PDA

View Full Version : Elway haters are amusing

7DnBrnc53
06-14-2015, 03:46 PM
I am on this one forum (the name I won't mention), and they are comparing Elway and Aaron Rodgers. They think that Rodgers is so much better. One of them said that Rich Gannon (with the Raiders) was better than Elway.

Northman
06-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Thats probably MO.

He loves himself some Aaron Rodgers.

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2015, 04:04 PM
I think Rodgers is a fair comparison to Elway.

MOtorboat
06-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Thats probably MO.

Over Elway?

You might want to save your dumb comments for other threads.

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Comparing Rogers or Gannon to Elway is just as dumb as comparing Lebron to Jordan. Not even close....

MOtorboat
06-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Comparing Rogers or Gannon to Elway is just as dumb as comparing Lebron to Jordan. Not even close....

I think you mean Brady and Montana. Championships.

Your argument.

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 07:43 PM

I think you mean Brady and Montana. Championships.

Your argument.

You want to go again?

SR
06-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Talent wise and skill wise I think Rodgers to Elway is fair

Northman
06-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Over Elway?

You are just too easy these days homie. Relax.

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Top 5 QBs all time, no particular order.

Montana
Elway
Brady
Manning
Marino

Rogers is getting there but I think the guys above are the ones I think have a better case for top 5. I like Rogers but he's no Elway.

GEM
06-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Thats probably MO.

Over Elway?

Can you two just stop already? Over multiple threads now you two are just snipping at each other like a couple of kids. Put each other on ignore if you can't just stop. Started in the LeBron vs. Jordan thread and it's now just spilling over, stop already.

SR
06-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Top 5 QBs all time, no particular order. Montana Elway Brady Manning Marino Rogers is getting there but I think the guys above are the ones I think have a better case for top 5. I like Rogers but he's no Elway.

Not yet, but he hasn't been in the league nearly as long either. I think Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL talent wise.

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Top 5 QBs all time, no particular order. Montana Elway Brady Manning Marino Rogers is getting there but I think the guys above are the ones I think have a better case for top 5. I like Rogers but he's no Elway.

Not yet, but he hasn't been in the league nearly as long either. I think Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL talent wise.

Agreed, right now he's one of the best. Not saying he's better than Manning or Brady yet but he hasn't played nearly as long either. Brees would have to be in discussion too.

I'd go Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees, in that order. Manning has Madden like stats and has been to 3 SBs but Brady has the championships. Right now those guys are #1 and #2 in todays NFL.

7DnBrnc53
06-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Thats probably MO.

Nah, it's a different forum. I am reluctant to talk about it because I got attacked on here before when I did.

BroncoWave
06-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Agreed, right now he's one of the best. Not saying he's better than Manning or Brady yet but he hasn't played nearly as long either. Brees would have to be in discussion too.

I'd go Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees, in that order. Manning has Madden like stats and has been to 3 SBs but Brady has the championships. Right now those guys are #1 and #2 in todays NFL.

If I had to win a game today I'd take Rodgers over Manning and it would be close with Brady.

Northman
06-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Nah, it's a different forum. I am reluctant to talk about it because I got attacked on here before when I did.

I was obviously poking fun at MO because of our disagreement on Lebron/Jordan. But you got attacked on here for comparing Rodgers and Elway? Personally, Rodgers is good but at this moment i would still take Brady over him currently but he still has some time to try and improve his legacy.

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 09:39 PM

If I had to win a game today I'd take Rodgers over Manning and it would be close with Brady.

I was comparing career vs career not just one game. If it's one game then you basically are comparing the Packers vs Broncos and I'd give the win to whatever team was the home team.

BroncoWave
06-14-2015, 09:41 PM
I was comparing career vs career not just one game. If it's one game then you basically are comparing the Packers vs Broncos and I'd give the win to whatever team was the home team.

I'm talking about who the best player is today.

tomjonesrocks
06-14-2015, 09:53 PM
Rodgers is great but he hasn't taken 3 teams that had no business being there to SBs.

SR
06-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Agreed, right now he's one of the best. Not saying he's better than Manning or Brady yet but he hasn't played nearly as long either. Brees would have to be in discussion too. I'd go Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees, in that order. Manning has Madden like stats and has been to 3 SBs but Brady has the championships. Right now those guys are #1 and #2 in todays NFL.

I'm not talking accomplishments. I'm talking purely on the field skill. No one in the league matches Rodgers in total package IMO.

7DnBrnc53
06-14-2015, 10:26 PM
I was obviously poking fun at MO because of our disagreement on Lebron/Jordan. But you got attacked on here for comparing Rodgers and Elway? Personally, Rodgers is good but at this moment i would still take Brady over him currently but he still has some time to try and improve his legacy.

I didn't get attacked on here for that. I talked about an argument that I was having on another forum (dealing with Elway and Tom Brady), and someone was upset because they perceived it as me trying to take people from this forum to that one (which I wasn't trying to do).

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Agreed, right now he's one of the best. Not saying he's better than Manning or Brady yet but he hasn't played nearly as long either. Brees would have to be in discussion too. I'd go Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees, in that order. Manning has Madden like stats and has been to 3 SBs but Brady has the championships. Right now those guys are #1 and #2 in todays NFL.

I'm not talking accomplishments. I'm talking purely on the field skill. No one in the league matches Rodgers in total package IMO.

I get what you're saying and would agree based on total package. Rogers is a badass and if I had to pick a QB as of today going forward and not whole career it would be Rogers.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2015, 02:18 AM
Andrew Luck, that is all.

Poet
06-15-2015, 03:52 AM
Rodgers at his best was a superior passer, even if you adjust for era. He also has played behind an awful offensive line for a long time, which makes him that much more impressive.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2015, 05:15 AM
Rodgers at his best was a superior passer, even if you adjust for era. He also has played behind an awful offensive line for a long time, which makes him that much more impressive.

Do you mean elway?

Poet
06-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Do you mean elway?

No.

For what it's worth, Elway is the biggest talent to ever play QB. Luck was so good in that department that he was called 'the best talent since Elway' and there was a serious discussion about which one was more talented physically. From a raw standpoint in that regard I think Elway cannot be beaten, only matched.

BroncoWave
06-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Andrew Luck, that is all.

Not yet.

FanInAZ
06-15-2015, 07:18 AM
One of them said that Rich Gannon (with the Raiders) was better than Elway.

Let me guess, this guy's screen name is OaklandRaiders. He claims that he's constantly banging chick when he's not give the kind of football prognostication that you'd expect from a 12 year old.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2015, 10:19 AM
No.

For what it's worth, Elway is the biggest talent to ever play QB. Luck was so good in that department that he was called 'the best talent since Elway' and there was a serious discussion about which one was more talented physically. From a raw standpoint in that regard I think Elway cannot be beaten, only matched.

I just got confused, because you seemed to use the past tense when talking about Rodgers whereas I think he is only now coming into his prime

7DnBrnc53
06-15-2015, 11:48 AM
Let me guess, this guy's screen name is OaklandRaiders. He claims that he's constantly banging chick when he's not give the kind of football prognostication that you'd expect from a 12 year old.

No, actually he is an Eagle fan, but there is a Charger fan on this thread that always rips on Elway. He said that Rodgers can do things that Elway couldn't. I asked him to explain, and he just said that Rodgers can do everything Elway could, and he is better in other areas (never found out what these alleged areas were).

Poet
06-15-2015, 03:16 PM
I just got confused, because you seemed to use the past tense when talking about Rodgers whereas I think he is only now coming into his prime

I apologize. I should avoid late night posting.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2015, 03:20 PM
I apologize. I should avoid late night posting.

Yes, avoiding morning and afternoon posting would be advisable as well.

Poet
06-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes, avoiding morning and afternoon posting would be advisable as well.

So long, message board. We had a good run.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2015, 03:26 PM
So long, message board. We had a good run.

Not exactly, you still have the early evenings available.

Northman
06-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Not exactly, you still have the early evenings available.

Not anymore, Falco took that slot.

7DnBrnc53
06-16-2015, 03:04 AM
The haters continue. They did a thread on this board about people that shouldn't be in the HOF, and that same Charger fan re-iterated that Elway is the most overrated QB in recent memory. These people are hardcore haters. It seems to me that they bash Elway at least once a month.

Simple Jaded
06-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Not yet.

Buy early.

Shazam!
06-16-2015, 10:48 PM
The haters continue. They did a thread on this board about people that shouldn't be in the HOF, and that same Charger fan re-iterated that Elway is the most overrated QB in recent memory. These people are hardcore haters. It seems to me that they bash Elway at least once a month.

Who cares what Charger fans think anyway?

sneakers
06-20-2015, 06:23 AM
probably made by people who aren't even old enough to remember Elway play