PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Anderson leans out in attempt to keep bigger Broncos role

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
C.J. Anderson never sounds different.

Pull up a seat next to him and he's your friend at a diner or your buddy at the barbershop.

C.J. Anderson looks different.

His jersey fits looser, a symbol of how seriously he has taken his metamorphosis from an undrafted free agent to Pro Bowler. In the weeks leading to the Denver Broncos' organized training activity, Anderson modified his diet, ran hills and tracks in Colorado and California.

Former Broncos' offensive coordinator Adam Gase can save the "chubby" remarks. They don't apply anymore. At this time a year ago, Anderson weighed 243 pounds. He checked in at 221 on Monday, two pounds less than he carried in the final few weeks of his breakout 2014 season.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28230707/broncos-c-j-anderson-leans-out-attempt-keep

SR
06-01-2015, 08:57 PM
I guess Gase's chubby comments got to him

DenBronx
06-02-2015, 12:24 PM
This is one Bronco that I fully expect to have a break out year. Hope the pressure doesn't get to him and that he can stay healthy. Seems to be a great fit for the ZBS, he is a downhill, one cut type of runner so expect big yards.

Montee Ball might also have success. Would like to see him come out hungry.

Maybe just maybe this will relieve some of the pressure on Manning. Going to be an interesting year.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2015, 12:42 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – After sitting out the majority of 2014, running back Montee Ball returns to the field with a new-found fire and excitement for what’s to come for the Broncos offense.

With the addition of a new balanced offense under the helm of Head Coach Gary Kubiak and Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison, the Broncos running back corps will look to see more snaps in 2015. Ball is expected to share time with running back C.J. Anderson who stepped up after Ball suffered a groin injury and tallied 849 rushing yards and eight touchdowns.

“I’m really looking forward to splitting carries with him,” said Ball. “I think we’re two really good backs in a system that we love to keep the ball on the ground. So we love this system. As a running back you have to thrive in this system because its what we love. It’s smash-mouth football.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Ball-looking-forward-to-return-of-smash-mouth-football/88e0921e-af18-476f-abf2-0c3da4a2e34a