PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo Bursting on the NFL Scene

Medford Bronco
12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Bursting on the NFL Scene

Talk about bursting on the scene in the NFL. Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys has done that.

In 21 career starts he has thrown already 50 TDs and only 24 Ints.

He did play a half in his first real action last season in a Monday Night loss vs the NY Giants where Drew Bledsoe threw his last NFL pass in his career.

So far in his 21 starts he hascompiled a 16-5 lifetime record (not including the playoffs).

His 2007 his numbers are even more mind boggling, he has thrown a Dallas Cowboys franchise record 33 TD passes against only 14 interceptions and 3352 Yards.

He has taken very well to Jason Garrett's offense also completing 66% of his passes on 252 of 382 and has a QB rating of 107.1.

If it not for Tom Brady having a historic season, Romo would be one of the favorites for winning the leagues MVP.

Some people will counter that Romo has great talent on his offense and I do
agree, including Terrell Owens, 71 catches 1249 yards and 12 tds,

Jason Witten 65 for 817 yards and 6 tds and a very well balanced running

attack with Marion Barber 162 rushes for 796 yards, 7 Td and Julius Jones with 133 rushes for 521 yards and 2 TD.

Romo has shown he can come back from adversity very much so.

Who can forget him dropping the snap on a potential game winning FG vs Seattle in the playoffs last year and to me a possible chance at getting to a Super Bowl.

He also shook off a 5 int performace vs Buffalo on a Monday Night to lead Dallas to 9 pts in the last 2 minutes of the game to an eventual wild 24-22 victory.

Dallas has scored 24 points or more in every game and 27 or more in all games except 2.

I feel that this team has the offense to hang with any team in the NFL. Earlier thisyear they did lose to New England 48-27 but had a brief lead in 3rd Qtr.

Their defense has played better in recent weeks and with the addition of Tank Johnson to their defensive line, LB DeMacus Ware (10 sacks)

and DE Greg Ellis (10 sacks) have a very good front 7 to pressure any QB it plays against.

This unit also does the most important thing it has to to make the opponents predictable, they stop the run by only giving up 85.6 yards per game.

All in all Dallas, led by Tony Romo is clearly the class of the NFC and hopefully
can take this to the Super Bowl as they have the best chance

of making whomever the NFC plays in the Super Bowl a run for their money

because if it is not Dallas, I see another of a long list of boring Super Bowls

possibly being played out in early February 2008 this season.

omac
12-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Nice article, Medford Bronco! :cheers:

I'm glad Tony Romo is doing real well; he seems like a real nice guy. I felt bad for him after the botched hold of the kick attempt last season. I did find it ridiculous that a lot of people, including some Dallas fans, were thinking of him as a choker and wrote off his performances as lucky, or as other teams not having footage of him. He was obviously good, but some people like to tear him down.

Dallas is one of the strongest, most balanced teams in the NFL; funny how perceptions change from pre-season. During the Broncos preseason game with them, Dallas dominated, yet it was difficult to believe that they were better than the Broncos. Come regular season, they proved they were better than almost every team in the NFL. Oh what a difference a year makes.

Escobar
12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
i still think this guy sucks, he plays weak nfc pathetic defenses most of the time, look what happens when he plays against good AFC defenses?

Medford Bronco
12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
i still think this guy sucks, he plays weak nfc pathetic defenses most of the time, look what happens when he plays against good AFC defenses?

he does not suck Escobar, you do not have to like him
you basically have cheapened his whole season due to one bad game vs Buffalo he still won

If he sucks what are 85 % of the NFL QBs besides Brady and Manning

Anderson then really sucks if Romo sucks
Carson Palmer must suck too and of course
Jay Cutler sucks too in your eyes correct :rolleyes:

Escobar
12-06-2007, 12:43 AM
he does not suck Escobar, you do not have to like him
you basically have cheapened his whole season due to one bad game vs Buffalo he still won

If he sucks what are 85 % of the NFL QBs besides Brady and Manning

Anderson then really sucks if Romo sucks
Carson Palmer must suck too and of course
Jay Cutler sucks too in your eyes correct :rolleyes:

his team won it for him, he had no part in that victory. I just think he is he extremely overrated. And i never said jay cutler sucks, i just said plummer is better than him and he is.

Medford Bronco
12-06-2007, 12:47 AM
his team won it for him, he had no part in that victory. I just think he is he extremely overrated. And i never said jay cutler sucks, i just said plummer is better than him and he is.

I am just making an analagy

Plummer might have been better in 05 but not know and Cutler IMO will surpass him, at least I hope so.

Romo is so much better than the Qbs I listed it is not even funny
and none of them suck in my eyes

the only Qbs that suck are Tavaras Jackson, Rex Grossman, Chip Beck or whatever that stiff in Miamis name is, Trent Dilfer and Matt Cassel
those guys suck to me

sorry If I came on harsh, I just do not think someone with 33 tds on a team that is 10-1 can suck. The NFC east defenses are good IMO