PDA

View Full Version : Minicamp notes, 6/9/15

VonDoom
06-09-2015, 12:46 PM
I assume there will be some kind of media availability after practice, but for now, let's enjoy some notes about guys in hats stretching:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23m23 minutes ago

They played "Georgia on My Mind" at Broncos camp today. Heh. Subtle hint.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m7 minutes ago

Should we read into Broncos playing "Georgia on My Mind" and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" with Demaryius Thomas skipping mandatory camp?

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 11m11 minutes ago

Very vet-friendly minicamp here in Denver. No helmets for day 1. Many vets will be held out of most of team drills.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak serious about resting veterans. No helmets today. And veterans expected to get one of the three days off. In for long haul

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 8m8 minutes ago

It may be hat day, but dline coach Bill Kollar is working the heck out of his group.

BroncoNut
06-09-2015, 12:52 PM
thanks for this, I appreciate all they've done for our freedom, yadda, yadda, yadda, but how many times a year do we have to recognize our vets?

Valar Morghulis
06-09-2015, 12:54 PM
thanks for this, I appreciate all they've done for our freedom, yadda, yadda, yadda, but how many times a year do we have to recognize our vets?

nice!!!

Buff
06-09-2015, 12:57 PM

After what they endured in Vietnam, the least we can do is give them a day off of practice!

VonDoom
06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Kubiak:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Gary Kubiak said remains plan to get veterans rest to help catch young players up

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said he told players "that this league makes you get better." Said toughest spot to learn in offense is receiver

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

Kubiak said he text w Demaryius Thomas today... They will have plan for him in place to catch him up

Kubiak said he has seen Schofield respond in positive fashion following Clady injury Said key w Sambrailo is to put on weight to anchor

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 54s54 seconds ago

Kubiak said plan same for Antonio smith to stay away until more resolution in case

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20s20 seconds ago

Gary Kubiak said he's proud of TE Dominique Jones for shedding 21 pounds this offseason. Dropped from 286 to 265 "after a little meeting."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Interesting that #Broncos Kubiak said that ILB will be one of best spots for competition in camp. Todd Davis has been impressive

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said after practice he's "confident'' a deal gets done with @DemaryiusT before training camp.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak also said @DemaryiusT has been in regular contact w/Peyton Manning and Thomas has looked at practice video of new offense.

BroncoNut
06-09-2015, 01:36 PM

I can see the WW2 guys getting a break, but the Vietnam vets? I think that's a bit much, we can agree to disagree

BroncoJoe
06-09-2015, 01:38 PM
I can see the WW2 guys getting a break, but the Vietnam vets? I think that's a bit much, we can agree to disagree

I disagree with your agreement to disagree.

BroncoNut
06-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I disagree with your agreement to disagree.

:smfh: sounds like there's quite a bit going on at minicamp Joe, and it was fun for awhile, but why don't we kinda pipe down on the horseplay and get back to topic

DenBronx
06-09-2015, 04:37 PM
^^^ when 2 old guys try and be funny ^^^

topscribe
06-09-2015, 04:48 PM
You got something against old guys?

BroncoJoe
06-09-2015, 04:53 PM

Not sure, but it's clear he does not have a sense of humor.

DenBronx
06-09-2015, 06:32 PM

Well....there's old.....then there's stone age.

DenBronx
06-09-2015, 06:33 PM

Not sure, but it's clear he does not have a sense of humor.

Be moar funnie.

TXBRONC
06-09-2015, 06:59 PM

Some of my closest friends are old guys.

BroncoNut
06-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Some of my closest friends are old guys.

Be careful with that

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Takeaways from the first day of Broncos minicamp

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Takeaways-from-the-first-day-of-Broncos-minicamp/d2902358-bcdf-4b14-805b-0b114cc5af3b

VonDoom
06-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Notes from today - Cecil Lammey's observations (taken with a grain of salt as always):

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 20m20 minutes ago

Like the athleticism and awareness Matt Paradis is showing this morning at #Broncos minicamp - much improved from last year

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 18m18 minutes ago

Best pass protection RBs at #Broncos minicamp are CJA, Juwan and Kapri Bibbs. KB could build a strong case to make the 53 in AUG

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 16m16 minutes ago

Juwan Thompson doesn't just want to block you, he wants to destroy you. #Broncos minicamp - 1 of my favorites to watch out here.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 15m15 minutes ago

There's going to be a helluva fight for that final RB spot with the #Broncos - lots of talent in this group - Kapri shining every day

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 6m6 minutes ago

Other OL observations at #broncos minicamp - Ryan Harris is so natural in ZBS, he can step in & start if Clark struggles

Buff
06-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Garland a minor surprise for me...

@MikeKlis Gary Kubiak said he has settled on O-Line going into training camp - LT Sambrailo LG Garland C Gradkowski RG Vasquez RT Clark #9News

VonDoom
06-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

Kubiak said Shelley pushing Garland at LG and Paradis pushing Gino at C..Ty Sambrailo running first at left guard

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m18 minutes ago

Kubiak said that Sambrailo practically gone through training camp by end of next week. Pleased w progress

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

Kubiak said never been at facility at 5:15 am and not seen Garland.Effort and attitude off charts. "Has great opportunity here," Kubiak said

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 14m14 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison on #Broncos' minicamp O-line lineups: "Wouldn't read too much into it. The best five will play."

VonDoom
06-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

Manning "the reps you get you make them count". In reference to Kubiak resting vets

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

Manning "Ryan everything he's overcome. Was disappointed for him"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

Manning "I am committed and I am all in with what they need me to do"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Manning said he has been stimulated by the offensive changes during time in denver. "One thing i am not is bored" #Broncos

underrated29
06-10-2015, 03:01 PM
I had a feeling Kapri was going to be real good in this system. Remember my TC prediction thread. We will see how it shakes out with more than 1 practice and hitting is allowed. Glad he is doing well tho.

I think the OL will be TY, Shelly, Matt, Vaz, Harris.

I like Garland, watched him in the preseason games I have recorded still. He is excellent at getting to the next level and also has super quick and light feet. He lacks technique and when not on the move and one on one he got beat nearly every time. Hope he makes the team. He is like Tebow. You just want to play harder when you see him playing like a boss.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2015, 03:17 PM
He is like Tebow. .

What? Does he have a fetish for small boys?

underrated29
06-10-2015, 03:34 PM
What? Does he have a fetish for small boys?

I said Tebow, not Mo

Traveler
06-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Clark at RT is disappointing. He was horrible at that spot last year. Also disappointing that Garcia isn't in the C or LG competition.

underrated29
06-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Clark at RT is disappointing. He was horrible at that spot last year. Also disappointing that Garcia isn't in the C or LG competition.

Harris will beat out clark no problem, but they have to give the first nod to clark since he was here last year. I also bet Mad max is in contention for both. I hope he wins the LG spot. I like him a lot. I think paradis will take C.

VonDoom
06-10-2015, 08:03 PM

I think it's way too early to worry yet. Even Dennison was more vague about the "starters"

DenBronx
06-10-2015, 10:17 PM

So he played very good at LT in 2013 and bad at RT in 2014. Wouldn't it make sense to slide him over to LT where he seems to do better?

NightTerror218
06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Garcia I think is learning multiple positions and is primary backup to Vazquez.

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 01:24 PM
From today's final minicamp:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 42m42 minutes ago

It is June without pads on and all that, but Manning looks fantastic on medium-to-deep throws. Accuracy is amazing #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 41m41 minutes ago

Broncos rookie Shane Ray still just doing strength/stretching work on the sideline with Danny Trevathan and trainers.

#broncos Trevor Seimian, recovering from knee surgery, looks good in throwing drills

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Coaches will speak - Kubiak first:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said have to have game plan going into camp. Figures that Daniels will work 2 out of 3 days in camp. Few others will be like that

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 3m3 minutes ago

"The young players on this team have improved. ... You've gotta get everybody ready."

- Coach Kubiak

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said walker and sly Williams have been impressive at nose tackle. Said Marvin Austin has missed some reps bc of minor injuries.

DeCamillis:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Joe DeCamillis said Emmanuel Sanders is still in the mix for punt returns and "has done a good job with it."

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 1m1 minute ago

SPT coordinator Joe DeCamillis says the goal will be to carry one kicker, one punter and one snapper into the regular season.

#Broncos say there is competition at punter. Way early. But bears watching

--------------------------

Those last two are interesting. I imagine they're hoping that McManus improves enough to be the full time kicker. I wonder if that "competition" at P is a real thing or just something to say. One LS? No kidding! I guess Brewer's job is safe.

Buff
06-11-2015, 01:43 PM
From today's final minicamp:

It is June without pads on and all that, but Manning looks fantastic on medium-to-deep throws. Accuracy is amazing #Broncos

:rolleyes:

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Wade Phillips:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Shane Ray strained a quad muscle and that held him back from more extensive work this week, Wade Phillips said.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Was working with trainers today but it has slowed his progress.

Wade Phillips said next week big for Ray to get more reps. Was slowed by toe and now quad Phillips impressed w his classroom work

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Wade Phillips: "@Sylwil92 has been exceptional. I think he's really taken over the NT position"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Phillips said Sly Williams has taken ownership of nose tackle. Said walker, Malik, Wolfe look good. Admitted A. Smith's status "up in air"

DenBronx
06-11-2015, 01:58 PM
That's good news about Sly. He needs to really step it up this year. Honeymoons over...

VonDoom
06-11-2015, 02:04 PM
That's good news about Sly. He needs to really step it up this year. Honeymoons over...

I agree. He always seemed like a good fit for Phillips, but we don't know truly whether the talent is there. Guess we'll find out.

swaiy
06-11-2015, 06:56 PM
God forbid a DT take 3 years (the average time it usually takes to put it together at that position) to develop.

DenBronx
06-11-2015, 07:27 PM
God forbid a DT take 3 years (the average time it usually takes to put it together at that position) to develop.

First round DTs take 3 years to develop?

dogfish
06-12-2015, 12:38 PM
SPT coordinator Joe DeCamillis says the goal will be to carry one kicker, one punter and one snapper into the regular season.

thank god! this is the only way to do it that makes sense. . .

First round DTs take 3 years to develop?

generally, yes. . .