PDA

View Full Version : Del Rio: Khalil Mack more physical than Von Miller

DenBronx
06-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Uh oh.... you know what's funny Del Rio? Us fans feel Wade is more physical than you too!!

Del Rio: Khalil Mack more physical than Von Miller

Khalil Mack*turned heads as a rookie, but theOakland Raiders*linebacker has carved out a clear-cut goal for 2015: More sacks.

"I definitely*want to get after the quarterback more*this year," said Mack, per ESPN.com. "I got some hits (in 2014), but people didn't really see what I can do. Those sack numbers I had (four total) really weren't me. At the end of the day, you want people to see you at your best."

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495171/article/del-rio-khalil-mack-more-physical-than-von-miller

silkamilkamonico
06-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Wade > Del Rio. Del Rio is a joke.

Von Miller? Meh..... Let's see what SHane Ray can do in the big games.

VonDoom
06-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I want to get angry at this but really, Mack probably *is* more physical than Miller, given that he outweighs him by 20 pounds or so. In any case, I look forward to JDR using his physical pass rusher to cover TE's in goal line situations this year.

tomjonesrocks
06-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Enjoy your 6 win seasons JDR...

TXBRONC
06-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Wade > Del Rio. Del Rio is a joke.

Von Miller? Meh..... Let's see what SHane Ray can do in the big games.

Miller is meh to you?

BroncoWave
06-02-2015, 05:36 PM

6 wins would be like winning a Super Bowl by Oakland's standards.

DenBronx
06-02-2015, 09:15 PM

If they're lucky. Bottom of the pile again for them. They got better but havent closed the gap even with SD or KC.

silkamilkamonico
06-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Miller is meh to you?

Really explosive player that has done absolutely nothing in the playoff games. That can change and hope it does, but until then, we need ya when it counts bub.

MOtorboat
06-02-2015, 09:39 PM
I shouldn't be, but I'm always baffled by people that just want to dismiss the best player on the team.

BroncoWave
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Really explosive player that has done absolutely nothing in the playoff games. That can change and hope it does, but until then, we need ya when it counts bub.

#HotTakes

Shazam!
06-02-2015, 11:56 PM
I shouldn't be, but I'm always baffled by people that just want to dismiss the best player on the team.

Von is not the best player in the Broncos.

MOtorboat
06-03-2015, 12:04 AM

Ok.

GEM
06-03-2015, 12:15 AM
Well good for Mack on his own merit...too bad he's on the Raiders. They'll suck the life and talent out of him just like McFadden. Only so much one guy can do and in a franchise so entrenched in sucking, its a tough atmosphere to overcome.

TXBRONC
06-03-2015, 08:09 AM

I think this silly but ok.

DenBronx
06-03-2015, 08:15 AM

On defense that's debatable.

DenBronx
06-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Miller is meh to you?

He has been a dud in the playoffs. But so has alot of other Broncos and coaches, including Manning.

silkamilkamonico
06-03-2015, 08:50 AM
He has been a dud in the playoffs. But so has alot of other Broncos and coaches, including Manning.

He's the best player on the team - it might be ok if he's a dud in the playoffs.

On the flip side, as long as we're winning AFC West titles, the playoffs don't really matter so much.

:rolleyes:

VonDoom
06-03-2015, 09:34 AM

The only debate would be if a 39 year old Manning is still considered "the best" at this point in his career. I can't think of a player on the defensive side of our team that I would consider to be the best player besides Miller. Harris? That's the only one in the ballpark.

Northman
06-03-2015, 09:55 AM
The only debate would be if a 39 year old Manning is still considered "the best" at this point in his career. I can't think of a player on the defensive side of our team that I would consider to be the best player besides Miller. Harris? That's the only one in the ballpark.

Ware would be in the discussion.

VonDoom
06-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Ware would be in the discussion.

Not at his age. He wore down by the end of the year and at this point in his career, he can't touch Von.

Northman
06-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Not at his age. He wore down by the end of the year and at this point in his career, he can't touch Von.

He only had 4 less sacks than Von did last year and while age is definitely catching up to him Von has not been the impact player he was drafted to be in crunch time so it evens out in terms of who the best on defense is. If anything, Harris has been the most consistent defender we have.

TXBRONC
06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
He's the best player on the team - it might be ok if he's a dud in the playoffs.

On the flip side, as long as we're winning AFC West titles, the playoffs don't really matter so much.

:rolleyes:

No one has said that.

NightTerror218
06-03-2015, 12:06 PM
More physical yes, but Von is more physically gifted and a better player. 20 lbs heavier does not mean better. Von has ability to take over a game and make game changing plays. DROY and runner up to DPOY to Watts insane season. Miller has one if the quickest burst /first step off the line in the league. He is also amazing against run and insane pass rusher.

Mack is good but I would not put him in the top 10 defenders in the league like Miller.

NightTerror218
06-03-2015, 12:07 PM
He only had 4 less sacks than Von did last year and while age is definitely catching up to him Von has not been the impact player he was drafted to be in crunch time so it evens out in terms of who the best on defense is. If anything, Harris has been the most consistent defender we have.

Miller is a beast against run and puts on consistent pressure. Besides his bad year with the suspension he has been pretty damn consistent.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Age?

Miller is 26 years old and came off an ACL tear last year. I think he ran out of gas in the last 4 games of the year. It could be the rehab caught up to him or Del Rio didn't give him enough rest.

I fully expect him to look like himself again now that's further removed from the injury.

Northman
06-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Miller is a beast against run and puts on consistent pressure. Besides his bad year with the suspension he has been pretty damn consistent.

Except the playoffs.

SM19
06-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Mack might be more physical. That's fine. He's not nearly as good.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Mack might be more physical. That's fine. He's not nearly as good.

That sums it up nicely.

Shazam!
06-03-2015, 05:35 PM
I was quoting someone who said best on the team, not defense.

Manning and DT is up for discussion as the best on the team. If Peyton Manning goes down, they're finished.

Dapper Dan
06-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Someday I'd like to see a coach or player refuse to talk about his former team.

DenBronx
06-04-2015, 01:40 AM

Yeah Chris Harris would have to be included in that debate. Saw many articles ranking him as one of the better CBs in the game right now. We got a steal on his contract by signing him early. Good move Mr. Elway...

Just want these guys to show up when it counts. If we're going to lose then go out kicking and screaming. Don't show up at night clubs with Seahawk players after a SB blowout Miller.

TXBRONC
06-04-2015, 10:33 AM

Manning and DT is up for discussion as the best on the team. If Peyton Manning goes down, they're finished.

I disagree if you're saying that this team has no talent out side two or three players and held together by Manning the way the team was held together with Elway in the '80s.

Ravage!!!
06-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Chris Harris? He's not in the discussion as being the best player on the team.

Manning, DT, and Miller are the only ones in that discussion.

Dzone
06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Von Miller >Mack. Von will be pushing JJ Watt numbers this season. He just has to stay off the Texas Tea.

Northman
06-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Von will be pushing JJ Watt numbers this season.

With comments like this i dont think Von is the only one puffing. Lets not get crazy here Zoney.

Dzone
06-04-2015, 11:23 AM
With comments like this i dont think Von is the only one puffing. Lets not get crazy here Zoney.
Super Bowl!

Shazam!
06-04-2015, 12:13 PM

I disagree if you're saying that this team has no talent out side two or three players and held together by Manning the way the team was held together with Elway in the '80s.

I said nothing of the sort. Just disagree that Von is the best player.

NightTerror218
06-04-2015, 01:36 PM

Miller is very capable of it

Northman
06-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Miller is very capable of it

He has the talent but until it happens he aint there yet.

DenBronx
06-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Chris Harris? He's not in the discussion as being the best player on the team.

Manning, DT, and Miller are the only ones in that discussion.

I disagree, on defense he is.

NightTerror218
06-04-2015, 02:57 PM
He has the talent but until it happens he aint there yet.

I don't her how you do not see it? So he is not getting sack numbers in playoff games, he is still providing pressure constantly when Del Rio was actually using him to rush. In playoff games he is one of the leading tacklers every game.

Northman
06-04-2015, 03:14 PM
I don't her how you do not see it? So he is not getting sack numbers in playoff games, he is still providing pressure constantly when Del Rio was actually using him to rush. In playoff games he is one of the leading tacklers every game.

If you are asking why i dont see him doing the kinds of things that Watt does i dont know how else to explain it to you. Watt is a bonafide game changer, Miller isnt there yet.

NightTerror218
06-05-2015, 11:43 AM
If you are asking why i dont see him doing the kinds of things that Watt does i dont know how else to explain it to you. Watt is a bonafide game changer, Miller isnt there yet.

They both are, what has Watt done in playoffs if you want to go that route?

During Watt's DPOY they were neck and neck both dominating and wrecking havok. Last season he came back from an ACL to have a 14 sack season, pretty good in my opinion. Do not get me wrong Watt is the best defensive player in NFL but Miller is right behind him. Watt does not have Ware opposite him to compete getting to QB with. Watt also does not drop into coverage. This year I can't wait to see what Miller can do in new system. IMO Miller was a game changer in 2012 (year we lost to Baltimore in ayoffs)

Northman
06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
They both are, what has Watt done in playoffs if you want to go that route?

During Watt's DPOY they were neck and neck both dominating and wrecking havok. Last season he came back from an ACL to have a 14 sack season, pretty good in my opinion. Do not get me wrong Watt is the best defensive player in NFL but Miller is right behind him. Watt does not have Ware opposite him to compete getting to QB with. Watt also does not drop into coverage. This year I can't wait to see what Miller can do in new system. IMO Miller was a game changer in 2012 (year we lost to Baltimore in ayoffs)

We will just have to agree to disagree. I would take Watt in a heartbeat over Von at this point.

SM19
06-05-2015, 11:59 AM
I love Miller, but I don't think there's anyone "right behind" J.J. Watt. At this point, I'm pretty sure no one else has a shot at winning defensive player of the year as long as Watt stays healthy.

WARHORSE
06-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Jacks mother is more physical than Jack. In fact, Jack is named after his mother. She is more affectionately known as BIG Jack.