PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning sends letter, autographed photo for late fan

Denver Native (Carol)
06-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Peyton Manning lifted the spirits of a grieving family Tuesday, sending a birthday gift to one of his fans in Indiana who was killed earlier this year by a drunk driver.

Logan Brown, 15, was killed in March in a head-on collision with another car driven by a man whose blood alcohol content was four times the legal limit. Gayle Ricketts, Brown's grandmother, later wrote to Manning to share her grandson's story.

"As a grandmother, I felt like I should let Peyton know this young man idolized him and what he meant in his life," Ricketts told WFIE-TV in Evansville.

On Tuesday, which would have been Brown's 16th birthday, a package came in the mail from Manning. Inside was a handwritten letter and an autographed photo of Manning with "In memory of Logan Allen Brown" and the Denver Broncos quarterback's signature on it.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13146525/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-sends-gift-family-teen-killed-crash

VonDoom
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Great story. I think Peyton probably does stuff like this all the time and it doesn't get any publicity. Class act all the way, but we knew that already.