DenBronx
06-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Go get him Denver.

Buff
06-11-2015, 03:27 PM
It would be negligent to not sign him.

Bronco4ever
06-11-2015, 03:29 PM
This is one of the few player released/should sign threads that everyone should be on board for. Bring this dude in!

tomjonesrocks
06-11-2015, 03:41 PM
The guy left because he wasn't happy with his contract. Does Denver have money for him?

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Over the Cap has us at around $7.3 million in cap space right now. Drop Colquitt or Caldwell (or both) and that would free up some more space.

Either way, I say let's do it. Ranked as PFF's number one guard from 2011-2013, and #2 last year. Massive upgrade over anything we currently have.

That being said, I bet we don't even inquire. That's how we've been rolling this offseason.

underrated29
06-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Dont we have to put in a waiver claim? Dont the lower shittier teams like the jags and co get to claim first?

I still dont think we are interested or land him. For the money he wants we could have kept Franklin who is younger. I bet a lower level team claims him.

Buff
06-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Dont we have to put in a waiver claim? Dont the lower shittier teams like the jags and co get to claim first?

I still dont think we are interested or land him. For the money he wants we could have kept Franklin who is younger. I bet a lower level team claims him.

Players who have played less than 4 years are subject to waivers. Mathis is in his 11th year and is immediately a UFA.

weazel
06-11-2015, 04:11 PM
won't happen.

UnderArmour

No. He has 4 accrued league years, so he becomes an unrestricted free agent. He would only be on waivers if he was released after the trade deadline.

With that said, I don't see it happening. Maybe a borderline team like the Texans pushes for him.

Ziggy

He's a vested veteran. He automatically becomes an UFA. That being said, this is a 33 year old who was whining about his 5 year contract 2 years after he signed it. Stay with the young kids. Coach em up and let em develop. For the Eagles to release this guy with that much talent and eat his bonus, he must have been killing the locker room vibe. Pass.

weazel
06-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Hey UR, he's been in the league over 4 years! what don't you get? Someone should have mentioned that to you already.

Buff
06-11-2015, 04:13 PM
He's a vested veteran. He automatically becomes an UFA. That being said, this is a 33 year old who was whining about his 5 year contract 2 years after he signed it. Stay with the young kids. Coach em up and let em develop. For the Eagles to release this guy with that much talent and eat his bonus, he must have been killing the locker room vibe. Pass.

He also supposedly was promised more money by the previous GM who just got fired... So he may have had a legitimate beef. For a guy coming off of two pro bowls, and Garland/Smith being our best options - I stand by my previous statement that it would be borderline negligent to not sign him (assuming we can afford it).

weazel
06-11-2015, 04:15 PM
it wasn't because of money... you know, the racist.

underrated29
06-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Hey UR, he's been in the league over 4 years! what don't you get? Someone should have mentioned that to you already.

Yea, Im still a little fuzzy on the whole Free agent, waiver thing.

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 04:32 PM

Franklin got big money. As good as Mathis is, I doubt he gets a mega deal at age 34.

Valar Morghulis
06-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Franklin got big money. As good as Mathis is, I doubt he gets a mega deal at age 34.

I bet PFM hopes we give him what we can!

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 04:50 PM
I saw an article linked on the Mane from CBS that said he wants to go to a team running a lot of ZBS. I also read that he wants to play for a contender (who doesn't?) Do these criteria remind you of any team we know?

Poet
06-11-2015, 05:10 PM

He got cut by a coach who has a habit of getting rid of some incredible players. Mathis, while being pretty trash during his time in Cincinnati, has been a very fine player since he joined the Eagles. Ziggy when it comes to personnel moves you're usually the man, but you just airballed this one. Now please don't dunk on me.

DenBronx
06-11-2015, 07:19 PM

Not sure if you've heard yet but he's played more than 4 years and is an 11 year veteran. Hope that helps.

DenBronx
06-11-2015, 07:20 PM
And Chip Kelly is racist for getting rid of good white players.

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3h3 hours ago

Evan Mathis will command plenty of attention as free agent. As of now, #Broncos not expected to pursue him.They have talked up Garland,Smith

Cugel
06-11-2015, 08:11 PM

Orlando Franklin is 28, so that's 5 years younger. So, obviously, he's going to get a lot more interest from teams. You can build around Franklin because he's going to be around for a while.

Mathis? Maybe 1 or 2 more good years? The Broncos are trying to get younger, not sign high priced aging veterans. Maybe LOW priced veterans, OK, but not for $5 million. No.

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Story from MHR saying Broncos need to sign Mathis. We really need to pick him up. I dgaf about 5 million, it's not my money and we want to win now dammit!!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/6/11/8767901/the-broncos-need-to-sign-left-guard-evan-mathis

Ravage!!!
06-12-2015, 11:20 AM
I think we ABSOLUTELY have to go after this guy. It's a must if we truly want to make a run this season.

weazel
06-12-2015, 11:22 AM
but what if someone lower than the Broncos puts a waiver claim on him? :behindsofa:

tomjonesrocks
06-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Twitter abuzz but no indications Denver has any interest at all so far. Denver on the sidelines a recurring theme this season.

Probably more likely will be a Chief or Charger than Bronco.

underrated29
06-12-2015, 11:33 AM
but what if someone lower than the Broncos puts a waiver claim on him? :behindsofa:

This is an excellent point since no one answered my question.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 11:36 AM
This is an excellent point since no one answered my question.

I don't want to state the obvious - but the dude is a vet - he does not need to clear waivers - he is a free agent and can test the open market - picking whatever team suits him out of those that shows interest in him

weazel
06-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I don't want to state the obvious - but the dude is a vet - he does not need to clear waivers - he is a free agent and can test the open market - picking whatever team suits him out of those that shows interest in him

I don't think you understand, but what about the waiver?

underrated29
06-12-2015, 11:41 AM

I don't think you understand, but what about the waiver?

This. We have waiver questions that need to be answered and the board is refusing to do so.

Slick
06-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I think we ABSOLUTELY have to go after this guy. It's a must if we truly want to make a run this season.

Agreed, and especially after watching Peyton struggle against teams with good defensive lines in the playoffs. The number one goal in the offseason should have been to put a good offensive line in front of Denver's aging and immobile QB.

Garland is a great story, and I'm rooting for him, but I hope they try to make a run at this guy. If he chooses another team so be it, but at least throw our name in the hat.

Ziggy
06-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Elway isn't going to do anything to ruin the locker room chemistry. He knows how critical it is, especially with a new coaching staff. Casey played in Philly last year, so the Duke knows what effect Mathis had on the locker room. If there was any negative impact at all, the Broncos will stay as far away as they can.

Ravage!!!
06-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Elway isn't going to do anything to ruin the locker room chemistry. He knows how critical it is, especially with a new coaching staff. Casey played in Philly last year, so the Duke knows what effect Mathis had on the locker room. If there was any negative impact at all, the Broncos will stay as far away as they can.

What negative impact?

weazel
06-12-2015, 01:23 PM
What negative impact?

he said "IF there was any negative impact"

Ravage!!!
06-12-2015, 01:38 PM
he said "IF there was any negative impact"

Yeah.... I guess I missed if someone else brought up negative impact on the Eagles. everything said is that it had to do with the contract...and we know Kelly is releasing everyone and thinks he can win with just anyone. This would be a great addition to the Broncos right now. Even going into next year with a young QB..it would absolutely be a great grab.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 01:42 PM
This. We have waiver questions that need to be answered and the board is refusing to do so.

I have absolutely no idea what the fuk you lot are talking about - must be some kind of crazy american "in" joke.

Damn Yanks.

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 01:45 PM

I have absolutely no idea what the fuk you lot are talking about - must be some kind of crazy american "in" joke.

Damn Yanks.

Oh no he di-int.... ...

underrated29
06-12-2015, 01:45 PM

Damn Yanks.

I asked a question and about 15 people answered it one after another...Denb was making a funny by saying in case I didnt know this is why so and so.....then weazel made a funny by saying if only someone had answered the question....which about 15 people had, including yourself........basically we are making fun of myself and everyone who answered the question for me...multiple times.

Now having to explain it this sounds really stupid. So lets just conclude that Nut is a homo

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 01:52 PM
I asked a question and about 15 people answered it one after another...Denb was making a funny by saying in case I didnt know this is why so and so.....then weazel made a funny by saying if only someone had answered the question....which about 15 people had, including yourself........basically we are making fun of myself and everyone who answered the question for me...multiple times.

Now having to explain it this sounds really stupid. So lets just conclude that Nut is a homo

Oh right - sorry guys. I need to pay more attention.

I think because you are mildly retarded, i just presumed you were having trouble comprehending the rules.

Now i understand.

I am also looking forward to hanging out the back of nut.

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 01:57 PM

Damn Yanks.

Thanks for explaining to the European. He doesn't understand American customs and humor. He probably thinks Mr. Bean is funnier than Louis C.K.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks for explaining to the European. He doesn't understand American customs and humor. He probably thinks Mr. Bean is funnier than Louis C.K.

LOL - Lewis C K is my favourite comedian - that sketch he did about the kid who messes with his kid and he ends up sucking the dads dik is sooooooooooooo funny!

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 02:03 PM

LOL - Lewis C K is my favourite comedian - that sketch he did about the kid who messes with his kid and he ends up sucking the dads dik is sooooooooooooo funny!

Or wanting someone to dip their d*** in morphine and do him in the ass because he had hemorrhoids?

Slick
06-12-2015, 02:28 PM

I'd say after the results of the last 3 seasons that keeping his QB clean is much more critical. If they don't at least make a phone call, they're making a mistake. Offensive line is the only real weakness on this team. The only proven stud is Vasquez. The other 4 positions are questionable at best. This seems like a no brainer to me.

Slick
06-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Or wanting someone to dip their d*** in morphine and do him in the ass because he had hemorrhoids?

That's hilarious.

weazel
06-12-2015, 02:36 PM

Damn Yanks.

Oh no he di-int.... ...

oh yes he did, and he lumped me in with you!

weazel
06-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Damn Yanks.

Oh no he di-int.... ...

Indeed

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 02:38 PM

Damn Yanks.

Oh no he di-int.... ...

Lets jump his ass at the Vikings game.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 02:43 PM

fuking french loving wannabe cannuck

weazel
06-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Damn Yanks.

Oh no he di-int.... ...

fuking french loving wannabe cannuck

that's better.

but we don't consider Quebec to be part of Canada... and they are barely French

Ziggy
06-12-2015, 03:50 PM
I'd say after the results of the last 3 seasons that keeping his QB clean is much more critical. If they don't at least make a phone call, they're making a mistake. Offensive line is the only real weakness on this team. The only proven stud is Vasquez. The other 4 positions are questionable at best. This seems like a no brainer to me.

I know I'm in the minority here Slick. My gut tells me that the coaching staff loves the young guys and thinks that they have what it takes. Young and inexperienced doesn't always equal bad. I completely trust this coaching staff to not only spot young talent, but to develop it.

Slick
06-12-2015, 04:07 PM
I know I'm in the minority here Slick. My gut tells me that the coaching staff loves the young guys and thinks that they have what it takes. Young and inexperienced doesn't always equal bad. I completely trust this coaching staff to not only spot young talent, but to develop it.

When you've got a 2 year window at most with Manning and you could possibly go get a guy who's already miles ahead of Garland and Smith, you make the call at least. No guarantee that he'll come, but you make the call.

Ziggy
06-12-2015, 04:25 PM
When you've got a 2 year window at most with Manning and you could possibly go get a guy who's already miles ahead of Garland and Smith, you make the call at least. No guarantee that he'll come, but you make the call.

You and I believe he's miles ahead of Garland and Smith. The coaches may not. Yeah...I know about his pro bowls and rating on PFF, but I'm still trusting in the coaches. If the Broncos would have gone after one more veteran corner 3 years ago, Chris Harris may have never gotten a chance.

underrated29
06-12-2015, 05:35 PM
You and I believe he's miles ahead of Garland and Smith. The coaches may not. Yeah...I know about his pro bowls and rating on PFF, but I'm still trusting in the coaches. If the Broncos would have gone after one more veteran corner 3 years ago, Chris Harris may have never gotten a chance.

That is one hell of a point you make there ziggs

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 05:37 PM

If my uncle had a vagina he would be my aunt

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 05:40 PM

If my uncle had a vagina he would be my aunt

Give that man a reality show and ESPN award!!

Dzone
06-12-2015, 10:18 PM
We'd be fine with mathis and sambrailo on the left. Clady, thank you for your service

DenBronx
06-12-2015, 10:25 PM
We'd be fine with mathis and sambrailo on the left. Clady, thank you for your service

You're saying cut Clady now and be done with it?

Valar Morghulis
06-13-2015, 01:28 AM

I would move on from him now, yes.

Unless he was prepared to take a pay cut to reflect one average season and two injured seasons - since he won't do this, I would cut him.

Dzone
06-13-2015, 01:38 AM
Theres always a chance he would make a complete comeback, but it seems like his body is breaking down. He was just setting up out of his stance when he tore his acl. Its one major injury after another with clady.He probably isnt worth the money anymore. In the long run, we might be better to go with the younger and faster guy. Now lets bring in mathis to be his mentor on the left side

Dzone
06-13-2015, 02:39 AM
Just saw this. Yes, if its still plan A and super bowl or bust time , then sign mathis, if not anymore, then go with plan b o line
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-4-potential-landing-spots-for-evan-mathis.html/2/

Slick
06-13-2015, 10:23 AM

I don't think Garland or Smith are Chris Harris. They would have shown more at this point. I rarely disagree with your football takes, Zig, but in this case I do.

Ziggy
06-13-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't think Garland or Smith are Chris Harris. They would have shown more at this point. I rarely disagree with your football takes, Zig, but in this case I do.

Garland was just switched to Oline last year. It was a brand new position, but he showed them enough to keep him on the roster. Not just the practice squad, but the final 53. They see something special in him. I don't know if it's Chris Harris special, but there is something there. Smith is just a vet that knows the system. I don't see anything special in him either.

I'm not saying that Garland is sure to be a superstar. I'm just saying that the coaches love him and the possibility is there. I won't be upset by any means if we were to sign Mathis. I'm just not expecting them to.

DenBronx
06-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Just saw this. Yes, if its still plan A and super bowl or bust time , then sign mathis, if not anymore, then go with plan b o line
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-4-potential-landing-spots-for-evan-mathis.html/2/

He said he wanted to play for a contender. That means Oakland is out.

Jsteve01
06-13-2015, 05:11 PM
NFL.com lists the giants, hawks and broncs as the best spots. As to Garland I readily admit that I'm very biased, he is a Grand Junction boy and I know his Dad. I do though remember hearing one of the d line coaches rave about his feet during his rookie camp. In fact I think they said he had the best feet among the group. This zone transition may be what pushes Garland to the next level

Simple Jaded
06-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Never happen, to the Broncos Ben Garland and Shelley Smith are better. I'm dead ******* serious.

Anyone who believes them is drunk off their ass on koolaid.

Simple Jaded
06-13-2015, 11:44 PM
Thank you for your services Clady? My God you folks are lucky Denver is running this system because in no other plane of reality is Samabrailo anywhere near Clady at his worst.

Lay off the ******* koolaid people.

Slick
06-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Garland was just switched to Oline last year. It was a brand new position, but he showed them enough to keep him on the roster. Not just the practice squad, but the final 53. They see something special in him. I don't know if it's Chris Harris special, but there is something there. Smith is just a vet that knows the system. I don't see anything special in him either.

I'm not saying that Garland is sure to be a superstar. I'm just saying that the coaches love him and the possibility is there. I won't be upset by any means if we were to sign Mathis. I'm just not expecting them to.

We could have avoided that whole exchange had you said this from the beginning. I got the impression that you thought Denver couldn't even use another talented offensive line player.

I doubt Denver signs him either but I still think they should try.

DenBronx
06-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Thank you for your services Clady? My God you folks are lucky Denver is running this system because in no other plane of reality is Samabrailo anywhere near Clady at his worst.

Lay off the ******* koolaid people.

I'm not on board with losing Clady, even with his injury problems but I can see why some guys are saying move on. Losing him and Manning would suck but would free up a TON of cap.

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2015, 01:45 PM
I just can't see a way to keep Clady on his current contract - he has been injury prone and under performed (as a result of his injury), if he wants to get paid a fare rate based on his performance - re-negotiate, and still pay him well, but there is no way he should still be getting top 3 money.

MOtorboat
06-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Clady doesn't deserve a paycut. And cutting him would turn out good for another team.

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Clady doesn't deserve a paycut. And cutting him would turn out good for another team.

Deserves a pay cut - perhaps not. He has been unlucky with injury

But no way has he earned his salary for the last three years.

I think he is done. His body is broke and he will never be the same again. (Just my thoughts - no evidence to back that up)

Simple Jaded
06-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Why move on? Seriously, cap space? Without common sense you'll have a shit load of cap space and no one to spend it on.

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Why move on? Seriously, cap space? Without common sense you'll have a shit load of cap space and no one to spend it on.

I just think he is done. Therefore I think he is getting over paid.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2015, 01:54 AM
I just think he is done. Therefore I think he is getting over paid.

Even if he's done he's a far shot better than anything else they have.

Btw, there are C's and G's that will make more than Clady in 2016.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2015, 05:17 AM

Fair point.

VonDoom
06-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Even if he's done he's a far shot better than anything else they have.

I found two center's that have a higher cap hit than Clady's $10.1 million in 2016 - Maurkice Pouncey and Ryan Kalil (Mike Pouncey has a very similar number). No guards as of now are close; same with RT. Clady is listed as the 5th highest LT cap hit in 2016. Of course, plenty of guys will get paid in the off season, so there's no way to quantify it yet. But he's missed two entire seasons in the last three years and was average in the other one. Is that a guy worth $10.1 million next year?

BroncoWave
06-15-2015, 08:29 AM

Chris Harris is the exception, not the rule. If you are going to avoid bringing in a quality vet because maybe you have a Chris Harris lurking in the wings, that's not going to be a very effective long-term strategy.

Simple Jaded
06-16-2015, 09:45 PM
I found two center's that have a higher cap hit than Clady's $10.1 million in 2016 - Maurkice Pouncey and Ryan Kalil (Mike Pouncey has a very similar number). No guards as of now are close; same with RT. Clady is listed as the 5th highest LT cap hit in 2016. Of course, plenty of guys will get paid in the off season, so there's no way to quantify it yet. But he's missed two entire seasons in the last three years and was average in the other one. Is that a guy worth $10.1 million next year?

Yes. He was better than average, by the way, he's still a Top 10 LT in a down season.

Besides, if you're gonna "overpay" someone it should probably be the guy that hasn't been adequately replaced yet.

BroncoWave
08-25-2015, 09:26 PM

won't happen.

bump

Simple Jaded
08-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Never happen, to the Broncos Ben Garland and Shelley Smith are better. I'm dead ******* serious.

Sorry John, I take back almost everything I said about you.

BroncoWave
08-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Sorry John, I take back almost everything I said about you.

He has signed a big name free agent literally every single season he has run this team, so I'm kinda surprised you doubted that he would do it again.

underrated29
08-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Not fair you cheater. You didn't include my first post which I said I hope we do sign Mathis.

Slick
08-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Not fair you cheater. You didn't include my first post which I said I hope we do sign Mathis.

You later let Ziggy sway you with a Chris Harris reference. Take a lap U29.

BroncoWave

But you didn't believe! Repent, non-believer!

Simple Jaded
He has signed a big name free agent literally every single season he has run this team, so I'm kinda surprised you doubted that he would do it again.

I have earned the dubious honor of the Jaded moniker many times over.

Simple Jaded
08-25-2015, 09:39 PM

Try this shit again.

Never happen, the Broncos will not win the SB this year.

Anyone who believes they will is drunk off their ass on koolaid.

underrated29
08-25-2015, 10:20 PM
I made a post at the mane a while back that said we will give our guys a look in camp and if we don't like what we see we may then give Mathis the call.....so I'll take my lap but Know its a Broncos victory lap

Timmy!
08-26-2015, 12:51 AM
weazel, Ziggy, Cugel....please report to Mr. Slicks office for crow.

Timmy!
08-26-2015, 12:53 AM

You play both sides more than a bisexual chick in a biker bar.

Dapper Dan
08-26-2015, 01:02 AM
I think we should sign him.

underrated29
08-26-2015, 09:13 AM
You play both sides more than a bisexual chick in a biker bar.

Playa!

TXBRONC
08-27-2015, 03:54 PM
I made a post at the mane a while back that said we will give our guys a look in camp and if we don't like what we see we may then give Mathis the call.....so I'll take my lap but Know its a Broncos victory lap

You're still a ball washer. :wave:

:D