PDA

View Full Version : WWE fires Hulk Hogan

Magnificent Seven
07-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Update at 11:45 a.m.: In a statement made to People following his termination from WWE on Friday, Hulk Hogan apologized for "offensive language" he used during a private conversation eight years ago that was apparently caught on film.

"It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it," Hogan told the magazine.

"This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs."

Hogan's apology comes on the heels of two tabloids releasing Friday what is purportedly a transcript of Hogan making racist comments in a video that is the crux of a lawsuit between Hogan and Gawker Media.

Original story:

WWE and the most recognizable and popular professional wrestler in the history have ended their relationship with the company officially announcing Friday it has "terminated its contract" with Hulk Hogan.

While the exact reason for the sudden decision is a mystery at this time, WWE released a statement Friday morning after unceremoniously removing Hogan references from its website and taking him off his judging position on its Tough Enough television program.

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide," the company said in an official statement sent to CBSSports.com on Friday.

Prior to the announcement of his termination, Hogan sent out a cryptic tweet.

Follow

Hulk HoganVerified account
‏@HulkHogan
In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

Hogan was signed with WWE under a Legends contract, which mostly paid him to be a promotional tool for the company while allowing it to sell his merchandise. Hogan has hosted WrestleMania, supported charities with which WWE is involved, and made other appearances as part of the three-year deal, which began in 2014.

As of late, Hogan's primary role with WWE was serving as one of three judges on Tough Enough, a reality-based competition airing weekly on USA Network where he, Daniel Bryan and Paige help decide which amateur wrestler will win $250,000 and a developmental contract with WWE.

In order to remove Hogan from its website, WWE had to pull photos, articles and merchandise, as well as some live tour information. His likeness can still be found in highlight videos and on the WWE Network, mostly from old footage from past events.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye-on-sports/25249216/wwe-fires-hulk-hogan-erases-him-from-site-hogan-sends-cryptic-tweet

Northman
07-24-2015, 09:24 PM
I was already lost on him when he was messing around with one of his daughters teen friends. This has sealed my dislike for the guy and i think this totally destroys his legacy. Too bad.

SR
07-24-2015, 09:54 PM
They were talking about this on the Jason Ellis show today. Pretty screwed up dude.

Dapper Dan
07-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Pro wrestling is no place for immoral behavior.

sneakers
07-24-2015, 11:28 PM
Terrible, he was the GOAT heel in WCW as Hollywood Hogan

Valar Morghulis
07-25-2015, 03:02 AM
I never knew the thing about his daughters friend - what a cretin.

As for the racism thing - does anyone know exactly what he said, because at the minute, i kinda feel bad for him. If he was having a conversation in private 8 years ago, and jsut used a racist term - the context could be getting taken out of proportion......OR maybe he is a hideous paedophile racist in which case, i remove my defense for him immediately!

tomjonesrocks
07-25-2015, 04:44 AM
I never knew the thing about his daughters friend - what a cretin. As for the racism thing - does anyone know exactly what he said, because at the minute, i kinda feel bad for him. If he was having a conversation in private 8 years ago, and jsut used a racist term - the context could be getting taken out of proportion......OR maybe he is a hideous paedophile racist in which case, i remove my defense for him immediately!

Unsure if there's audio but I saw this. http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/hulk-hogan-racist-scandal-n-word-caught-on-tape-wrestling/

The WWE didn't need to scrub him out of existence but it's reminds of the Michael Richards deal.

Unsure what my thoughts are. Based on his very limited remaining status I'm not sure this is particularly noteworthy. "Washed-up wrestling legend doesn't want his daughter having sex with African Americans - recorded dropping numerous n-bombs" - meh.

Poet
07-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Well, his status was big enough to warrant having business dealings with the WWE, and he still makes plenty of money off of his likeness and personality.

I think it more reads 'Former icon and disgraced idol has legacy tarnished as former employer and borderline monopolyesque company purges him from their records."

Valar Morghulis
07-25-2015, 06:00 AM
who cares - he was no brett hart.

Poet
07-25-2015, 06:01 AM
Brett Hart an overrated talent with a shitty persona.

Valar Morghulis
07-25-2015, 06:03 AM
Brett Hart an overrated talent with a shitty persona.

Take that back - he is the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be.

Poet
07-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Take that back - he is the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be.

Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, and his brother carried him. He left the WWF for a shit ton of money at WCW and get facekicked in the grill by Goldberg, thus ending his career.

He is, was, and always will be a whining petulant child.

tomjonesrocks
07-25-2015, 09:04 AM
With the WWE closing their Hogan store, where will DenBronx take advantage of the deep discounts on Hulkamania gear?

Dapper Dan
07-25-2015, 09:13 AM
I'll always be a Hulkamaniac.

SR
07-25-2015, 09:29 AM
With the WWE closing their Hogan store, where will DenBronx take advantage of the deep discounts on Hulkamania gear?

He doesn't need discounts, remember?

Shazam!
07-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Randy Savage RIP.

Poet
07-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Randy Savage RIP.

OoOOoOoOOOh YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnificent Seven
07-25-2015, 02:15 PM
I miss the old Hulk Hogan from 80's. He was a truly American Hero and goody guy in 80's. WCW changed Hogan's attitude. Hulkamania dead.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-25-2015, 02:31 PM
I never knew the thing about his daughters friend - what a cretin.

As for the racism thing - does anyone know exactly what he said, because at the minute, i kinda feel bad for him. If he was having a conversation in private 8 years ago, and jsut used a racist term - the context could be getting taken out of proportion......OR maybe he is a hideous paedophile racist in which case, i remove my defense for him immediately!
You did a good job covering all of your bases there. :laugh:

Valar Morghulis
07-25-2015, 02:41 PM
You did a good job covering all of your bases there. :laugh:

yeah - i dont want something i post on here to come back an bite me in the ass in 8 years.....

Dapper Dan
07-25-2015, 07:11 PM
yeah - i dont want something i post on here to come back an bite me in the ass in 8 years.....

If anything from broncos forums comes back to bite you in the ass it'll probably be a guy named Agap. That dudes a freak.

OrangeHoof
07-25-2015, 07:50 PM
I think a lot of women would line up for an 8-foot-tall African-American. Think of all the groupies that wanted Wilt Chamberlain.