PDA

View Full Version : College Bowl Games

Pages : [1] 2

Az Snake
12-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Yes Martha, there still is some good football left this year !

Bummer !!!

Those OKIES are coming back to my town AGAIN !!!

Ugh !

Isn't there anything else to do in Oklahoma ? The whole state shows up here 2 weeks early !

They rent out all the hotel rooms and gobble up all the rental cars !

All you can see is red for miles. It's just awful !

j/k :D

LSU and Ohio State. Interesting.

Interesting to see a beat up SEC team have a whole month to get healthy. Which QB does Ohio prepare for ?

Ooooh, it's in the SuperDome too. Ouch !

Glad to see Da Bruddahs from Hawaii and June Jones get a chance to shine in the national spotlight !!!

ASU and Texas. Watch out for those longhorns, Sun Devils !

Good to see 2 service academies get bowl bids !

Navy and Utah ! Go Middies !!!

(AF is the other academy, but Navy already beat the bejeepers out of The Falcons, so who cares about that game !) :lol: Right SR ?

Lots of good games coming up !!!

LET’S GO BOWLING !!!

Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego
Utah vs. Navy - Dec. 20, 9 p.m. ESPN

New Orleans Bowl in New Orleans
Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis - Dec. 21, 8 p.m. ESPN2

Papajohns.com Bowl in Birmingham, Ala.
Cincinnati vs. Southern Miss - Dec. 22, 1 p.m. ESPN2

New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque, N.M.
Nevada vs. New Mexico - Dec. 22, 4:30 p.m. ESPN

Las Vegas Bowl in Las Vegas
UCLA vs. BYU - Dec. 22, 8 p.m. ESPN

Hawaii Bowl in Honolulu
Boise State vs. East Carolina - Dec. 23, 8 p.m. ESPN

Motor City Bowl in Detroit
Central Michigan vs. Purdue - Dec. 26, 7:30 p.m. ESPN

Holiday Bowl in San Diego
Arizona State vs. Texas - Dec. 27, 8 p.m. ESPN

Texas Bowl in Houston
Texas Christian vs. Houston - Dec. 28, 8 p.m. NFL Network

Champ Sports Bowl in Orlando, Fla.
Boston College vs. Michigan State - Dec. 28, 5 p.m. ESPN

Emerald Bowl in San Francisco
Maryland vs. Oregon State - Dec. 28, 8 p.m. ESPN

Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte, N.C.
Wake Forest vs. Connecticut - Dec. 29, 1 p.m. ESPN

Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn.
Central Florida vs. Mississippi State - Dec. 29, 4:30 p.m. ESPN

Alamo Bowl in San Antonio
Penn State vs. Texas A&M - Dec. 29, 8 p.m. ESPN

Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.
Colorado vs. Alabama Dec. 30, 8 p.m. ESPN

Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas
California vs. Air Force - Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. ESPN

Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho
Fresno State vs. Georgia Tech - Dec. 31, 2 p.m. ESPN2

Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas
Oregon vs. South Florida - Dec. 31, 2 p.m. CBS

Music City Bowl in Nashville, Tenn.
Kentucky vs. Florida State - Dec. 31, 4 p.m. ESPN

Chick-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta
Auburn vs. Clemson - Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m. ESPN

Insight Bowl in Tempe, Ariz.
Indiana vs. Oklahoma State - Dec. 31, 8 p.m. NFL Network

Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla.
Wisconsin vs. Tennessee - Jan. 1, 11 a.m. ESPN

Cotton Bowl in Dallas
Missouri vs. Arkansas - Jan. 1, 11:30 a.m. FOX

Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla.
Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Jan. 1, 1 p.m. CBS

Capital One Bowl in Orlando, Fla.
Michigan vs. Florida - Jan. 1, 1 p.m. ABC

Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.
Southern California vs. Illinois - Jan. 1, 4:30 p.m. ABC

Sugar Bowl in New Orleans
Hawaii vs. Georgia - Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m. FOX

Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz.
Oklahoma vs. West Virginia - Jan. 2, 8 p.m. FOX

Orange Bowl in Miami
Virginia Tech vs. Kansas - Jan. 3, 8 p.m. FOX

International Bowl in Toronto
Rutgers vs. Ball State - Jan. 5, noon ESPN2

GMAC Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
Bowling Green vs. Tulsa - Jan. 6, 8 p.m. ESPN

BCS Championship Game in New Orleans
Ohio State vs. LSU Jan. 7, 8 p.m. FOX

(ALL TIMES EASTERN)

Nomad
12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Well Az, my pessimistic side is getting the best of me again and I realized LSU is #2 in the BCS poll and that means they have the #2 jinx on them.

Watchthemiddle
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Well Az, my pessimistic side is getting the best of me again and I realized LSU is #2 in the BCS poll and that means they have the #2 jinx on them.

Watch it there buddy...

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

Nomad
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Watch it there buddy...

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

I know I was talking to my cousin from Baton Rouge and it's going to be one big party there and I'm going to be stuck up here in NODAK freezing my butt off and :ponder: about the game.. Looking at the snow all day and being laid off is making me :loco::laugh:. Luckily after the New Year, I'll be going back to work. By the way, do you ever go to tigerforums.com.

rcsodak
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I know I was talking to my cousin from Baton Rouge and it's going to be one big party there and I'm going to be stuck up here in NODAK freezing my butt off and :ponder: about the game.. Looking at the snow all day and being laid off is making me :loco::laugh:. Luckily after the New Year, I'll be going back to work. By the way, do you ever go to tigerforums.com.

Sad to hear you've been laid off, B.......good thing you have a wife! :D Hey, more time to ice fish!!!!!!

I'm just wondering.....do the tiggers EVER have to play a bowl game out of state?

And AZ......you could have WORSE teams invading your lovely abode.....:

Az Snake
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
And AZ......you could have WORSE teams invading your lovely abode.....:

I do.

Oklahoma State and Indiana in ASU's stadium.

Oklahoma and West Virginia in the Cardinal's stadium.

:lol:

The whole state of Oklahoma will be here. :rolleyes:

This is one of the strangest bowl seasons that I can recall.

Oklahoma got ripped off.

And what the heck is Michigan doing playing Florida on New Years ?

The Florida Gators will chew them up and spit them out !

I hope LSU mends up and drops Ohio State like the Gators did !

The "Big Ten" can't stand in the shadow of the SEC !

Denver Native (Carol)
12-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, I definitely will be watching the Outback Bowl this year - not because I like Wisconsin or Tennessee, BUT because my son was selected to be the head referee in that game :elefant:

Az Snake
12-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, I definitely will be watching the Outback Bowl this year - not because I like Wisconsin or Tennessee, BUT because my son was selected to be the head referee in that game :elefant:

That is quite an honor for your son Carol.

They only select the best ref teams for the Bowl Games.

Congratulations !

What conference does your son normally ref in ?

I'm pulling for SEC's Tennessee, and I'm looking forward to watching your son ref !

Nomad
12-07-2007, 11:26 AM

That sounds great DN! The Outback Bowl is a big game between the SEC and Big Ten. He must be a great ref to get the honors. I'll check out the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
That sounds great DN! The Outback Bowl is a big game between the SEC and Big Ten. He must be a great ref to get the honors. I'll check out the game.

Thanks Nomad B

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
That is quite an honor for your son Carol.

They only select the best ref teams for the Bowl Games.

Congratulations !

What conference does your son normally ref in ?

I'm pulling for SEC's Tennessee, and I'm looking forward to watching your son ref !

Thanks Az - He is a head referee in the Mountain West, and was the only one from his crew to get a bowl game this year.

ChampWJ
12-07-2007, 02:19 PM

They didn't fare much better being #1 (twice) this season. :D

Nomad
12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Interesting stat between LSU and OSU. Last time an SEC team lost to OSU(4-6-1) was LSU(8-4) in Columbus in 1988 with a final score of 36-33 and in 1987 they tied. You'd have to go all the way back to 1935, the 2nd to last time an SEC lost to OSU.

And since 2001, the underdog in the championship game has won 4 of the 6 games.

Nomad
12-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Boy AZ, Texas is laying the wood to the Sun Devils, this is too bad because I hate the Longhorns. I know I keep repeating myself but I don't have a good feeling about LSU in the NCG as the game gets closer.

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Boy AZ, Texas is laying the wood to the Sun Devils, this is too bad because I hate the Longhorns. I know I keep repeating myself but I don't have a good feeling about LSU in the NCG as the game gets closer.

Ditto! Don't like the Longhorns and they are killing Arizona State. Maybe a miracle will happen...go Sun Devils!:salute:

MOtorboat
12-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Arizona State's playcalling sucks...

I thought Dennis Erickson was supposed to be a better coach than Mack Brown...

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Arizona State's playcalling sucks...

I thought Dennis Erickson was supposed to be a better coach than Mack Brown...

Evidently not tonight...come on Arizona State!!!!:elefant:

Nomad
12-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I am surprised to see Mich State playing BC so tough. I thought Ryan was supposed to be some great QB. This game will bring his stock down in the draft. I know BC is winning the game but it's far from over and I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU win at the rate they're playing.

I have a feeling more upsets are to come in these bowl games. This is the year of upsets.

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
I am surprised to see Mich State playing BC so tough. I thought Ryan was supposed to be some great QB. This game will bring his stock down in the draft. I know BC is winning the game but it's far from over and I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU win at the rate they're playing.

I have a feeling more upsets are to come in these bowl games. This is the year of upsets.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching this Nomad.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Ryan just tossed a 70 yard TD...

Nomad
12-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Ryan just tossed a 70 yard TD...

:whoknows:but I think Ryan got a little help with an offensive pushoff and no call. It wasn't called so, yes it was a good pass!

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 08:01 PM
:whoknows:but I think Ryan got a little help with an offensive pushoff and no call. It wasn't called so, yes it was a good pass!

Yeah...saw that too.

Not the most blatant I've seen, could have gone either way prob and been fine.

Nomad
12-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah...saw that too.

Not the most blatant I've seen, could have gone either way prob and been fine.

The more Big 10 teams that go down, the happier I am!:D

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
24-21 w/5.5 to go...

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Horrible time to muff a punt...

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow...anything can happen, but that ought to do it.

What a horrible night by Hoyer - 4 INTs.

BroncoBJ
12-28-2007, 08:47 PM
:lol: yea that was a pretty wack game.

I got 2 bowl games wrong and thier both on late Fgs.
The BYU-UCLA game and the BoiseState-East Carolina. :mad:

oh well. :lol:

BroncoBJ
12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Damn this Maryland/OSU game is nuts.

Every time I look up its a turnover.
I'm getting lost as far as who has the ball it seems. :lol:

Nomad
12-29-2007, 07:49 PM
If Miss St offense was as good as their defense, they'd be smoking UCF. :beer:Here's to the SEC winning more games!

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Is Fran back???

A&M is totally trying to give this game away...

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Yep...it looks like the Aggies have shot their wad...we'll see.

Go Buffs, BTW.

Tough game against Bama though...

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
JoPa is 99 years old...

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Rick Neuheisel is a scum-bag POS...

I hope he's humiliated and UCLA dumps his sorry a$$ by 2009.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Halftime in the Alamo Bowl is lasting about 2-hours...

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I am now watching (hoping) A&M can come back and beat JoPa's boys...

C'mon Aggies...

broncogirl7
12-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Way to go Penn State.
Maybe we can draft Dan Connor from Penn State !

slim
12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/colleges/articles/12n-ouarrest1231-CR.html

Sooner sent home for shoplifting

GLENDALE - Oklahoma starting defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger will miss the Fiesta Bowl after being sent home from Arizona following an arrest for shoplifting.

Granger, 21, was arrested Saturday in Tempe after he tried to steal a jacket from the Burlington Coat Factory inside Arizona Mills Mall, Tempe police reported.

"Mr. Granger removed an anti-theft device from a jacket and then concealed the jacket in a bag. He exited the store walking past the cash registers without paying for the jacket," Mike Horn, a spokesman for the Tempe Police Department, said in a statement.

Granger admitted committing the offense and was booked into the Tempe City Jail on one count of shoplifting, Horn said. He later bonded out of jail.

A 307-pound run stuffer, Granger had recorded 35 tackles to tie for the most among the Sooners' defensive linemen. He also had 3 1/2 sacks among his 8 1/2 tackles for loss this season.

"DeMarcus Granger was sent home yesterday, will not play and we'll deal with the situation when we get back," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said Monday during a media day at University of Phoenix Stadium. "If there's anything further, we'll see."

Granger had started 11 of 13 games for this season, but No. 3 Oklahoma (11-2) does have some experienced depth at the position to help fill in against the potent rushing attack of No. 11 West Virginia (10-2) on Wednesday.

"We just go with the other guys. Gerald McCoy, Steven Coleman, Cory Bennett, those guys have all been solid. Adrian Taylor will get more snaps," Stoops said. "All of those guys have played through the season for us, so it doesn't change anything we're doing."

Granger came to Oklahoma as a highly rated recruit from Kimball High School in Dallas before redshirting in 2005. He played as a reserve last season, but emerged from fall camp as the starter alongside McCoy.

"It's a big loss. He's a key to stopping things up front," said defensive end Auston English, who led the Big 12 with 9 1/2 sacks this season. "He's a great motivator for us. He makes big plays up the middle. His presence out there, somebody will have to step up and make up for it."

With a pair of 1,000-yard rushers in quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton leading the way, West Virginia has the No. 4 run game in the country with a 293-yard average. Granger could have been a key to slowing the Mountaineers.

"They have a great run game. They're quick, they're fast, but it's nothing that we haven't seen before," McCoy said. "We're just going to go out there, play our game, keep our same game plan.

"Penetration is the key to all the run game, and we've been emphasizing being great tacklers this week because the guys are slippery and they're fast."

Rex
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Stupid Sooner.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
What a friggin backwoods retard.

MOtorboat
12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Give the kid a break. The coach said he needed a coat for the formal dinner before the game...

Broncospsycho77
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Good effort by Colorado last night in the second half. :banghead:. Too bad Saban killed 'em in the first quarter. On that final play, I was expecting something crazy, and all that I got was a freaking lateral pass? Hawkins can think of something better than that... We do look good for the future though, with baby Hawk only a frosh this year, so Go Buffs!

MOtorboat
12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
So Florida State has like 12 players available...Kentucky should win this...

Broncolingus
12-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Colorado lost a competitive game...

Air Force pulled a 'Denver' (i.e...blew a double-digit lead) and lost a competitive game...

I'm not liking this bowl season so far...

Broncospsycho77
12-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Air Force is by far the most fun team to watch year after year. It's amazing what a team can do when their linemen weigh about the exact same as their backs and receivers. Hats off to their coach, and their wacky option offense.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 09:10 PM
NFL Network is airing the Oklahoma St. vs. Indiana game and it is actually a good one. If you want to see some good NFL prospects at the wide receiver position watch this game. Both teams have studs. Also the best part is Mike Mayock is calling the game and unlike many analyist he actually knows a lot about what he is talking about and calls a good football game.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 09:16 PM
42-17 is actually a good one??

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
42-17 is actually a good one??

Well if you watch a game to watch talent and potential NFL prospects, yes. Adarius Bowman is a stud and so is James Hardy. Dantrell Savage is super fast and just watching him live is incredible.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Sorry, I''m not a scout or evaluate talent. I work in a prison. I evaluate thugs. ;-)

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
SEC 4-0 in bowl games so far! :rockon:

And people call our conference overrated. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
SEC 4-0 in bowl games so far! :rockon:

And people call our conference overrated. :coffee:

Hey Bailey - if you are watching the Outback Bowl, my son is the head referee.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Bailey - if you are watching the Outback Bowl, my son is the head referee.

Really? That's awesome. What conference is his crew from?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Really? That's awesome. What conference is his crew from?

Crew is from the Mountain West Conference.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Crew is from the Mountain West Conference.

Oh ok, that's cool.

I went to the Liberty Bowl the other day and we got stuck with a crappy Sun Belt crew. God those guys were bad.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh ok, that's cool.

I went to the Liberty Bowl the other day and we got stuck with a crappy Sun Belt crew. God those guys were bad.

I don't know how they select the referees for the bowl games, but this is the only crew that the Mountain West has doing a bowl game. The crew today is not my son's regular crew, but they are from different Mountain West Conference crews.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't know how they select the referees for the bowl games, but this is the only crew that the Mountain West has doing a bowl game. The crew today is not my son's regular crew, but they are from different Mountain West Conference crews.

I'm not sure if I like that too much. I think it would be better to keep regular crews together.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure if I like that too much. I think it would be better to keep regular crews together.

I know in the Mountain West, after each game, each crew and each referee are graded. Maybe the crew today are the referees who graded out best during the regular season. I will have to ask my son how that is done.

MOtorboat
01-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm on college football sensory overload right now...Michigan-Florida, Virginia-Texas Tech, Missouri-Arkansas, Wisconsin-Tennessee...

Too bad this isn't the first round of a playoff system, because we'd have four more weeks of this...

Nomad
01-01-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna sneak in here real quick to say DN, your son did a great job in the Outback game.Have a good one DN.

Boy I can't believe Florida is choking it up making Michigan look like they can actually play football. So much for the Heisman Winner!:rolleyes:

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Florida better win this game. I have them the top confidence level in my ESPN bowl pool. My second highest confidence pick has already lost, the last thing I need is for my highest to lose.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
So much for the Heisman Winner!:rolleyes:

So, Tebow plays defense now? I'm not going to fault him for the first half. Michigan has been having their way with Florida's defense. And if not for that illegal procedure penalty or the drop by Harvin on the next play, Florida has 21 points.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Temple for Missouri, 281 yards and 4 TD's..WOW

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 03:57 PM
This Michigan/Florida game is a good one. Hart Fumbled at the 1. Huge mistake.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Tebow just got jacked up...that was funny.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm gonna sneak in here real quick to say DN, your son did a great job in the Outback game.Have a good one DN.

Boy I can't believe Florida is choking it up making Michigan look like they can actually play football. So much for the Heisman Winner!:rolleyes:

Thanks - I think the crew did a good job.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
All tied up. Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself here..

Good game here 9'er

Yes it is

I thought the Gators would have an easy time with Michigan.

Me too.

Oh well, back to the game.

KCL
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Temple for Missouri, 281 yards and 4 TD's..WOW

2 new records for the Cotton Bowl...that was a kick ass game for
the Tigers!

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
What a game,,,,this is a good one. Michigan just went back up on top 38-35

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I need Florida to pull this one off to get the lead in my bowl pick 'em... I had them at highest confidence... thanks for the Heisman choke, Tebow.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
That was a great catch by Arrington that led to the touchdown. Less than 5 to go. Let's see if the Heisman can bring the Gators back.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 04:48 PM
That should just about seal it for Michigan.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I need Florida to pull this one off to get the lead in my bowl pick 'em... I had them at highest confidence... thanks for the Heisman choke, Tebow.

my god. Anyone blaming this on tebow is watching a far different game than I am. Florida's defense has screwed this one up not tebow. My god people

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
my god. Anyone blaming this on tebow is watching a far different game than I am. Florida's defense has screwed this one up not tebow. My god people

Well, yeah, I'm referencing both the playcalling of Florida and their inability to control Michigan's WRs, namely Manningham. Every time they get momentum like Hart's goal line fumble, the offense blows it and is forced to punt. Michigan shouldn't be dominating like they are, and it is mostly due to the offense's inability to move down the field and the defense flat out sucking, like they have all year.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Tebow has had terrible pass protection today.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Game over!

MOtorboat
Game over. Great game.

Broncospsycho77
Game, set, match.

MOtorboat
01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Anyone ever think that maybe the most storied college football program DOES have the athletes and they just haven't played to their potential...

Florida wasn't the same team they were last year, either...

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Anyone ever think that maybe the most storied college football program DOES have the athletes and they just haven't played to their potential...

Florida wasn't the same team they were last year, either...

No, their defense has been awful all year. It was just their explosive offense that kept them in games. Their three, well now four, losses were exactly what should have been expected from them.

MOtorboat
01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
No, their defense has been awful all year. It was just their explosive offense that kept them in games. Their three, well now four, losses were exactly what should have been expected from them.

Well, to me, all the problem was for Michigan, was the scheme. Because the spread offense is what they struggled against, but today they found a way to rattle Tebow a little bit and their juggernaut offense finally showed up. How, with that much talent, they struggled this year, is way beyond me.

Nomad
01-01-2008, 05:08 PM
First big upset! Florida came into this game flat and Mich had more to prove. I have a funny feeling the OSU/LSU game will be identical to this game and LSU gets upset!

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Texas Tech just came back to win... ****.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Anybody gonna watch the Rose Bowl? I have to go for the under dog in Illinois here.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Tebow has had terrible pass protection today.

Thank you! Anyone looking at this game objectively won't blame Tebow at all. Florida's crappy defense game up 41 and it would have been 55 had Hart not fumbled inside the 5 twice. Florida put up 35 points which is usually more than enough to win a college football game. Florida's defense screwed them. Not Tebow.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Thank you! Anyone looking at this game objectively won't blame Tebow at all. Florida's crappy defense game up 41 and it would have been 55 had Hart not fumbled inside the 5 twice. Florida put up 35 points which is usually more than enough to win a college football game. Florida's defense screwed them. Not Tebow.

And in the 2nd quarter, Tebow threw a decent pass into the end zone, but the guy dropped the ball. They proceeded to get the kick blocked. That series potentially lost the game for them. Too bad Tebow couldn't get a little more help today from his line, receivers, and the defense.

Nomad
01-01-2008, 05:26 PM
And in the 2nd quarter, Tebow threw a decent pass into the end zone, but the guy dropped the ball. They proceeded to get the kick blocked. That series potentially lost the game for them. Too bad Tebow couldn't get a little more help today from his line, receivers, and the defense.

Florida has a whole did suck! But regardless I think Tebow looked flat especially the first half, considering the adversity he faced through the season. Florida lost this game from the coaching staff on down to the placekicker.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Florida has a whole did suck! But regardless I think Tebow looked flat especially the first half, considering the adversity he faced through the season. Florida lost this game from the coaching staff on down to the placekicker.

Yep, agreed. They were extremely lucky to get 2 Mike Hart fumbles near the goal line. If I had to pick someone from Florida who sucked the least though, I'd say Tebow. At least he accounted for 4 TD's. It's sorta nice for Lloyd Carr to ride off into the sunset with a W. Poor guy has went through a lot at Michigan.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Anybody gonna watch the Rose Bowl? I have to go for the under dog in Illinois here.

This thing is gonna get ugly. 14-0 with only 6:30 into the game.

Nomad
01-01-2008, 05:38 PM
USC on their way for the route.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Yep, agreed. They were extremely lucky to get 2 Mike Hart fumbles near the goal line. If I had to pick someone from Florida who sucked the least though, I'd say Tebow. At least he accounted for 4 TD's. It's sorta nice for Lloyd Carr to ride off into the sunset with a W. Poor guy has went through a lot at Michigan.

All he had to was beat Ohio State a few times.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
All he had to was beat Ohio State a few times.

Which isn't a cake walk, but when it's the most important game of the year, you need to get it done. Maybe getting some fresh blood and new ideas from Rodriguez will get them over the hump. Carr has had his chances and couldn't pull through.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
This thing is gonna get ugly. 14-0 with only 6:30 into the game.

21-3 at halftime. I can't see the orange and blue from Illinois mounting a comeback in this contest. USC is pretty darn talented.

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Which isn't a cake walk, but when it's the most important game of the year, you need to get it done. Maybe getting some fresh blood and new ideas from Rodriguez will get them over the hump. Carr has had his chances and couldn't pull through.

Good move by Michigan in hiring Rodriguez, IMO. The spread has proven to be Tressel's kryptonite in the past couple of years (see Florida, Illinois). It'll be interesting to see what both coaches do with this change.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm ready for the Georgia/Hawaii game.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm ready for the Georgia/Hawaii game.

What time is that game? Brennan is fun to watch. I'd like to see an upset.

MOtorboat
01-01-2008, 07:09 PM
What time is that game? Brennan is fun to watch. I'd like to see an upset.

1:30 from right about now...7:30 central. Should be good...or at least, I hope it is...I'm watching Monk reruns because there's no way Illinois should even be in this game...

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
1:30 from right about now...7:30 central. Should be good...or at least, I hope it is...I'm watching Monk reruns because there's no way Illinois should even be in this game...

21-10. Huge run there by Illinois. I still don't think they will come back, but stranger things have happened.

MOtorboat
01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
21-10. Huge run there by Illinois. I still don't think they will come back, but stranger things have happened.

Yeah, I saw it...two television :D...

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:20 PM
If they can get one more score and hold USC, we could have us a ballgame.

slim
01-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I like Mendenhall a lot. He would be a good pick up for Denver. His body type really reminds of TD.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I like Mendenhall a lot. He would be a good pick up for Denver. His body type really reminds of TD.

He's got some wheels on him for being a power back.

slim
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
He's got some wheels on him for being a power back.

Yeah he does. He is built too.

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll third that for Mendenhall. Will he stay until the middle or later rounds? Well, if he leaves at all... I can see him as one of those guys who gets a boost from the combine.

Speaking of which, Illinois is making a little comback...

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Dang. That was another huge run by Mendenhall.

slim
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Dang, who is #1 for IL? That dude has some jets.

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Speaking of which, Illinois is making a little comback...

Nevermind.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
These coaches need to discipline their players better. That's the 2nd taunting penalty today by USC. You aren't in the NFL yet, just keep your head in the game and help your team win. Geez.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Horrible pick. That will take all the energy from Illinois.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Game over..

BOSSHOGG30
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm already sick of hearing about Hawaii.... Go Dawgs!

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I hope Uga bites someone again...

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Go Hawaii!!!!!!!

BOSSHOGG30
01-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Go Hawaii!!!!!!!

Don't listen to Kev... he's on roids.

slim
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Go Hawaii!!!!!!!

LOL...where is warhorse, anyway?

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm wanting to see me some offense tonight baby!!!!!

slim
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Boss, how much of Knowshawn will we see tonight? Any other bulldogs we should keep an eye on?

Nomad
01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
I'd be stunned if Hawaii wins this game!

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm wanting to see me some offense tonight baby!!!!!

Boss is having erection problems right now. The Bulldogs are playing.

slim
01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I saw McFadden play today. He is no AD....JMO. I am looking forward to seeing Knowshawn.

BroncoNut
01-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I saw McFadden play today. He is no AD....JMO. I am looking forward to seeing Knowshawn.

let's go HI (Hawaii)

slim
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
let's go HI (Hawaii)

Nut, you randy SOB...how the hell are u?

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Who picked the name Rainbow Warriors? Anyone else think they could have just went without the Rainbow part of the name?

slim
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Who picked the name Rainbow Warriors? Anyone else think they could have just went without the Rainbow part of the name?

LOL...they are happy and proud. :laugh:

BroncoNut
01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Nut, you randy SOB...how the hell are u?

Been welll Slim, HNY

BroncoNut
01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
LOL...they are happy and proud. :laugh:

were is Colt Brennan from? L.A.?

slim
01-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Been welll Slim, HNY

Are you watching the Sugar Bowl?

BroncoNut
01-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Are you watching the Sugar Bowl?

aye, I am. Looks like GA is sarting to put it away.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
This could turn into a blowout real soon.

slim
01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
This could turn into a blowout real soon.

Well, boss will be happy.

AgentOrange
01-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Ugly first half for Hawaii. I'd hoped the WAC would acquit themselves better against and SEC team. Hawaii can light up the scoreboard in a hurry, but unless they come out firing on all cylinders UGA's got this one put away.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Hawaii wouldn't even be bowl eligible in the SEC. I'm not even sure that they could beat Ole Miss, who didn't win a game in the SEC this season.

ChampWJ
01-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Good win for my boys! I think they were pissed about not getting in the BCS championship game and played with a chip on their shoulder. They are still extremely young too, mostly freshmen and sophs, so the next few years should really be fun. Do not be surprised if they win a national championship in the next 2 or 3 years. The talent is there, the coaching is there, everything is set.

Go DAWGS!!!

Nomad
01-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Good win for my boys! I think they were pissed about not getting in the BCS championship game and played with a chip on their shoulder. They are still extremely young too, mostly freshmen and sophs, so the next few years should really be fun. Do not be surprised if they win a national championship in the next 2 or 3 years. The talent is there, the coaching is there, everything is set.

Go DAWGS!!!

Great win, WJ! But it was no surprise to anyone! I guess I'm the only LSU follower that isn't drinking the purple/gold koolaid and have my purple glasses on. I think at the end of Monday night LSU will wish they'd of played in the Sugar Bowl instead of the NCG. I have been known to be a pessimist but I just think OSU has more to prove and will come into this game a little fired up like Michigan did yesterday. Georgia has a good young team up and coming.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Great win, WJ! But it was no surprise to anyone! I guess I'm the only LSU follower that isn't drinking the purple/gold koolaid and have my purple glasses on. I think at the end of Monday night LSU will wish they'd of played in the Sugar Bowl instead of the NCG. I have been known to be a pessimist but I just think OSU has more to prove and will come into this game a little fired up like Michigan did yesterday. Georgia has a good young team up and coming.

I think LSU will kill Ohio St. Ohio St. will rely on their running game, just like they did for most of the season. LSU is too good up front and should be healthy after a long layoff. Ohio St. should struggle on offense. Now LSU has to protect the football, because Ohio St. D is good.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I think LSU will kill Ohio St. Ohio St. will rely on their running game, just like they did for most of the season. LSU is too good up front and should be healthy after a long layoff. Ohio St. should struggle on offense. Now LSU has to protect the football, because Ohio St. D is good.

How'd that work out for Florida?

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 10:16 AM

It's too bad USC got Illinois and Georgia got Hawaii, because I would have loved to see USC-Georgia...

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:17 AM
How'd that work out for Florida?

Florida sucks? what does that have to do with the LSU and Ohio St. game?

Rex
01-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Urban should have found a way to keep Zook on at Fla to recruit for him. Just like Roy Williams...win a NC with another guys players.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Urban should have found a way to keep Zook on at Fla to recruit for him. Just like Roy Williams...win a NC with another guys players.

That is interesting because I'm confused to which players Roy Williams is winning with now?

Rex
01-02-2008, 10:24 AM
That is interesting because I'm confused to which players Roy Williams is winning with now?

His own. Just like at Kansas. Just cant win a NC with his own.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:26 AM
His own. Just like at Kansas. Just cant win a NC with his own.

Till this year. Oh and thanks for Roy Williams.

Rex
01-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Till this year. Oh and thanks for Roy Williams.

I am over it. He showed his integrity by slipping out the back door. Nobody really cares anymore.

Nomad
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm going off of LSU's weaknesses which are ST, penalties, o-line, run defense, coaching, controlling the tempo of the game. I think Dorsey will be slower even though a long layoff and Wells will run over a suspect run defense. I know Florida was not a good team yesterday (they were supposed to blow out Mich), but again I expect LSU to come out the same as Florida with the assumption they have more speed so the game is already won (Early Doucet's comments about speed) and OSU to play with a chip on their shoulders. I guess I'm not a homer, but this is what my feeling tells me. I have watched LSU for many many years and when you think you have them figured out, they prove you wrong.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
I am over it. He showed his integrity by slipping out the back door. Nobody really cares anymore.

k, well thank you anyways, he's no Dean Smith, but he is a very good coach and he back where he belongs, closer to his family.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm going off of LSU's weaknesses which are ST, penalties, o-line, run defense, coaching, controlling the tempo of the game. I think Dorsey will be slower even though a long layoff and Wells will run over a suspect run defense. I know Florida was not a good team yesterday (they were supposed to blow out Mich), but again I expect LSU to come out the same as Florida with the assumption they have more speed so the game is already won (Early Doucet's comments about speed) and OSU to play with a chip on their shoulders. I guess I'm not a homer, but this is what my feeling tells me. I have watched LSU for many many years and when you think you have them figured out, they prove you wrong.

Just so you know, I hope you are right, I hope that Ohio St wins. I hate LSU, but, no matter the out come of the game, I will still be happy because Florida lost and that almost means more to me. Way to go Mr. Heisman!:laugh:

Rex
01-02-2008, 10:35 AM
k, well thank you anyways, he's no Dean Smith, but he is a very good coach and he back where he belongs, closer to his family.

Well, I know all you members of the Tar Heel family are glad he is close to his family.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Illinois should of played Hawaii and Georgia should of played USC... that would of been one heck of a game. It's a shame that both teams won't have a chance to show they belong in the National Championship game. How much longer must the fans cry and beg for a playoff system?

DallasChief
01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Illinois should of played Hawaii and Georgia should of played USC... that would of been one heck of a game. It's a shame that both teams won't have a chance to show they belong in the National Championship game. How much longer must the fans cry and beg for a playoff system?

And Missouri should be playing VT.

Nomad
01-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Just so you know, I hope you are right, I hope that Ohio St wins. I hate LSU, but, no matter the out come of the game, I will still be happy because Florida lost and that almost means more to me. Way to go Mr. Heisman!:laugh:

I don't want to be right but I guess I'm still bitter all those years (this is way back when before the LSU of the 2000s) LSU let me down when hopes where high.

Watch what you say about Mr. Heisman. A certain poster around here may get his panties up in a ball and start crying.

Rex
01-02-2008, 10:41 AM
And Missouri should be playing VT.

Hater.

1 more win and K State could have been in the Independence Bowl.

Broncospsycho77
01-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Dorsey should be faster, if anything, since he's been injured by that chop block when playing Auburn. He's been hobbling around for a few weeks, and this month off should get him at least to 80% health. That should fix a lot of problems, especially if he gets a double team as the game goes on, which could open up holes for the rest of defense. That's basically what happened in the first 6 games, though they played pretty paltry offenses.

Both teams are lucky to be here, Ohio State by not having to play in a championship game, and LSU by some suspect playing and somehow beating Tennessee. They both backtracked to get in, so that intangible really shouldn't be too looked on. If the Tigers put in Perrilloux, then the game won't even be close, but I don't think he'll get much playing time in the option, so it should be a good game. The battle will be won by two factors: the battle in the trenches when OSU has the ball, and the New Orleans crowd.

NOTE: I am biased for LSU and against Ohio State.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Edit: I'm an idiot. He was talking about West Virginia...

Broncolingus
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
WV's speed is surprising against the Sooners so far...

I'd figured Oklahoma would've been up by 10-14 at this point...

Bradford hasn't looked sharp at all and where's been OU's O-line?

Of course, the Fiesta Bowl hasn't been sweet to Oklahoma lately has it?

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I wished I could watch both UNC and the bowl game, but i'm missing the bowl game... you guys will have to post more on the game so I know what is going on.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I wished I could watch both UNC and the bowl game, but i'm missing the bowl game... you guys will have to post more on the game so I know what is going on.

They have commercials...

13-6 Mountaineers. Owen Schmitt with a massive run for the touchdown. OU has struggled moving the ball. Most of their yardage has come on one play, a pass play from Bradford to Manuel Johnson (I think). They got a FG out of it.

Noel Devine with another huge play for West Virginia.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Touchdown Mountaineers.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
They have commercials...

13-6 Mountaineers. Owen Schmitt with a massive run for the touchdown. OU has struggled moving the ball. Most of their yardage has come on one play, a pass play from Bradford to Manuel Johnson (I think). They got a FG out of it.

Noel Devine with another huge play for West Virginia.

I have a superstition that if I turn the channel when my team is doing good that I jinx them, so I refuse to change the channel. They have a 30 point lead...I'm not ruining it.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I have a superstition that if I turn the channel when my team is doing good that I jinx them, so I refuse to change the channel. They have a 30 point lead...I'm not ruining it.

They are playing Kent State...

I think it's time to lose that habit....or get a second television...

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:52 PM
They are playing Kent State...

I think it's time to lose that habit....or get a second television...

Kent State is good. 10-2 record

Plus PG Thomas isn't playing for UNC.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Kent State is good. 10-2 record

Plus PG Thomas isn't playing for UNC.

They are up by 30...

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
They are up by 30...

10 three pointers could tie it up.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 09:56 PM
10 three pointers could tie it up.

Yeah...right..:rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
ok... it's over it is now safe to turn the channel. Thanks for nothing MB

MOtorboat
Hey NTL...WTF?

MOtorboat
ok... it's over it is now safe to turn the channel. Thanks for nothing MB

Nothing happened...quit whining, grow a pair and turn the channel :cool::D

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Nothing happened...quit whining, grow a pair and turn the channel :cool::D

:shots::cheers::beer:

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey NTL...WTF?

OK...this is better...

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
OK...this is better...

I retract said statement...WTF?

ChampWJ
01-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Anyone else here that completely despises the spread offense, like I do?

BroncoWave
01-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Anyone else here that completely despises the spread offense, like I do?

Why do you hate it? It's highly effective and fun to watch.

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Boomer Sooners?

Rex
01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Boomer Sooners?

DC, can you give me the transcript of how Oklahoma got hosed and should have played for the NC?

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
DC, can you give me the transcript of how Oklahoma got hosed and should have played for the NC?

Did someone say that after getting beat by a crappy Colorado team? That's as ridiculous as the USC for National Champions arguement.

Rex
01-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Did someone say that after getting beat by a crappy Colorado team? That's as ridiculous as the USC for National Champions arguement.

There were rumblings.

BTW, are you having a party at the house for the game tonight?

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 09:03 AM
There were rumblings.

BTW, are you having a party at the house for the game tonight?

The Mavs don't play tonight. They play tomorrow night.

Rex
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
The Mavs don't play tonight. They play tomorrow night.

Oh. Is there a game on tonight?

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey NTL...WTF?

I retract said statement...WTF?

OU got out-played and out-hustled by a much better prepared team last night.

Hat's off to the West Virginia Mountaineers, and congratulations to Coach Stewart. He did a phenomenal job coming into that situation and totally dominating the Sooners.

It's a good sign that you are watching a defense run by Brent Venables, if in a big-game the safeties let wide-receivers run right past them without even a second glance. But I was surprised that we couldn't even slow down their running attack.

Go back and look. I never made an argument that OU deserved to be in the National Championship game, but others did. Obviously, that question was answered last night definitively.

Again, congratulations to the Mountaineers, and Coach Stewart.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Great job WV...knew they were fast, but they also out-physicaled (or whatever) Oklahoma last night which was surprising...

What's up with the Sooners and the Fiesta Bowl anyway?

Goodness...

BigDaddyBronco
01-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Now they are calling it Chokelahoma on ESPN and saying we can't bash Ohio St. anymore after Okelahoma's last 5 years of Bowl defeats.

Can't really argue with them.

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Now they are calling it Chokelahoma on ESPN and saying we can't bash Ohio St. anymore after Okelahoma's last 5 years of Bowl defeats.

Can't really argue with them.

I've heard "Chokelahoma" ever since the loss to USC in the Orange Bowl. Unfortunately, it seems like a pretty apt description.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
C'mon Kansas tonight!!!!

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I've heard "Chokelahoma" ever since the loss to USC in the Orange Bowl. Unfortunately, it seems like a pretty apt description.

Si Señor....

Rex
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Si Señor....

how do you get the n with the ~ over it?

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Was the second half of Tenn / Wisconsin a bore or what?

Good game until the half then my gosh...turtles-ville.

3 pts - sucky boring.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure a PC can do it...at work (on a Mac) I just hit "option" and "n" at the same time and then hit "n" again and I get "ñ"

BOSSHOGG30
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Go Kansas!

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Go Kansas!

Amen, brother!

Rex
01-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Go Kansas!

Rock Chalk Boss!

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Tilde : Ctrl+~ (ã Ã, ñ Ñ, õ Õ)
Here's how to type a tilde on your keyboard. The tilde is the squiggly character over the top of the letter n in Spanish. It makes an sound like an 'ny' sound - e.g. cañon sounds like canyon! How grand! To do the tilde:
(1) Hold down the Ctrl key then press the Tilde key (usually Shift ~).
(2) Release all keys simultaneously.
(3) Type the appropriate letter a, n, o. Sometimes the tilde can appear on different keys depending on your keyboard.

But I can't do it.

n

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Tilde : Ctrl+~ (ã Ã, ñ Ñ, õ Õ)
Here's how to type a tilde on your keyboard. The tilde is the squiggly character over the top of the letter n in Spanish. It makes an sound like an 'ny' sound - e.g. cañon sounds like canyon! How grand! To do the tilde:
(1) Hold down the Ctrl key then press the Tilde key (usually Shift ~).
(2) Release all keys simultaneously.
(3) Type the appropriate letter a, n, o. Sometimes the tilde can appear on different keys depending on your keyboard.

But I can't do it.

n

I think that only works in programs like Word, not in a text box like this.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
é ñ ü î....

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
é ñ ü î....

You are the Mac Daddy. .. I guess mac's are just better DC.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
You are the Mac Daddy. .. I guess mac's are just better DC.

Actually they are expensive, false advertised POSs...but yeah...I can make a "ñ" and you can't.

Rex
01-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Actually they are expensive, false advertised POSs...but yeah...I can make a "ñ" and you can't.

Like Chiefs season tickets?

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Like Chiefs season tickets?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM

I smell Mac's new commercial. Those ones with the young guy and the geezer piss me off.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:13 PM
C'mon Jayhawks!!!!

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
BTW...

In pulling for the Jayhawks so much, I've automatically doomed any chance of a win for them...

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
BTW...

In pulling for the Jayhawks so much, I've automatically doomed any chance of a win for them...

Good.

Hey lingus, can you cram a few more pics into your sig?

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
How can anyone root against VT after the tragedy they all endured?

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Good.

I'll take them out if you want me too...really.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:32 PM
How can anyone root against VT after the tragedy they all endured?

VT was a tragedy, yes...

I want KU to win...

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
MIssed FG...****!

slim
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Good.

I had to turn sigs off, they are just way to big over here.

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:45 PM

Whiner. :elefant:

I agree, whole-heartedly.

slim
Whiner. :elefant:

I agree, whole-heartedly.

Off topic....:D

Broncolingus

Should be fine now...

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Off topic....:D

I am off topic by definition. Who's playing again?

slim
01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Should be fine now...

OK...I'll take your word for it (it wasn't your sig that pushed me over the edge :D).

Broncolingus
I am so sick of friggin high-stepping, endzone diving, etc. **** play and the such...

When the **** did that become such a part of the friggin game.

Somebody makes a good play, but it's not enough to help your team win...

No, dickface has to draw attention to himself like a ******* idiot, highstep into the endzone, and draw a flag.

Sign him up Baltimore!

slim
I am off topic by definition. Who's playing again?

I would guess VT and Kansas.

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:49 PM

So from Lingus' fit, then VT is winning?

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Looks like KU's been taking ST lessons from Denver in this one...

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks like KU's been taking ST lessons from Denver in this one...

Ouch. Punting lessons or tackling lessons?

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 08:53 PM

No...INT return by KU.

But, instead of just running it into the endzone...dudes got to highstep with the ball held high in the air from the 10 yard line taunting the other players like a retard...

Of course, that results in a penalty and good field position on the kick off by VT...

Friggin incredible...

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:55 PM
No...INT return by KU.

But, instead of just running it into the endzone...dudes got to highstep with the ball held high in the air from the 10 yard line taunting the other players like a retard...

Of course, that results in a penalty and good field position on the kick off by VT...

Friggin incredible...

Sounds like a classy guy.

Bronco4ever
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
No...INT return by KU.

Friggin incredible...

Tell me about it. Did you watch the USC game? I hope those guys get an ear full from the coach. Stuff like that is just gonna hurt your team.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Tell me about it. Did you watch the USC game? I hope those guys get an ear full from the coach. Stuff like that is just gonna hurt your team.

Yeah...same stuff.

'm just sick that's become such a part of the game...

Pisses me off actually...

All that idiot **** had to do was just run into the end zone and go high-five his teammates...

But I guess that isn’t enough anymore…now, you’ve got to rub it in peoples faces to be ‘cool.’

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
17-0, but looks like VT is going to score here dang-it...

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 09:42 PM
17-7...

Alright, KU...let's get that TD back.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Okay...KU.

30-min more of good play and the Orange Bowl is yours.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Yep...it's official.

Scott O’Brien is coaching ST for KU.

Crap!

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow...

The tide is really turning in this game fast...

Crap.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I am talking to myself here, but that's okay...

KU is just barely hanging on to this...doesn't look good.

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
KU got a little boost from that blocked field goal. I'd love to see the Big 12 get some credit here, but I have VT in my bowl pool... Oklahoma set me back, so this one is crucial for me...

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Wow...Magino is out Beemering Beemer...

Broncolingus
KU is doing horrible on offense this half...

In fact, they really haven't got into high gear all evening...

"Chokelahoma" - I didn't see that coming either, esp. after last year against the Broncos.

MOtorboat
OHHH...he didn't keep his feet. He was WIDE open.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Alright!

Fake punt for a 1st!

Man, I wish he could have scored on that one...I hope they can get a TD!

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I swear I knew that him not getting in the end zone was going to come back and haunt them...

2 penalties and an INT.

Crap.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Maybe Kansas won't piss it down their leg this time...

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Whoo-hoo!

Good job...TD RIGHT off the turnover.

Now, let's keep the pressure up on defense.

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Ouch. That's a bummer.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Ouch. That's a bummer.

Apologies...not meaning to rub it in.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:30 PM
C'mon, KU...

A TD here would put the game away!

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Apologies...not meaning to rub it in.

All in good fun. I'm split. 100 bucks (5 of mine) lie with V Tech, but pride in my conference (Colorado only lost by 6 to KU) lies with Rock Chalk. :noidea:

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Alright...recovered the onside,

Now, go down an score another TD with about a 1:30 left on the clock, and then the games over...

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Should be game now...

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Should be game now...

Call me crazy, but I've watched too much of the Bronco's this year to be confident at this point.

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I wonder if Mark Magino could give me tips on toning my abs?

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Congrats KU!!!!

Skinny
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Helluva game! First time i got to see Kansas play ... pretty impressive.

Bronco4ever
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I wonder if Mark Magino could give me tips on toning my abs?

Dude's got a keg, not a six pack.

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM
I think if you tip him over, he wouldn't be able to get back up.

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Good game...

Sorry about the c-note '77...

Night all...

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow, a BCS game that wasn't a yawner.

****ing BCS sucks ass.

Bronco4ever
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Wow, a BCS game that wasn't a yawner.

****ing BCS sucks ass.

I wonder if the NCG will be as bad as the BCS games were. At this point it might not really matter though. College football as a whole was kind of a mess this year. No team really stood out head and shoulders above the rest of the field. It's a shame that they are too money hungry to get it done right and get a playoff system.

Broncospsycho77
01-04-2008, 12:33 AM
At least the plus one system would give us Georgia-USC in the finale... that would've been great.

NightTrainLayne
01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
At least the plus one system would give us Georgia-USC in the finale... that would've been great.

A plus one system would get Georgia and USC into the finale???

I guess I don't understand how a plus one system would work then. #5 vs. #7?

Rex
01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Rock Chalk, betches!

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
A plus one system would get Georgia and USC into the finale???

I guess I don't understand how a plus one system would work then. #5 vs. #7?

Yeah...the way I'm looking at it, the plus-one would be giving us Georgia-Ohio State/LSU or Missouri-Ohio State/LSU...