PDA

View Full Version : Who should the Avalanche draft?

underrated29
06-22-2015, 04:50 PM
We pick 10th and there are quite a few guys here who make sense. I ultimately believe we make a trade but for simplicity assume we stay at 10. Who do you got?

I personally want Ivan Provorov. He is a skilled smart D man. He also plays the body which we seem to have less and less of. He is ranked #7 as North American. he may be around at 10. Itll be close. The European skaters have a few that will sneak in ahead of him no doubt.

SR
06-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Someone other than a forward or goalie than can contribute right now.

underrated29
06-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Someone other than a forward or goalie than can contribute right now.

That's Ivan.
Good news is that Siemens has been turning heads. I'd love to see him make the roster this year. His off ice stuff is apparently behind him and he plays defense how it should be played. Angry!

He, Ivan, ej, Tyson young and sexy

weazel
06-23-2015, 09:41 AM
The Av's need some veteran presence... they should trade for Sharp.

underrated29
06-23-2015, 10:27 AM
The Av's need some veteran presence... they should trade for Sharp.

Id be game. I think PK is off the menu now, but Id have loved to see that. Itll be real interesting to see what we do with the 10 and Orielly. Both could be packaged or just separate trades altogether. Our trading has been really meh though. We seem to have gotten the worse end of the deal on all the trades except for the blues trade w stewart.

I think we have enough vets...tangs, mcginn, mitchell, briere,....Sharpey would be awesome but I would like to see some Blue line help and an offensive playmaker. Hishon seems like he may be a playmaker. Mackinnon is a playmaker, dutchy should be but he is not. Neither is Rino nor Landy.

Buff
06-23-2015, 01:50 PM
It better be a defenseman. We've turned into the Edmonton Oilers.

underrated29
06-23-2015, 02:57 PM
It better be a defenseman. We've turned into the Edmonton Oilers.

Just imagine if:

1. Duncan Seimens (#9 overall 2 years ago) does make the team and is the Dman I thought he was when I wanted us to draft him.
2. Somehow Ivan Povorov falls to us at 10 and we take him. He is the most NHL ready D in the draft. Him and Seimens and EJ and Tyson +
3. Roy does convince Radulov to forgo his russian contract and come play for us.

We would instantly be a contender again!....A serious contender!! And all 3 things are well within a reasonable probability of occurring. We could be the next black hawks or kings. Our top 4 D would be monstorous and our forwards would be amongst the best in the league. Perhaps the best.

weazel
06-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Radulov is a mess... you don't want that head case

SR
06-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Just imagine if: 1. Duncan Seimens (#9 overall 2 years ago) does make the team and is the Dman I thought he was when I wanted us to draft him. 2. Somehow Ivan Povorov falls to us at 10 and we take him. He is the most NHL ready D in the draft. Him and Seimens and EJ and Tyson + 3. Roy does convince Radulov to forgo his russian contract and come play for us. We would instantly be a contender again!....A serious contender!! And all 3 things are well within a reasonable probability of occurring. We could be the next black hawks or kings. Our top 4 D would be monstorous and our forwards would be amongst the best in the league. Perhaps the best.

If the defense is average (15th in the league) Varley can make up the difference. This team doesn't need a top five defense to contend. They don't need a defense full of all stars. They need to not be awful.

underrated29
06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Radulov is a mess... you don't want that head case

Roy can keep his ass in check. He is pulling a reverse Kovulchuk and only seems to respond to Roy. Id be fine with Radulov just for a title or two and then send him on his way. The guy has undeniably sick skills. He is worth it imo

silkamilkamonico
06-24-2015, 09:16 PM
After watching the playoffs, this team is a hella long ways off of being a contender. I enjoyed watching the Lightning, who turned into the kind of team people were hoping Avalanche would be.

weazel
06-25-2015, 10:10 AM
After watching the playoffs, this team is a hella long ways off of being a contender. I enjoyed watching the Lightning, who turned into the kind of team people were hoping Avalanche would be.

Tampa's going to be good for a while. Just seen the new schedule, looks like we will be going to the Capitals-Lightning game December 12 in Tampa

underrated29
06-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Today has been a good day for us. Miko fell to us which was a nice pleasant surprise...one of the top EU skaters. Made bank with the radar trade....and sekera is a FA and we are going to go hard after him or oduya.

Well done avs, well done.

SR
06-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Today has been a good day for us. Miko fell to us which was a nice pleasant surprise...one of the top EU skaters. Made bank with the radar trade....and sekera is a FA and we are going to go hard after him or oduya. Well done avs, well done.

I think the opposite...traded proven talent and depth for nothing and selected a forward with the 10th pick.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-26-2015, 08:17 PM
10) Colorado Avalanche

Mikko Rantanen, Right wing
NHL Central Scouting final ranking (European): 1
2014-15: TPS (FIN); 56 games, 9-19-28

Summary: Rantanen (6-foot-3, 211 pounds) played regular even-strength shifts and on the power play with TPS, averaging 16:14 of ice time per game. His four goals at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship were half of Finland's total for the tournament. Regarded as a big, strong, mature, mobile two-way power forward who protects the puck well, he has a great reach and is very strong in battles along the boards and in the corners. He is considered by many to be the best prospect from Europe this season.

Profile: Finland's Rantanen tops list of international skaters

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=772391&navid=DL|NHL|home

underrated29
06-26-2015, 09:21 PM
I think the opposite...traded proven talent and depth for nothing and selected a forward with the 10th pick.

You have to understand ror was gone either way. This way we at least get something for him unlike stats. Zadorov is a beast! We also got an all star 3rd line center and the first pick in rd 2 tomorrow! Plus a depth guy. That's a major score!

Who would you have selected at 10? Werenski? That would be like the Broncos taking jake fisher at 23 instead of Shane Ray. You've got to take the BPA and they aid they would. Miko was the top rated European player for a lot of people. We are still going to go Hard after Sekera and or Oduya on Wednesday. We also need a playmaker since stats left, if you didn't notice. He may make the roster this year too.

Tomorrow we are going to draft for need and D will be our first pick.

MOtorboat
06-26-2015, 10:17 PM
How does the NHL draft work? Who decides which foreign players are eligible for the draft?

Just curious...MLB is looking at ways to draft international players, instead of the free for all now.

underrated29
06-26-2015, 10:32 PM
How does the NHL draft work? Who decides which foreign players are eligible for the draft?

Just curious...MLB is looking at ways to draft international players, instead of the free for all now.

You know, I actually do not know. James?

SR
06-27-2015, 06:47 AM
You know, I actually do not know. James?

No idea

CoachChaz
06-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Any player that turns 18 before September 15 in the year they are drafted and files a letter of eligibility with the NHL, is eligible for the draft.

underrated29
06-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Damn, avs are straight up killing it this year!

We traded down in rd 2...moved down 9 spots and got our picks back that we sent to San Jose for brad Stuart last year. Still got a player (green- not who I would have taken but oh well)......

Plus, because that was our original 2nd rd pick we can use it to sign offer sheets with! In addition to that we have a ton of cap room to go after sekera and or oduya. We added a ton of size to the team and I'm pretty pumped about the haul we got from buffalo.

SR
06-27-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm not excited about anything the Avs do until it turns in to playoff wins.