PDA

View Full Version : Training camp schedule announced

VonDoom
06-25-2015, 11:16 AM
For you locals. After the renovation, spectators will be allowed back in this year:

From July 31 until Aug. 20, the public will be able to attend 14 Broncos training camp sessions from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., free of charge. Gates for public practices will open approximately one hour before the session begins.

“It’s really exciting," said Chip Conway, Vice President of Operations. "Missing the fans last year at camp – the players feed off of their energy just like on game day. So the players really missed it, they’re excited to get them back. The organization’s excited - Mr. Bowlen put a lot of money in the facility renovation and we’re excited to see everyone over there on that slope and having a good time.”

The rest: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-announce-2015-training-camp-schedule/60b39e9c-26d3-46b7-b3e4-c6a693b42d63

TXBRONC
06-25-2015, 11:54 AM
I wish I could afford to go.

Dzone
06-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Dang, its almost football season.

Valar Morghulis
06-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Dang, its almost football season.

I just felt some blood diverting from its usual route towards my groin

Ziggy
06-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Last year was a downer. First time I hadn't been to a training camp since 1988.

GEM
06-29-2015, 10:01 AM
No practice at the stadium this year. :( Stinks!!!

Apparently the face lift to the stadium is the reason.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-29-2015, 10:25 AM

Not sure what the reason is - other events are scheduled for the stadium
http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/event-calendar

I am just hoping those events do not mess up the face lift

VonDoom
06-29-2015, 10:33 AM

I read that they're not doing the scrimmage there this year because they're worried about the field condition going into the season. The field was in bad shape early in the year last year, if I remember correctly.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-29-2015, 11:02 AM
The Broncos announced their 2015 training camp practice schedule that will be open to fans at the team's practice facility at Dove Valley.

The 14 practices, as well as its annual scrimmage, will be free and open to the public at the Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Broncos Centre in Englewood. The first is scheduled for Friday, July 31, and all will be held from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Gates open approximately one hour before each session begins.

AND

This year, the team's facilities have switched roles: Sports Authority Field recently recieved a new turf, and to preserve the condition of the field before the start of the season, all camp practices, as well as the annual summer scrimmage, will be held at the practice facility. The Dove Valley facility can accommodate more fans since it was renovated. The previous capacity was around 5,000. Fans will be seated along the grassy west end of the practice fields.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28380430/denver-broncos-announce-2015-training-camp-practice-schedule

Apparently they feel that the 4 lacrosse games, Drums Along the Rockies, and a concert, all of which are schedule for the stadium, will not damage the new turf.

VonDoom
06-29-2015, 03:02 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28380430/denver-broncos-announce-2015-training-camp-practice-schedule

Apparently they feel that the 4 lacrosse games, Drums Along the Rockies, and a concert, all of which are schedule for the stadium, will not damage the new turf.

Yeah, I mean, that is a little weird. I'm just going by what Troy Renck had tweeted the other day:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck Jun 25

No #Broncos scrimmage at stadium for 2 reasons: more seating for fans now at Dove Valley and want game field pristine after issues last year

topscribe
06-29-2015, 03:12 PM
Do we have somebody to go and feed reports back to us this year?

TXBRONC
06-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I mean, that is a little weird. I'm just going by what Troy Renck had tweeted the other day:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck Jun 25

No #Broncos scrimmage at stadium for 2 reasons: more seating for fans now at Dove Valley and want game field pristine after issues last year

I wonder how they can keep field pristine with those other activities that are scheduled.

topscribe
I just felt some blood diverting from its usual route towards my groin
The usual route for your blood is toward your groin?

Valar Morghulis

Someone provided some really good Twitter updates last year - can't remember who

TXBRONC
06-29-2015, 03:14 PM

People are banking you getting hired on as a security guard.

topscribe
06-29-2015, 03:16 PM
People are banking you getting hired on as a security guard.
I'm a pretty good runner. I could say something about their mama and then run.
If I get them to chase me, it gets them out of the gate. Problem solved. :coffee:

BroncoJoe
06-29-2015, 04:01 PM
I never understood the fascination about going to training camp. I live maybe 5 miles from Dove Valley - have never attended.

It's practice, man! Practice!

VonDoom
06-29-2015, 06:03 PM

Practice - we talkin' bout it

underrated29
06-29-2015, 06:12 PM
I never understood the fascination about going to training camp. I live maybe 5 miles from Dove Valley - have never attended.

Because its awesome. Thats why. Get to scout out our guys, get a good look. I can tell so much about our team and how they are likely to perform by what I see on TC. Especially when you consider this our last shot for a SB before things get up in the air. Its similar to the games and when all i have in summer is baseball, i will watch any kind of football i can get.

BroncoJoe
06-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Because its awesome. Thats why. Get to scout out our guys, get a good look. I can tell so much about our team and how they are likely to perform by what I see on TC. Especially when you consider this our last shot for a SB before things get up in the air. Its similar to the games and when all i have in summer is baseball, i will watch any kind of football i can get.

I'm glad you enjoy it. I guess I have too many other things to occupy my time and mind during the offseason. I still think watching practice is a waste of time, but I'm happy others enjoy it.

BroncoWave
06-29-2015, 06:52 PM
I'm glad you enjoy it. I guess I have too many other things to occupy my time and mind during the offseason. I still think watching practice is a waste of time, but I'm happy others enjoy it.

You get to see your favorite players up close for free. I don't see the downside there?

sneakers
07-04-2015, 04:11 AM
July 31st?

Isn't that later than usual?

or is this another Goodell tactic to get football to go until March again

sneakers
07-04-2015, 04:12 AM

meh, it gets boring pretty quickly tbh

sneakers
07-04-2015, 04:12 AM
I'm a pretty good runner. I could say something about their mama and then run.
If I get them to chase me, it gets them out of the gate. Problem solved. :coffee:

holy shit topscribe's back

underrated29
07-04-2015, 10:30 AM

Damn right Joseph!

pnbronco
07-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Someone provided some really good Twitter updates last year - can't remember who

It was UR.....

Hey UR I'm up for going as much as possible if you are. I can write a report, I don't twitter as of now, but just know I don't see things like he does. But I can you who has great calves....:D

DenBronx
07-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I always look forward to fans that post training camp updates. You guys include so many more details then what the actual reporters give us.

Sometimes I wish I lived in Denver. I'd go to all of these.

Not trading this Cali weather for the world though.