PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Redskins SB on NFL Network now

Northman
06-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Yea! Time to relieve one of the SB nightmares!

OrangeHoof
06-04-2015, 08:41 PM
I prayed for the Broncos that Sunday and wore my Broncos pin to church. I watched Denver get off to a 10-0 lead knowing that almost all teams that get early Super Bowl leads in the 70s and 80s won easily.

Then the phone rang. It was my mother.

The phone was outside the viewing range of my tv set but, it's my mom. We had a pleasant visit and I decided not to stress about the game because I was taping it and could relive all the glory later.

When we were done talking, I hung up the phone and the first half is coming to a close and we're behind, 35-10.

Everytime since the Broncos have gone to the Super Bowl, I've unplugged/turned off every phone in the house.

DenBronx
06-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I hated this last SuperBowl. So embarrassing....I will never hear the end of it. My dads a stupid raider fan and so are most of my friends.

sneakers
06-04-2015, 09:45 PM
make sure to watch the first quarter

Canmore
06-04-2015, 09:47 PM
make sure to ONLY watch the first quarter

Fixed it for you.

tomjonesrocks
06-05-2015, 10:53 AM
The worst of the 3 80s SBs for me.

That game was winnable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2015, 11:08 AM
The worst of the 3 80s SBs for me.

That game was winnable.

The worst for me was the 9ers. So embarrassing.

DenBronx
06-05-2015, 11:10 AM
All of our SB losses are embarrassing. Too many losses...

EastCoastBronco
06-08-2015, 08:01 AM
The NFC was a power house in those years.
After Oakland beat the Skins in 83 that was the end of the road for the AFC until 97 when WE restored balance to the force...An eternal source of pride BTW.
In those lean years of the NFC empire, Buffalo was the only team that even came close to ending the drought that first year against NJ.
For whatever reason (drafting...bad luck...whatever...) AFC teams just weren't built the same and could not compete for 4 quarters against the NFC beasts.
It was a rough time to be the fan of any AFC organization as far as championships went.
I'm so glad those days are over and there seems to be a relative balance.

As far as this thread is concerned...
I have never watched that game again in it's entirety and the name "Timmy Smith" still haunts me in my nightmares...;-)

7DnBrnc53
06-13-2015, 12:10 AM
The NFC was a power house in those years.
After Oakland beat the Skins in 83 that was the end of the road for the AFC until 97 when WE restored balance to the force...An eternal source of pride BTW.
In those lean years of the NFC empire, Buffalo was the only team that even came close to ending the drought that first year against NJ.
For whatever reason (drafting...bad luck...whatever...) AFC teams just weren't built the same and could not compete for 4 quarters against the NFC beasts.
It was a rough time to be the fan of any AFC organization as far as championships went.
I'm so glad those days are over and there seems to be a relative balance.

As far as this thread is concerned...
I have never watched that game again in it's entirety and the name "Timmy Smith" still haunts me in my nightmares...;-)

Those NFC teams were good in that era (1984-95 or whatever), and the AFC was undersized a lot, but there were years when they didn't send the best opponent, in my mind.

For example, I would rather have seen the Broncos in SB XIX against SF (with Gradishar coming back for one more year. That would have been cool) than in the ones they played in at the end of the 86 and 87 seasons.

In 86, I would rather have seen the Seahawks play the Giants (they were the hottest team down the stretch, and they beat the Giants that year), and in 87, I would rather have seen the Browns play the Skins.

Then, in the early-90's, there were three straight years (1992-94) that saw the wrong team get out of the AFC. The Bills were extremely lucky to get there those two years against Dallas. In 92, I think that the Oilers or SD should have been there, and in 93, I would have rather seen Houston, the Raiders, or Denver (with a healthy Rod Bernstine so they have a semblance of run game) play Dallas.

Then, in 94, the Steelers would have given SF a much better game than the Dolts did. Heck, the Browns may have since they had Belichick on their side.

Shazam!
06-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Broncos were just unfortunate to face legendary teams in the Super Bowl those years.

What makes their WINS so special is finally erasing failure for glory and they will be remembered as a legendary squad in their own right.

Even Buffalo for their 4 straight losses, had a nice string of dominance within the AFC. Good teams and good years. Denver's losses were not a complete failure.