PDA

View Full Version : Wade is #10 coordinator

Dzone
06-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Mcdaniels #1 ...soon some team will pay him to become a HC again...Not sure if this was posted yet
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498592/article/ranking-the-top-20-coordinators-across-the-nfl-who-is-no-1?campaign=facebook_writers_brooks

Poet
06-25-2015, 12:54 AM
It's not McDaniels, it's BB. He's had so many vaunted coordinators leave throughout the years and his teams have always been strong. Not saying McDaniels isn't a strong coordinator, but I think the list overrates him.

DenBronx
06-25-2015, 01:57 AM
I hope McDaniels goes to the AFCW so we can beat the snot out of him 2x a year.

dogfish
06-25-2015, 02:52 AM
but #1 in our hearts. . .

:defense: :defense:

broncofaninfla
06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
I can't take any list serious that has Josh McDaniels #1

BroncoWave
06-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Solid list.

Valar Morghulis
06-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Brady and bellicheck has allowed mcdouche to get this.

I think he is a better coordinator than most on here and I expect him to be a good head coach soon as well - but no way is he number one

TXBRONC
06-25-2015, 11:49 AM

When MO hears who is considered number one he will grow an inch taller.

FanInAZ
06-25-2015, 04:08 PM
It's not McDaniels, it's BB. He's had so many vaunted coordinators leave throughout the years and his teams have always been strong. Not saying McDaniels isn't a strong coordinator, but I think the list overrates him.

You know what he did to the Broncos, & Shane can tell you what he did to the Rams. There's no bloody way you can credit him with the Patriots continued success on O no matter who they have as OC.

BroncoWave
06-25-2015, 04:22 PM
You know what he did to the Broncos, & Shane can tell you what he did to the Rams. There's no bloody way you can credit him with the Patriots continued success on O no matter who they have as OC.

Don't really see what his stints in Denver and St. Louis have to do with the job he is currently doing in New England.

FanInAZ
06-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Don't really see what his stints in Denver and St. Louis have to do with the job he is currently doing in New England.

When he had a chance to build his own O here in Denver, he failed. He went to St. Louis to run their O, & it was the worst in the league. Now he's back with a team that's succeeded with any OC that they've had since Brady & people want to say that its proof of how good he is?

Poet
06-25-2015, 04:30 PM

This sums it up pretty well for me. I think he's got a good mind for the game and I don't think he's anything less than pretty good. But his spot at number one is pretty suspect.

BroncoWave
06-25-2015, 04:53 PM
When he had a chance to build his own O here in Denver, he failed. He went to St. Louis to run their O, & it was the worst in the league. Now he's back with a team that's succeeded with any OC that they've had since Brady & people want to say that its proof of how good he is?

As head coach, you don't really control the offense the same way as if you were a coordinator. You are more of an overseer. In St. Louis, he had garbage for talent to work with. His work in New England has been nothing but exemplary. Outside of Brady and Gronk, it's not like their offense is exactly teeming with pro bowl players. He has done a great job there.

silkamilkamonico
06-25-2015, 06:37 PM
McDaniels did a great job last year of changing the offense to protect Brady after his whatever+ sack performance against KC early in the year. It was the complete opposite of what Adam Gase did, who was probably #1 on this list a year before because of Peyton Manning, Demariouys Thomas, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas.

DenBronx
06-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Manning, Decker, DT and Julius. That offense was sick!!!

MOtorboat
06-26-2015, 06:23 PM

You ******* know it. Love that man.

Simple Jaded
06-29-2015, 04:14 PM
I hope McDaniels is NE's next HC.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-29-2015, 04:55 PM
I hope McDaniels is NE's next HC.

That would be glorious.

Jsteve01
06-29-2015, 09:33 PM
As head coach, you don't really control the offense the same way as if you were a coordinator. You are more of an overseer. In St. Louis, he had garbage for talent to work with. His work in New England has been nothing but exemplary. Outside of Brady and Gronk, it's not like their offense is exactly teeming with pro bowl players. He has done a great job there. If you think he was just an overseer you just weren't paying attention. He called his own plays and McCoy was nothing more than a figure head. If you don't think he meddled in literally everything take a look at his interaction with one of the more respected coaches in the league in Mike Nolan. Seriously He was involved in everything from scripting/calling plays to shipping young talent. You can't defend anything he did while a coach here. He got lucky and drafted Thomas and Decker. That about sums up he good of his tenure

Jsteve01
06-29-2015, 09:38 PM
I think 10 for Wade is fair. you're essentially saying he's a top five defensive coordinator and his career bears that out. I am literally ecstatic to see what he does with this roster. This is easily the most talented defensive lineup we've fielded since the Crush days of the late 70s and early 80s. Just have to get guys healthy. I am also pretty excited to see what Wolfe does in this system and under Kolar. I remember last year reading a Texans reporter state that Wolfe's ability at the POA was completely underrated and that he was the unsung hero of this defense. Del Rio's vanilla fronts did nothing to help him.

TXBRONC
06-29-2015, 09:46 PM
If you think he was just an overseer you just weren't paying attention. He called his own plays and McCoy was nothing more than a figure head. If you don't think he meddled in literally everything take a look at his interaction with one of the more respected coaches in the league in Mike Nolan. Seriously He was involved in everything from scripting/calling plays to shipping young talent. You can't defend anything he did while a coach here. He got lucky and drafted Thomas and Decker. That about sums up he good of his tenure

One of the criticisms of McDaniels was that he micromanaged everything.

BroncoJoe
06-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Considering how many coordinators there are in the NFL, being #10 is pretty damn good.

TXBRONC
06-30-2015, 10:01 AM
Back to Wade. I was not at all shocked to find that Phillips was considered in the top ten of coordinators. Give Wade Phillips reins to the defensive side of the ball and he'll build a defense you can win with.

Dzone
06-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Why isnt Gase on this list? Wasnt he supposed to be the next genius?

Valar Morghulis
06-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Why isnt Gase on this list? Wasnt he supposed to be the next genius?

He was until he ran repeated bubble screens for two straight years

TXBRONC
06-30-2015, 02:06 PM
He was until he ran repeated bubble screens for two straight years

I would take Gase over McDaniels any day of the week.

Valar Morghulis
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM
I would take Gase over McDaniels any day of the week.

As an oc?

TXBRONC
06-30-2015, 05:42 PM
As an oc?

Yes as an o.c.

ShaneFalco
06-30-2015, 07:32 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19143504

Mcdaniels had bradford and sjax to work with. Not really "garbage"

Valar Morghulis
07-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Yes as an o.c.

I think if we remove what McDaniels did in Denver and just look at how he had managed to scheme and game plan an average offence to be elite for years, McD wins hands down

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Let's talk about how awesome Josh McDaniels is.

Valar Morghulis
07-01-2015, 01:05 AM
Let's talk about how awesome Josh McDaniels is.

Lol. I am not saying he is flawless or that he was a good head coach in Denver - just that I would pick him over Gase as OC.

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 01:07 AM
Lol. I am not saying he is flawless or that he was a good head coach in Denver - just that I would pick him over Gase as OC.

He is a god amongst men.

Valar Morghulis
07-01-2015, 01:51 AM
He is a god amongst men.

????

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 02:06 AM
????

Did I misspeak?

Valar Morghulis
07-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Did I misspeak?

Lol, I can't work out if you are serious or facetious

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Lol, I can't work out if you are serious or facetious

I love Josh McDaniels.

Valar Morghulis
07-01-2015, 02:27 AM
I love Josh McDaniels.

Still don't know if you are being serious or not!

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 02:29 AM
Still don't know if you are being serious or not!

Oh.

I assure you, I am as serious as King is about a cheeseburger at lunch time.

Poet
07-01-2015, 02:32 AM
Oh.

I assure you, I am as serious as King is about a cheeseburger at lunch time.

This is quite serious.

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 02:35 AM
This is quite serious.

I'm just trying to win a mother****ing game, man.

Poet
07-01-2015, 02:38 AM
I'm just trying to win a mother****ing game, man.

I'm just trying to eat a mother ******* cheeseburger, man.

Valar Morghulis
07-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Why do you like him so much

MOtorboat
07-01-2015, 03:06 AM
Why do you like him so much

He had the foresight to trade Cutler.

Yeah, he lost the next year, but keeping Cutler would have put this franchise in, what I like to call, Nuggets with Karl land. Good enough to win 7 or 8 games, not good enough to do anything. Say, like win four straight division titles and win an AFC Championship, despite everyone hating the last four years.

BroncoWave
07-01-2015, 07:26 AM
despite everyone hating the last four years.

You had me until this part. Are you really still spinning this narrative? You're just smarter than this, Mo.

Simple Jaded
07-02-2015, 10:10 PM
I think if we remove what McDaniels did in Denver and just look at how he had managed to scheme and game plan an average offence to be elite for years, McD wins hands down

I'm sorry which average offense was this?

Valar Morghulis
07-02-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry which average offense was this?

Almost every pats one.

Take out gronk, and he had made average players be productive for years in his system

Jsteve01
07-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Mo and I rode the McDaniels train until the wheels fell off. it drove off a cliff into a lake in a rock quarry and he's now screaming his praise of the Daniels at the bottom of the at which point it drove off a cliff into a lake in a rock quarry and he's now screaming his praise of McDaniels at the bottom of the lake

MOtorboat
07-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Mo and I rode the McDaniels train until the wheels fell off. it drove off a cliff into a lake in a rock quarry and he's now screaming his praise of the Daniels at the bottom of the at which point it drove off a cliff into a lake in a rock quarry and he's now screaming his praise of McDaniels at the bottom of the lake

He is Poseiden.

Simple Jaded
07-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Almost every pats one.

Take out gronk, and he had made average players be productive for years in his system

That same offense didn't miss a beat without him, evidence shows it's the other way around. Without McDaniels the Patriots are the Patriots, without the Patriots McDaniels is just a guy. A short, dysfunctional guy with monumentally poor judgement.

Valar Morghulis
07-02-2015, 11:17 PM
That same offense didn't miss a beat without him, evidence shows it's the other way around. Without McDaniels the Patriots are the Patriots, without the Patriots McDaniels is just a guy. A short, dysfunctional guy with monumentally poor judgement.

Nice riposte.

Who is the better coordinator, gase or mcd

Simple Jaded
07-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice riposte.

Who is the better coordinator, gase or mcd

McDaniels.

Valar Morghulis
07-03-2015, 12:57 PM
McDaniels.

Lol

TXBRONC
07-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Almost every pats one.

He didn't do that Brady did.

Poet
07-05-2015, 08:39 PM
That offense has a lot of tools at it's disposal. One week they can go power run heavy with Blount/that other guy Blount replaced, the next they can nickel and dime you in the passing game. The only tool the Patriots have missed on offense is a consistent deep threat.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 12:32 AM
He didn't do that Brady did.

Gase did nothing in Denver Peyton did....

TXBRONC
07-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Gase did nothing in Denver Peyton did....

Gase was the quarterbacks coach when Denver started their playoff run with Tebow so yeah he did more than McDaniels.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Gase was the quarterbacks coach when Denver started their playoff run with Tebow so yeah he did more McDaniels.

In his career or at Denver.
Are just trying to be obtuse

underrated29
07-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Mcdaniels>Gase>Mccoy

in terms of OC.

BroncoJoe
07-06-2015, 11:10 AM
This isn't a McDaniels thread, but I guess since we're generally talking of the Coordinator rankings...

I hate McDaniels. I do believe, however, that if he had more of an opportunity to shape this team into what he wanted, we'd be good. Really good. I was fine with the Cutler fiasco - didn't like the draft pick to begin with. I was also fine with him "blowing up" a team that was mediocre for quite some time before he got here.

He is going to be a hell of a coach one day. If I'm wrong, I'll eat some crow, but that's what I believe.

Still LOVE the hiring of Wade. Our defense is going to be fun to watch this season.

TXBRONC
07-06-2015, 11:13 AM
In his career or at Denver.
Are just trying to be obtuse

I thought I made it clear I was talking about his career in Denver so no I trying to be obtuse. Btw disagreeing with you and the the very inconsistent MO doesn't make me obstuse.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 11:41 AM
I thought I made it clear I was talking about his career in Denver so no I trying to be obtuse. Btw disagreeing with you and the the very inconsistent MO doesn't make me obstuse.

Ok mate.

That was not clear - nor was it what I was talking about. I was talking full body of work

MOtorboat
07-06-2015, 11:46 AM

So, specifically, what am I inconsistent about?

Poet
07-06-2015, 03:31 PM
The only two quarterback's I've seen you guys like are Elway and Peyton Manning. I mean as a fanbase.

tomjonesrocks
07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
The only two quarterback's I've seen you guys like are Elway and Peyton Manning. I mean as a fanbase.

Cutler was very popular until he wasn't.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 03:36 PM

Yeah - but what a two quarterbacks

Poet
07-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Cutler was very popular until he wasn't.

I recall a pretty big faction that disliked him because of their hatred of the draft pick/Shanny/favoring Plummer.

Then things happened and Cutler was traded.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 03:46 PM
I recall a pretty big faction that disliked him because of their hatred of the draft pick/Shanny/favoring Plummer.

Then things happened and Cutler was traded.

I loved Cutler, I thought it was a great draft pick.

Then it wasn't. So I stopped loving him and dropped him like a bad habit.

Poet
07-06-2015, 03:46 PM
The Morgue put him in The Morgue.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 03:48 PM
The Morgue put him in The Morgue.

Don, since 85 we have not had that many qbs - I think compared to other teams anyway

Poet
07-06-2015, 03:51 PM
I have vague memories of Boomer. Other than that the two best quarterbacks I've seen play for my Bengals are Palmer and Dalton.

Palmer was a monster before he rushed back from his knee injury. Then the offensive line went to pieces and so did his elbow. Dalton is an erratic ginger who goes from being the red rifle to the red peashooter.

Just offering context.

BroncoJoe
07-06-2015, 04:01 PM

Elway is God in Denver.

Manning is OK, but unless he wins a Superbowl here, he'll be remembered as a Colt.

Plummer had a large support group - myself included.

Morton led us to our first Superbowl.

Griese was pretty good, but indirectly caused the injury to TD.

That said, since 1977 we've had Morton, DeBerg, Elway, Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow and Manning.

That's nearly 40 years with only 9 QB's. Some teams go through that many QB's in 5 years.

Poet
07-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Elway is God in Denver.

Manning is OK, but unless he wins a Superbowl here, he'll be remembered as a Colt.

Plummer had a large support group - myself included.

Morton led us to our first Superbowl.

Griese was pretty good, but indirectly caused the injury to TD.

That said, since 1977 we've had Morton, DeBerg, Elway, Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow and Manning.

That's nearly 40 years with only 9 QB's. Some teams go through that many QB's in 5 years.

Around these parts people are either rabid GB or Chicago fans. Because the Packers segued from Favre to Rodgers, they're in a similar situation of having great quarterbacks in succession or close to it. I was talking with my buddy about it via text today and we talked about other teams that have done that. The Colts with Manning and Luck come to mind, as well as the Niners with Montana to Young, and then Jeff Garcia, who was a pretty good player.

DenBronx
07-06-2015, 06:26 PM
This years team is going to look alot different than we're used to. That's what's scary but it might turn out good too. But it will be different...

Simple Jaded
07-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Gase was far better in Denver than McDaniels, not even close.

Valar Morghulis
07-06-2015, 11:51 PM

Yup.

underrated29
07-07-2015, 10:59 AM

Gase first year yes. Last year to me was like watching Kyle Orton be our QB again. We knew what was going to happen before the ball was snapped. It was just ugly. So fuggin ugly. When the blitz came you knew Orton was going to sack himself. When we got into 3rd and 6, you knew gase was going to bubble screen. I couldnt take it anymore. Gase went from Stud to Chump in literally one year. He is young so he gets a pass but I do not recall that with mcdaniels on offense. We moved the ball despite having orton, shitty line, shitty everything really.

Valar Morghulis
07-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Gase first year yes. Last year to me was like watching Kyle Orton be our QB again. We knew what was going to happen before the ball was snapped. It was just ugly. So fuggin ugly. When the blitz came you knew Orton was going to sack himself. When we got into 3rd and 6, you knew gase was going to bubble screen. I couldnt take it anymore. Gase went from Stud to Chump in literally one year. He is young so he gets a pass but I do not recall that with mcdaniels on offense. We moved the ball despite having orton, shitty line, shitty everything really.

He was also the qb coach and done a great job with teebs.

MOtorboat
07-07-2015, 11:38 AM
He was also the qb coach and done a great job with teebs.

I would not use the line "great job" with Tebow. Maybe "best that he could with pure shit" would be more appropriate.

Valar Morghulis
07-07-2015, 11:53 AM
I would not use the line "great job" with Tebow. Maybe "best that he could with pure shit" would be more appropriate.

Lol - I was being 100% facetious