PDA

View Full Version : Shane Ray's big move and big steps forward

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2015, 10:06 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Growing up, Shane Ray didn't envision himself owning a house, and especially not at 22 years old.

His home neighborhood, located in a Kansas City, Mo. zip code infamously known as "The Murder Factory," has received notoriety, and Ray knows his life could have gone in an entirely different direction where he didn't—or couldn't—leave.

Years later, the contrast is stunning. Having signed his contract with the Broncos, Ray bought a house and began shopping for furniture. He can recall the times when he and his mother slept on the floor and lived off food stamps, and that kind of poverty must seem so incredibly far away for them now.

rest, plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Shane-Rays-big-move-and-big-steps-forward/1bc9b5eb-e469-4923-83ac-24ae2b7eb732

underrated29
07-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Hated the pick at the time but I have really come around. In fact, I love it. I need to see him move in real life to know for sure but from all of his games I have watched (and I watched a ton of them) this is going to go down as one of our best picks we have had under Elway. I also do not believe players when they say they want ROY awards, however, I see more than just talk from him.

Northman
07-22-2015, 11:04 AM
To early to tell. Hopefully he pans out and stays out of trouble.

CoachChaz
07-22-2015, 12:42 PM
If he comes as advertised, I can see him getting plenty of time on the field. Something to cut into Miller's stats and ease the negotiations with him.

TXBRONC
07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm looking forward to see this kid on the field. If he's as good as advertised it will be a lot watching Miller and Ray coming off the edges. :pop2: