PDA

View Full Version : If Orton has a good game (Win or lose) I will come in here and post a "I love Orton" Thread.

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I think people have gotten the wrong impression about me. I am not on Orton's case because I love Cutler or because I just simply hate Orton. I am on Orton's case for his currently level of play which I see as sub-par.

That is why I am making a promise. If Orton has a great day then I will be in here to make an Orton love fest thread which will be good for a week. I promise not to say anything negative about Orton.

That is all.

Lonestar
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I think people have gotten the wrong impression about me. I am not on Orton's case because I love Cutler or because I just simply hate Orton. I am on Orton's case for his currently level of play which I see as sub-par.

That is why I am making a promise. If Orton has a great day then I will be in here to make an Orton love fest thread which will be good for a week. I promise not to say anything negative about Orton.

That is all.

what do you consider a great game.. we need qualifiers..

I think every one knows your not a hater just need to be convinced..

I for one think given the circumstances of a brand new team a brand new system and almost no actually game time with his starting offense crap is going to happen until they get used to each other and the playbook at game speed..

I am willing to give them all the benefit of the doubt.. until the BYE week and then they should be syncing up a bit more..:D

Shutdown
09-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I just want to see flow. If we actually have good flow this week I'll be impressed.

Loyal, I don't think your a hater. I just think you might have heightened expectations at this point in the game.

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Stat wise at least a TD (or a major role in a running TD) and close to no turnovers. I just want to see us at least get somewhere close to 20 points.

MOtorboat
09-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I really would prefer 33 of 49 for 316 yards and a touchdown over a win...because THAT is what really matters!

Shutdown
09-17-2009, 11:12 PM
I really would prefer 33 of 49 for 316 yards and a touchdown over a win...because THAT is what really matters!

/Sarcasm

MOtorboat
09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
/Sarcasm

I'm just trying to rationalize the thread.

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2009, 11:14 PM

:coffee:

Dear God I just gave a promise to praise Orton for having a good game no matter what the outcome is. I want my team to win, THAT IS WHY I WANT MY DAMN QB TO PLAY WELL.

Get it?

I'm just trying to rationalize the thread.

To which extent you failed and failed miserably.

MOtorboat
09-17-2009, 11:16 PM

Dear God I just gave a promise to praise Orton for having a good game no matter what the outcome is. I want my team to win as well, THAT IS WHY I WANT MY DAMN QB TO PLAY WELL.

Get it?

You have completely failed to miss last week's win.

And then you tell me I fail.

LOL.

But again, I'll take the 300-some yards and a touchdown over the win, because that's what matters.

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2009, 11:20 PM
You have completely failed to miss last week's win.

And then you tell me I fail.

LOL.

But again, I'll take the 300-some yards and a touchdown over the win, because that's what matters.

Lol do you just like to pick arguments where they don't exist? Honestly your arguments are just sad because there is no reason to start them.

You go as far to piss on the thread that I promised to give Orton praise if he deserves it? You have been on my butt to get off of Orton's case all this week and I make a post promising to do so if he has a good game? You come in just to start a fight when this is as much slack as I have cut Orton all week?

Get lost, you are a troll right now.

Shazam!
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I will be expecting your Thread LS. Broncos will win Sunday and go to Oakland looking for 3-0.

dogfish
09-17-2009, 11:29 PM
loyal, you just don't get it. . .

if orton goes 3 of 29 for 44 yards with no TDs, 4 picks and a fumble, and we win the game 7-6, then he played well. . .

"In case you didn't notice, we WON the game! Broncos, baby!!"

nurrrr. . .

and if he goes 31 of 36 for 455 yards and 6 TDs, no turnovers, and we lose 45-42, he played great even though we lost-- and if he posts that stat line in a win, he's the second coming. . . .

the ooooonly way the folks you're arguing with are going to think about admitting that he didn't play well is if he posts the first stat line AND we lose. . . if we win the game, it absolutely does not matter how wretched his individual performance was, a win is a win and the quarterback gets credit for it. . .

those are the rules. . . .

got it?

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM

if orton goes 3 of 29 for 44 yards with no TDs, 4 picks and a fumble, and we win the game 7-6, then he played well. . .

nurrrr. . .

and if he goes 31 of 36 for 455 yards and 6 TDs, no turnovers, and we lose 45-42, he played great even though we lost-- and if he posts that stat line in a win, he's the second coming. . . .

the ooooonly way the folks you're arguing with are going to think about admitting that he didn't play well is if he posts the first stat line AND we lose. . . if we win the game, it absolutely does not matter how wretched his individual performance was, a win is a win and the quarterback gets credit for it. . .

got it?

No I get it quite well.

The Broncos won't win consistently without consistent play. If our offense can't move the ball then our defense is constantly having to bail them out in an inverse of last year. Everyone is so caught up on the win last week that they are unable to see that if we play at that same level we are going to get murdered against better teams. Our defense can't hold everyone to 7 point or less so it is a good idea to give them some help so they don't have to.

Luck wins you one or two games, talent and discipline wins you the other 14.

Elevation inc
09-18-2009, 02:47 AM

actually i would prefer 22-30 for 230-250 yds and 2 Td's and the win but thats just me....offensive production combined with defensive aggresion and stops usually is a good balance for winning football games....

Dirk
09-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Hey Loyal...I look forward to your new I love Orton thread! ;)

EastCoastBronco
09-18-2009, 06:56 AM
I think he'll play better just for the simple fact that his finger has had another week to heal up. He was still in "protect the finger" mode last week and it showed. There's a reason the kid has 22 wins. He protects the damn ball.

P.S.... I do fear the ostrich AND I really dig the way that chick in dogfish's avatar is looking at me...

claymore
09-18-2009, 07:06 AM

That is all.Im with you. Anytime you Bring up Ortons poor performance Cutler gets thrown in your face and you're attacked personally.

nurrrr. . .

got it?

Hell yeah. :tsk:

broncofaninfla
09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
If Orton plays bad and we win the game then that means we won the game despite Orton, not because of Orton. If Orton plays good and we win, then he did his part.

As for the losing the game, if Orton plays well, then he did his part. If he sucks an egg then he stands of chance of assuming some of the blame.

Day1BroncoFan
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM

nurrrr. . .

got it?

If he gets 4 picks and a fumble I'll be pissed, even if we win. :tsk:

Mike
09-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Hopefully he starts feeling the flow of the offense and getting comfortable in the new system. Right now that is about the only excuse that's left...but it does buy him a little time. I am still a skeptic.

It would go a long ways if his receivers would catch his passes though.

claymore
09-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Hopefully he starts feeling the flow of the offense and getting comfortable in the new system. Right now that is about the only excuse that's left...but it does buy him a little time. I am still a skeptic.

It would go a long ways if his receivers would catch his passes though.

I dont think he should get a free pass all year. If he is still stinking it up halfway thru the season, I say we nix his ass and put the albino or rookie in.

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM
I just have to chuckle reading these threads.

Every single time Orton is criticized Cutler is almost immediately brought up by a group of posters. Why is that?

The reason Cutler is brought up so axiomatically when Orton is criticized is this: The people who do this are blatantly insecure in Orton's abilities. The only way that they can really defend him is to tear down Cutler.

I'm not trying to say that EVERY time Cutler is mentioned that this is the case because they were both involved in the same trade, and as such comparisons are inevitable.

However, if some folks who like to tear down Cutler had a little more confidence in Orton, and his ability to improve as he becomes more comfortable in McD's offense they wouldn't be worried with tearing down Cutler.

It's just like when you see your old girl-friend out with another guy after she dumped you. You really can't admit that she picked someone else over you to yourself, and about the only way to deal with it is to pick out the flaw's you see in her new boy-friend. It would be more constructive to look at yourself and see what is good about you and what you can improve on, but that takes work, and confidence.

I have confidence that McD and his staff will have the offense improving each week. Orton is certainly capable of running it. He'll probably never have the gaudy stats that get him SportCenter attention, but that doesn't mean we won't win our share of games with him.

Next time somebody wants to tear down Cutler, I hope they stop to consider whether or not they are tearing him down because they are insecure about our own QB. The energy would probably be better spent looking at how far that offense has come since the pre-season, and being congenial towards our other Bronco fan buddies. We're all on the same team, and want the same thing.

CoachChaz
09-18-2009, 12:14 PM

nurrrr. . .

got it?

I dont know. I think I'd be happy with 16-27 for 250 and a TD and a win.

claymore
09-18-2009, 12:14 PM

Every single time Orton is criticized Cutler is almost immediately brought up by a group of posters. Why is that?

The reason Cutler is brought up so axiomatically when Orton is criticized is this: The people who do this are blatantly insecure in Orton's abilities. The only way that they can really defend him is to tear down Cutler.

I'm not trying to say that EVERY time Cutler is mentioned that this is the case because they were both involved in the same trade, and as such comparisons are inevitable.

However, if some folks who like to tear down Cutler had a little more confidence in Orton, and his ability to improve as he becomes more comfortable in McD's offense they wouldn't be worried with tearing down Cutler.

It's just like when you see your old girl-friend out with another guy after she dumped you. You really can't admit that she picked someone else over you to yourself, and about the only way to deal with it is to pick out the flaw's you see in her new boy-friend. It would be more constructive to look at yourself and see what is good about you and what you can improve on, but that takes work, and confidence.

I have confidence that McD and his staff will have the offense improving each week. Orton is certainly capable of running it. He'll probably never have the gaudy stats that get him SportCenter attention, but that doesn't mean we won't win our share of games with him.

Next time somebody wants to tear down Cutler, I hope they stop to consider whether or not they are tearing him down because they are insecure about our own QB. The energy would probably be better spent looking at how far that offense has come since the pre-season, and being congenial towards our other Bronco fan buddies. We're all on the same team, and want the same thing.

Post of the millenium.

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't mind Orton. I still think he can be an effective QB in our offense. I still don't want any part of him for our future long term QB. That isn't as much a diss on Orton as it is hoping McDaniels can find a Qb that's taylor made for his kind of offense and can open up the underneath to use the downfield. Orton just isn't that kind of QB, IMHO.

Lonestar
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Jay is brought for the most part that. Those who are tearing down or ripping KO are blatant jay supporters. And while they do not add him to their oosts. They have been so blatant in the past they need not do so.

As for me being in secure about KO.
Ahahahahahahahaha

Even wonder boy would be still trying to learn this system the only thing he would have going for him would be timing with several of the WR one of which would be dropping his passes instead.
No matter who is behind center they would need time.

Not sure why everyone is expecting us to be firing on all clyinders this early in the rebuild.

Dr Velcro
09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
I REALLY hope Orton improves...

Or you guys end up going with Branstander & he kicks ass.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM

I can guarantee you that I do not tear down Cutler, because I lack confidence in Orton. What Cutler did Sunday night, is what we witnessed many times when he was here. Also, it was Cutler who requested the trade, NOT Orton. Orton was an innocent bystander - he did NOT demand a trade which brought him to Denver - he did NOT convince the Broncos to trade for him. There is no reason for people to cut Orton down. He came with the package deal, HE DID NOT CAUSE THE PACKAGE DEAL. He does not come with an ego, and PLEASE - he wants to win just as much as we WANT him to win.

T.K.O.
09-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Stat wise at least a TD (or a major role in a running TD) and close to no turnovers. I just want to see us at least get somewhere close to 20 points.

uhhh.... you missed it,you just described last weeks game,better get that thread started.;)

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2009, 01:38 PM
uhhh.... you missed it,you just described last weeks game,better get that thread started.;)

Touche. Although, I'm not sure I'd consider 12 close to 20. :D

T.K.O.
09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
If Orton plays bad and we will the game then that means we won the game despite Orton, not because of Orton. If Orton plays good and we win then he did his part.

As for the losing the game, if Orton plays well then he did his part. If he sucks an egg then he stands of chance of assuming some of the blame.

for some reason even if he plays well AND we win,he gets blamed for not winning better:confused:

Ravage!!!
09-18-2009, 01:41 PM
yeah.. but WANTING to win doesn't mean he has the skills that I want to see in a starting QB.

I like the movie "Rudy" and all. Sweet... great kid that had a lot of heart. But that doesn't mean I want Rudy starting at LB.

Sometimes the criticism of Orton doesn't have a DAMNED thing to do with Cutler... and PURELY on Orton alone. Just because some of us didn't want Cutler gone, and don't think he should have been traded, does NOT mean that our criticisms of Orton's play is unjustified or incorrect.... package deal or not.

I think thats the point of the OP... and Night's comments. Cutting down Cutler because he wanted out and blah blah blah.. is the same thing as putting down the new boyfriend because SHE wanted to leave (see how Cutler is now referred to as a girl here, this should make some of you happy). Its bitterness either way.

THis thread had NOTHING to do with Cutler..... yet we know MO had to turn it into a Cutler-bashing thread immediatly. Why? Because tearing down Cutler is easier to do

Ravage!!!
09-18-2009, 01:41 PM

Uhmmm.m... maybe you didn't see the game and only read the stat sheet :D ;)

Crush05
09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I would love to see Orton have a great day as I am not an Orton fan as of yet! Bronocs fan yes...Orton fan NO!!! What I really would prefer to see an all around great team performance along with a win in this game!

T.K.O.
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Uhmmm.m... maybe you didn't see the game and only read the stat sheet :D ;)

i watched the whole game ,had we lost the blame could be put on a # of players,orton would not be at the top of that list.
again i think he played fair, not great.....but in the end their where plenty of dropped passes and penalties and we never got the run game going....so he definately helped us get the W.
i cant even understand why people are griping about ortons play...when we easily could have lost the game because of other factors....BUT WE WON !

''I don't pay attention to that,'' Orton said. ''I don't play to be compared to anybody else. I understand when somebody is traded like that there's always going to be comparisons but I play to win. And that's really the only comparison that matters.''

LoyalSoldier
09-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey Loyal...I look forward to your new I love Orton thread! ;)

I would love to make it, it is Orton's job to prove me wrong and I hope he does it.

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I still don't get why people keep bringing up stats.

The fact is, if Denver is down by a score with 2 minutes left and has the ball at their own 20, I certainly don't feel good about Orton leading us down the field, regardless of what stats, or miracle plays say.

Buff
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM

That is all.

Delusions of grandeur... No one cares about your opinion.

Lonestar
09-18-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't mind Orton. I still think he can be an effective QB in our offense. I still don't want any part of him for our future long term QB. That isn't as much a diss on Orton as it is hoping McDaniels can find a Qb that's taylor made for his kind of offense and can open up the underneath to use the downfield. Orton just isn't that kind of QB, IMHO.

Just curious what makes you think he is not able to do this offense.
Seems to me that if he can make any of the throws this scheme requires.

He is a smart QB that plays for the open man and does not turn the ball over by making risky throws.

What else do you want.

Sent via Blackberry.

LoyalSoldier
09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Delusions of grandeur... No one cares about your opinion.
Apparently you cared enough to post in this thread there by bumping it to the top of the forum where it will be seen for a little while longer.

Buff
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Apparently you cared enough to post in this thread there by bumping it to the top of the forum where it will be seen for a little while longer.

Only because I was annoyed at the fact that you mistakenly thought we gave a damn whether or not you approve of Orton. Like someone will be watching on Sunday when Orton throws a TD and think "Oh good, maybe LoyalSoldier will come on board now."

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Just curious what makes you think he is not able to do this offense.
Seems to me that if he can make any of the throws this scheme requires.

He is a smart QB that plays for the open man and does not turn the ball over by making risky throws.

What else do you want.

Sent via Blackberry.

A game with more than 48 plays, and seven 3 and out's for one.

But hey, as long as our defense keeps shutting opponets out, or limiting them to 1 TD, just maybe Orton can be our future long term QB.

Northman
09-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Pointless thread. Its not about one person.

LoyalSoldier
09-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Only because I was annoyed at the fact that you mistakenly thought we gave a damn whether or not you approve of Orton. Like someone will be watching on Sunday when Orton throws a TD and think "Oh good, maybe LoyalSoldier will come on board now."

And as I said all you do by posting in here is promoting the very thing you hate. So thank you, I am getting more exposure thanks to you. Man I love the internet. People never seem to learn that if you just let something die it goes away faster than if you confront it. :lol:

If you don't give a damn, then fine. Have a good day. I'll keep my thread thank you.

Grover
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Silkamilkamonico wrote:
The fact is, if Denver is down by a score with 2 minutes left and has the ball at their own 20, I certainly don't feel good about Orton leading us down the field, regardless of what stats, or miracle plays say.

I don't recall ever watching Orton play in previous years, as I'm not a Chicago Bears fan. Orton with the Denver Broncos looked tentative in the pocket against the Bengals, and the preseason drives where he moved the team efficiently, all ended with interceptions. I'm not totally excited about him leading the team to a win with 120 seconds left either.

But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for awhile until the season gets going. I like to "feel" confidence in my Quarterback and it's easier when they display confidence in the pocket and confidence in leading the offense. But does my "feeling confidence in our Quarterback" equate to actual results?

Cutler looked confident in the pocket and I never worried about him being intercepted. But he got intercepted a whole bunch and it killed a number of scoring drives.

Plummer went through most of a year where he did not throw any interceptions. He was great bootlegging out and throwing on the run. Then I don't know what the heck happened to him, but towards the end any time he went back to pass I held my breath, because you never knew when he would throw up a wounded duck.

Brandstater inspired confidence this preseason. Big body, confidently stood in the pocket, and had high velocity. His number of touchdown passes? Zero.
(2 interceptions).

The point of this post is that I'm willing to support Orton, even though he's looked a bit tentative, if he plays hard, and looks like he's improving. He doesn't have to look any particular way to me, he just has to be consistently Okay to good. I'm actually tired of "Good Jake" and "Bad Jake" and "Good Jay" and "Bonehead Jay" and not knowing which one would show up on Sunday. An "OK Kyle" would be fine with me if the TEAM plays well and wins games by everyone doing their part.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I can guarantee you that I do not tear down Cutler, because I lack confidence in Orton. What Cutler did Sunday night, is what we witnessed many times when he was here. Also, it was Cutler who requested the trade, NOT Orton. Orton was an innocent bystander - he did NOT demand a trade which brought him to Denver - he did NOT convince the Broncos to trade for him. There is no reason for people to cut Orton down. He came with the package deal, HE DID NOT CAUSE THE PACKAGE DEAL. He does not come with an ego, and PLEASE - he wants to win just as much as we WANT him to win.

Once again though Carol, you're comparing Orton and Cutler. You're upset with Cutler and reveling in his poor performance and using it to somehow justify your support of Orton because the Broncos squeezed out at last second win this week.

Actually, there is a reason to "cut Orton down"... he's our starting QB and was given the keys to the car, right? It's his offense, now right? Just because he seems like a nice, congenial person which everyone believes Cutler was/is not doesn't make him immune to criticism over his play on the field.

Everyone enjoying Cutler's failure should understand the same excuses that guys are making for Kyle, they can make for Jay... new offense, new WRs, WRs that didn't catch passes, etc.

Why are we even discussing Cutler? He's a Bear! Let it be! I don't think Loyal, or Claymore, or Elevation, or Ravage, or dogfish, or I (the so called "Cutler supporters") have any ill will towards Kyle. We critiqued the trade and it was obvious that we didn't support it. We will critique Kyle's play, but it's not because we have any pre-conceived notions about him. We've seen him throw half a dozen INTs in the preaseason to one TD. Now, we've seen him have a sub-par first game. If it were Cutler, WE wouldn't be treating him any differently right now. We're not apologists nor are we haters, we just demand a little more from our players than being "nice guys".

Day1BroncoFan
09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I support Orton because he's the QB for the Broncos.

He hasn't proven to me he's capable yet but I'm willing to give him a chance.

I could care less what our past QB's have done, will do or, are doing right now.

Our whold offense needs to step up to the plate and perform. Dropped passes, penalties and sacks are not going to win games. Our D won't keep the opponents shut out like that every game.

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:44 PM

That is all.

Wow, LS...that's really going out on a ledge!

So what constitutes a "great day"? No int's? Game winning TD? No turnovers?
Seems to me you should already have one up there, no?

And why only if he has a "great day"? Every qb has bad games. Manning vs SD, for one.

Honestly, did cutler EVER have a no-turnover game? I swear he threw a pic every game.....though I'm sure it just seems that way. :elefant:

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:46 PM
what do you consider a great game.. we need qualifiers..

I think every one knows your not a hater just need to be convinced..

I for one think given the circumstances of a brand new team a brand new system and almost no actually game time with his starting offense crap is going to happen until they get used to each other and the playbook at game speed..

I am willing to give them all the benefit of the doubt.. until the BYE week and then they should be syncing up a bit more..:D

Geez, Jr....awful generous, there, buddy. Didn't shanny and every know-it-all on these very boards say it takes 3yrs to learn a system? ;)

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:49 PM

Dear God I just gave a promise to praise Orton for having a good game no matter what the outcome is. I want my team to win, THAT IS WHY I WANT MY DAMN QB TO PLAY WELL.

Get it?

Oooofda.....

1. Didn't he play well in his first game? TD/No int's/Win?

Sorry, LS, but just by your making this thread, is pretty telling ...to me, at least. Sorry.

LoyalSoldier
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Oooofda.....

1. Didn't he play well in his first game? TD/No int's/Win?

Sorry, LS, but just by your making this thread, is pretty telling ...to me, at least. Sorry.

No he didn't. He had a passer rating of 75.5 (Way below average) before that miracle play. He was off target all game long and the offense scored a grand total of 6 points through 59 minutes.

That is a bad game.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 12:06 AM

Post of the trilennium.

Day1BroncoFan
09-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Orton's passer rating was 100.7.

A lot of the drives were killed by penalties and dropped passes which were not Orton's fault. ;)

Ravage!!!
09-20-2009, 12:16 AM
so we are supposed to then believe that no other QBs have dropped passes, and/or Orton didn't throw a single bad pass? What was his QB rating if we took off the lucky 86 yrd TD? Doesn't matter, but please...

THe OP was actually trying to make a good thread and some of you guys are just intentionally trying to be jerks, puttting it down, if he doesn't come in here and praise that anemic offensive effort we put up against the Bengals.

If you actuall WATCH the games, instead of the stats, you would see that the QB rating is completely blown out of proportion. The one completed pass.. makes a 40 pt swing. That doesn't exactly tell the story.

Considering that the OP has been critical of Orton, I think he's trying to reach a hand out.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Touche. Although, I'm not sure I'd consider 12 close to 20. :D

So 20 is the goal? Or is it 1pt better than the other team?

All the announcer last year, when talking about cutler, mentioned how he had such a record once the team scored 21 pts.

Then here we have Kyle winning with 12 measly pts.

Oh wait....the defense excuse.....riiiiiiiight....... Almost forgot about that one. lmao

But then again.....'managers' of the offense are despised by the denver fanbase. I mean, just look back a few years to Jake! If the team won, it was usually Despite him. I see that same word being used, ad nauseum, this year.

Day1BroncoFan
09-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I watched the game. I just posted the truth about what his rating is not what it could have been.

I'll use your way of thinking and say that if those passes would have been caught instead of dropped we wouldn't have needed the miracle play.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF and IF
Jeez.

It is what it is and ain't "If it was this or that".

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 12:29 AM
A game with more than 48 plays, and seven 3 and out's for one.

But hey, as long as our defense keeps shutting opponets out, or limiting them to 1 TD, just maybe Orton can be our future long term QB.

Why? Do you have a fantasy league that gives points for such idiotic stats?

What if cutler were still in denver, and used his 'cannon arm' to throw 80yd td's? Seems the number of plays would be even less, no?

And why would you want more than seven 3 and out's?

I think you're just being nit-picky after the first friggin' game of the season. Maybe ya'll forgot a minute point or two, so let me remind ya:

1. NEW HEAD COACH

2. NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

3. NEW RB's

4. NEW WR's

5. NEW QB

If another reminder need be posted, just let me know. Or you can just copy/paste this one.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2009, 12:31 AM
OMG.. :lol: talk about excuses!!! Holy crap!!

I guess the Jets should have all these excuses too, since they just started a ROOKIE QB instead of a 5th year vet.. wow! :lol:

LoyalSoldier
09-20-2009, 12:39 AM
So 20 is the goal? Or is it 1pt better than the other team?

All the announcer last year, when talking about cutler, mentioned how he had such a record once the team scored 21 pts.

Then here we have Kyle winning with 12 measly pts.

Oh wait....the defense excuse.....riiiiiiiight....... Almost forgot about that one. lmao

But then again.....'managers' of the offense are despised by the denver fanbase. I mean, just look back a few years to Jake! If the team won, it was usually Despite him. I see that same word being used, ad nauseum, this year.

I don't mind game managers if they actually manage the game and not screw us over. That was Jake's problem. When he was managing the game we were playing good sound football, but as soon as he became a liability we struggled. I defended Jake for nearly his whole time here, but I eventually welcomed Jake's benching when he failed to deliver the goods.

To be a game manager you still need to be able to score, you just aren't the type that controls the game.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Once again though Carol, you're comparing Orton and Cutler. You're upset with Cutler and reveling in his poor performance and using it to somehow justify your support of Orton because the Broncos squeezed out at last second win this week.

Actually, there is a reason to "cut Orton down"... he's our starting QB and was given the keys to the car, right? It's his offense, now right? Just because he seems like a nice, congenial person which everyone believes Cutler was/is not doesn't make him immune to criticism over his play on the field.

Everyone enjoying Cutler's failure should understand the same excuses that guys are making for Kyle, they can make for Jay... new offense, new WRs, WRs that didn't catch passes, etc.

Why are we even discussing Cutler? He's a Bear! Let it be! I don't think Loyal, or Claymore, or Elevation, or Ravage, or dogfish, or I (the so called "Cutler supporters") have any ill will towards Kyle. We critiqued the trade and it was obvious that we didn't support it. We will critique Kyle's play, but it's not because we have any pre-conceived notions about him. We've seen him throw half a dozen INTs in the preaseason to one TD. Now, we've seen him have a sub-par first game. If it were Cutler, WE wouldn't be treating him any differently right now. We're not apologists nor are we haters, we just demand a little more from our players than being "nice guys".

Cool! We have our very own psychotherapist on the board....tned...you sly dog....you shouldn't have. ;)

Once I got past your initial sentence.....

Funny how you say ya'll are just 'critiquing' kyle....*after his FIRST game, no less*...and yet, I HARDLY saw any real 'critiquing' of cutler while a bronco.
It was always the D's fault...or the wr's fault....or the TE's fault....or the lack of a running game....blah blah blah.

In other words, like our current political situation, cutler always "got a pass".

LoyalSoldier
09-20-2009, 12:41 AM
I watched the game. I just posted the truth about what his rating is not what it could have been.

I'll use your way of thinking and say that if those passes would have been caught instead of dropped we wouldn't have needed the miracle play.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF and IF
Jeez.

It is what it is and ain't "If it was this or that".

See the thing is there weren't any ifs. What happened was that Orton had a miserable game and threw a miserable pass that got deflected into the hands of Stokley.

I am calling it like I see it. I want Orton to do well, but I can only call a spade a spade. Orton needs to improve.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 12:47 AM
No he didn't. He had a passer rating of 75.5 (Way below average) before that miracle play. He was off target all game long and the offense scored a grand total of 6 points through 59 minutes.

That is a bad game.

Ok, so, since you're now saying we can stop a game at ANY moment in time, to get 'the clear qb rating' *right?*, then lets stop and look at what tom terrific's qb rating was, in the 1st half of last weeks game. Hell......he made brody croyle look like an all-pro! lmao!

C'mon, LS....you look at the stats at the end of the game! Then you either cry in your beer, or kiss your sister. Either way, the stats are what they are. You don't start nit-picking after 5mins into the game, or 20mins or 55mins!

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 12:55 AM
so we are supposed to then believe that no other QBs have dropped passes, and/or Orton didn't throw a single bad pass? What was his QB rating if we took off the lucky 86 yrd TD? Doesn't matter, but please...

THe OP was actually trying to make a good thread and some of you guys are just intentionally trying to be jerks, puttting it down, if he doesn't come in here and praise that anemic offensive effort we put up against the Bengals.

If you actuall WATCH the games, instead of the stats, you would see that the QB rating is completely blown out of proportion. The one completed pass.. makes a 40 pt swing. That doesn't exactly tell the story.

Considering that the OP has been critical of Orton, I think he's trying to reach a hand out.

Yeah..because I'm sure Kyle's the ONLY qb in the history of the league to have a "lucky" TD. I'm sure Franco Harris finds some humor in your lack of history knowledge. :coffee:

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 01:00 AM
OMG.. :lol: talk about excuses!!! Holy crap!!

I guess the Jets should have all these excuses too, since they just started a ROOKIE QB instead of a 5th year vet.. wow! :lol:

Wow, rav..........:confused:

1. Yes, the Jets DO have a rookie HC/QB/OC, etc.

Hey, and guess what else the two teams have in common????

THEY BOTH WON THEIR 1ST GAMES OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!! woohoo!

So....your point is? :confused:

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 01:04 AM
See the thing is there weren't any ifs. What happened was that Orton had a miserable game and threw a miserable pass that got deflected into the hands of Stokley.

I am calling it like I see it. I want Orton to do well, but I can only call a spade a spade. Orton needs to improve.

Plenty of "ifs" by your fellow backers, LS. You know ......like only counting his QB rating BEFORE his "lucky" TD.

I'm sure every QB out there would like to be able to call "freeze-frame" at a certain point of each game.

Or is that just being ridiculous? :confused: :shocked: :lol:

LoyalSoldier
09-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Ok, so, since you're now saying we can stop a game at ANY moment in time, to get 'the clear qb rating' *right?*, then lets stop and look at what tom terrific's qb rating was, in the 1st half of last weeks game. Hell......he made brody croyle look like an all-pro! lmao!

C'mon, LS....you look at the stats at the end of the game! Then you either cry in your beer, or kiss your sister. Either way, the stats are what they are. You don't start nit-picking after 5mins into the game, or 20mins or 55mins!

Your problem is you can't read past the stats. Lies, damnable lies, and statistics. That is my point. Orton may have a rating of 100, but he sure as hell didn't earn that rating. Unless you are trying to tell me it took a lot of skill to force a bad pass into Marshall and have it deflect into Stokley's hands.

Also the stats don't tell how inaccurate he was.

Plenty of "ifs" by your fellow backers, LS. You know ......like only counting his QB rating BEFORE his "lucky" TD.

I'm sure every QB out there would like to be able to call "freeze-frame" at a certain point of each game.

Or is that just being ridiculous? :confused: :shocked: :lol:

Well considering that "before his lucky TD" happen to be every pass he threw in the game......Not to mention his lucky TD was a bad pass.

Honestly I can't believe people are even trying to use the stats to defend Orton's play. I am not going to praise inferior play.

Elevation inc
09-20-2009, 02:11 AM
its clear now its literally impossible to have a differing opinion about kyle and crtique what has been poor play, without getting crap from the likes of quite a few here

the end result loyal............ let it go, so we dont have to listen to the blind people tell us how wrong we are, then they cant stop dragging cutler into every thread about kyle

simply to deflect what the actual issues are...we are bringing up...im certain many of them are insecure about kyles play, and just want to put the blinders on...

Day1BroncoFan
09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Most in here are posting their opinion as am I.

Orton didn't have a great game but he had a lot of passes dropped. One pass went right through Marshalls hands and would have been a first down. More passes were dropped but everyone seems to just overlook that aspect and blame Orton for the whole thing.

Orton hasn't impressed me and I'm not defending him just trying to put all the facts out there for all to see.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Cutler in game 1 with his brand new team....4int's & 1td

I don't give 2 craps how Pretty his throws were....how tight his spirals were....how flat/fast his passes were.

Kyle in game 1 with his brand new team....0int's & 1td

Luck or not, that TD STILL goes in the record book as a TD, and, a come-from-behind WIN.

How certain people on this board can blatantly throw a blind eye to these facts is frighteningly transparent to their bias.

Kyle can throw underhanded with his left hand, for td's, for all I care, just so he's not throwing his team under the bus (like 4int's). Because unlike a few people on this board, as long as the players WANT to be on the team, and are playing their hearts out for the team, I will always back them up. Just like I backed Jake (and his winning record), I'll back Kyle.

LoyalSoldier
09-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Most in here are posting their opinion as am I.

Orton didn't have a great game but he had a lot of passes dropped. One pass went right through Marshalls hands and would have been a first down. More passes were dropped but everyone seems to just overlook that aspect and blame Orton for the whole thing.

Orton hasn't impressed me and I'm not defending him just trying to put all the facts out there for all to see.

The thing is though it is hard to say that Orton didn't have a role in those drops considering his receivers were heavily adjusting for passes nearly all day long. I couldn't tell you how many passes I saw where the WR had to come to a complete stop.

I don't give 2 craps how Pretty his throws were....how tight his spirals were....how flat/fast his passes were.

Luck or not, that TD STILL goes in the record book as a TD, and, a come-from-behind WIN.

How certain people on this board can blatantly throw a blind eye to these facts is frighteningly transparent to their bias.

Kyle can throw underhanded with his left hand, for td's, for all I care, just so he's not throwing his team under the bus (like 4int's). Because unlike a few people on this board, as long as the players WANT to be on the team, and are playing their hearts out for the team, I will always back them up. Just like I backed Jake (and his winning record), I'll back Kyle.

Yea nice and all, but wanting to be here is only part of the equation. Playing like you deserve to be here is another.

I am not saying bench Orton yet, but I am saying that he better start playing better or else he will end up on the bench in a hurry.

Elevation inc
09-20-2009, 12:09 PM

well good for you doesnt give you the right to knock people that have a slightly more realistic view of kyle, im glad we won and im glad we didnt turn the ball over , but the reality is if he doesnt improve ASAP when we finally meet a good pass defense which oakland does have as well as clevland, and every other nasty team in the next six weeks this team will flounder very quickly.....so enjoy the win...really..some of us are just a bit closer to reality i guess...

its not hard to figure some of us are just very worried about the next 15 we have to play as opposed to the mircale win we had becasue of luck and not kyles skill....for all you know kyles ineffective play could leave us 1-15, what will be your excuse then, drops, penalties, new system....give it a rest. the guy needs to improve and quick if we even wanna a prayer of avoidng being a laughingstock on offense all year.

and for gods sake leave cutler out of it this is about kyle not jay cutler in chicago....

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
well good for you doesnt give you the right to knock people that have a slightly more realistic view of kyle, im glad we won and im glad we didnt turn the ball over , but the reality is if he doesnt improve ASAP when we finally meet a good pass defense which oakland does have as well as clevland, and every other nasty team in the next six weeks this team will flounder very quickly.....so enjoy the win...really..some of us are just a bit closer to reality i guess...

its not hard to figure some of us are just very worried about the next 15 we have to play as opposed to the mircale win we had becasue of luck and not kyles skill....for all you know kyles ineffective play could leave us 1-15, what will be your excuse then, drops, penalties, new system....give it a rest. the guy needs to improve and quick if we even wanna a prayer of avoidng being a laughingstock on offense all year.

and for gods sake leave cutler out of it this is about kyle not jay cutler in chicago....

I love hypocrites..... I'm not 'knocking' people, as you put it. I'm defending. Look up the difference sometime. While you're at it, look up "hypocrite".

1. I NEVER said Orton is the 2nd coming.
I don't believe you'll find 1 person on this board that says it, either.

2. He's had 1 game. What part of that do you NOT understand! He's played in 2+ preseason games, to boot.

You that think he should have come into Denver and lit up the NFL are delusional at best. He's played off/on over his career, with an offensively challenged, defense-led team.

And we'll quit bringing up cutler cutler cutler cutler cutler cutler after Kyle is no longer compared to him....

.....but reserve the right to bring him back up whenever he has a replay of last week. :D

Elevation inc
09-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I love hypocrites..... I'm not 'knocking' people, as you put it. I'm defending. Look up the difference sometime. While you're at it, look up "hypocrite".

1. I NEVER said Orton is the 2nd coming.
I don't believe you'll find 1 person on this board that says it, either.

2. He's had 1 game. What part of that do you NOT understand! He's played in 2+ preseason games, to boot.

You that think he should have come into Denver and lit up the NFL are delusional at best. He's played off/on over his career, with an offensively challenged, defense-led team.

And we'll quit bringing up cutler cutler cutler cutler cutler cutler after Kyle is no longer compared to him....

.....but reserve the right to bring him back up whenever he has a replay of last week. :D

LOL i never once stated what your accusing me off, and i never compared cutler to kyle in these posts. the sooner you stop bringing cutler up the better off we will all be....we let cutler go and are unhappy with our current qb....why cant you let him go...man crush???

and you are knocking people who have a differing opinion even if it isnt extrem you still go out of your way to discredit them with all your excuses, yet you try to discredit people who used the same excuses for cutler.

you crack me up, your post ooze of more hypocricsy then anyone....so you should love hypocrites seeing as you look at one everytime you see your own image in a mirror

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
LOL i never once stated what your accusing me off, and i never compared cutler to kyle in these posts. the sooner you stop bringing cutler up the better off we will all be....we let cutler go and are unhappy with our current qb....why cant you let him go...man crush???

and you are knocking people who have a differing opinion even if it isnt extrem you still go out of your way to discredit them with all your excuses, yet you try to discredit people who used the same excuses for cutler.

you crack me up, your post ooze of more hypocricsy then anyone....so you should love hypocrites seeing as you look at one everytime you see your own image in a mirror

Yea, whatever.

Just because I can have an honest debate, which, frankly, is like childsplay against some here. All I have to do to discredit those with bias, is to simply go with facts.

And I can post without having it edited by mods....

Elevation inc
09-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Yea, whatever.

Just because I can have an honest debate, which, frankly, is like childsplay against some here. All I have to do to discredit those with bias, is to simply go with facts.

And I can post without having it edited by mods....

wow big boy..wanna cookie now....

so a mod made sure i wasnt hurting your feelings by calling you out....lol.....yikes....big change

and the bias is mostly in your corner, and rarely do objective debates come from you. the only childsplay like behavior i see comes from you...:rolleyes:

rcsodak
09-22-2009, 12:04 AM
]wow big boy..wanna cookie now....

so a mod made sure i wasnt hurting your feelings by calling you out....lol.....yikes....big change[/B]

and the bias is mostly in your corner, and rarely do objective debates come from you. the only childsplay like behavior i see comes from you...:rolleyes:

You can always tell the character of a poster, by those that give salutes....

(missing dream)

:laugh:

Are you able to post without going personal?

I have my doubts....but figured I'd ask, nonetheless.. :coffee:

Elevation inc
09-22-2009, 04:41 AM
You can always tell the character of a poster, by those that give salutes....

(missing dream)

:laugh:

Are you able to post without going personal?

I have my doubts....but figured I'd ask, nonetheless.. :coffee:

well i think we both realized were past this now...lol:beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I think Orton can continue to be successful in this offense as the season rolls along. It seems as if the wide receivers haven't been doing that well with adjusting to defenses, making good reads on coverage and being in sync with everything that is going on. This doesn't make up for some of Orton's poor mistakes, but it also needs to be figured in to the relative passing success of the offense. When Kyle says he felt the offense left a couple bones on the field the past two weeks, I believe him.

I still expect a few kinks and clanks. The offense will progress and get better and I assume the defense cannot play like this (for the most part) for the whole season.

Kyle is 2-0 here, without a pick in the regular season and helping us win football games. Good for Kyle.

GEM
09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh for damned sakes. Would you all knock this bullshit off? YOUR OPINION IS JUSTTHAT, AN OPINION. You aren't right, you aren't wrong. It's what you think. Cutler is always going to be brought up in the same sentence with Orton because he was included in the trade. It's just the way it is. If you all would knock off taking all these OPINIONS so ******* personal and try, JUST ONCE to understand that not everyone is going to agree with you. Why get so flipping upset because someone on a message board doesn't see shit the way you see it.

The hostility in the Broncos fanbase is utterly friggen ridiculous. If you don't want to openly read OPINIONS, you are in the wrong place. If you can't take others OPINIONS without taking it personal and acting like an ass, you are in the wrong place. This board is made up of opinions. Get used to it, get off your high horse and knock this off already.

This isn't towards anyone directly.

****, it's old already.

T.K.O.
09-22-2009, 10:32 AM
. Cutler is always going to be brought up in the same sentence with Orton because he was included in the trade. It's just the way it is.

****, it's old already.

actually if we win a superbowl with orton i bet cutler becomes a faded memory faster than we think !......that would be a good way to stop all the fighting amongst fans too!;):salute:
i think i'll forward this idea to josh a.s.a.p.