PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler makes most of Manning's day off.

Northman
06-02-2015, 01:11 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/06/01/brock-osweiler-makes-most-of-peyton-mannings-day-off/28325141/

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — These are the daysBrock Osweiler lives for.When you're a fourth-year quarterback who has yet to start an NFL game; when you're entering the final year of your rookie contract still waiting for your shot; and when you're Peyton Manning's understudy, you embrace chances like No. 17 did at practice Monday.

With Manning among the several starters getting a breather, Osweiler made the most of his opportunity, getting the bulk of the snaps at practice as he continued to digest coach Gary Kubiak's run-oriented offense that is both newfangled and old-fashioned.

"It's huge," Osweiler said. "First of all, I absolutely love it. I'm getting more reps than I've ever gotten as a Bronco. Peyton's out and I split time with Zac (Dysert). So, I'm getting twice what I usually get. So, it's very valuable to a young player and especially in a new offense."

Kubiak is managing Manning's minutes, not only because of his age — 39 — but to get a good look at the five-time MVP's heir apparent who's thrown just one TD pass in his three seasons in the NFL.