PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James opts out of final year of contract with Cavs

Northman
06-28-2015, 04:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13163726/lebron-james-bypass-option-cleveland-cavaliers-become-free-agent

LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) will bypass his $21.6 million player option with the Cleveland Cavaliers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-cavaliers) and become a free agent on July 1, sources told ESPN.com.The move, which was expected, marks the third time in the past six years that James will be an unrestricted free agent. This time is expected to have a different outcome, as James intends to re-sign with his current team, sources said.

LeBron James is opting out but intends to re-sign with the Cavs, sources told ESPN. Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesJames also does not plan to meet with other teams, sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

Last week, Cavs general manager David Griffin said the team had been in regular contact with James since the end of the Finals and that he was "very engaged" in discussions about the roster. Sources told ESPN, however, it is James' intention to stay somewhat removed from the Cavs' free agency until other free agents are handled.

DenBronx
06-28-2015, 04:58 PM
He's no Jordan. I think we established that in the last thread. Not as good nor is he an equal.

Wouldn't be suprised if he ended up with the Spurs, Thunder or Golden State. Hahaha

Championnnnnnship. #winning #charliesheen

Northman
06-28-2015, 04:59 PM
I thought he might leave too but apparently he just wants it restructured. But, we shall see if that actually pans out as he plans to wait until the other free agents are re-signed. I had read though that the Blazers are interested in Love.

BroncoWave
06-28-2015, 05:00 PM
He's no Jordan. I think we established that in the last thread. Not as good nor is he an equal.

Wouldn't be suprised if he ended up with the Spurs, Thunder or Golden State. Hahaha

Want to make a bet? I'll take LeBron in Cleveland and you get the 29 other teams. Any terms you want, make them as extreme as possible.

DenBronx
06-28-2015, 05:01 PM

Want to make a bet? I'll take LeBron in Cleveland and you get the 29 other teams. Any terms you want, make them as extreme as possible.

Nope, the pressure is on for him to stay in Cleveland. I said I wouldn't be suprised, not that it was the gospel truth.

BroncoWave
06-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Nope, the pressure is on for him to stay in Cleveland. I said I wouldn't be suprised, not that it was the gospel truth.

There is a 0% chance he signs somewhere other than Cleveland this offseason.

DenBronx
06-28-2015, 05:05 PM

There is a 0% chance he signs somewhere other than Cleveland this offseason.

He wants Blatt gone and if the big baby doesn't get his way I wouldn't be suprised if he left. He's waiting to see what the Cavs will do.

Meanwhile im laughing my dick off.

BroncoWave
06-28-2015, 05:07 PM
He wants Blatt gone and if the big baby doesn't get his way I wouldn't be suprised if he left. He's waiting to see what the Cavs will do.

You're right, if Cleveland does something that no modern NBA team would ever do and go against the wishes of the best player in the game, then yeah, they could lose him.

So like I said, 0% chance.

DenBronx
06-28-2015, 05:13 PM

You're right, if Cleveland does something that no modern NBA team would ever do and go against the wishes of the best player in the game, then yeah, they could lose him.

So like I said, 0% chance.

Oh ok Nostradamus. That's like saying there's 0% chance I won't get in a car wreck on the way to work tomorrow. There's always a chance. If the Cavs owner goes senile again and starts pulling Josh McDaniles type of moves then Lebron could walk. It's simple, he's playing the wait and see game now. If the big baby doesn't like it he goes elsewhere. It's at least possible....

MOtorboat
06-28-2015, 05:43 PM

Oh ok Nostradamus. That's like saying there's 0% chance I won't get in a car wreck on the way to work tomorrow. There's always a chance. If the Cavs owner goes senile again and starts pulling Josh McDaniles type of moves then Lebron could walk. It's simple, he's playing the wait and see game now. If the big baby doesn't like it he goes elsewhere. It's at least possible....

There are zero relevant or coherent thoughts here.

MOtorboat
06-28-2015, 05:44 PM
@HPbasketball: Report: LeBron does the thing everyone’s said he was going to do for several months and will do the other thing everyone has said.

This is basically red tape and absolutely nothing to get excited about.

MOtorboat
06-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Remember when the greedy, crybaby Jordan demanded Phil Jackson be re-signed and when he got $30 million for a single season?

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-07-13/sports/sp-23758_1_jordan

Poet
06-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Jordan was dealing with horrible management in the Bulls. I can understand his frustration. LBJ does have a bit of a history of being a baby, so it's probably easier to label him as doing that now. But I don't think he's being a baby now.

Dapper Dan
06-28-2015, 10:26 PM
@HPbasketball: Report: LeBron does the thing everyone’s said he was going to do for several months and will do the other thing everyone has said.

This is basically red tape and absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Was that after his 4th championship?

MOtorboat
06-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Was that after his 4th championship?

Did you quote the wrong post or are insinuating that only someone who wins the arbitrary four championships is allowed to maximize his earning potential?

Dapper Dan
06-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Did you quote the wrong post or are insinuating that only someone who wins the arbitrary four championships is allowed to maximize his earning potential?

Yeah, I meant to quote the Jordan post you made.

MOtorboat
06-28-2015, 11:15 PM

In that case, yes 1996 he signed for $33 million for 1 year and in 1997 he signed for $30 million for 1 year. Both are the richest single year contracts in American sports history. No one has made that much in a single season, let alone two seasons. The Bulls did that because Jordan was rumored to be going to New York.

Simple Jaded
06-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Bron Bron should return just for causing the Cavs to trade Andrew Wiggins for next to nothing.

DenBronx
06-29-2015, 08:32 PM

In that case, yes 1996 he signed for $33 million for 1 year and in 1997 he signed for $30 million for 1 year. Both are the richest single year contracts in American sports history. No one has made that much in a single season, let alone two seasons. The Bulls did that because Jordan was rumored to be going to New York.

Imo, the Bulls got a steal.

MOtorboat
07-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Derp.

BroncoWave
07-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Derp.

Didn't even talk to another team. But yeah, there was totally a chance of him signing elsewhere. :lol:

Northman
07-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Burp.

DenBronx
07-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Slurp.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Shart

DenBronx
07-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Queef