PDA

View Full Version : NFL Top 100...Chris Harris, Jr. not on the list.

GEM
06-18-2015, 09:26 AM
What a freaking joke!! Tony Romo listed as #34 and the highest ranked undrafted player. That means no Chris Harris, Jr.? :rolleyes:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-18-2015, 09:31 AM
The list is a joke. They have Calais Campbell at 97.

GEM
06-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Tony effing Romo who bumbles every damn playoff game he plays in is there, but no Chris Harris, Jr.? :mad:

SR
06-18-2015, 09:38 AM
The list is a joke. They have Calais Campbell at 97.

Calais Campbell should've been a lot higher.

Ravage!!!
06-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Tony effing Romo who bumbles every damn playoff game he plays in is there, but no Chris Harris, Jr.? :mad:

You mean the Tony Romo that was up for NFL MVP last season..... that Tony Romo?

VonDoom
06-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Remember, this list is created solely by the players. I'm not sure exactly how many players they survey, though, so sample size could be an issue.

But I had this EXACT thought after they said that Romo was the highest undrafted player on the list. I thought for sure Harris was going to be there this week or next week. He's often overlooked by the media, but I assumed the players would hype him up more.

GEM
06-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Remember, this list is created solely by the players. I'm not sure exactly how many players they survey, though, so sample size could be an issue.

But I had this EXACT thought after they said that Romo was the highest undrafted player on the list. I thought for sure Harris was going to be there this week or next week. He's often overlooked by the media, but I assumed the players would hype him up more.

Revis will be Top 5-10 though...:rolleyes:

GEM
06-18-2015, 10:08 AM
You mean the Tony Romo that was up for NFL MVP last season..... that Tony Romo?

Tony Romo? Did he win it? How many championship games has he taken his team to? 0. Ohhhh that Tony Romo. Impressive. :rolleyes:

turftoad
06-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Revis will be Top 5-10 though...:rolleyes:

That's because the top 100 is a popularity contest IMO.

SR
06-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Tony Romo? Did he win it? How many championship games has he taken his team to? 0. Ohhhh that Tony Romo. Impressive. :rolleyes:

Romo had the best season of his career last year and the best season by a Cowboys QB in decades. His position in the top 100 this year is warranted. It isn't based on a body of work, or isn't supposed to be. The top 100 is season by season. Harris got snubbed for sure, but stats don't lie and he is one of the top corners in the league...so why does the Top 100 matter?

GEM
06-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Romo had the best season of his career last year and the best season by a Cowboys QB in decades. His position in the top 100 this year is warranted. It isn't based on a body of work, or isn't supposed to be. The top 100 is season by season. Harris got snubbed for sure, but stats don't lie and he is one of the top corners in the league...so why does the Top 100 matter?

It was Romo's best season...still not even good enough to get to a championship game. Hasn't happened since 1995 under Aikman. I didn't look at it as a 1 year thing, so that is my mistake. I'm just not overly impressed with Romo as a player.

It doesn't really matter....it's the offseason and it's a bit of football to get passionate about again. :D

BroncoWave
06-18-2015, 10:18 AM

I'm not sure what championships has to do with the top 100 players of last season. Romo was very good this past year and absolutely one of the top 100 players.

Having said that, Harris should absolutely be on the list, but I don't really see why Romo is your example of a guy who shouldn't be.

If you are in the discussion for MVP, which he was last season, then you are a top 100 player.

GEM
06-18-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure what championships has to do with the top 100 players of last season. Romo was very good this past year and absolutely one of the top 100 players.

Having said that, Harris should absolutely be on the list, but I don't really see why Romo is your example of a guy who shouldn't be.

If you are in the discussion for MVP, which he was last season, then you are a top 100 player.

The only reason Tony Romo is brought up is because he was listed at #34 and they gave away that Chris Harris, Jr is not on the list because they said that Romo is the top rated undrafted player on the list. That's the only reason his name came into it. Then it goes to who the better player is, and that can't be done since one plays QB and one plays CB, but on a top 5 player at their position, one is on that list and one isn't. Harris, Jr is a top 5 CB, Romo is not a top 5 QB.

BroncoWave
06-18-2015, 10:33 AM
The only reason Tony Romo is brought up is because he was listed at #34 and they gave away that Chris Harris, Jr is not on the list because they said that Romo is the top rated undrafted player on the list. That's the only reason his name came into it. Then it goes to who the better player is, and that can't be done since one plays QB and one plays CB, but on a top 5 player at their position, one is on that list and one isn't. Harris, Jr is a top 5 CB, Romo is not a top 5 QB.

Yeah, but one could argue that a top 10 qb (which Romo was this past season) is more valuable than a top 5 CB.

Harris should definitely be on the list, I'm just having a hard time getting outraged over him being behind Romo.

GEM
06-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Yeah, but one could argue that a top 10 qb (which Romo was this past season) is more valuable than a top 5 CB.

Harris should definitely be on the list, I'm just having a hard time getting outraged over him being behind Romo.

So don't. You value Romo more than I do. :shrugs:

BroncoWave
06-18-2015, 11:18 AM
So don't. You value Romo more than I do. :shrugs:

Yep! Good talk, good talk. :D

Dzone
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Wow, thats hard to believe. That list just lost all credibility

Ziggy
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
I love it. Harris get left off of a meaningless list and folks are up in arms. More motivation for our top corner. Like he needed it.

GEM
06-18-2015, 11:49 AM
I love it. Harris get left off of a meaningless list and folks are up in arms. More motivation for our top corner. Like he needed it.

Watch it, Ziggy.....I'm up in arms, I could burn this bitch down any second!

:D

GEM
06-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Yep! Good talk, good talk. :D

I thought so too!

Don't lose sight of the real problem here....Chris Harris, Jr. That dude is awesome! :D

BroncoWave
06-18-2015, 12:06 PM

Agreed. I love it too. Should motivate him even further.

DenBronx
06-18-2015, 02:28 PM
This is a shame. I know when Chris Harris wasn't picked to go to the pro bowl it pissed him off. He definitely will have a chip on his shoulder anout this. He goes to my uncles church so I hear alot of things.

Ravage!!!
06-19-2015, 03:26 PM

Same can be said for Dan Marino, Frank Tarkenton, and Dan Fouts.

Simple Jaded
06-19-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Tony Romo on this one.

GEM
06-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Same can be said for Dan Marino, Frank Tarkenton, and Dan Fouts.

I apologize if you see Romo as being anywhere near the QB of Marino....I can't speak for Tarkenton or Fouts, though Tarkenton did come to my great grandparents for dinner back in the day, I don't remember their play so I can't speak on it.

I remember Marino...and honey, Romo ain't no Marino.

BroncoWave
06-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I apologize if you see Romo as being anywhere near the QB of Marino....I can't speak for Tarkenton or Fouts, though Tarkenton did come to my great grandparents for dinner back in the day, I don't remember their play so I can't speak on it.

I remember Marino...and honey, Romo ain't no Marino.

That's not what he's saying though. Just that using your criteria of having to lead a team to a title, then you would not be able to put Marino on any sort of list of best players either.

BroncoJoe
06-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Some people just don't like Romo. I don't have a problem with that, but he is a darn good QB. Especially when you consider how he got to where he is now.

GEM
06-22-2015, 12:27 PM
That's not what he's saying though. Just that using your criteria of having to lead a team to a title, then you would not be able to put Marino on any sort of list of best players either.

How many times can I say I don't value Romo very highly. He's a decent qb, he's neither good nor bad, decent. Marino was very, very good! Same can't be said because their talents are vastly different.