PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas Creates Award In Name Of Young Fan Killed In Rafting Accident

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2015, 05:22 PM
DENVER (CBS4) – “Drake idolized DT, he knew everything about DT.” – Dan Durkee, Drake’s father.

Drake Durkee attended the Demaryius Thomas camp last summer and he had planned on attending again this year, but in June the 11-year-old from Golden was tragically killed in a commercial rafting accident on the Arkansas River near Salida.

Thomas was in Atlanta, but the Broncos reached out to him to tell him what happened to one of his biggest fans.

“He sent a very nice letter to us just expressing how sad he was,” Dan Durkee said, adding the Thomas also sent flowers and asked if there was anything he could do to help the family.

Thomas also invited the Durkee family to come to his camp this year and asked Durkee to speak to the young campers about Drake. And in what might be the best summer of Thomas’ life, he made sure to spend some time with a family who’s having one of their worst.

rest - plus video and pictures
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/07/19/demaryius-thomas-creates-award-in-name-of-young-fan-killed-in-rafting-accident/

Davii
07-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Good on him. DT is a remarkably well put together individual, especially given his upbringing.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2015, 07:47 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 23h

My interview with DT today. http://cbsloc.al/1Sustqd

Rick
07-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Sad thing on that kid, happened where I live, lots of people were out looking for him hoping he made it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Good on him. DT is a remarkably well put together individual, especially given his upbringing.

It's good of you to take time to pay respects to DT's physique.

Timmy!
07-20-2015, 01:06 AM
I'm very happy that DT is a Bronco for a while. Seems like a legit good guy.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2015, 04:57 PM
. . .Seems like a legit good guy.

Except when he leaves his dates passed out drunk in a teammates bedroom.

sneakers
07-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Is the award called the "Not Being Able to Swim Award"?

Timmy!
07-21-2015, 03:38 AM
Except when he leaves his dates passed out drunk in a teammates bedroom.

That'll happen......