PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders is NFL's 2nd top slot receivers

Magnificent Seven
07-14-2015, 03:56 PM
2) Emmanuel Sanders, Denver Broncos
Some would call Sanders' placement near the top of this list a bit premature, given that he just enjoyed the best season of his career (by far). But this 28-year-old is no one-hit wonder. And yes, while he was out wide a lot last year, Sanders will be spending far more time in the slot in 2015, with second-year man Cody Latimer poised to line up across from Demaryius Thomas on the outside. Sanders also produced as a slot receiver during his time in Pittsburgh; he can combine that experience with his Pro Bowl skill set to torch opponents on an assortment of option, jerk and crossing routes over the middle -- where the Broncos will need a playmaker, given the loss of Julius Thomas in free agency.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500743/article/julian-edelman-randall-cobb-among-nfls-top-slot-receivers

weazel
07-14-2015, 05:02 PM
by the end of the year he may be the 2nd most concussed player in the league. I'm not trying to joke, I don't like the idea of him going back to the slot. He looked dead a few times on the outside last season.

Magnificent Seven
07-14-2015, 05:20 PM
by the end of the year he may be the 2nd most concussed player in the league. I'm not trying to joke, I don't like the idea of him going back to the slot. He looked dead a few times on the outside last season.

Well, he is a fearless WR. He caught balls well and he did his job.

Northman
07-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Sanders got hit a lot as a #2 as well with both slant patterns and screens. Its football, i mean come on.

NightTerror218
07-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I think he may be in the slot but will use his speed to and still go deep since he will most likely get a LB or S on him there.

We will not have as many 3 WR sets as previous years.

DenBronx
07-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Putting him back in the slot makes no sense. He was incredible as the #2 guy. Why fix what wasn't broke? We need his speed on the edges.

SR
07-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Putting him back in the slot makes no sense. He was incredible as the #2 guy. Why fix what wasn't broke? We need his speed on the edges.

He'll be in the slot now if Lattimer produces

TXBRONC
07-16-2015, 07:15 PM

It won't be full time.

weazel
07-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Sanders got hit a lot as a #2 as well with both slant patterns and screens. Its football, i mean come on.

it would suck to have to pay a guy while he's sitting at home in a dark room for a couple years. Didn't the Broncos just let a guy go that was like that?

TXBRONC
07-17-2015, 06:26 PM
it would suck to have to pay a guy while he's sitting at home in a dark room for a couple years. Didn't the Broncos just let a guy go that was like that?

So far Sanders hasn't shown himself to be concussion prone. It doesn't where he lines up the possibility of him getting a concussion is real possibility whether he's on the or in the slot. If he gets a sever concussion while playing on the outside how is that any different than getting one of the same severity playing in the slot?

Northman
07-17-2015, 06:50 PM

It would suck to pay any receiver to sit at home for a couple of years but that can apply to anyone. Welker was on borrowed time as it was because of age but one way or the other somebody has to play that position. And because Sanders is just as deadly as Welker was it makes sense he would be utilized in that position for the benefit of the team.

Ravage!!!
07-18-2015, 11:12 AM

Lattimer has the speed.... Sanders has the quickness to make a good slot.

dogfish
07-19-2015, 07:49 PM

wrap him in bubble wrap!

Timmy!
07-20-2015, 01:03 AM
This is simple.... 2 wr sets (which will be common with 2 te in a kubiak offense base.set), sanders will be split wide. In 3 wr sets (which we will see more than some think) he will line up in the slot, or motion to it, etc...let's just hope Latimer isn't completely useless. Sanders skill set works inside and out. People that think we are going to completely give up on spread sets crack me up. #18 is still the QB. The offense will certainly look different, but if you think we won't run 3-4 wr especially on 3rd down or in hurry up, or whenever peyton and the coaches feel like, please pass that shit my way.

dogfish
07-20-2015, 02:04 AM
This is simple.... 2 wr sets (which will be common with 2 te in a kubiak offense base.set), sanders will be split wide. In 3 wr sets (which we will see more than some think) he will line up in the slot, or motion to it, etc...let's just hope Latimer isn't completely useless. Sanders skill set works inside and out. People that think we are going to completely give up on spread sets crack me up. #18 is still the QB. The offense will certainly look different, but if you think we won't run 3-4 wr especially on 3rd down or in hurry up, or whenever peyton and the coaches feel like, please pass that shit my way.

forget all that. . . he could get a concussion playing in the slot!

i'm scared, i need slim to hold me. . .

TXBRONC
07-20-2015, 10:20 AM
While I agree that it's unlikely that our base offense will have three wide receivers on the field as much as they did the last three years it won't all but disappear it will be still used extensively.