PDA

View Full Version : WRs Coach Tyke Tolbert excited for Demaryius Thomas' return, potential in offense

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2015, 08:35 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Coaches are starting to get back to the Broncos' practice facility in preparation for training camp, and one was particularly thrilled to return to great news.

Wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert was naturally happy from a professional standpoint to hear that Demaryius Thomas signed a new five-year contract with the Broncos through the 2019 season, but he was even more happy to hear about it on a personal level.

"I'm happy for us, the Broncos, and I'm really happy for him, based on where he's come from, the trials and tribulations he's had to go through coming up," Tolbert said on Monday. "And to see him get rewarded for all his hard work is very rewarding for me as his position coach because I know when I got here, he worked really hard to get where he is. He had an achilles injury when I first got here. He would stay after practice with me and work on route techniques and he would study more and he would do a lot of things to the point where he really worked hard to get where he is. People just don't realize that. He worked really hard to get where he is so I'm very happy for him in that regard."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/WRs-Coach-Tyke-Tolbert-excited-for-Demaryius-Thomas-return-potential-in-offense/3f049275-1303-49de-b7fa-617908858349

TXBRONC
07-21-2015, 05:45 AM
I would imagine having D. Thomas makes Tolbert happier than a pig in mud. I would bet that Manning is even happier to have Demaryius back.

Simple Jaded
07-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Shouldn't that say "Asst WR Coach"?