PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning visits Chattanooga military center after shootings

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Peyton Manning on Saturday visited military personnel and Chattanooga, Tenn., police officers at the Naval Marine Corps Reserve Center on Amnicola Highway where four United States marines and a Navy sailor were killed by a gunman, WRCB reported.

The Chattanooga police posted a photo on Twitter of Manning’s visit and thanked for him stopping by to honor the fallen servicemen late Saturday.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/07/19/peyton-manning-visits-chattanooga-military-center-after-shootings/34578/

Dapper Dan
07-21-2015, 06:15 PM
As if I couldn't love him more.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Good for Manning. We know the President won't make an appearance, so it's good for other high profile people to fill the gap.

SR
07-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Good for Manning. We know the President won't make an appearance, so it's good for other high profile people to fill the gap.

#PeytonForPres2016

Dapper Dan
07-21-2015, 09:04 PM
He's old enough.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Peyton Manning, who recently visited military personnel and Chattanooga, Tenn., police officers following last week’s shootings, will contribute to a fund to help the families of the victims, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tennessee) said Tuesday.

“I do want to say that, thankfully, our community has come together to make sure that these families have the financial support that they need beyond that, and there’s an effort underway in Chattanooga now,” Corker said in a speech on the Senate floor. “I hope people in the world will participate to make sure that, again, there is financial support to sustain these families in light of what happened.

“My friend and a great Tennessean, or at least we claim him as that — he lives in Chattanooga for part of the year — Peyton Manning has lent his name to this effort, and my sense is you’re going to see a generous outpouring to ensure that at a base level some of the needs of these families, if not all financially, will be dealt with in an appropriate way.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/07/21/peyton-manning-to-contribute-to-fund-for-chattanooga-victims-families/34594/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Two months after establishing a fund to support the families affected by the Chattanooga shootings earlier this year, Peyton Manning's Chattanooga Heroes Fund has reached an endowment of $1 million.

n two months, the Chattanooga Heroes Fund -- established by Peyton Manning and his family in partnership with Tennessee Senator Bob Corker -- has raised over $1 million, which is an endowment large enough to sustain the fund for the foreseeable future, the Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga (CFGC) announced Wednesday.

The fund was established to support the families of the servicemen who lost their lives or were wounded in the July 16 shootings in Chattanooga, Tenn.

"We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of support shown to these families through contributions to the Chattanooga Heroes Fund," Manning said. "Now that contributions to the fund have topped $1 million, we decided to end the contribution phase on September 30 and focus on providing assistance to those in need.

"Thanks to the goodwill and generosity of so many donors, the fund is fully equipped to provide long-term financial support for the affected families as they face the challenge of rebuilding their lives – and their futures,” Manning added. “We would like to express our sincerest appreciation to each and every person, family, and organization that made a donation in honor of the servicemen who sacrificed their lives, and the police officer who risked his life to protect the greater Chattanooga community on July 16."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mannings-Chattanooga-Heroes-Fund-tops-1-million/4666a7c5-ccd1-4511-b1fd-99fa4f9ffd7e