PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas press conference 7/17/15

VonDoom
07-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas: "I kind of knew the whole time" that he wanted to finish his career and retire as a Denver Bronco.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas on his mom: "Once it happened, i knew I could have two things in one week. It's amazing."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas: "I think I can be bigger than I've been the last couple of years."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT said he knew the deal was going down throughout Wednesday morning; he knew he just had to sign his deal.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 10m10 minutes ago

"I kind of knew I was going to be a Bronco." -- @DemaryiusT

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT said he woke up Monday because he say two missed calls from his mom. first thing she said was she'll be out Nov. 10.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#broncos DT said that wasn't nervous about deadline. Felt a week out that deal would get done

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT said he's not sure when his mom will first see him play. She's going to a halfway house soon.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 8m8 minutes ago

"I've been training, basically trying to stay in the best shape I can." -- @DemaryiusT

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas said that he worked out with Ravens WR Marlon Brown, who helped give him tips on getting up to speed in the offense.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m7 minutes ago

Demaryius: "I never thought I'd be in this situation, coming from where I came."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 7m7 minutes ago

"What it means to be a Denver Bronco? It means a lot, they took a chance on me. It's kind of breath taking." -- @DemaryiusT

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 6m6 minutes ago

"I look forward to working hard and getting us a Super Bowl." -- @DemaryiusT

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m7 minutes ago

Demaryius: "I wasn't going to sit out of games. I was going to play all 16 games."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas said he got "a lot" of support from teammates. Facetimed with some, including Von Miller. Talked w/ Manning as well.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT: "My main focus was being in better shape than I was last year, because I want to have a better year than last year."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT on the tag: "I was still going to play and try to put up big numbers to try to put Denver in a bad situation (joking)."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

DT told me he can be better by "Not taking any plays off, especially blocking. And limit the drops." #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT said it was really tough not going to Duke with Peyton and some of his teammates. "I got so much love for Peyton."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

.@DemaryiusT said he would have been here for camp to learn everything so he wouldn't be behind come the season.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

.@DemaryiusT says that his ankle is fine. "I'm fit. I think I'm a little faster. I think I'm going to play at a [lighter] weight this year."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 21s22 seconds ago

"I think we're a whole new team. New coaching staff, new mindset, new faces, and I'm looking forward to it."
-- @DemaryiusT

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17s18 seconds ago

DT said he will be more of a leader. Was co-captain last yr. But said will speak up more this season after talking to Dawkins, Champ, Sharpe

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

DT said that he doesn't believe he's a product of Peyton Manning. Points to yards after the catch

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Demaryius said he and his mom never discussed the contract.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 28s28 seconds ago

Demaryius said AJ Green was one of the first to hit him up after signing his deal. He said "Thank you" (laughing)

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 39m39 minutes ago

DT said he wants to break NFL single season record for receiving yards. I said in this new offense? "There's a lot of big plays" #broncos

Valar Morghulis
07-17-2015, 12:25 PM
"DT told me he can be better by "Not taking any plays off, especially blocking. And limit the drops." #Broncos

Well if he can sort these issues out - the contract will be great business for us, perhaps even a steal. I am pleased that he is able to articulate these failings and that he is not blinkered by his own hype and ego.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2015, 03:10 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – While Broncos fans restlessly waited for wide receiver Demaryius Thomas to re-sign a long-term contract with Denver on Wednesday, Thomas was confident even as the deadline rapidly approached.

He was confident that everything would fall into place with the team that drafted him in 2010 and helped mold him into the three-time Pro-Bowl receiver he is. Now, Thomas remains confident that he will stay a Bronco and retire in the orange and blue.

“… I kind of knew the whole time,” Thomas said. “I always wanted to finish a Bronco and retire a Bronco. I kind of knew we would get something done. It was just [getting] the right thing.”

Thomas’ five-year contract comes on the heels of a record-breaking year with the Broncos. In his fifth year in the NFL, Thomas set single-season and single-game franchise records in receiving yards in 2014 with 1,619 and 226 yards, respectively.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Demaryius-Thomas-%E2%80%9CI-wanted-to-finish-a-Bronco%E2%80%9D/7ac84f5f-babc-4ed7-bd99-8e61c1332f89

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Five takeaways from Demaryius Thomas' press conference

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-takeaways-from-Demaryius-Thomas-press-conference/c3d76ebd-ed49-46ac-823d-f28ec5db71ae

Thomas: 'I am happy to be back'
Demaryius Thomas met with the media on signing with the Broncos.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas-I-am-happy-to-be-back/4ea942e9-6c66-437c-ad28-ab2a5d0e3ae9