PDA

View Full Version : Report: FBI investigating Cardinals for hacking Astros' database

FanInAZ
06-16-2015, 03:52 PM
It appears the St. Louis Cardinals could be in a whole heap of trouble.

According to the New York Times, the FBI is investigating the organization for allegedly hacking into the Houston Astros' internal database that housed player personnel information including discussions about trades, proprietary statistics and scouting reports.

While this immediately has drawn comparisons to Spygate and NFL controversies, it may actually be much worse. It's being called the first case of corporate espionage wherein a pro sports team hacks another's secure files.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report--fbi-investigating-cardinals-for-hacking-astros--database-153025830.html

:shocked:

DenBronx
06-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Lol if true this is kind of funny. Talk about going to the extreme.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 04:19 PM
should be punished if true. but i dont really care overall, still the best team in baseball.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 04:23 PM
While this immediately has drawn comparisons to Spygate and NFL controversies, it may actually be much worseoh and the jackass who says its worse then spygate doesnt know what the **** he is talking about.

MOtorboat
06-16-2015, 05:02 PM
oh and the jackass who says its worse then spygate doesnt know what the **** he is talking about.

Um. Really?

This isn't just cheating at sports, it's a felony.

DenBronx
06-16-2015, 05:12 PM
While this immediately has drawn comparisons to Spygate and NFL controversies, it may actually be much worseoh and the jackass who says its worse then spygate doesnt know what the **** he is talking about.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that one.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Um. Really?

This isn't just cheating at sports, it's a felony.
Yes really. a guy gaining acess to a statistic database for the shitty astros, because lindough didnt change his password,

versus taping a teams practice before the superbowl.

To compare the two.......i dont even have words.

MOtorboat
06-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Yes really. a guy gaining acess to a statistic database for the shitty astros, because lindough didnt change his password,

versus taping a teams practice before the superbowl.

To compare the two.......i dont even have words.

Well, we've reached an impasse.

I believe something that could constitute a felony is probably worse than, say, cheating at Monopoly.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 05:21 PM
did you really call one of the worlds biggest sports events a game of monopoly?

BroncoWave
06-16-2015, 05:40 PM
I'll just leave this here...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHoaf73VAAEhgyc.jpg

MOtorboat
06-16-2015, 05:42 PM
did you really call one of the worlds biggest sports events a game of monopoly?

Certainly I was being facetious. But if the allegations are true, the Cardinals committed a felony. The Patriots cheated at a game.

I mean, you're right about one thing, one of these things is worse than the other, but you have it backwards.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 05:45 PM
To even compare the superbowl cheating to this crap is hilarious.

go blow the royals or something. finally the cardinals haters have something to cry about.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 05:49 PM
i also find it even funnier, the same people who have no problem with the NSA hacking everyones shit, get all "its a felony" when some front office employee does it to another sports team.

MOtorboat
06-16-2015, 05:54 PM
i also find it even funnier, the same people who have no problem with the NSA hacking everyones shit, get all "its a felony" when some front office employee does it to another sports team.

People are watching. Don't do illegal shit.

tomjonesrocks
06-16-2015, 05:55 PM
I think your STL allegiance might be clouding your judgement a tad.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Lindough didnt change his password when he switched teams. How could you be that dumb?

This isnt some group of cardinals blackhats hacking everybody in some basement dwelling. This is some FO guy coming across old passwords and testing them out. give me a break.

The guy will be fired and ejected from ever working in baseball again. And im fine with that. To even try to lump this in with Spygate, is ******* insane.

SR
06-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Um. Really? This isn't just cheating at sports, it's a felony.

It's ok when his baseball team does it, just not when the government does it.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 06:26 PM
i wonder if SR realizes ive had him on ignore for a year

Poet
06-16-2015, 06:28 PM
You still read his posts, though. The ignore function on this site is the only crappy thing.

Regardless, this is a bad and felonious thing. I view it as worse than spygate from a 'moral stance' but less significant in terms of a sports stance.

spikerman
06-16-2015, 06:28 PM
How do you know he said anything directed at you?

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 06:29 PM
How do you know he said anything directed at you?

normally when the post after follows your post.....

just like this one.

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 06:30 PM
less significant in terms of a sports stance.
i agree with that.

morally its still cheating. However this is a guy with old passwords, not some guy with a directive from the head coach or gm to do it. If it comes out that there was a directive to do this from somewhere higher up, like the owner, i would say they would be the same morally.

SR
06-16-2015, 06:31 PM

It hasn't been that long, but I do realize it and hope that people quote me so you have to deal with me.

Poet
06-16-2015, 06:31 PM
i agree with that.

But the Cardinals are still sacks of shit and have awful fans.

Poet
06-16-2015, 06:32 PM
It hasn't been that long, but I do realize it and hope that people quote me so you have to deal with me.

Hello friend. How do you feel about the situation at hand?

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 06:35 PM
would you guys like to hear about how SR stalked my facebook/ youtube/ email accounts?

Poet
06-16-2015, 06:35 PM
would you guys like to hear about how SR stalked my facebook/ youtube/ email accounts?

Libertarians don't have facebook pages.

Dapper Dan
06-16-2015, 06:53 PM
But the Cardinals are still sacks of shit and have awful fans.

YES! I've always hated them as much as the Patriots. Now I know my gut feeling was right. The Cardinals are a disgrace and should be permabanned.

DenBronx
06-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Has the ignore function ever worked for anyone?

Dapper Dan
06-16-2015, 07:11 PM

Nah. It's pretty useless. You should try and get someone banned if you don't like them.

SR
06-16-2015, 08:00 PM
Hello friend. How do you feel about the situation at hand?

I think the Patri...err...Cardinals are about as classless as they come. No integrity.

SR
06-16-2015, 08:01 PM
would you guys like to hear about how SR stalked my facebook/ youtube/ email accounts? Grow up dude

DenBronx
06-16-2015, 09:06 PM

Nah. It's pretty useless. You should try and get someone banned if you don't like them.

That happened to our forum troll. :(

OrangeHoof
06-16-2015, 09:33 PM
This happened a year ago. I can't believe the Cardinals still employ whoever the hacker is. If you don't want the hammer, you wait until after the season is over and fire the guy for bogus reasons like Luhnow does such as "doesn't share our direction" or "looking for someone who communicates better". That way, you deny the guy was fired for hacking and then when the suspect gets nailed, you say "old news, we fired that guy".