PDA

View Full Version : Dave's Trip to Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3

Valar Morghulis
06-04-2015, 03:31 PM
So, this looks like it is happening.

It will be a Thursday night arrival - Monday afternoon departure.

I really want to make the Vikings game - it would be the best weather, it would allow me to complete a half marathon in Boulder while i am there as well. Unfortunately, when i spoke to my boss today she advised me that i am on a seminar then - and getting out of it will be difficult (but not impossible).

Next best for me is the Packers game, the time off from work will be easy, it is the cheapest flight.

After that it will be the Pats - which would be awesome because it is the pats lol, but i would need to fly in on the Friday as opposed to the thursday which limits my drinking time!

I could also do the Baltimore game.

If none of those dates will suit, it will need to be 2016.

I know it would be best to coincide this with the annual tailgate - but, if i could not make that weekend for whatever reason, how many people on here would be interested in a low key meat up?

I guess what i am asking is if i just book the most convenient flight for me - will there be anyone around to get drunk with on either of those three dates - even if it is not the annual tailgate - guys local to Denver i am looking at you?

Davii
06-04-2015, 03:41 PM

I really want to make the Vikings game - it would be the best weather, it would allow me to complete a half marathon in Boulder while i am there as well. Unfortunately, when i spoke to my boss today she advised me that i am on a seminar then - and getting out of it will be difficult (but not impossible).

Next best for me is the Packers game, the time off from work will be easy, it is the cheapest flight.

After that it will be the Pats - which would be awesome because it is the pats lol, but i would need to fly in on the Friday as opposed to the thursday which limits my drinking time!

I know it would be best to coincide this with the annual tailgate - but, if i could not make that weekend for whatever reason, how many people on here would be interested in a low key meat up?

I guess what i am asking is if i just book the most convenient flight for me - will there be anyone around to get drunk with on either of those three dates - even if it is not the annual tailgate - guys local to Denver i am looking at you?

There are people from this site at every home game. Without a doubt there will be people to meet up with and have a few, pregame, game, postgame.

underrated29
06-04-2015, 03:43 PM

If I am in town I am game. I bet a lot of the locals would. Ive met a few on several occasions. Never met Shake though. I havent seen P post here in a while. I hope she is doing well, she is usually always meeting up.

MasterShake
06-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Dave I always try and hit up the get togethers if I can. I live and work in downtown Denver so it is pretty easy for me, especially now that my kiddo is older. Just keep us posted! I met quite a few of these guys a at the infamous Tebow/Chicago game and I got to have some drinks with SR, PnBronco, Dogfish, Broncojoe, and other. Great group of people! If you make it out for the Minnesota game I will see you at the tailgate as well if that is the game we do.

MOtorboat
06-04-2015, 06:21 PM
I'll go to Denver if you go to Denver.

I have to meet this weird Scot who likes American football.

Dapper Dan
06-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Your boss is a woman?

BroncoWave
06-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Your boss is a woman?

#ObamasAmerica

wait...

ShaneFalco
06-04-2015, 09:41 PM
ill have to see what tickets me and my friends get when they go on sale.

But im always in Denver bro!

Valar Morghulis
06-05-2015, 04:58 AM
The Colorado Buffaloes are playing the Oregan Ducks on the Sat of the Vikings game at home.

Whats Boulder like - as I might end up staying there?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2015, 09:08 AM
That football game will likely be 82-0. I wouldn't pay to go see it. The Buffaloes are possibly the worst division 1 football team out there.

Valar Morghulis
06-05-2015, 09:25 AM
That football game will likely be 82-0. I wouldn't pay to go see it. The Buffaloes are possibly the worst division 1 football team out there.

Lol, the rams are away that weekend as well.

I will check the green bay weekend for a more favorable fixture!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Whenever you go to Denver Dave I'll go if the resources are there. This year is tough for me because we need a new roof.

Rex
06-05-2015, 10:00 AM
I'll go to Denver if you go to Denver.

I have to meet this weird Scot who likes American football.

Probably blow him off you putrid little puke midget

BroncoNut
06-05-2015, 11:01 AM

let's you and me do the packers game

MOtorboat
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Probably blow him off you putrid little puke midget

Eff off.

BroncoNut
06-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Eff off.

you are like that though

Valar Morghulis
06-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Providing work let me take the time off -

Arrive Thursday, stay downtown Denver
Shopping and sightseeing in Denver during the day on Friday and pub in the evening.
Travel to boulder on the Sat - watch the buffaloes. Night out in boulder.
Half marathon in boulder on the Sunday morning.
Game against Vikings in the afternoon.
Night out after the game
Travel home Monday.

This is a very rough outline, subject to change.

If work can't get me replaced - gapster, it will be me and thee for the pack.

Any other suggestions?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2015, 07:19 PM
I would be cautious of doing anything the morning of the game. It will he a 2pm kick off and you will want to be at the stadium at least an hour before kickoff.

Add in travel time from Boulder and you'll be cutting it close.

underrated29
06-05-2015, 07:54 PM
I would be cautious of doing anything the morning of the game. It will he a 2pm kick off and you will want to be at the stadium at least an hour before kickoff.

Plus the tailgating! At least 2 hours before the game is when I'll arrive. Last time I think people were there tailgating at 10am

spikerman
06-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Dave, when will you know for sure?

Pudge
06-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Plus the tailgating! At least 2 hours before the game is when I'll arrive. Last time I think people were there tailgating at 10am

I usually show up at nine for a 2 pm kickoff to ensure my favorite spot

Davii
06-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Don't plan anything else on Game day Dave

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Dave, when will you know for sure?

I should find out on Tuesday.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 02:34 AM
Cheers for the advice, that's a real shame because that running route looked amazing.

I will scratch that from the plan.

MOtorboat
06-06-2015, 02:35 AM
Cheers for the advice, that's a real shame because that running route looked amazing.

I will scratch that from the plan.

Gameday will not be healthy.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 02:37 AM

The start time for the run is 0700.

with the altitude it will take me longer - but I still figured I could be at the stadium for twelve.......I just never realised how hard you guys partied lol

MOtorboat
06-06-2015, 02:43 AM
And Dave, why are you staying in Boulder?

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 02:57 AM
And Dave, why are you staying in Boulder?

It was to allow more ready access to the boulder reservoir run and the buffs Game.

I asked what it was like, but no one replied telling me to avoid it

MOtorboat
06-06-2015, 03:00 AM
It was to allow more ready access to the boulder reservoir run and the buffs Game.

I asked what it was like, but no one replied telling me to avoid it

I'd actually think you'd enjoy Boulder, but I think you might miss the Denver experience. Let me know which weekend it is, and I'll see if I can come in on Saturday (I can't on Friday) and we can split costs on a room downtown and take public transportation over to the game Sunday.

Dapper Dan
06-06-2015, 03:08 AM
I agree. That dirty hippy will fit right in.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 03:11 AM
I agree. That dirty hippy will fit right in.

I will fit inside your ass

Dapper Dan
06-06-2015, 03:14 AM
I will fit inside your ass

Now you're starting to sound like someone from Denver.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Now you're starting to sound like someone from Denver.

Lol, stop jerking off

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2015, 10:08 AM
If you really think you can be at the stadium by noon you should do it Dave. Are you considering how the altitude would affect your run?

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Are you considering how the altitude would affect your run?

Not as much as I should be.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Not as much as I should be.

You live close to sea level, right Dave?

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 10:52 AM
You live close to sea level, right Dave?

Yeah - will it hit me really hard?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2015, 10:56 AM

Yes it will. I live at 2500 feet and I got fairly winded walking up to the top of the stadium.

I wasn't as well conditioned as you are, but I was in decent shape at the time. I had a regular maintenance routine at the gym back then.

I'm not sure what the elevation in Boulder is, but Denver is over 8k feet.

underrated29
06-06-2015, 10:57 AM

The alcohol will

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Yes it will. I live at 2500 feet and I got fairly winded walking up to the top of the stadium.

I wasn't as well conditioned as you are, but I was in decent shape at the time. I had a regular maintenance routine at the gym back then.

I'm not sure what the elevation in Boulder is, but Denver is over 8k feet.

I think i might look for a 10km rather than the half marathon then.

I do like going for runs in new places - i remember running into the wrong part of cape town and into a south african township - hopefully Denver will not be quite as eventful!

Davii
06-06-2015, 11:14 AM

Dave, it will kick you in your face. I felt fine until mile 3 and then the fatigue set in. I was definitely getting less oxygen and I was spent. I made it through to mile 6 but my times got worse each mile, and by mile 5-6 I felt like I was dragging two lead weights.

Whatever impact you think it will have, double it.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I need to remember - Colorado is probably about the size of the UK - so i need to keep checking things out with you natives.

Where is this in relation to Downtown Denver, Mile High and Boulder??? "Prairie Gateway trail in Commerce City"

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2015, 11:35 AM
I would use Google maps if I were you Dave.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 11:41 AM
I would use Google maps if I were you Dave.

I have and to me, it looks really close to downtown Denver, I just want to check

underrated29
06-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Never heard of the trail but commerce city is not close. It's like a 20-30 minute drive from Denver.

Edit- should also add it's not close to Boulder either...probably farther.

underrated29
06-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Red rocks, Morrison, Waterton canyon, Boulder, roxborough are all good places to see while running.....like commerce city tho, none are especially close to Denver. Morrison is probably the closest.

Valar Morghulis
06-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Red rocks, Morrison, Waterton canyon, Boulder, roxborough are all good places to see while running.....like commerce city tho, none are especially close to Denver. Morrison is probably the closest.

I wanted to try and run on an organized route - but **** it. I will just go for a run around the local area and see how and where I end up

Valar Morghulis
06-07-2015, 01:57 AM
Anyone like Ben Howard ? - he is playing at red rocks on 2 Oct 15, if I make that weekend, I will be going to this gig

turftoad
06-07-2015, 09:38 AM
I wanted to try and run on an organized route - but **** it. I will just go for a run around the local area and see how and where I end up

Dave, FYI, you're not gonna be there for long. You can see a lot more of Colorado in a car. Just sayin.

Valar Morghulis
06-08-2015, 04:41 AM
Just checked out car rental.

$166.

Not to bad.

All coming together nicely - just need the nod from work tomorrow and I can confirm when.

I really hope it is for the vikes - that means I can go to

Downtown Denver Friday day exploring
Red Rocks on Friday night to see Ben Howard
Boulder Saturday to watch the buffaloes
Early morning run somewhere on Sunday
Game day
Home time Monday afternoon

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 11:21 AM
So.....I just got the time off authorised for the Vikings game.

When are we going to go firm on the annual broncos forums tailgate? I can pretty much make any date now.

Got some finer details to iron out with the wife - but i am 95% in.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Stupid question time...

I have only ever driven a car with a gear stick in the middle of the floor - do most rental cars in the states come with this - or do you have some kid of crazy yank system for changing gear??

underrated29
06-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Stupid question time...

I have only ever driven a car with a gear stick in the middle of the floor - do most rental cars in the states come with this - or do you have some kid of crazy yank system for changing gear??

I had a yanking joke, but I just couldnt put it together.
So instead ill just answer, we have automatics mostly, the manual transmissions are standard just like any other car.

weazel
06-12-2015, 01:54 PM
rentals are 99% automatics... unless you find a place that rents high end sports cars.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 01:58 PM
rentals are 99% automatics... unless you find a place that rents high end sports cars.

I was thinking about renting a monster truck - because that is what all you guys drive - right?

underrated29
06-12-2015, 02:06 PM
I was thinking about renting a monster truck - because that is what all you guys drive - right?

Merica!

weazel
06-12-2015, 02:40 PM

we have 3 people that drive in our family and we own 4 trucks... so yes.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 02:46 PM
we have 3 people that drive in our family and we own 4 trucks... so yes.

that means you have a spare one - meet me at DIA and loan me one of yours.

Sorted Cheers.

weazel
06-12-2015, 02:47 PM
that means you have a spare one - meet me at DIA and loan me one of yours.

Sorted Cheers.

I'm about 1700 km from Denver, I don't think that would work out.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm about 1700 km from Denver, I don't think that would work out.

i dont want problems - give me solutions. I will give you 50 for gas.

MOtorboat
06-12-2015, 02:56 PM

Lol. That'll get him like 200 miles, tops.

weazel
06-12-2015, 03:09 PM

that oughta cover it

weazel
06-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Lol. That'll get him like 200 miles, tops.

If I'm pulling the travel trailer I can drive about 4hrs on a tank so about 400km on $130

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2015, 03:16 PM
If I'm pulling the travel trailer I can drive about 4hrs on a tank so about 400km on $130

did you put that in km to confuse people

weazel
06-12-2015, 03:20 PM
did you put that in km to confuse people

easy math... for us.

Valar Morghulis
06-13-2015, 03:14 AM
Red Rocks Amphitheatre Question

Reserved or General Admission Tickets - or does it not really matter? Is one closer to the band? Or is standing?

Valar Morghulis
06-13-2015, 03:17 AM
Cheapest ticket on NFL Ticket Exchange for the Vikings game is currently $185 - i am guessing this is because they are not on general release yet?

What is a more realistic price?

Valar Morghulis
06-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Flights Booked!

I am coming to Denver!

Valar Morghulis
06-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Guys - trust me, i hate nothing more than someone dropping in on me........but i am dropping in on you lot!

If anyone would like to meet up at

Red Rocks on Friday 02 Oct 15 before, during or after the Ben Howard gig
Folsom Field on Sat 03 Oct 15 before, during or after the Buffs game
Boulder Rez on Sun 03 Oct 15 at 0700 hrs to go for a 10km run (i sacked the half marathon after the altitude warnings)

Or any other time for beer that would be cool.

If not no problems, i am quite self sufficient and will see some of you at the tailgate.

Also - any help in sourcing a ticket for the Vikings game would be greatly appreciated.

MOtorboat
06-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Guys - trust me, i hate nothing more than someone dropping in on me........but i am dropping in on you lot!

If anyone would like to meet up at

Red Rocks on Friday 02 Oct 15 before, during or after the Ben Howard gig
Folsom Field on Sat 03 Oct 15 before, during or after the Buffs game
Boulder Rez on Sun 03 Oct 15 at 0700 hrs to go for a 10km run (i sacked the half marathon after the altitude warnings)

Or any other time for beer that would be cool.

If not no problems, i am quite self sufficient and will see some of you at the tailgate.

Also - any help in sourcing a ticket for the Vikings game would be greatly appreciated.

Dave and his geography fail makes me laugh. I think outside of the handful that live in Denver, I might be the closest, depending on where Pudge is on any give week. That's the equivalent of you driving to France, Dave.

Davii
06-13-2015, 06:36 PM
I might have to make my 3rd annual forum tailgate

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2015, 02:21 AM
Dave and his geography fail makes me laugh. I think outside of the handful that live in Denver, I might be the closest, depending on where Pudge is on any give week. That's the equivalent of you driving to France, Dave.

Well, if you are ever in France let me know!

Valar Morghulis
06-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Apart from the obvious things - i am looking forward to the following:

Eating in a Roadside Diner - and shouting over the waitress (who will obviously be really hot, and also kinda skanky) for some refillable coffee
Visiting a sports bar
Getting asked for ID when i buy a beer in an old fashioned "long bar" like MO's Tavern from the Simpsons

MOtorboat
06-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Apart from the obvious things - i am looking forward to the following:

Eating in a Roadside Diner - and shouting over the waitress (who will obviously be really hot, and also kinda skanky) for some refillable coffee
Visiting a sports bar
Getting asked for ID when i buy a beer in an old fashioned "long bar" like MO's Tavern from the Simpsons

2 of these 3 are plausible.

Valar Morghulis
06-19-2015, 02:16 PM
2 of these 3 are plausible.

I will take those odds, I better remember my ID

underrated29
06-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Where are you staying again? Sheridan?

Still unsure if ill be town but if so sat night i could meet up with you guys most likely

BroncoJoe
06-19-2015, 04:47 PM
I look forward to meeting you, Dave. Just bear in mind, if you try to meat me, I am a licensed CC person.

BroncoJoe
06-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Where are you staying again? Sheridan?

Still unsure if ill be town but if so sat night i could meet up with you guys most likely

You're so full of shit - you never show up.

Valar Morghulis
06-19-2015, 04:53 PM
I look forward to meeting you, Dave. Just bear in mind, if you try to meat me, I am a licensed CC person.

Playing hard to get eh?

BroncoJoe
06-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Playing hard to get eh?

I'll put a .357 bullet right in your nutsack. At least that'll solve your recent problem of racking yourself.

Valar Morghulis
06-19-2015, 05:06 PM
I'll put a .357 bullet right in your nutsack. At least that'll solve your recent problem of racking yourself.

And now you are taking dirty to me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-19-2015, 05:10 PM

I took the class a few months ago. I'm leaning towards a 1911 .45. Do you really carry a .357?

BroncoJoe
06-19-2015, 05:12 PM
I took the class a few months ago. I'm leaning towards a 1911 .45. Do you really carry a .357?

Actually, I carry a .44 Magnum Auto-Mag and it holds a 300-grain cartridge. And, if properly used, it can remove the fingerprints.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Actually, I carry a .44 Magnum Auto-Mag and it holds a 300-grain cartridge. And, if properly used, it can remove the fingerprints.

CC? That's a lot of pistol to hide.

BroncoJoe
06-19-2015, 05:15 PM
CC? That's a lot of pistol to hide.

But being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?

I was going to say I have room in my pants, but am afraid that would backfire badly for me.

underrated29
06-19-2015, 07:02 PM
You're so full of shit - you never show up.

Cuz I'm always out of town....every time I've been in town I've made it.

Valar Morghulis
06-20-2015, 04:18 AM
I know the internet is an amazing thing, and there is probably nothing you guys can't get, but I plan on bringing Irn-Bru and Buckfast - two drinks that are incredibly popular in Scotland.

I do not think you guys well have had the privilege of trying these - anything else, just let me know.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 07:56 AM
When I went to nfl games at Wembley, we were only allowed to take NFL approved clear bags into the ground........ Is that the same at Mile high?

spikerman
08-02-2015, 08:25 AM
When I went to nfl games at Wembley, we were only allowed to take NFL approved clear bags into the ground........ Is that the same at Mile high? yes, if you want to spend the money people are usually selling them outside the stadium.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Why is that, is it just a money making scheme or is it something to do with security?

Davii
08-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Why is that, is it just a money making scheme or is it something to do with security?

Supposedly security

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Supposedly security

i can sort of see an argument for that, but i think the security benefits may be a distant second to the profit in the eyes of the NFL!

spikerman
08-02-2015, 01:00 PM
i can sort of see an argument for that, but i think the security benefits may be a distant second to the profit in the eyes of the NFL!
After the Boston Marathon bombing they want to be able to see into the bags. I get it.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 02:26 PM
After the Boston Marathon bombing they want to be able to see into the bags. I get it.

Oh, is it that recent?

Also, that example makes this policy seem reasonable lol

Davii
08-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Oh, is it that recent?

Also, that example makes this policy seem reasonable lol

A couple weeks after the bombing at the Boston marathon I went to a Loyola graduation in the Superdome and the woman in front of us took a big ass stock pot and spoon out of her bag and started banging on it when her son walked across. I mean, good on your kid, but really? A big ass pot? Who the **** let you through security with that? I felt like I was surrounded by idiots with no thoughts about personal security. Then again, I feel like that a lot. Am I the only one constantly assessing every situation and location for possible threats? Everytime I walk in somewhere I take a mental note of exits, escape routes, who's around me, etc. Am I crazy? Lol

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 03:19 PM
You are not crazy, you are just Jason Bourne.

But I do know what you mean.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 03:20 PM
A couple weeks after the bombing at the Boston marathon I went to a Loyola graduation in the Superdome and the woman in front of us took a big ass stock pot and spoon out of her bag and started banging on it when her son walked across. I mean, good on your kid, but really? A big ass pot? Who the **** let you through security with that? I felt like I was surrounded by idiots with no thoughts about personal security. Then again, I feel like that a lot. Am I the only one constantly assessing every situation and location for possible threats? Everytime I walk in somewhere I take a mental note of exits, escape routes, who's around me, etc. Am I crazy? Lol

I have a mental image of that lady being large and black. Possibly with some kind of weird head dress and perhaps a Haitian heritage

Davii
08-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I have a mental image of that lady being large and black. Possibly with some kind of weird head dress and perhaps a Haitian heritage

That seems a tad racist Dave. stereotyping, etc. I think she was of Hispanic descent iirc

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2015, 06:01 PM
That seems a tad racist Dave. stereotyping, etc. I think she was of Hispanic descent iirc Haitian Hispanic tomato tomahto

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-03-2015, 08:25 AM
This is delicious. :laugh:

Valar Morghulis
08-22-2015, 02:03 AM
As a tourist, can I walk into a shooting range in Denver and start blasting targets?

Thinking about going on the Friday morning/afternoon if I can

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-22-2015, 02:08 AM
As a tourist, can I walk into a shooting range in Denver and start blasting targets?

No, not without proof of citizenship. Of course, if you were in Idaho I would just take you 30 minutes from the city and let you shoot my guns, after a discussion on gun safety.

Valar Morghulis
08-22-2015, 02:11 AM
No, not without proof of citizenship. Of course, if you were in Idaho I would just take you 30 minutes from the city and let you shoot my guns, after a discussion on gun safety.

Probably not a good idea to arm me.... With me being a red coat an all lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-22-2015, 02:13 AM
Probably not a good idea to arm me.... With me being a red coat an all lol

You're Scottish Dave. Giving you a gun would be like reminding a bird it knows how to fly.

Valar Morghulis
08-22-2015, 03:07 AM
http://www.americanfootballinternational.com/write-for-american-football-international/

Just seen this. think I well write a piece about this years tailgate, try to get myself in print!

Valar Morghulis
09-14-2015, 01:00 PM
American Football International got back to me - they are interested in me sending them an article about a foreigners experience of an NFL/NCAA game.

No guarantee it sees the light of day, but at least they got back to me

underrated29
09-14-2015, 08:19 PM
American Football International got back to me - they are interested in me sending them an article about a foreigners experience of an NFL/NCAA game.

That's feeaking awesome man

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-14-2015, 08:59 PM

You're a good communicator Dave. I think you've got a shot if you can avoid the graphic sexual innuendos.

Valar Morghulis
09-15-2015, 12:28 AM
You're a good communicator Dave. I think you've got a shot if you can avoid the graphic sexual innuendos.

I will communicate all over your face

spikerman
09-15-2015, 06:05 AM
I will communicate all over your face

You're a poet.

weazel
09-17-2015, 10:05 AM

Dave, go to Vegas. They will let you shoot ANYTHING.

slim
09-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Boulder sucks

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Boulder sucks

well i will only be there to run round the resovoir - which probably sounds horrendous to lots of folk, but i cant wait!

how long to drive to boulder from downtown denver anyway?

slim
09-17-2015, 10:58 AM
well i will only be there to run round the resovoir - which probably sounds horrendous to lots of folk, but i cant wait!

That does sound horrible.

Its not that far. Maybe 30 min.

BroncoJoe
09-17-2015, 01:04 PM

That does sound horrible.

Its not that far. Maybe 30 min.

There's a lot of construction on Highway 36 going on right now. I'd plan on at least 45 minutes to an hour.

underrated29
09-17-2015, 01:48 PM
I second that. Id say about 45. Depends on the time of day you do the driving. The construction is bad news bears

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 03:11 PM
i will be driving at dawn - so i would imagine it will be quite quiet

Slick
09-17-2015, 05:02 PM
i will be driving at dawn - so i would imagine it will be quite quiet

Are you going to be able to handle sitting in the proper side of the vehicle and driving on right side of the road?

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Are you going to be able to handle sitting in the proper side of the vehicle and driving on right side of the road?

haha - yeah - i basically learned to drive in Germany, and have lived in europe for about 8 years, so i should be cool.

thanks for your concern.......

are you coming or not?

Slick
09-17-2015, 05:37 PM
haha - yeah - i basically learned to drive in Germany, and have lived in europe for about 8 years, so i should be cool.

are you coming or not?

Probably not. I might come later in the year. I've got too many responsibilities right now. My Mom and step Dad help me at the shop and they left a couple days ago. I'm stuck babysitting a chihuahua puppy, 3 condos for friends of mine, I've got a boat inspection to renew a permit and who knows when they'll come, and it's rainy season so I've got to go check the boat every 1 or 2 days to make sure the pumps are working, run the motors to keep the batteries charged.

Basically shit that I don't trust someone else to do. If my folks come back before that weekend, I am going to come last minute. Mom's got several doctor appointments in Denver that could take a while. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2015, 06:22 PM

are you coming or not?

What dates are you coming again Dave?

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 07:12 PM
What dates are you coming again Dave?

arrive on Thu 01 Oct 15 late at night - leave lunchtime Mon 05 Oct 15

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Probably not. I might come later in the year. I've got too many responsibilities right now. My Mom and step Dad help me at the shop and they left a couple days ago. I'm stuck babysitting a chihuahua puppy, 3 condos for friends of mine, I've got a boat inspection to renew a permit and who knows when they'll come, and it's rainy season so I've got to go check the boat every 1 or 2 days to make sure the pumps are working, run the motors to keep the batteries charged.

Basically shit that I don't trust someone else to do. If my folks come back before that weekend, I am going to come last minute. Mom's got several doctor appointments in Denver that could take a while. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

No dramas mate - if i dont see you in Denver, i will see you in mexico in 2 years when my youngest turns 10!

Slick
09-17-2015, 07:24 PM
No dramas mate - if i dont see you in Denver, i will see you in mexico in 2 years when my youngest turns 10!

That or I'll come to London and we can go see Spurs/Gunners.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2015, 07:35 PM
arrive on Thu 01 Oct 15 late at night - leave lunchtime Mon 05 Oct 15

I really wish I could meet you Dave. I wish money wasn't so tight for us this year. But, I guess that's what I get for buying a fixer upper.

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 07:41 PM
I really wish I could meet you Dave. I wish money wasn't so tight for us this year. But, I guess that's what I get for buying a fixer upper.

Thats nice of you to say Al - it would be good to meet you too.

I am sure i will be back!

Slick
09-17-2015, 07:41 PM

MOtorboat
09-17-2015, 08:46 PM
That or I'll come to London and we can go see Spurs/Gunners.

Now that would be fun.

Slick
09-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Now that would be fun.

It certainly would. I already know Denver, London would be nice to visit.

Valar Morghulis
09-17-2015, 09:07 PM
London is a cool place - well worth a visit - i am really hoping Denver play there in 2016.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2015, 01:56 AM
If I ever go to London I hope they don't have a sales tax. Because I'll be damned if I'll pay taxes without representation.

Valar Morghulis
09-21-2015, 12:34 PM
9 days to go.

Anyone out on the Friday night - i will be at Red Rocks until about 2200 hrs but will be out shooting injuns, drinking moonshine, eating hotdogs and hating socialism until the early hours. If anyone local to Denver cares to participate in these acts let me know.

#murica

BroncoJoe
09-21-2015, 12:44 PM
9 days to go.

Anyone out on the Friday night - i will be at Red Rocks until about 2200 hrs but will be out shooting injuns, drinking moonshine, eating hotdogs and hating socialism until the early hours. If anyone local to Denver cares to participate in these acts let me know.

#murica

I'd love to grab a beer with you at some point - not sure about the other activities...

And it's #America. I find what you wrote insulting.

1/2 kidding, but not really... :)

Valar Morghulis
09-21-2015, 12:51 PM
I'd love to grab a beer with you at some point - not sure about the other activities...

And it's #America. I find what you wrote insulting.

1/2 kidding, but not really... :)

Insulting you is the last thing i would ever want to do. Sorry!

See you soon you old *******. 1/2 kidding. :)

underrated29
09-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Fri or sat for the most part works.

spikerman
09-21-2015, 02:06 PM
What is the plan for Saturday night?

Valar Morghulis
09-21-2015, 02:10 PM
No idea - i am awaiting orders!

Pudge
09-21-2015, 03:29 PM
What is the plan for Saturday night?

Hookers and blow at the Ramada on Colfax. Is the Ramada on Colfax still a disgusting dive?

BroncoJoe
09-21-2015, 03:33 PM
No idea - i am awaiting orders!

Where are you staying, Dave?

Valar Morghulis
09-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Where are you staying, Dave?

Some motel, the Travelodge I think. Address is something like i25 and 58th but I know it is north of downtown Denver.

Maybe 5 miles out?

Did that mean anything to you?

Valar Morghulis
09-21-2015, 03:50 PM
https://m.travelodge.com/hotels/colorado/denver/travelodge-denver-i-25-and-58th-ave/hotel-overview?WID=LC:TL:20150901:Rio:Local&iata=00065402

BigDaddyBronco
09-21-2015, 04:56 PM
https://m.travelodge.com/hotels/colorado/denver/travelodge-denver-i-25-and-58th-ave/hotel-overview?WID=LC:TL:20150901:Rio:Local&iata=00065402

Lookin to pick up some crack?

BroncoJoe
09-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Some motel, the Travelodge I think. Address is something like i25 and 58th but I know it is north of downtown Denver.

Maybe 5 miles out?

Did that mean anything to you?

Yes - see BDB's post above.... :)

I was trying to see where you're staying so we can find a place that isn't too far for you, or complicated to get to. I don't know that area of town very well.

Tubby?

Pudge
09-21-2015, 06:42 PM

God damn Dave. Promise me you won't judge Denver based on that ******* dive. I hope you don't get stabbed there with your funny accent

Slick
09-21-2015, 06:51 PM
2 star trip advisor rating? That's not good, Dave. If my business had that kind of rating I'd be out of business.

spikerman
09-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Dave, do you want me to bring your ticket that night or wait until game day?

Pudge
09-21-2015, 09:45 PM

I'd keep it until game day in case he gets mugged at that motel

spikerman
09-21-2015, 09:48 PM
I'd keep it until game day in case he gets mugged at that motel

I'm more concerned about the hookers stealing it.

NightTrainLayne
09-21-2015, 11:05 PM

Oh my word.

weazel
09-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Dave I fear for your life dude. Why would you book that place? cancel that shit hole and set yourself up in a decent place man

MOtorboat
09-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Bunch of hoity toities around here. Place is fine. Besides, I'm sleeping on the floor Sunday night.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Lookin to pick up some crack?

Yes

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:14 AM

Game day is fine.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:41 AM
I am sorry my budget would not stretch to something nicer, lol.

Anyway, as long as it has a lockable door I am fairly sure I have been in worse places.

Google maps says it is only 5 miles away from downtown Denver, so I will just get a taxi wherever we are meeting.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:45 AM
Bunch of hoity toities around here. Place is fine. Besides, I'm sleeping on the floor Sunday night.

Deal

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 01:04 AM
I am sorry my budget would not stretch to something nicer, lol.

Anyway, as long as it has a lockable door I am fairly sure I have been in worse places.

Google maps says it is only 5 miles away from downtown Denver, so I will just get a taxi wherever we are meeting.

You need a cab to get 5 miles, but you easily jog 10 miles on a regular basis.

Pudge
09-22-2015, 01:56 AM
You need a cab to get 5 miles, but you easily jog 10 miles on a regular basis.

Don't convince him to jog, have you seen where he's staying? He needs to run from his motel room to the cab and lock the door, not browse the neighborhood

MOtorboat
09-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Don't convince him to jog, have you seen where he's staying? He needs to run from his motel room to the cab and lock the door, not browse the neighborhood

Is the Denver Mattress Company really that dangerous?

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 02:02 AM

It's a liberal city. I'm sure no one owns a weapon of any kind. Maybe he will be hugged and tolerated to death.

Pudge
09-22-2015, 02:15 AM
Though there have been some upgrades to the room I would never stay here again. It doesn't matter how nice the room is when the guy in the room next to you is beating up a girl at 3am, this was after an hour of more of large groups hanging outside,shouting, fighting and slamming or kicking doors doors. We did alert the front desk which achieved nothing. Not that it matters in the big picture but the wifi also had the maximum number of people logged in at 5:30 in the morning. The MOST concerning thing however was missing fire extinguishers. When I mentioned it to the front desk I was told they have been stolen, 4 of them in total. So I guess if there is a fire you just have to improvise?!? When I mentioned the fights the previous nights I was told that since "the boss" told them to start accepting cash it's been happening "again". This hotel couldn't care less about your safety, comfort or well being. Accident waiting to happen

Yeah, sounds like a sketchy area

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 02:26 AM
Yeah, sounds like a sketchy area

Sounds like my kinda place

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 02:32 AM
Dave didn't survive 3 tours in Nam to be scared to stay in some hippy town.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 03:01 AM
Dave didn't survive 3 tours in Nam to be scared to stay in some hippy town.

Fuking A

Davii
09-22-2015, 08:03 AM
I've stayed in worse places. St. Louis comes to mind. Dave will be good.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2015, 09:54 AM

Haha, I stayed less than 3 miles from there. Personally, I enjoyed the ghetto.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Haha, I stayed less than 3 miles from there. Personally, I enjoyed the ghetto.

Yeah! I how bad can it be.

If it is genuinely dodgy, I will just check out on Friday morning. After I scored some crack obviously.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Yeah! I how bad can it be.

If it is genuinely dodgy, I will just check out on Friday morning. After I scored some crack obviously.

Exactly, looking back I probably should have checked out because my son was with me and he was only 13 at the time. The place I stayed at was much more of a dive than where you're staying. I would feel fine there.

I probably shouldn't feel so comfortable in the ghetto.

Google Valley Hi in Denver Colorado and read the reviews. You'll enjoy it.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Is the Rocky Mountain National Wildlife Refuge worth a visit on the Friday during the day?

MOtorboat
09-22-2015, 12:34 PM
You should go the other way up into the mountains.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 03:18 PM
You should go the other way up into the mountains.

Did that mean that arsenal refuge is garbage or just that outt is better out west?

MOtorboat
09-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Did that mean that arsenal refuge is garbage or just that outt is better out west?

Go west, young man.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Go west, young man.

Roger

BroncoJoe
09-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Dave, head up to Dillon. Only around an hour from Denver and there's beautiful scenery, outlet shops (discount stores of major brand names), breweries, great food and things to do.

http://www.townofdillon.com/

http://www.outletsatsilverthorne.com/

BroncoJoe
09-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Or, you could always head up to Blackhawk.

http://www.cityofblackhawk.org/

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 10:18 PM
If you get lost, just ask someone on the street for Blackhawk.

Davii
09-23-2015, 11:22 AM
If you get lost, just ask someone on the street for Blackhawk.

Dave loves big blackhawk.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Dave loves big blackhawk.

haha - a thousand high fives for this

Buff
09-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Dave, I've completely failed you on the CU tailgate front. The team has been so bad that all of our circles of fans have disbanded in recent years - my cousin who typically hosted the tailgate is spending the fall in Florida, and my other friend has a newborn and is taking a hiatus from hosting this year. I will not be in attendance either, so it looks like our meat up will have to be at the tailgate or other weekend festivities.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Dave, I've completely failed you on the CU tailgate front. The team has been so bad that all of our circles of fans have disbanded in recent years - my cousin who typically hosted the tailgate is spending the fall in Florida, and my other friend has a newborn and is taking a hiatus from hosting this year. I will not be in attendance either, so it looks like our meat up will have to be at the tailgate or other weekend festivities.

no problems dude - thanks for thinking of me.

I am sure by game time on the sat i will be in jail anyways

Buff
09-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Also, Dave, don't listen to these guys telling you to head into the mountains. Sure - the scenery is great and the mountains are great, but there is plenty to do and see right in and around the city without having to drive 60 miles. Blackhawk is cool if you're looking for some degenerate gambling, but you can get that all the time in the UK.

You should definitely go for a run/walk at red rocks. You could also check out Mt Falcon, which has some nice hikes/trails/views and is really easy access from the city.

http://jeffco.us/open-space/parks/mount-falcon-park/

If you're still planning on heading to Boulder, check out Chitaqua while you're up there.

https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/chautauqua-trailhead

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Thu night - arrive and kill a hooker
Fri day - Downtown denver in the morning, having breakfast at a diner and eating a stack of blueberry pancakes
Fri afternoon - possibly mount falcon
Fri night - gig at red rocks
Fri late night - score some crack, maybe kill another hooker and visit a bar

Sat morning - Shopping
Sat afternoon - Buffs game
Sat night - meating some degenerates

Sun early morning - run round boulder rez
Sun morning/afternoon - tailgate and date with spiker
Sun night - witness a shoot out at the motel

Mon - home time

Tue - preparing for extradition back to CO

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-23-2015, 12:39 PM
:laugh:

Davii
09-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Thu night - arrive and kill a hooker
Fri day - Downtown denver in the morning, having breakfast at a diner and eating a stack of blueberry pancakes
Fri afternoon - possibly mount falcon
Fri night - gig at red rocks
Fri late night - score some crack, maybe kill another hooker and visit a bar

Sat morning - Shopping
Sat afternoon - Buffs game
Sat night - meating some degenerates

Sun early morning - run round boulder rez
Sun morning/afternoon - tailgate and date with spiker
Sun night - witness a shoot out at the motel

Mon - home time

Tue - preparing for extradition back to CO

Where are you planning on cramming in the blackhawk?

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Where are you planning on cramming in the blackhawk?

I am hoping it gets crammed into me at various times during my stay

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 02:23 PM
There is a taco johns and a Wendy's next to my palace, I will be sampling them both

Living the dream.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-23-2015, 02:26 PM
There is a taco johns and a Wendy's next to my palace, I will be sampling them both

Living the dream.

Don't waste your time eating that crap. There's a great diner 2.5 miles from you.....Awesome shakes and burgers.

Slick
09-23-2015, 02:27 PM

Living the dream.

Scrap Taco Johns for Chubby's and scrap Wendy's for a burger at Cherry Cricket.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Fuk it - I will eat at all these places!

Davii
09-23-2015, 02:40 PM
So, Dave.... Your Friday afternoon "event"... Is Falcon aware?

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 02:41 PM
So, Dave.... Your Friday afternoon "event"... Is Falcon aware?

Lol, you are on fire today.

And no, I plan on surprising falcon

Davii
09-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Lol, you are on fire today.

And no, I plan on surprising falcon

Would you say I'm really "bringing the wood" today Dave?

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 02:43 PM
Would you say I'm really "bringing the wood" today Dave?

Have no doubt that you give me wood.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-23-2015, 03:01 PM
http://www.greatscottseatery.com/

This place is only 2.5 miles from where you're staying Dave. It's a 24 hour classic American diner. Locations and menu are on the website.

The burgers and shakes are really good.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 03:16 PM
http://www.greatscottseatery.com/

This place is only 2.5 miles from where you're staying Dave. It's a 24 hour classic American diner. Locations and menu are on the website.

The burgers and shakes are really good.

Love it Al. I definitely need some of that in my life.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Love it Al. I definitely need some of that in my life.

I took my son there twice. ..good memories.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Dave is going to go back home a meat eating, hooker killing, meth injecting man.

Valar Morghulis
09-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Dave is going to go back home a meat eating, hooker killing, meth injecting man.

Sounds like an awesome winning machine to me

BroncoJoe
09-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Sounds like an awesome winning machine to me

I just hope you treat your wife to some meat when you get back to the UK. Heck - maybe you'll enjoy some yourself too!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Are you a vegetarian Dave? I apologize if you are. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Are you a vegetarian Dave? I apologize if you are. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

He is, but not really. He actually loves meat with mayonnaise or ranch dressing.

spikerman
09-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Being a vegetarian just adds to Dave's "awesometicity."

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2015, 12:28 AM
I am vegan but for this trip I am going to relax it a little so that I can try pancakes and milkshakes and eat something from los of clinched places that are not available in the UK.

I am going to do this because my morals come second to my enjoyment!

MOtorboat
09-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Can we start with a list of thing you will eat?

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2015, 12:32 AM
Can we start with a list of thing you will eat?

Whilst in America, I will eat anything but no animal flesh.

MOtorboat
09-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Whilst in America, I will eat anything but no animal flesh.

That still limits most anything good.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2015, 12:40 AM
That still limits most anything good.

Well maybe I will just go wild one meal and have a burger with a shake in that dinner Al mentioned

BroncoJoe
09-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Well maybe I will just go wild one meal and have a burger with a shake in that dinner Al mentioned

How long as it been since you've had meat? Better be prepared to hit the toilet shortly after you indulge.

underrated29
09-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Ashamed none of you have cracked the he eats dicks jokes yet.

If you do eat animal a solid buffalo burger might be recommended. It's amazin! A little BBQ sauce, pepper jack jalapeņo cheese and green chilis w sweet potato fries on the side.....or even better is garlic Parmesan sweet potato fries.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2015, 09:40 AM

If you do eat animal a solid buffalo burger might be recommended. It's amazin! A little BBQ sauce, pepper jack jalapeņo cheese and green chilis w sweet potato fries on the side.....or even better is garlic Parmesan sweet potato fries.

Don't be gay.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2015, 11:08 AM

Everyone knows how much time you spend thinking about dicks, they were probably just waiting for you.

BroncoJoe
09-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Everyone knows how much time you spend thinking about dicks, they were probably just waiting for you.

In honor of King:

#styledon

underrated29
09-25-2015, 01:37 AM

I can't help it. I'm surrounded by them here.

I'm only gay with you dapper dano

Dapper Dan
09-25-2015, 01:40 AM
I can't help it. I'm surrounded by them here.

I'm only gay with you dapper dano

Keep that on the down low. I've got a tough guy rep to keep up around here.

underrated29
09-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Keep that on the down low. I've got a tough guy rep to keep up around here.

Its ok. This is Daves thread. You are in the circle of trust.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Its ok. This is Daves thread. You are in the circle of trust.

More like the circle jerk!

:drum:

Valar Morghulis
09-25-2015, 12:00 PM
More like the circle jerk!

:drum:

lol - and you are the centre piece of the bukkaki

Dapper Dan
09-27-2015, 12:16 AM
Do we have an official tailgate thread or do we talk about everything in here?

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 02:41 PM
American etiquette

Grown man wearing track suit?

Trainers with jeans for a bar?

TIA

BroncoJoe
09-29-2015, 02:46 PM
American etiquette

TIA

None of us know WTF either of those are.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2015, 02:47 PM
American etiquette

TIA

If you want the appearance of an English gangster then go with the track suit.

I don't understand the 2nd question.

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Lol Trainers = sports shoes, like nike air

BroncoJoe
09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Lol

Trainers = sports shows, like nike air

You can wear a sports show?

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 02:52 PM
You can wear a sports show?

Edited

Gfy!

underrated29
09-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Wear clothes.

We are not russians so no addidas. People do not wear addidas here.

You will fit in with shorts and a shirt. Pants and a shirt. Jeans are the norm. I prefer shoes many wear sandals. The weather is hot and it must know you are coming because rain is in the forecast (and that never happens)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2015, 02:55 PM
[QUO2TE=Valar Morghulis;2388657]Lol Trainers = sports shoes, like nike air[/QUOTE]

Then yes, you'd blend in just fine with running shoes and jeans. How much are doc martens over there?

Buff
09-29-2015, 03:00 PM
[QUO2TE=Valar Morghulis;2388657]How much are doc martens over there?

Related question - is it the mid 90s in the UK still?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Related question - is it the mid 90s in the UK still?

I still wear doc's as work shoes, hoser.

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
I have Adidas trainers, a track suit, some Broncos jerseys and a pair of cargo pants.

#tourist

underrated29
09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
I have Adidas trainers, a track suit, some Broncos jerseys and a pair of cargo pants.

#tourist

ON second thought you should just walk around in your underwear. You dont people getting the wrong idea.

Buff
09-29-2015, 03:21 PM
No black socks with shorts, Dave. You Euros love your black socks with shorts.

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 03:25 PM
No black socks with shorts, Dave. You Euros love your black socks with shorts.

Racist

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Dave, how much are Doc Martens over there?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Silk jogging shorts are making a comeback somewhere in the world Dave.

underrated29
09-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Dave we can get you on a commercial. Did you see my post? This is all you buddy.

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Dave, how much are Doc Martens over there?

Not sure over here they are only worn by Goths and Nazis

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Dave we can get you on a commercial. Did you see my post? This is all you buddy.

Yeah, in did mate, but I don't arrive until Thursday night

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Not sure over here they are only worn by Goths and Nazis

Well ya. ..jk.

BroncoJoe
09-29-2015, 05:58 PM
Dave,

I can't believe you're coming into town, and are unavailable until Sunday. That's total and complete bullshit.

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Dave, I can't believe you're coming into town, and are unavailable until Sunday. That's total and complete bullshit.

Lol, that sounds like you care.

I am available Friday afternoon and late evening.

And also Sat afternoon. I do have plans, but happy to change them if needed.

I have made my own plans to avoid putting anyone out or ending up sat in my crack den of a hotel room for a few days.

Also, when I bought my buffs ticket, I expected it to be an afternoon game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm still bummed I can't go. Take a lot of pictures ok Dave?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm still bummed I can't go. Take a lot of pictures ok Dave?

That way I can live vicariously through an English socialist vacationing in Denver....sounds like a great indie film.

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2015, 12:58 AM
That way I can live vicariously through an English socialist vacationing in Denver....sounds like a great indie film.

Haha yeah, but for the next few days I will be a Stetson wearing hotdog eating American flag waving capitalist war monger.

That sounds like every movie ever made

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Haha yeah, but for the next few days I will be a Stetson wearing hotdog eating American flag waving capitalist war monger.

That sounds like every movie ever made

Not with the British accent brother.

Davii
09-30-2015, 09:35 AM
I've tried to make the tailgate, or at least a game, each year. I'm aggravated I can't make this game, or probably any game, this year.

Dapper Dan
09-30-2015, 10:13 AM
So who IS gonna be there?

underrated29
09-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Yours truly

Dapper Dan
09-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Dave
UR
DannyB
Pudge

Pudge
09-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Dave
UR
DannyB
Pudge

Pola
Shake
Turf
Tubby
Joe

BroncoJoe
09-30-2015, 01:25 PM
I will definitely be at the tailgate, but will head home for the game. Can't find a descent ticket, and don't want to sit by myself.

Not sure about Saturday - Dave will be a the Buffs game, then has a race or something Sunday AM, so he probably won't want to be out too late (lame). Looks like Friday is a possibility.

We had a good time at the Platte River Bar and Grill last year, but it's not really near light rail and pretty far south from where Dave is staying - if he decides to come out Sat PM.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2015, 01:28 PM
Has anyone told Dave which side of the road to drive on?