PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade with dallas for an olineman?

WARHORSE
06-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Maybe Im in the minority but Im thinking we should be going into the season with just a little more assurance when it comes to the Oline. Both the Eagles and the Cowboys have really good offensive lines that are stacked. With Dallas dominating the line of scrimmage last year with their Oline, and then drafting RT in round three, another OT in round 7, then getting Lael Collins to sign with them, surely there could be a deal made for a nice player. After all, one more injury and then what?

Im sure Denver knows what it has and will be able to use lesser linemen to greater advantage with the ZBS, but I just cant see playing with Peytons health like that.

We are going to have two compensatory fourth round selections next year and a 6th and 7th. That puts us at 10 nice picks.

Of all the players on the Cowboys squad, it would have to be Chaz Green or Doug Free imo that they may be willing to step away from. \

If we gave them their third back for Green, or possibly for Free although hes 31, Id say its worth it. Free is good player that would be even better in the ZBS. Hes agile and tenacious, can pick up zone blitzes well.

I hope we can coax Dallas off one of these guys.

Valar Morghulis
06-02-2015, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I agree.

All our efforts should now be directed at improving our o-line.

I would have talib and montee on the block and try to attract a decent one, not a stop gap

DenBronx
06-02-2015, 04:49 AM
I mean this could have easily been addressed in the draft and early offseason.

Wtf happened to the idea of getting Chris Myers? He was the one zbs guy that made sense for us pre Clady injury. Could have kept Franklin too.

VonDoom
06-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I agree.

All our efforts should now be directed at improving our o-line.

I would have talib and montee on the block and try to attract a decent one, not a stop gap

I wouldn't be so quick to want to ditch Talib. I think we need O-line help, so the original post is valid. But why weaken another area right now? Maybe Ball will be hyped up in OTA's and someone will want him, but I wouldn't count on it.

Wtf happened to the idea of getting Chris Myers? He was the one zbs guy that made sense for us pre Clady injury. Could have kept Franklin too.

Myers is still a FA, meaning no one wants him at the moment. He seemed to make sense but considering Kubiak is bringing in a LOT of former players, him not wanting Myers is probably telling.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Who on their line would they give up, and at what cost?

underrated29
06-02-2015, 09:23 AM

We really like paradis and want him to succeed and take over as our c for the long run. Gino is here in case he can't do that, and to help teach him if he can.... We are all set at C. It's LG and LT that are the big concerns now....

Ty,Shelly,paradis,Louis,Harris.....is my guess...with schofiekd taking over RT by week 8 when Harris gets hurt.

Traveler
06-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Heaven forbid Denver does make a trade for another offensive lineman. If they do, he'd better be someone younger who can come in and be a fixture for years to come. Who that player would be and at what position ( C, LG), I have no earthly idea. Max Garcia is the player I hope will cement a spot at C or LG.

Rick
06-02-2015, 10:03 AM
What makes you sure Dallas WANTS to trade a lineman...

If I was Dallas, with how lineman drop like flies, it would take a blow me away offer to move any off the line.

SR
06-02-2015, 10:29 AM
What makes you sure Dallas WANTS to trade a lineman... If I was Dallas, with how lineman drop like flies, it would take a blow me away offer to move any off the line.

The Madden games are responsible for that kind of thought process

Valar Morghulis
06-02-2015, 10:34 AM
The salary cap means no team can be strong on all areas.

Therefore I don't think it is unreasonable to presume a team that is loaded at one position may be prepared to trade to improve in another.

As for talib, I think he is over paid, over rated and too injury prone to risk keeping given out glaring needs elsewhere and if the trade was an option, I would have no issues with him leaving

DenBronx
06-02-2015, 11:02 AM

Therefore I don't think it is unreasonable to presume a team that is loaded at one position may be prepared to trade to improve in another.

As for talib, I think he is over paid, over rated and too injury prone to risk keeping given out glaring needs elsewhere and if the trade was an option, I would have no issues with him leaving

While trading away Talib wouldn't exactly be the biggest blow on the team it wouldn't be the smartest on. If Chris Harris or Roby goes down during the season then we would be hosed. We need all the DBs more than we can imagine.

Id actually put a priority on secondary in a pass happy league over a stop gap OL guy playing with Manning. Manning has one of the quickest releases in football. That's why guys like Clark can fill in at LT during one of the leagues best offensive record setting years and play just fine.

We don't need a star G or T but we could use more depth and competition. I'm ok with a trade but think late round draft pick or someone buried on our depth chart.

Northman
06-02-2015, 11:08 AM

Except depth is important to every team so unless those players are creating a salary issue i dont see Dallas be willing to part ways with a player unless a team is willing to give up the farm to do it and i really dont see Denver being that kind of suitor.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2015, 11:13 AM

I love Talib, but wish he wasn't prone to getting beat deep. That's the negative with a good press corner who lacks speed.

TXBRONC
06-02-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't know if either one of those guys would fit in a zone blocking scheme. More than anything as other have this seems more Maddenesque than realistic.

nevcraw
06-02-2015, 11:17 AM
One OL guy is not going to save the team but a killer Defense will. so removing Talib would be foolish and step back. in order for the defense to succeed they have to hold up on the corners so Miller /Ware can go to work. Talib being removed takes that away from a certainty. But like the the thinking..

OrangeHoof
06-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Everyone will have to start cutting linemen in August and September. Be patient.

Simple Jaded
06-02-2015, 10:26 PM
I don't know if either one of those guys would fit in a zone blocking scheme. More than anything as other have this seems more Maddenesque than realistic.

Contrary to popular opinion you don't need the worst players in the league to run this system, it doesn't take anything special to fit the ZBS.

Aside from RG the rest of their OL could walk through the door and start from Day 1.

WARHORSE
06-03-2015, 12:48 AM
What makes you sure Dallas WANTS to trade a lineman...

If I was Dallas, with how lineman drop like flies, it would take a blow me away offer to move any off the line.

As if Dallas didnt have some holes to fill. They just got lucky Collins picked them. They dont benefit from starters sitting the bench when they have holes to fill. They still have enough depth.

They need LBers.

Trevathan might be someone who interests them and would be easily traded.

Hes a stud but he has ??? marks with the injuries. We got decent depth there.

Rick
06-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Dallas really started to look tough last year, and the running game(OLine) was the reason behind that. Every team has holes but that teams identity starts and ends with strong work from the OLine.

TXBRONC
06-03-2015, 07:11 AM
As if Dallas didnt have some holes to fill. They just got lucky Collins picked them. They dont benefit from starters sitting the bench when they have holes to fill. They still have enough depth.

They need LBers.

Trevathan might be someone who interests them and would be easily traded.

Hes a stud but he has ??? marks with the injuries. We got decent depth there.

If I was Jones I wouldn't trade for Trevathan.

TXBRONC
06-03-2015, 07:21 AM
Contrary to popular opinion you don't need the worst players in the league to run this system, it doesn't take anything special to fit the ZBS.

Aside from RG the rest of their OL could walk through the door and start from Day 1.

I don't know if anyone is saying that. Certainly having best talent possible at every position is best. That said giving up a 3rd round pick for a 31 year old guard doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.

WARHORSE
06-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Dallas really started to look tough last year, and the running game(OLine) was the reason behind that. Every team has holes but that teams identity starts and ends with strong work from the OLine.

I totally agree. But they have the same line they had last year. Same dominant line.

Their depth is surely greater if they keep everyone, but when it comes to onfield production, guys sitting on the bench dont contribute. So lets not think Dallas doesnt understand the chips they hold and the value of helping them field a better team THIS year by possibly trading one of their assets. We are dealing with Jerry Jones after all. Hes not getting younger and I dont see him trying to wait for this team to develop while he wastes away.

I see them as a potential trade partner......which they are.

Doesnt mean they will want someone we want though, but if we DO have something they think might help them, it may just be a green light to us adding a good Olineman.

WARHORSE
06-04-2015, 03:14 AM
If I was Jones I wouldn't trade for Trevathan.

Me neither. But I also wouldnt have traded for Roy Williams.

Z !! < thats the mark of zorro. ;)

WARHORSE
06-04-2015, 03:36 AM
Hello. Montee Ball.....?

http://thelandryhat.com/2015/05/15/rumor-dallas-cowboys-could-trade-ronald-leary-for-a-running-back/

tomjonesrocks
06-04-2015, 03:57 AM
Hello. Montee Ball.....? http://thelandryhat.com/2015/05/15/rumor-dallas-cowboys-could-trade-ronald-leary-for-a-running-back/

I don't see them interested in our wasted draft picks.

TXBRONC
06-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Me neither. But I also wouldnt have traded for Roy Williams.

Z !! < thats the mark of zorro. ;)

And that was how long ago?

TXBRONC
06-04-2015, 08:31 AM
I don't see them interested in our wasted draft picks.

He wasn't a wasted pick.

nevcraw
06-04-2015, 03:52 PM
He wasn't a wasted pick.

maybe not but with eddie Lacy - we would have one a SB.

TXBRONC
06-04-2015, 04:35 PM

Maybe Nev but I'm not sure.

WARHORSE
06-04-2015, 04:42 PM
And that was how long ago?

You mean you think hes a changed man?

lol

Its all good. I think we have opportunity. Who knows. Its the offseason.

DenBronx
06-04-2015, 05:08 PM
He wasn't a wasted pick.

Yeah that was a bad move passing up Lacy. He's a workhorse.

Valar Morghulis
06-04-2015, 05:19 PM
At the time, the questions surrounding his toe seemed legit.

Ball will come good. He showed enough down the stretch of his first season to give me hope.

Last year he got injured then murdered behind the los every time he had a carry

Break out year. I week pick him up in all my fantasy teams this year.

VonDoom
06-04-2015, 05:38 PM

Lacy would not have changed 43-8

TXBRONC
06-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Lacy would not have changed 43-8

Agreed.

tomjonesrocks
06-04-2015, 07:06 PM
At the time, the questions surrounding his toe seemed legit. Ball will come good. He showed enough down the stretch of his first season to give me hope. Last year he got injured then murdered behind the los every time he had a carry Break out year. I week pick him up in all my fantasy teams this year.

I'm going nowhere near that POS in fantasy. I drafted him early 2nd round last season.

One of my worst picks ever. Top 5 league-wide disappointments. Shockingly I won my first title in 6 years anyway - despite him.

I thought he'd run in 10 scores last season even though Ball has never looked good IMO.

Luckily CJ looks like a complete stud.