, and we were at home where we were 8-0 that year. That loss still hurts me to think about way more than the Ravens game.

SR
07-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Yeah, that 06 AFC title game was definitely my most painful loss as well. We had the Super Bowl on a freaking silver platter that year. Manning, who totally had our number in the playoffs, was out and we were going up against a guy with very little experience in Big Ben, and we were at home where we were 8-0 that year. That loss still hurts me to think about way more than the Ravens game.

That loss is also my number one followed by Jacksonville in 1996 and Baltimore three years ago.

Timmy!
07-26-2015, 12:40 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2006503/rahimno.gif

Zweems56
07-26-2015, 01:13 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2006503/rahimno.gif

Timmy, staaaaahp

Northman
07-26-2015, 01:36 PM
2006 was not that bad for me, we just simply got our asses kicked. I never had confidence we were going to win that game at any point. But Baltimore........sheeesh.

Cugel
07-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Nothing even comes close to Jags 96. Nothing.

Clearly, you didn't experience 55-10. That was a LOT worse. And the first two Elway SB blowouts were horrible too, with Johnny Carson making jokes on latenight TV about how crappy the Broncos were. Then all the audience laughing at what pitiful losers they were. I hated Johnny Carson forever from that moment.

No, there were a few things worse than '96 or even 2013. You just have to go back farther in time.

Magnificent Seven
07-26-2015, 01:55 PM
The night before Elway's retirement announcement. I was little shocked and hurt after I found out about Elway. I was expecting Elway to come back for another season and win another Super Bowl. I believe that Broncos could return to Super Bowl and win 3rd. Broncos would be the first team to win 3 super bowls in a row. However, it didn't happen. Lose Elway was the biggest loss.

Since 1999, Broncos had quarterback problems until Tebowmania and Manning Era.

Magnificent Seven
07-26-2015, 02:11 PM
One more thing...

Packers vs. Broncos game on SNF. (Oct, 2007) Favre threw a TD in over time! Damn, Bly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5ssRj41Xs&feature=youtu.be

Dapper Dan
07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
One more thing...

Packers vs. Broncos game on SNF. (Oct, 2007) Favre threw a TD in over time! Damn, Bly!

https://youtu.be/_i5ssRj41Xs

Ugh. We never got to do anything while I was at AIT at Ft Lee. For some reason, we were allowed to stay up and watch the game. My buddy was from Wisconsin. I remember it like it was yesterday. :tsk:

SR
07-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Clearly, you didn't experience 55-10. That was a LOT worse. And the first two Elway SB blowouts were horrible too, with Johnny Carson making jokes on latenight TV about how crappy the Broncos were. Then all the audience laughing at what pitiful losers they were. I hated Johnny Carson forever from that moment. No, there were a few things worse than '96 or even 2013. You just have to go back farther in time.

We aren't all in our 50s.

Simple Jaded
07-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Moore should've intercepted that pass, utterly disgraceful.

Northman
07-26-2015, 02:30 PM
One more thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5ssRj41Xs&feature=youtu.be

I remember that game, hated how it ended but always loved the killer instinct of Favre.

gregbroncs
07-26-2015, 04:00 PM
For me it was the Ravens game. I'm convinced we win the SB except for that one play. The Seattle SB we got our asses kicked from the start.

gregbroncs
07-26-2015, 04:02 PM
The night before Elway's retirement announcement. I was little shocked and hurt after I found out about Elway. I was expecting Elway to come back for another season and win another Super Bowl. I believe that Broncos could return to Super Bowl and win 3rd. Broncos would be the first team to win 3 super bowls in a row. However, it didn't happen. Lose Elway was the biggest loss.

Since 1999, Broncos had quarterback problems until Tebowmania and Manning Era.
Elway leaving sucked. But I don't think he had anything left. They would not have won it the following year with or without him.

olathebroncofan
07-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Nit necessarily our loss, but San Fran losing to the Seahawks was big. I think we would have beat San Fran in the superbowl.

Also nor recent memory, but if the Vikings hadn't lost to Atlanta in 98 or 99, that would have been a great superbowl.

CrazyHorse
07-26-2015, 09:49 PM
The reason the Ravens game is worse for me is because we were missing several key players against the Seahawks. I think we had 7 starters on IR. In retrospect we didn't have that great a chance from the get go. I think if both teams were healthy the game would have been much more competitive. We played them to a tie the next year in their house.

There were also a few questionable calls in the Ravens game along with team miscues. If we beat the Ravens, I think we beat NE then SF.

BroncoWave
07-26-2015, 10:30 PM
Why does everyone just assume we would have beaten the Patriots had we gotten past the Ravens? We have never once beaten the Pats when Gronk was healthy. We would have been underdogs in that game and it would have been a very tough one to win. Given how much we struggled with the Ravens (they really should have blown us out if not for the 2 Holliday TDs), what gives anyone any confidence that we were going to beat the Pats the next week?

CrazyHorse
07-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Why does everyone just assume we would have beaten the Patriots had we gotten past the Ravens? We have never once beaten the Pats when Gronk was healthy. We would have been underdogs in that game and it would have been a very tough one to win. Given how much we struggled with the Ravens (they really should have blown us out if not for the 2 Holliday TDs), what gives anyone any confidence that we were going to beat the Pats the next week?

The Patriots never seem to play well in Denver. There was also Jones' return and a TD that should have been called back on the Ravens for holding. Prater also whiffed a very makable field goal.

BroncoWave
07-26-2015, 10:36 PM
The Patriots never seem to play well in Denver.

I just think if we had so much trouble at home with Baltimore, I don't see how it was going to be any easier for us against NE the next week. The narrative seems to be that the Super Bowl was ours to lose if we get past Baltimore, but I just don't buy that. Yeah maybe we would have won it, we certainly would have had a chance, but we still would have had two very tough games in front of us.

Timmy!
07-26-2015, 11:39 PM
Timmy, staaaaahp

Pictures.....let alone gifs, are worth 1000 words......several thousand around here.

Timmy!
07-26-2015, 11:50 PM
I just think if we had so much trouble at home with Baltimore, I don't see how it was going to be any easier for us against NE the next week. The narrative seems to be that the Super Bowl was ours to lose if we get past Baltimore, but I just don't buy that. Yeah maybe we would have won it, we certainly would have had a chance, but we still would have had two very tough games in front of us.

Tell me the last time the pats won a playoff game in Denver......have fun. Not only that, but we hadn't lost for like 2 1/2 months. I'm old. I watched Timmy ****** smith kick our ass in a Superbowl. I saw Montana own us. I lived through the Jacksonville letdown only to watch back to back SB wins (and my 1st game at mile high in person on DEC 6th 1998). Of all losses, EVER, the Baltimore game shreds my very soul.

Valar Morghulis
07-27-2015, 12:54 AM

I think we won out from week 5 that year - we were a complete team, i think we would have had a great shout had we not shat the bed against Balitimore

FanInAZ
07-27-2015, 02:39 AM
Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory is far more infuriating that a start to finish beat down.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Tell me the last time the pats won a playoff game in Denver......have fun. Not only that, but we hadn't lost for like 2 1/2 months. I'm old. I watched Timmy ****** smith kick our ass in a Superbowl. I saw Montana own us. I lived through the Jacksonville letdown only to watch back to back SB wins (and my 1st game at mile high in person on DEC 6th 1998). Of all losses, EVER, the Baltimore game shreds my very soul.

Look, I'm not acting like we definitely would have lost to the Pats, but that game would have been a coin toss at best. When Gronk is healthy, which he was then, they are an absolutely horrible matchup for us. That would have been a very, very tough game.

And it also seems like people think we would have just cakewalked over the 49ers as well. A defense as good as theirs very well could have given us some issues. I do think we'd have been favored over them, but again, would have been a tough game.

Winning a Super Bowl is hard, and even if Rahim makes that play and we move on, it's still not even close to a guarantee that we just glide to the trophy at that point.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 07:16 AM
I think we won out from week 5 that year - we were a complete team, i think we would have had a great shout had we not shat the bed against Balitimore

Sure we had a great shot, but the prevailing narrative seems to be "OMG Rahim cost us a ring!". I just think that's exaggerating things a tad. If that play had happened in the Super Bowl then, sure, you could say that. But not the divisional round. I don't underestimate Fox or even Peyton's ability to have choked in one of the next two rounds had we gotten past Baltimore.

EastCoastBronco
07-27-2015, 07:25 AM
Ravens loss.
After San Fran thrashed us 55-10 I trained myself to become immune to Super Bowl blowouts...;-)

Dzone
07-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Getting annihilated in the super bowl was the most brutal. That was Not just a loss , but the most humiliating type of loss
The loss to the colts was pretty damn bad too just because of the lack of effort.
Both of those losses are on John Fox

Dzone
07-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Oh and the ravens game-another playoff loss due to the buffoonery of john fox

Buff
07-27-2015, 11:13 AM
The Baltimore game will go down for me as maybe the most excruciating football game I've ever watched. Everything about it - the fact that we were big favorites, that we squandered opportunity after opportunity - made every mistake in the book - coached the game not to lose - and then to have it culminate the way it did on such an egregious mental error was just too painful.

The only one that comes close is the Jax playoff loss back in the day. Two memories that will always haunt me: Mark Brunell snaking around the field picking us apart, and god damn Rahim Moore misjudging the flight of the ball. Honorable mention to The Bus screaming in our end zone in the AFCCG when we couldn't stop them.

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Can you put a value on suckage? Every loss sucks.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 11:51 AM

I would say a loss where you clearly just have less talent then the other team sucks much less than a loss where you have a clear talent advantage but just absolutely choke and play below your usual standards.

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 11:52 AM
I would say a loss where you clearly just have less talent then the other team sucks much less than a loss where you have a clear talent advantage but just absolutely choke and play below your usual standards.

Cool.

I don't like it when the Broncos lose. Ever.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Cool.

I don't like it when the Broncos lose. Ever.

So every loss feels exactly the same to you? That just seems odd to me. Did you feel exactly the same after the ravens game or the seahawks game as you feel after a week 17 loss when we've rested our starters because we locked up a seed?

Mike
07-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Sure. Every game Orton started for us I expected to lose. I felt no pain at all during his time here. Anger and frustration, but no pain.

I expected Denver to win vs J-ville, I expected Denver to win against Balt, I thought they had a good chance of beating Seattle (but didn't expect it). To me, the losses in game that I expected a win or when they should have won but let it slip away with goofs are more painful.

Northman
07-27-2015, 11:56 AM
So every loss feels exactly the same to you? That just seems odd to me. Did you feel exactly the same after the ravens game or the seahawks game as you feel after a week 17 loss when we've rested our starters because we locked up a seed?

I think his overall point is he just doesnt like the team to lose. lol

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 12:02 PM

Wave, not everyone has to feel the same way you do.

I feel shitty when we lose. Feeling shitty doesn't have degrees. It's just shitty.

Would you feel worse being stabbed or shot?

The Ravens had a good football team that year - I wasn't overly confident we'd win, and it wasn't a "surprise" we lost. The debacle at the beginning of the Seahawk Superbowl game made me think immediately it's not our day.

Frankly, the worst loss I can recall from recent memory (I watched our first SB against the Cowboys) was the beating we took at the hands of the Raiders in 2010.

Northman
07-27-2015, 12:06 PM

I feel shitty when we lose. Feeling shitty doesn't have degrees. It's just shitty.

The Ravens had a good football team that year - I wasn't overly confident we'd win, and it wasn't a "surprise" we lost. The debacle at the beginning of the Seahawk Superbowl game made me think immediately it's not our day.

Frankly, the worst loss I can recall from recent memory (I watched our first SB against the Cowboys) was the beating we took at the hands of the Raiders in 2010.

I felt confident in the Raven game but agree about the start of the SB. I just knew it was going to be one of those games after that fubar to start it.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:10 PM

Oh look, this tired response again. Am I allowed to disagree with someone without being told I'm trying to tell them to feel the same way I do? I was just asking a question because your post on this topic surprised me. If you want to feel that way more power to you, it just seems odd to me.

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Oh look, this tired response again. Am I allowed to disagree with someone without being told I'm trying to tell them to feel the same way I do? I was just asking a question because your post on this topic surprised me. If you want to feel that way more power to you, it just seems odd to me.

You just like to argue your point and make sure everyone agrees with your position. There's a difference.

I hate every loss. It's not that complicated.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Depends. It would probably hurt way worse to get shot in the stomach then to get grazed on the leg.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:17 PM
You just like to argue your point and make sure everyone agrees with your position. There's a difference.

I hate every loss. It's not that complicated.

You seem really offended that I have a different view on this than you. It's ok, buddy.

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 12:20 PM
You seem really offended that I have a different view on this than you. It's ok, buddy.

#woeisme
#deflection

Not offended - I just find it funny you like to jump into a conversation and basically belittle others with differing opinions. It's kind of your MO (no offense to our MO).

Timmy!
07-27-2015, 12:24 PM
#shotsfired

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Sure. Every game Orton started for us I expected to lose. I felt no pain at all during his time here. Anger and frustration, but no pain.

I expected Denver to win vs J-ville, I expected Denver to win against Balt, I thought they had a good chance of beating Seattle (but didn't expect it). To me, the losses in game that I expected a win or when they should have won but let it slip away with goofs are more painful.

I guess my point is at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. The circumstance doesn't really have an affect on me differently. I hate it equally every time the Broncos lose.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:26 PM
#woeisme
#deflection

Not offended - I just find it funny you like to jump into a conversation and basically belittle others with differing opinions. It's kind of your MO (no offense to our MO).

Where did I belittle you? All I did was ask you a question. You are kinda being a fairy in this thread. (See, there's an example of me belittling you.)

BroncoJoe
07-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Where did I belittle you? All I did was ask you a question. You are kinda being a fairy in this thread. (See, there's an example of me belittling you.)

You know exactly what you do to threads. You've even admitted it. I made a comment - you "found it odd". I stated not everyone has to feel the same way you do.

You defend your position like it's life or death. It's just a football game. It has no direct bearing on my life. I'm equally upset at every game the Broncos lose. It's really not that hard of a concept to understand.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:33 PM
You know exactly what you do to threads. You've even admitted it. I made a comment - you "found it odd". I stated not everyone has to feel the same way you do.

You defend your position like it's life or death. It's just a football game. It has no direct bearing on my life. I'm equally upset at every game the Broncos lose. It's really not that hard of a concept to understand.

Would you rather get punched in the arm or punched in the nuts?

Northman
07-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Good grief Wave....

SR
07-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Jesus Jones. Give it up dude.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Apparently asking simple questions is offensive. Duly noted for future reference. I'll be sure to agree with everyone's opinions in the future so as not to offend anyone.

Timmy!
07-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Apparently asking simple questions is offensive. Duly noted for future reference. I'll be sure to agree with everyone's opinions in the future so as not to offend anyone.

http://planetponzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gasoline-on-fire.jpg

Northman
07-27-2015, 12:45 PM

I think people will really appreciate that.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 12:49 PM
I think people will really appreciate that.

What can I say? I'm a people pleaser. :D

CoachChaz
07-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Back to topic, I voted for the Ravens game because of the timing. It's easier for me to swallow a loss if we've pretty much lost the game from the first snap than for it to happen on one of the last ones.

That being said...it's a football game. If ANY loss affects your mood or attitude for a period longer than about 30 seconds...you probably need more constructive things in your life.

Valar Morghulis
07-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Back to topic, I voted for the Ravens game because of the timing. It's easier for me to swallow a loss if we've pretty much lost the game from the first snap than for it to happen on one of the last ones.

That being said...it's a football game. If ANY loss affects your mood or attitude for a period longer than about 30 seconds...you probably need more constructive things in your life.

I understand that - but that Ravens game had me feeling robbed for weeks, and after seattle, it was one long off season!

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 01:00 PM
If ANY loss affects your mood or attitude for a period longer than about 30 seconds...you probably need more constructive things in your life.

Totally agree here. I've experienced so many crappy losses as a sports fan they just don't really even affect me anymore. I've come to accept that my teams will lose more than they win and just enjoy the games and hope for the best.

Buff
07-27-2015, 01:01 PM

2.5 years later and I still harbor a ton of resentment towards Rahim Moore. But then, in no way am I representative of a rational human.

Buff
07-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Totally agree here. I've experienced so many crappy losses as a sports fan they just don't really even affect me anymore. I've come to accept that my teams will lose more than they win and just enjoy the games and hope for the best.

This is so foreign to me. A bad loss totally wrecks me. I was like legit depressed after the Ravens loss.

BroncoWave
07-27-2015, 01:12 PM
This is so foreign to me. A bad loss totally wrecks me. I was like legit depressed after the Ravens loss.

I used to be the same way, I really did. I just made a conscious decision to expect the worst and hope for the best. I mean I am still unhappy when the broncos lose, but I just toss the game from my mind when it's over and move on to something else.

CoachChaz
07-27-2015, 01:16 PM
All of my favorite professional teams have won at least one championship in my lifetime, so anything else is just an extra cherry on top. From this point, I just enjoy what I can and life goes on.

Now if only A&M could figure something out.

weazel
07-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Ravens game hurt most as that team should have won. The Superbowl loss to SEA was just a complete joke and the team that played the Colts wasn't good enough.

Valar Morghulis
07-27-2015, 01:38 PM
I was depressed after the Ravens, embarrassed after the seahawks, but i was down right angry after the colts

CrazyHorse
07-27-2015, 07:04 PM

Vikings fans still get pissed when I bring up Gary Anderson even though there were other reasons they lost to the Falcons in '98.

Dapper Dan
07-27-2015, 10:24 PM
2.5 years later and I still harbor a ton of resentment towards Rahim Moore. But then, in no way am I representative of a rational human.

That's pretty much how I feel about Jake Mistake after his 4 turnovers against the Steelers.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2015, 11:26 PM
I used to be the same way, I really did. I just made a conscious decision to expect the worst and hope for the best. I mean I am still unhappy when the broncos lose, but I just toss the game from my mind when it's over and move on to something else.

I didn't make a conscious decision.

Back when they lost to the Jags in the PO's I beat the living shit outta the Christmas tree with a pool stick, somewhere between then and now I've somehow come to the same kinda viewpoint.

FanInAZ
07-28-2015, 12:04 AM
I didn't make a conscious decision.

Back when they lost to the Jags in the PO's I beat the living shit outta the Christmas tree with a pool stick, somewhere between then and now I've somehow come to the same kinda viewpoint.

My boss at the time was a Raiders fan who I'd been giving grief to all season long. The day after that loss, he was waiting for me by the sign in sheet :(

Simple Jaded
07-28-2015, 12:11 AM
My boss at the time was a Raiders fan who I'd been giving grief to all season long. The day after that loss, he was waiting for me by the sign in sheet :(

Did you get fired?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-28-2015, 01:26 AM

The evening after the Jags game I went to work at a restaurant. The floor manager at the time would whisper "Broncos" smugly every time he walked behind me.

That was a long freakin day.

FanInAZ
07-28-2015, 02:27 AM
Did you get fired?

If he was going to fire me, it would for giving him a 2 letter bottle of Orange Crush with "Go Broncos" written on it :D

MOtorboat
07-28-2015, 02:44 AM
Jacksonville. Every other loss was to a Super Bowl champion. Just stings less when you get beat by the best. When Mark Brunell does it...man.

BroncoWave
07-28-2015, 06:46 AM
The evening after the Jags game I went to work at a restaurant. The floor manager at the time would whisper "Broncos" smugly every time he walked behind me.

That was a long freakin day.

I work at a bank and the Monday after the Super Bowl last year was absolutely brutal. Every single person that came in wanted to talk about how horrible that game was and what an embarrassment the Broncos were.

BroncoWave
07-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Jacksonville. Every other loss was to a Super Bowl champion. Just stings less when you get beat by the best. When Mark Brunell does it...man.

I'm really glad I was only like 6 or 7 years old at the time and don't remember that game at all.

Northman
07-28-2015, 09:05 AM
People really underestimate how good the Jags team actually was. I was somber after us losing to them but only because we had gotten a solid lead on them only to choke it up. After the Ravens loss i was pissed but soon forgot about it. After the opening snap of the SB i began to laugh because i knew what was coming. After Harvin's return in the second half i switched channels to watch a movie. The Jags loss didnt hurt that much to me because at that point i was kind of used to us losing either in the playoffs or in the big game. Perhaps in hindsight it hurts less because of the absolute ass whooping we put on them the year after but as of now the Ravens loss hurts more. Probably because i agree with others that was probably our best shot at a title that year.

SR
07-28-2015, 09:07 AM
People really underestimate how good the Jags team actually was. I was somber after us losing to them but only because we had gotten a solid lead on them only to choke it up. After the Ravens loss i was pissed but soon forgot about it. After the opening snap of the SB i began to laugh because i knew what was coming. After Harvin's return in the second half i switched channels to watch a movie. The Jags loss didnt hurt that much to me because at that point i was kind of used to us losing either in the playoffs or in the big game. Perhaps in hindsight it hurts less because of the absolute ass whooping we put on them the year after but as of now the Ravens loss hurts more. Probably because i agree with others that was probably our best shot at a title that year.

Fred Taylor decimated the Broncos that day.

Rick
07-28-2015, 10:11 AM
I may be in the rarity but I am going by it feels the best when you win the SB so it feels the worst when you lose it.

Yes, something can be said that you MADE it, but I don't hang my hat on that. You made it, yes, but all you had to do was win that ONE game, just one and you are champs. You are there, just win and it is all you. You made it that far, and to lose it after getting there, to me is the worst.

Northman
07-28-2015, 10:15 AM
I may be in the rarity but I am going by it feels the best when you win the SB so it feels the worst when you lose it.

Yes, something can be said that you MADE it, but I don't hang my hat on that. You made it, yes, but all you had to do was win that ONE game, just one and you are champs. You are there, just win and it is all you. You made it that far, and to lose it after getting there, to me is the worst.

I would probably feel that way had we lost it in the fashion that we did the Ravens game. But when you are just flat out beaten to death it just means you were never in it to begin with. Its embarrassing but i dont feel as bad because in most of our SB losses it was over before it even began.

Slick
07-28-2015, 02:38 PM
The Superbowl losses were more devastating to me because you're so close. Although I feel similarily to Joe. Anytime the Broncos lose in the playoffs I am crushed. Regular season losses I usually am over those by Monday morning.

sneakers
08-03-2015, 01:53 PM
1996 vs Jaguars