PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders on Pats: "I don't think they should be the Super Bowl champion"

VonDoom
06-25-2015, 09:30 PM
I considered putting this in the bloated Pats thread, but since this is actually Bronco related, I figured it deserved its own thread.

"Am I mad about #Deflategate?'' Sanders said, repeating the youngster's question. "I feel like I'm on ESPN with that question. … Yeah, yeah, I'm kind of mad. I don't think that they should be the Super Bowl champion this year.

"You aren't supposed to cheat. Cheating is not good, especially when you've got guys who are working they're butts off for 365 days out of the year and one person cheats – whether it helps them win the Super Bowl or not, they still cheated and shouldn't be a champion."

Agree or disagree, these are really strong words, the strongest I've heard from anyone associated with our team. Should make for an even more heated game in Denver this year.

The rest: http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/06/25/emmanuel-sanders-new-england-patriots/29294051/

Pudge
06-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Hey, we're trying to get Pags back and this isn't helping.

Northman
06-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Well, he's certainly entitled to his opinion but it wont change anything. They are SB champions whether he likes it or not.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Fargin' War!

underrated29
06-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Hot dam I love me some manny sanders!

UnderArmour
06-25-2015, 11:42 PM
He used to be a Steeler, so he's used to whining. Disagree with both his statement and him saying it, but not going to hold it against him. The Patriots corners are nothing compared to last year, I don't think any amount of bulletin board material will turn Deion Butler into Darrelle Revis.

Pudge
06-25-2015, 11:56 PM
He used to be a Steeler, so he's used to whining. Disagree with both his statement and him saying it, but not going to hold it against him. The Patriots corners are nothing compared to last year, I don't think any amount of bulletin board material will turn Deion Butler into Darrelle Revis.

Bill Belichick consistently builds a team that's a contender. I hate the guy, I wish he develop Alzheimer's and then his family abandons him into a lonely nursing home, but the dude is a great coach. Every year we try to discredit him, find glaring weaknesses in his team, and every year he proves us wrong. I won't count out the pats, and who knows, they may get better at cheating ;)

Dzone
06-26-2015, 07:54 AM
I love Sanders but it would be best if he just **** on this subject

CrazyHorse
06-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Yeah, **** the Patriots. Too bad this isn't the NCAA.

Northman
06-26-2015, 11:22 AM
Speaking of which, Brady had his appeal hearing on Tuesday. Was there any comment on what happened or has it not been reported yet?

Cugel
06-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Belicheck is probably thinking that it's ridiculous for the league to sanction the Pats for this piddling little crap that doesn't even affect the outcome of games, when the REAL cheating that he's doing has remained undetected for years. If Bill wrote a tell-all book now about all the cheating he's done over the years, they'd probably have to ban him from the NFL. And Deflategate would not deserve more than a paragraph or two.

VonDoom
06-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Speaking of which, Brady had his appeal hearing on Tuesday. Was there any comment on what happened or has it not been reported yet?

Fox Sports says we probably won't have a decision until "mid to late July." They have until next week to get the post hearing briefs entered. You had to know it wouldn't be quick, right?

Northman
06-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Fox Sports says we probably won't have a decision until "mid to late July." They have until next week to get the post hearing briefs entered. You had to know it wouldn't be quick, right?

I thought it might be a couple of days.

Dzone
06-26-2015, 03:00 PM
According to Jason whitlock, this whole Brady suspension is a racial issue. Time to play the race card on this one!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-26-2015, 04:14 PM
According to Jason whitlock, this whole Brady suspension is a racial issue. Time to play the race card on this one!

I'd like to hear what he's inferring. Whitlock is usually fairly level headed about that stuff

Northman
06-26-2015, 05:54 PM
I'd like to hear what he's inferring. Whitlock is usually fairly level headed about that stuff

He is? Lmao

VonDoom
06-26-2015, 06:16 PM

Whitlock does not think Goodell will reduce Brady’s suspension because he wants to please the black players in the NFL who have served suspensions or been hit with fines for their missteps on the field and off the field.

“I think Goodell went into this looking to affirm the four-game suspension. He’s trying to please the rank and file players that think his discipline has been directed at too many black players; too many non-superstar players. They want to see him take on Tom Brady, the guy sitting at the top. Only person they would love better is if this was Peyton Manning. I think Goodell’s under a lot of pressure to please James Harrison and some other players.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/23/espns-whitlock-nfl-will-uphold-suspension-of-brady-due-to-pressure-from-black-players/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-26-2015, 06:59 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/23/espns-whitlock-nfl-will-uphold-suspension-of-brady-due-to-pressure-from-black-players/

That's interesting. I don't know how he could avoid directing most of it at the black players since, well, 90% of the league IS black. :laugh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-26-2015, 07:02 PM
He is? Lmao

Hey man, when I heard Whitlock say John Elway was the most dominant football player he's ever seen I knew he was a genuise. :D

VonDoom
06-26-2015, 08:30 PM
That's interesting. I don't know how he could avoid directing most of it at the black players since, well, 90% of the league IS black. :laugh:

Yeah, it's kind of a weird thing to say. I get the idea that the average player wants to see Goodell be consistent in his punishments, even if it's a big star. Just because there are a lot of black players doesn't make it a racial issue, though

TXBRONC
06-27-2015, 03:35 PM

I heard the meeting went on for like 8 hours.