PDA

View Full Version : Bruton gets my nod

Jsteve01
07-03-2015, 11:42 AM
I'll preface it by saying that this is a totally emotionally biased plug for Bruton free safety. we all know that he has the physical ability to play the position. he's by far our fastest safety. The question has always been his hips inability to change direction. all that aside I was in Denver this week they have a procedure done on my oldest daughter at Childrens Hospital.the Broncos had 4 players there that day at around 11 o'clock to announce an official relationship between the Broncos and children's.

at about 930 we were getting ready to prep my daughter for her surgery and I looked up and there was David hanging out an hour and a half before he needed to be at the hospital for the official photo op. my poor daughter was so shy and she was scared about having her procedure done and David was so kind to her and my other daughter. he was very friendly and open and engaging. You could tell he wasn't just talking to us because it was what he was supposed to do. There was genuine concern. I told him that he has my vote at free safety this year and I'm pulling for him to take that next step.

SR
07-03-2015, 11:46 AM
It's good what he did for you and your girls (I hope the surgery went well) and he's great on special teams but he is not a starting safety on this team.

Northman
07-03-2015, 11:46 AM
If he can beat the other players at the position than he should get the nod for sure.

underrated29
07-03-2015, 12:00 PM
He needs to take some Salsa classes or have shakira teach him some things......Those hips dont lie

Jsteve01
07-03-2015, 12:06 PM
yes I know as I said in my disclaimer extremely biased.not sure of anybody else on their roster that really excites me the kid we picked up from Indianapolis doesn't really make me go gaga

Ziggy
07-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Great story. I hope everything came out well with your daughter's surgery.

Jsteve01
07-03-2015, 12:19 PM
thanks Zggy. It did. she was born with her esophagus and trachea connected and her esophagus didn't connect to her stomach. she had surgery to fix all those issues about 6 years ago. her pulmonologist just wanted to go in and look at the surgery site on the trachea to see how her airway was doing.glad to see you're not still frustrated with me about my statements on Deke lol

SR
07-03-2015, 12:28 PM
yes I know as I said in my disclaimer extremely biased.not sure of anybody else on their roster that really excites me the kid we picked up from Indianapolis doesn't really make me go gaga

The guy from Baltimore you mean?

Dzone
07-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Awesome. I just became a Bruton fan after reading this

oubronco
07-03-2015, 03:19 PM
That's so Awesome and I'm glad your daughter is ok

Ziggy
07-04-2015, 02:36 AM
thanks Zggy. It did. she was born with her esophagus and trachea connected and her esophagus didn't connect to her stomach. she had surgery to fix all those issues about 6 years ago. her pulmonologist just wanted to go in and look at the surgery site on the trachea to see how her airway was doing.glad to see you're not still frustrated with me about my statements on Deke lol

I'm not frustrated. Through my job and my faith I've learned never to take offense. People forget that the reason it's called taking offense is because you actually have to take it. No one can offend you if you don't let them. I consider our disagreements on this forum all good banter. If everyone's opinion were the same this place would be boring.

Glad your baby girl is doing well. I loved the story.

SoCalImport
07-04-2015, 05:05 AM
He played well when called to start last season. Even if Bruton can't win the start this year, I think we all agree that we're happy he's on the team.

Valar Morghulis
07-04-2015, 05:24 AM
he really stepped up down the stretch last year - i don't know if he is good enough to start, but i totally agree, he is well worth a roster spot and because of this story, i am now pulling for him too

Buff
07-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Very cool - Bruton is all class. He seemed to turn a corner at safety last year as well. One of my favorite current Broncos for sure.

Bronco4ever
07-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Very cool - Bruton is all class. He seemed to turn a corner at safety last year as well. One of my favorite current Broncos for sure.

Agreed on all accounts. He's been the Special Teams captain for how many years now? Most assuredly he's kept it because he's a leader on and off the field.