PDA

View Full Version : Coordinator presser, 5/29/15

VonDoom
05-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Wade Phillips:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Wade Phillips, on scheming for talent: "I can think of a lot of defenses. But it's (about) what our players do best."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Wade Phillips on @Millerlite40: "We're gonna let him rush."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Wade Phillips on Von "We are going to let him rush... You'd think he'd be WIL backer.. But we can use him as SAM.. He can rush from there."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Wade Phillips says that Shane Ray is getting "real good" at the classroom part of it as he recovers.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Wade Phillips says the ILBs "are coming along well." Lots of competition behind Marshall/Trevathan.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 50s50 seconds ago

Wade Phillips said he's used 3 edge-rushing OLBs on third downs before (in San Diego), could do the same here w/ Ware, Miller and Ray.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17s17 seconds ago

Wade Phillips says that Sylvester Williams has lined up at nose tackle, but he's alternated others there, incl. Malik Jackson & Vance Walker

Darian Stewart has been working as the first-team free safety during OTAs, Wade Phillips says.

Wade Phillips says there will be a package for Bradley Roby at safety that they work in during the next 2 weeks.

However, Roby had a good day at CB today, Phillips said. Talib got a breather, Roby was with the 1s, and got an INT, Phillips said.

Phillips said that they have package for Roby to play safety.. Said FS job is Darian Stewart's is to lose. #Broncos

VonDoom
05-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Joe DeCamillis:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos ST coach Joe DeCamillis said the biggest change with the PAT rules is the ability to return a block.

DeCamillis says teams will be more aggressive going for blocks on PATs, in part because "the chance of going for fakes is not great."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 33s33 seconds ago

DeCamillis echoing what Phillips said: They're going to do whatever their players do best.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

DeCamillis said Emmanuel Sanders was practicing punt returning today.

Burse, Norwood, Kyle Williams, Solomon Patton, Bolden, E. Sanders among those returning punts.

DeCamillis said Karl Schmitz's preseason reps are going to be invaluable since he lacks game experience.

DeCamillis said punt return key bc teams outkick coverage at altitude. Most kicks are touchbacks. So punt returns bc key. #Broncos

VonDoom
05-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Omar Bolden:

Bolden: 'I just do whatever coaches ask me, and try my best to do it at a high level."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 18s18 seconds ago

Bolden: "I want to lead the league in kickoff-return yards."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22s22 seconds ago

Omar Bolden: "Kick return is my job to lose. I want it badly. I want to lead the league. I want TDs." #Broncos

Steven Johnson:

Steven Johnson: "I played 3-4 in college, 3-4 in high school. Now I feel like I'm back in high school again."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5s6 seconds ago

Steven Johnson said "This coaching staff doing a great job of pushing us.. Certainlty different than it was last year." #Broncos

DenBronx
05-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Wade Phillips is maybe the one thing I'm happy about. He will get the best out of the players on defense. Roby won't win the #1 or #2 job at CB but can fill in for at nickle/slot, safety packages or when guys need a breather. Roby and Shane Ray will see the field alot.

VonDoom
05-29-2015, 02:02 PM
tl;dr version - Von is going to Von, Roby is likely staying at CB, players respect the new coaching staff more than they respected Fox and co.